Unable to Install Publisher 2003 with Office 2003

I bought Microsoft Publisher 2003 at the same time but in a separate package
with Microsoft Office: Student and Teacher 2003.  The installation gets to
the point where I enter my key, it works. But shortly afterwards there is an
error message saying that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP
on my computer and that this is necessary to install Publisher 2003, and it
prompts me to designate a drive where it is found.  But then the installation
repeats that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP and stops. I
really hope that it's not impossible for Publisher 2003 to work with Office
2003.
0
jonathan1 (95)

Jonathan wrote:
> I bought Microsoft Publisher 2003 at the same time but in a separate
> package with Microsoft Office: Student and Teacher 2003.  The
> installation gets to the point where I enter my key, it works. But
> shortly afterwards there is an error message saying that it cannot
> find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP on my computer and that
> this is necessary to install Publisher 2003, and it prompts me to
> designate a drive where it is found.  But then the installation
> repeats that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP and
> stops. I really hope that it's not impossible for Publisher 2003 to
> work with Office 2003.
===================================

Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:

(315995) You receive an "Error 1608. Setup
could not locate a version of Microsoft Office
97, 2000 or XP on the selected drive" error
message when you try to upgrade Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315995/en-us

--

******John Inzer********
**MS Picture It! MVP**

*****Digital Image******
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

*********Notice***********
This is not tech support
........I am a volunteer.......

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you.

Proceed at your own risk.

   Need a Web Host?
*******Consider********
Annex Technologies
http://www.annex.com/
**************************

0
oobie (2069)
11/15/2006 2:10:39 PM
"Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought Microsoft Publisher 2003 at the same time but in a separate
>package
> with Microsoft Office: Student and Teacher 2003.  The installation gets to
> the point where I enter my key, it works. But shortly afterwards there is
> an
> error message saying that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office
> XP
> on my computer and that this is necessary to install Publisher 2003, and
> it
> prompts me to designate a drive where it is found.  But then the
> installation
> repeats that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP and
> stops. I
> really hope that it's not impossible for Publisher 2003 to work with
> Office
> 2003.

The article referred to by John Inzer
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315995/en-us ) is most likely the answer to
your problem if you do not have one of the qualifying products.
The important point is you likely have the  UPGRADE version of Publisher and
you need the FULL version.
Check the box of the product you purchased.

You fears are unjustified, Pub 2003 works on its own without any dependency
on other Office products, the problem is just that Upgrade versions of
products need to find qualifying earlier products and Full versions cost
more but install without any preconditions.

John G.

0
green1 (38)
11/15/2006 9:44:09 PM
It sounds like you bought an upgrade version, not full retail.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought Microsoft Publisher 2003 at the same time but in a separate
>package
> with Microsoft Office: Student and Teacher 2003.  The installation gets to
> the point where I enter my key, it works. But shortly afterwards there is
> an
> error message saying that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office
> XP
> on my computer and that this is necessary to install Publisher 2003, and
> it
> prompts me to designate a drive where it is found.  But then the
> installation
> repeats that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP and
> stops. I
> really hope that it's not impossible for Publisher 2003 to work with
> Office
> 2003.

0
jl_paules (2768)

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Outlook 2003 attachments.
When an email comes in with say a word attachment, i go to open the attachment the only option i get is 'save to disk' or cancel. It gives a message saying that this file might contain a virus etc. etc. This happens with all attachments. How can i change it so there is a open button also. The pc is windows 2000 sp 4 with Office 2003. Regards ...

publisher 2003 #38
Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ?? That could be a multitude of things. And I'd even guess that most are not Office related. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "zed" wrote: > Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 > and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , > opening "my c...

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

Publisher 2003 & IE 8
I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003. Lately people using IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom. People using Chrome are just fine. Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 & Publisher 2003? There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to these issues and a Service Patch that has been issue...

Out-of-office twin replies

Office 2007 SP2
Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? C. "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:ejYOAzcyJHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to > each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? > Nope - still there... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Office 2007 trial is very slow. Is this because it's a trial
I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional features? It's likely due to the expanded feature set and increased hardware requirement over Office 2003. rtappan wrote: > I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for > it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just > because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the ad...

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Creating a template using Publisher

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Installation errors. 01-09-04
I'm setting up CRM 1.2 on a completely clean test environment of windows 2000 servers. Near the end of the installation a message pops up "Setup was unable to register the security service." What could be causing this The usual story: To get the MCCRMSecurityService starting, have you tried re-registering it as follows: On your crm server, at command prompt, go to program files - microsoft crm - bin, then run these commands crmsecurityservice -u crmsecurityservice -r -s Peter Lynch "J. Bridger" <Bridger@nospam.ofllc.com> wrote in message news:0aa001c3d6...