Updated KB: Thin Line Appears and Is Printed Outside Object with Border and Fill Applied

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290911

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

print labels
Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? Thanks, Andre Not really, use mailmerge with Word http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Andre" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:OWveirddGHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? > > Thanks, Andre > I have my names in Excel going across fname lname street etc. I then open Word and use mail wizard and follow it and give the excel file as its source Works great ...

Apply return directly to a document
How I can apply an return directly to an customer's invoice, without use the Apply Sales Documents option? -- Todo es posible si te lo propones. There is no way to do that. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "jbatista" <jbatista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF146704-0485-4B6F-BA80-E65FC0669F0C@microsoft.com... > How I can apply an return directly to an customer's invoice, without use > the > Apply Sales Documents option? > -- > Todo es posible si te lo propones. On Nov 20, 12:00 pm, "Victoria [...

Applying Credit Balance to Layaway
Customer has a credit balance on his in-house account and would like to use that to make a payment against a Layway order but get "Error 311 ' Tender Type cannot exceed purchase amount'". Anyone figured out how to do this? Thanks in advance, Pete Pete, You can't do it that way. The only way is to do it in 2 transactions that I know of. First, bring up the customer, Shift + F4 Payment, OK, should show the overpayment/credit and give it back as Cash. Next transaction, recall the layaway, Shift + F4 Payment, enter the amount returned in the first transaction, ...

xy scatter line goes below zero
The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a very steep increase, the line that connects them assumes that there is a dip into negative values before the increase when this is not actually the case. Hi, Have you got the Smooth line option ticked? Cheers Andy jon7 wrote: > The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there > any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a > very steep increase, the line that connect...

Print bcc's on copy of sent message?
If *I* send a message and blind copy someone on it, is there any way to get Outlook to print the bcc recipients? Right now I'm having to handwrite the bcc's on my file copy. Would love it if Outlook would automatically print this. ...

Epson Stylus NX515 does not print, not even a Test page
I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not print. Not even a test page. Here is a link to Epson trouble shooting site. Make sure when you want to print you pick your printer if there is a list of printers. "Ritter197" wrote: > I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is > also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not > print. Not even a test page. > > . > http://www.epson.com...

Print to a file
My program has some methods that print to a printer OK. But I need to put labels on those files afterwards so it would be better to print them to a file first. The program calls GetPrinterDC() before starting the printing. Is there some update that will permit the user to print to a file? Thanks, E-Jo Hello E-Jo, Glad to see you. Generally speaking, if you want to save and add the information in current dc to a file, you can create a dc from a bmp and blt all informaiton from the src dc to the bmp. I notice you would like to put labels on a file after it is printed. I am afraid I...

CEditView No line wrap
How do I keep CEditView in my SDI application from wrapping the lines of text entered? i.e., I want the horizontal scrollbar. "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutextonline.com> wrote in message news:vrs98r4qk4so3f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I keep CEditView in my SDI application from wrapping the lines of > text entered? i.e., I want the horizontal scrollbar. Give it the (ES_AUTOHSCROLL|WS_HSCROLL) styles. In a CEditView derived class you can insure this by ORing the CREATESTRUCT.style member in an override of PreCreateWindow. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

Small problem with a line chart
Hi I have a smal problem with a line chart. The chart shows progress of my teams league points over a season, the data is derived from a series of rows which I fill in after a game. In the data, I am using COUNTBLANK to have a blank cell until the row contains data EG =IF(COUNTBLANK(P53:Y53)>0,"",((P53+U53)*3)+Q53+V53) The problem is that the data series assumes unfilled rows (IE the future unplayed games) are zero, so there is a line that connects from the top of my line down to the zero on my X axis. I would just like the line to stop at the last value. Can anyone suggest a w...

Print Button
On my summary tab, I want to add a print button command that will print the entire work book if the button is pushed. How do I add the print button? Hi, First do the print setup for all the tabs then write a macro to print each tab create a button in summary sheet using toolbox assign the macro to this button Ratheesh ...

Updated reorder quantities
1. How do we update the reorder point and restock levels in HQ, if we change them at the store level? 2. Is there a SQL command to help consolidate the supplier codes? I now have 2 supplier codes for some of my suppliers now that we installed HQ. I had my local partner come in and work a little on this, but he created more problems than solutions. 3. I am also looking for a new RMS partner in the area of California Central Coast. ...

2D line shape
Hi, If I draw a line and draw another line from the end of the first line, the whole becomes instantly a 2D shape and the two lines themselves cannot be extended individually. I am having trouble with that. I often type in a cable number in a line and that number normally shows right on top of the line. Now if I type a number with the two lines I described above, the number appears in the middle of the new born 2D shape. Is there a way to change lines separately from each other after they have become a 2D shape ? Or is there a way to avoid them becoming a 2D shape ? Thanks, Arnold The ...

Userform
Hi all I have a problem I am using the following code, Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() frmOrders.PrintForm End Sub How is it possible to get the userform to be printed in landscape Thanks in advance Greg Greg, You could throw up a print dialog and allow the user to select landscape (and even the printer if required), and then print after, something like Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() Dim fOK As Boolean Dim sPrinter As String With Application sPrinter = .ActivePrinter fOK= .Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show End With If fOK= Then frmOrders.PrintForm...

Custom print comments in Excel 2007
Hi there There are two ways to print comments in Excel, either the WYSIWYG way (little stacked boxes over the actual worksheet) or as separate pages. Problem with the separate pages way: the comments get printed as Cell: B9 Comment: User name: Comment... Now, the cell number is not necessarly the easiest way to locate a specific cell. My question: would it be possible to replace the cell number with, for example, the content of the cell or the content of the neighboring cell? I'm not an expert in VBA programming, but if someone could point out where I should start to customiz...

Why is phrase "SPAM:LOW" in Subject line of all incoming e-mails?
The phrase "SPAM: LOW" appears in the "Subject" line of all incoming e-mail messages, including those that already have a "Subject" line inserted by the sender. The phrase "SPAM: LOW" is simply added by (I assume) Outlook 2007, which I use for all e-mail services. QUESTION: WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THAT PHRASE FROM APPEARING ON ALL INCOMING E-MAIL MESSAGES? It was not added by outlook. Either your mail server is running antispam software that added it or you are using an antispam addin in outlook that is causing it. -- Diane Poremsky...

Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002
In the past this function worked OK. Recently, after adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an online update. When I start adding the old stocks back, it will update some, but not all. I am forced to do this unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update done. Any suggestions? try update on the money program. in 2003 there is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of window. select the "update now" and "money upda...

Printing: repeating columns on left and RIGHT
I know in File-Page Setup I can specify the columns to repeat at the left of each printed page. For my spreadsheet however, I need to repeat some columns from both the left and RIGHT sides of my spreadsheet on each printed page. Is there a way to do this? ...

missing characters in printed copy
i created a mail merge document. just plain text with one single image(signature on letter). after completing/printing the job. we just realized that some characters are missing within the body of the letter. i cant figure out what seems to be or root of the problem. i tried to save the same exact document to previous version..(97-2003) and then tried to print a couple of sheets....it looks perfect. can somebody gave me info what may have caused that problem? here's some additional info: o.s. xp word 2007 printer : canon ir110 using pcl driver note: used the same fl...

print spool large files
When we send a print job to our color laser printer, the original job is 67MB but it gets blown up after we send it to the printer to over 2GB. This makes the print job take forever to print the 10 page brochure. We have tried new drivers and different printers and we have all service packs installled. Thanks for any help that you may offer. Tony How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us Can you add RAM to your printer? Have you looked at the printe...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

Duplex printing #6
Is it possible to control the number of pages printed before the reverse side is printed when printing with duplex printing? I like the duplex capability but it's only printing 2 pages each time requirng constant attention. I'd like it to print all of page 1 then all of page 2. I know of workarounds but i'm trying to do it legitmately. TIA, Lee Hunter Are you using a duplex unit? If not, print current page for how many copies, turn the pages over...go to page 2, print current page again. If it is a booklet, view, clear two page spread, then use the current page option, c...

Performance Updates
I need to get our remote users the ability to use CRM Sales for Outlook from a vpn connection. I received some advice on this regarding performance updates for outlook clients. How do I do this? Please advise here is the link you need http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=133a85d0-e3e3-4356-908d-9fb6e4fa3501&DisplayLang=en however you should also make sure the users install the outlook client while connected to your corporate lan and then do their initial go offline there as well. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Dave"...

IE8
In IE8, if you view a SQL 2005 SP3 report server report through a Page Viewer web part in SharePoint WSS 3.0, the rendered tables have the right hand borders missing. It only occurs when there is a left/right border-collapse in the table, which suggests a problem with the table width. If you zoom, export or print the report, the borders show. Testing on IE7 reveals borders showing OK for same markup (I compared them). Is this an IE8 bug? No, <joke>its the loose keyboard nut</joke> Press the Compatibility button in IE8 to switch to the IE7 rendering mode. (...

printing a window
Somebody please help me! How do I print the window that is up when you first open a blank document in Microsoft Publisher? I want to print the actual window with the menu, toolbar, status bar, etc. for some students so they can label the different parts of the window before we start working on publications. Thank you one and all for your help! Cindy Excellent freeware screen capture program. Any choice of options you want http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html -- The simpleist way to print any screen you can see is to press the Print Screen key then paste the result into what...

printing reply with "From: Setn: To: Subject: lines before sending
I send my reply to Print and the only thing that prints is my actual reply. I want it to print the From: Sent: To: Subject: etc. - Now, after I send a reply, I go into my Sent items and then print my reply in order to get the headings to show. What can I do? ...