using a "read receipt" for emails sent through Publisher

I'm using Outlook Express to send my email newsletter.  Outlook Express
itself has  "read receipt" functionality.  However, when I attempt to send my
message through Publisher, I don't see "read receipt" as an option.  Ideas?

Michelle

"mlemblem" <mlemblem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook Express to send my email newsletter.  Outlook
> Express
> itself has  "read receipt" functionality.  However, when I attempt to
> send my
> message through Publisher, I don't see "read receipt" as an option.
> Ideas?
>
> Michelle

You're probably wasting your time many if not most users will have
disabled read receipts to avoid conformation of their e-mail address to
spammers.

0
GbH

Content of read receipt
Can i customize the content of read receipt? any info? Thanks. tony I don't think so. "Tony WONG" <x34@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:uyapMNI8IHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can i customize the content of read receipt? > > any info? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH....

Read receipt in Entourage and mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How do set the delivered and read receipt in Entourage and Mail? So that we will be inform whether the email recipient have received and read email that we sent. Outlook can do this. Thanks a bunch.... Paulina_Lo@officeformac.com wrote: > How do set the delivered and read receipt in Entourage and Mail? So > that we will be inform whether the email recipient have received and > read email that we sent. Outlook can do this. Go to Tools --> Accounts... and double-click your account. Under the Options tab ad...

Read Receipts #8
Does anyone know why when I read a Message in Outlook 2003 the read receipt is sent but with the TO field blank. This causes some SPAM filters to return the message thinking its SPAM? I have tried with several different people and they all get the blank TO fields in the receipts, but when I read a message in OWA it sends it OK... Any comments... PLEASE HELP Thanks ...

Read receipt #11
Hi, I have a problem with Outlook 2003. I was sent an email today and the person that sent it requested a read receipt. I clicked ok to send it. Now when I try to send and receive it says sending message 1 of 1 and then just stops and an error message is displayed. I think the read receipt is stuck in Outlook. It says the connection to the server was interrupted. How do I clear it?. Why isnt the receipt visible in the outbox like a normal email? Any help anyone could give me would be most welcome. Jake -- "Today I saw a little worm Wriggling on his belly. Perhaps he'd ...

Outlook 2000 will not send read receipts from Outlook XP
We have several computers on our network that have Outlook 2000 and several with Outlook XP. When a read receipt is requested from an Outlook 2002 email sent to a user with Outlook 2000, the read receipt will not be forwarded back to the PC with Outlook XP. In stead it gets stuck in the Outlook 2000 Outbox and it has to be deleted in in order for Outlook 2000 to continue to receive or send messages Thanks Martin ...

Outlook 2000 does not send a read receipt to sender
When I get email that has requested a read receipt (from outlook) the read request goes to the Outbox and does not get sent. In fact it won't send. My tracking options are set for "always send a receipt" What's up? ...

Read Receipts to different folder
I want to continue to receive my read receipts, but i do not wish for them to go directly into my inbox. How do I set it up so when I get a read receipt it can go directly into a separate sub-folder I created specifically for them? Please help. Use a rule to move them, click Tools, Rules and alerts. April Axe wrote: > I want to continue to receive my read receipts, but i do not wish for them to > go directly into my inbox. How do I set it up so when I get a read receipt it > can go directly into a separate sub-folder I created specifically for them? > > P...

Outlook rule for read receipts?
Is it possible to set up a rule that would flag an incoming mail message if a read receipt request was detected? The reason I ask is that I've noticed certain people in my organization often don't read emails from me if I've selected the read receipt option. John JohnW wrote: > Is it possible to set up a rule that would flag an incoming mail > message if a read receipt request was detected? The reason I ask is > that I've noticed certain people in my organization often don't read > emails from me if I've selected the read receipt option. > > John...

Cancel read receipt #2
Third attempt - thanks everyone, but I know how to turn read receipts off (which I've now done). The problem is that I sent a read receipt on a message which arrived via a mail service which doesn't support send (POP3 only, no SMTP service). Outlook 2003 is continually trying to send the receipt via the service on which it arrived (and therefore continually failing). As the message doesn't appear in Outbox or Sent Items - any ideas how I can get rid of it? ...

not returning read receipts.
I've send a mail message from outlook express 2002 to outlook 97 with the option read receipt on, but i didn't receive the read receipt. The side of outlook 97 didn't get the aplet asking to send the read receipt. When i send mail to myself on each machine, this option works fine (outlook 97 sends the read receipt without asking and outlook express 2002 sends the read receipt with the aplet). some mail servers don't honor read receipts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert...

read receipts #2
My Outlook 2000 client does not have the option to NOT process a read receipt (its grayed out) for internal email. Is there a setting in Exchange 5.5 where I can change this to NOT send a read receipt? Read receipts are client-side fluff stuff. For Outlook2000, I would recommend Watch Your Back by www.grinningshark.com William "bernardl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045001c3be9b$202a5780$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My Outlook 2000 client does not have the option to NOT > process a read receipt (its grayed out) for internal > email. Is th...

Read Receipts and Outlook Web Access
Hi All, I hope that somebody can help or direct me to a more appropriate forum. We are using Outlook Web Access and using Exchange 2003. I am new to exchange but learning v. quickly! We need a to disable owa users the ability to block Read Receipts (d management sez). For instance I send an owa user an email and request a read receipt. They receive the email but currently have the option to send a read receipt or not to the sender. We need an enterprise wide solution to disable the users ability to send a read receipt or not and just send a read receipt to the sender. Is ther...

Read Receipt Requested
I have created an auto Email capability in my Access database to run in Outlook 2007. I need to add an automatic Read Receipt request to be sent with each Email generated by the Access database. Is there a way to set this request in the Access database code? "Email generated" how exactly? Is that your code using the Outlook Object Model? Set the MailItem.ReadReceiptRequested property. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO and MAPI Developer Tool - "wilhelmmt" <wilhelmmt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Problem sending "Read Receipt" in Outlook 2003
Hello, I am having problems sending a "read receipt" when one is requested. In "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Tracking Options" I use "Ask me before sending a response" When a person asks for a "read receipt" I can accept or decline, but when I allow a read receipt to be sent I do not find it in the "Sent" folder. And subsequently the person is not receiving it. I also observed that once I accepted to sent a receipt, one of my other accounts (not default) and not the one I received the email "To" is trying to sen...

Read Receipts
The standard read receipt is somewhat cryptic. eg Final-Recipient: RFC822; xxx@yyy.com Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; displayed X-MSExch-Correlation-Key: vutepr88W0O8/648n5xp/g== Original-Message-ID: <92DBBEA563EC49BD91657854F3BA8B69@delljim> Is it possible to configure it to be more informative? eg including time and date sent -- Jim Bunton On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:53:20 +0100, Jim Bunton wrote: > The standard read receipt is somewhat cryptic. > eg > Final-Recipient: RFC822; xxx@yyy.com > Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-...

Read Receipt problem in SFO
I have struck a problem in SFO to do with read receipts. If I generate a normal Outlook email and set the option to request a read receipt and delivery receipt, then the functionality is normal in that the recipient is offered a dialog box choice to send a read receipt and the sender receives a delivery receipt. If the recipient chooses to send a read receipt, then the sender receives it. However, if I generate a CRM email using the CRM toolbar in Outlook, then the above does not occur. No delivery receipt is received by the sender, no dialog offering to send a read receipt is displaye...

Oultlook 2000 CW and Exchange 2003 Read Receipts
Good Evening I am trying to prevent Read receipts from being automatically responded to in Outlook 2000 being setup with exchange 2003, in CW mode. I have tried editing the key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Receipt Response=dword:00000002 But this had no effect. I have had a look at the article on Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB:324636) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324636 However this is for exchange 2000, would this work in 2003 and if so, is it possible to download the hotfix without paying for Microsoft s...

Strange Read Receipt Issue
I have a user that receives the same read receipt several times per day and this has gone on for 2 years. He has a rule set to auto delete them but wants to know why this is happening. I've never heard of or seen this behavior and don't see any resolutions on the web. Any ideas? In news:6AD970FA-97C9-4F38-B3F7-F6DE33117261@microsoft.com, Jeff R <JeffR@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have a user that receives the same read receipt several times per > day and this has gone on for 2 years. He has a rule set to auto > delete them but wants to know why this i...

some read receipts not working
Hello, i've really strange problem here. One of my customer (about 400 clients) complain that since we started migration from office 2000 to office 2003 few users (less than 10) are having some problems with the outlook read receipts. Users are using outlook 2003 and can't receive the receipts for some groups of users, for example one is complaining she can't receive the receipts from all people starting with letter "g". The same user can change pc, and all works fine, so it can't be a problem of who receive the email. thank you for help P. "Diarmar" wrote...

Delete pending Read Receipts
I have search the internet and news groups for this and all i can find is this OutSpy application but i can use it because the trialversion has expired, i only want to delete a pending read receipts. Is there a way to delete it somehow, I can't setup a smtp because of firewall issue, so i really need a way to delete it. Is there code somewhere that can check that and delete that. mxrioux@mccain.ca <mxrioux@mccain.ca> wrote: > I have search the internet and news groups for this and all i can find > is this OutSpy application but i can use it because the trialversion > has...

Read Receipt problem
Hi I use Outlook 2003 on a network at work. People keep getting read receipts from me when I open their emails to me, even though they have not asked for one! Not everyone, just some of them. Any thoughts please? Thanks Dave Sounds like a default setting on the network side most likely. Check through the settings on the network machine and see if there is something designated there. -- John C. Harris, MPA JCZ Consulting Services, LLC Thanks John. Would that still be the case if it is just my profile out of about 200 that is doing it? Dave John C. Harris, MPA wrote: > S...

Disabling read receipts to the Internet
Hi, I would like to know if I can block the read receipts sent from my organization to the Internet. I'm using Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook 2000. Connecting to the Internet, I've a W2K based SMTP gateway. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

User getting read receipts not even setup for that
Hi guys, I have a user using outlook 2000 sp3 in a w2k domain with a single exchange 2000 server. This user has always gotten read receipts (from what he's telling me). However, he is not even setup to get read receipts (Tools -Options - Email Options - Tracking Options). I set up a rule to permenantly delete all read receipts, however I would like to know why this is happening and if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks Todd Delegates involved? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus na...

Read Receipts #5
Is there a way you can shut off your clients option to send responses to read receipts. We want Outlook to always send a response (especially for internal mail) and we do not want the user to be able to change this. Also I would like to block the users ability to clear the deleted items folder. We still want administrators to be able to view this folder if that is possible. I would also like to shut off Auto Preview without going around to every client Is there a form of grou policy for Exchange? Thanks, Patrick Quinn i don't see any options in gpo for preventing users from cleari...

Auto response setup to read receipt in Outlook 97?
Hi, Can anybody tell me how to setup autoresponse (for all incoming emails) to read receipt request in Outlook 97? Thanks Saq ...