Unable to install 2000 Publisher upgrade on new computer

I have a new computer with office xp professional, but
the publisher application that came with xp does not have
the same functionality of the office 2000 professional
publisher that i created most of my publications with.  I
can not get the "2000 upgrade" that I purchased to
install on my new computer.  It says that there is not a
valid product to update. Is there some way around this?
0
judy3791 (2)

Do you have any old Microsoft product disks that you can install? Works, Excel,
Access, PowerPoint, Lotus 1-2-3, Microsoft Project or Word.
Publisher 2002 is superior to 2000. What features are you missing?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JAdams" <judy@suitescheduler.com> wrote in message
>I have a new computer with office xp professional, but
> the publisher application that came with xp does not have
> the same functionality of the office 2000 professional
> publisher that i created most of my publications with.  I
> can not get the "2000 upgrade" that I purchased to
> install on my new computer.  It says that there is not a
> valid product to update. Is there some way around this?

0
gsauer (5093)
9/9/2004 9:24:52 PM
Judy,

I don't understand what you mean by "the publisher application that came
with XP doesn't have the same functionality of the 2000". Actually Pub 2002
is a better version. I can't think of anything that 2000 did that 2002
doesn't.

As for putting 2000 on your new computer, it sounds like you had an older
version of Office origianlly, then purchased the 2000 upgrade. To get Pub
2000 on your computer, you'll have to locate the disks for the original
version of Office. When it prompts you for finding the qualifying version,
point the browser to the CD drive with the old version of Office disk in it.
If that dowsn't work, try installing the old version of Office. Make sure
you know where your Product Key is before you get started. (Otherwise you'll
be back here asking us what to do when you don't have your old Product Key.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JAdams" <judy@suitescheduler.com> wrote in message
>I have a new computer with office xp professional, but
> the publisher application that came with xp does not have
> the same functionality of the office 2000 professional
> publisher that i created most of my publications with.  I
> can not get the "2000 upgrade" that I purchased to
> install on my new computer.  It says that there is not a
> valid product to update. Is there some way around this?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
9/9/2004 9:33:34 PM
The main thing missing in the v 2003 that I have is the
ability to set Form controls as required.  When creating
a request form it is quite important to ensure we get all
of their information.

0
judy4799 (1)
9/9/2004 9:44:24 PM
Wait - which version of Publisher are you asking about - 2002 or 2003?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jadams" <judy@suitesscheduler.com> wrote in message
> The main thing missing in the v 2003 that I have is the
> ability to set Form controls as required.  When creating
> a request form it is quite important to ensure we get all
> of their information.

---

jl_amerson (3088)
9/9/2004 10:19:11 PM
JoAnn, Though both you and Mary are probably correct to say that Pub 2002 is
superior to Pub 2000, there are at least three ways that I feel Pub 2000 is
better for me. I don't have to mess with activation, I don't have to
download clipart and lastly 2000 is superior for building websites, which is
apparently what the JAdams is doing when asking about Form controls. I guess
I am in the minority with Don and have found no compelling reason to
upgrade...and several reasons not to.

The second half of your advice is helpful, but you might also remind JAdams
to install everything in a separate folder.

DavidF

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Judy,
>
> I don't understand what you mean by "the publisher application that came
> with XP doesn't have the same functionality of the 2000". Actually Pub
2002
> is a better version. I can't think of anything that 2000 did that 2002
> doesn't.
>
> As for putting 2000 on your new computer, it sounds like you had an older
> version of Office origianlly, then purchased the 2000 upgrade. To get Pub
> 2000 on your computer, you'll have to locate the disks for the original
> version of Office. When it prompts you for finding the qualifying version,
> point the browser to the CD drive with the old version of Office disk in
it.
> If that dowsn't work, try installing the old version of Office. Make sure
> you know where your Product Key is before you get started. (Otherwise
you'll
> be back here asking us what to do when you don't have your old Product
Key.)

> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "JAdams" <judy@suitescheduler.com> wrote in message
> >I have a new computer with office xp professional, but
> > the publisher application that came with xp does not have
> > the same functionality of the office 2000 professional
> > publisher that i created most of my publications with.  I
> > can not get the "2000 upgrade" that I purchased to
> > install on my new computer.  It says that there is not a
> > valid product to update. Is there some way around this?
>

> ---

Nope8657 (939)
9/10/2004 2:23:17 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
DavidF <Nope@nospam.com>!"...
> JoAnn, Though both you and Mary are probably correct to say that Pub
> 2002 is superior to Pub 2000, there are at least three ways that I
> feel Pub 2000 is better for me. I don't have to mess with activation,
"Messing with activation" is the quickest and easiest thing I've ever done.
Connect to internet, click 2 buttons.  Done.  Takes a little longer on the
phone, but is far less complicated than:
 - Programming a VCR
 - Using a digital microwave
 - Installing Publisher 2000
 - Text messaging
 - Many other quite simple things.

> I don't have to download clipart
You don't have to download ClipArt in Publisher 2002.  Publisher 2002 comes
with the Media Content disc containing lots and lots of ClipArt.  As with
before, download is an option if you want something that's not there.
Publisher 2003 is another matter.

> and lastly 2000 is superior for
> building websites, which is apparently what the JAdams is doing when
> asking about Form controls.
I concede on this one, as I don't use Publisher for webdesign.
But you can keep Publisher 2000 and 2003 installed on the same system.

> I guess I am in the minority with Don and
> have found no compelling reason to upgrade...
I couldn't have thought of a really compelling reason to upgrade to
Publisher 2002 or 2003, but once I started using them they felt so much more
comfortable and intuitive to use than the previous versions - working with
me instead of against me.
(One thing that was a "HALLELUJAH!" (play chorus from Handel's Messiah here)
moment was when I discovered the new WordArt in Publisher 2002 - notably
absent from Publisher but present in Word and PowerPoint since 97)

> The second half of your advice is helpful, but you might also remind
> JAdams to install everything in a separate folder.
Office 2000, XP, and 2003 can technically all coexist in one folder, as they
all use different subfolders (\Microsoft Office\Office; \Microsoft
Office\OFFICE10; \Microsoft Office\Office11 respectively).  I've done it
with Office XP and Office 2003.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
9/10/2004 2:57:13 PM
Hi Ed Bennett (the_nerd@mvps.org),
in the newsgroups
you posted:
||| The second half of your advice is helpful, but you might also remind
||| JAdams to install everything in a separate folder.
|| Office 2000, XP, and 2003 can technically all coexist in one folder,
|| as they all use different subfolders (\Microsoft Office\Office;
|| \Microsoft Office\OFFICE10; \Microsoft Office\Office11
|| respectively).  I've done it with Office XP and Office 2003.

An not so obvious disadvantage (in some opinions) about Publisher 2003 is
the requirement for them to upgrade their OS from Windows 95/98/ME/NT4 when
they are completely comfortable with their OS. So a $99 Publisher upgrade
could become a $300 upgrade after getting a new OS.

But to Don and David, if you are not using the web features of Publisher,
Windows XP and Publisher 2003 upgrades are no brainers in my opinion. If you
are dead set on not upgrading your OS to obtain Publisher 2003, PagePlus 9
by Serif is a good alternative that has better web support, many different
features that Publisher doesn't offer (but still missing some key features
such as the catalog merge) and is supported on all those older OS's.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
9/10/2004 4:54:01 PM
Silly me - I use FrontPage for websites.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
(snip)

> But to Don and David, if you are not using the web features of Publisher,
> Windows XP and Publisher 2003 upgrades are no brainers in my opinion. If
> you are dead set on not upgrading your OS to obtain Publisher 2003,
> PagePlus 9 by Serif is a good alternative that has better web support,
> many different features that Publisher doesn't offer (but still missing
> some key features such as the catalog merge) and is supported on all those
> older OS's.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

---

jl_amerson (3088)
9/10/2004 6:17:36 PM
Ed, The main reason I replied to JoAnn was her comment that "I can't think
of anything that 2000 did that 2002 doesn't", and it appeared that Jadams
was using Publisher 2000 for his web site. There is a huge difference
between how 2000 handles web pages vs. 2002 and even 2003, and I felt that
Jadams should know that.

Sorry I 'activated' your button about product activation, but no matter how
simple it is, it is a difference between 2000 and 2002, and was directed to
JoAnn's comment.

As to the rest, thanks for your corrections. I guess I should have limited
my comments to the website building differences between 2000 and 2002.

DavidF

> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> DavidF <Nope@nospam.com>!"...
> > JoAnn, Though both you and Mary are probably correct to say that Pub
> > 2002 is superior to Pub 2000, there are at least three ways that I
> > feel Pub 2000 is better for me. I don't have to mess with activation,
> "Messing with activation" is the quickest and easiest thing I've ever
done.
> Connect to internet, click 2 buttons.  Done.  Takes a little longer on the
> phone, but is far less complicated than:
>  - Programming a VCR
>  - Using a digital microwave
>  - Installing Publisher 2000
>  - Text messaging
>  - Many other quite simple things.
>
> > I don't have to download clipart
> You don't have to download ClipArt in Publisher 2002.  Publisher 2002
comes
> with the Media Content disc containing lots and lots of ClipArt.  As with
> before, download is an option if you want something that's not there.
> Publisher 2003 is another matter.
>
> > and lastly 2000 is superior for
> > building websites, which is apparently what the JAdams is doing when
> > asking about Form controls.
> I concede on this one, as I don't use Publisher for webdesign.
> But you can keep Publisher 2000 and 2003 installed on the same system.
>
> > I guess I am in the minority with Don and
> > have found no compelling reason to upgrade...
> I couldn't have thought of a really compelling reason to upgrade to
> Publisher 2002 or 2003, but once I started using them they felt so much
more
> comfortable and intuitive to use than the previous versions - working with
> me instead of against me.
> (One thing that was a "HALLELUJAH!" (play chorus from Handel's Messiah
here)
> moment was when I discovered the new WordArt in Publisher 2002 - notably
> absent from Publisher but present in Word and PowerPoint since 97)
>
> > The second half of your advice is helpful, but you might also remind
> > JAdams to install everything in a separate folder.
> Office 2000, XP, and 2003 can technically all coexist in one folder, as
they
> all use different subfolders (\Microsoft Office\Office; \Microsoft
> Office\OFFICE10; \Microsoft Office\Office11 respectively).  I've done it
> with Office XP and Office 2003.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
Nope8657 (939)
9/11/2004 2:23:40 PM
Brian, Both Don and I do use Pub 2000 to build our websites, which in my
case was one of the reasons I did not upgrade to 2002. I also did not see
any of the added features of 2002 being of any real value to me and how I
use Publisher. Until recently I could not even consider 2003 as neither my
laptop or desktop could run XP. Now I have a new XP machine, but wouldn't
want to deal with the problems of having Pub 2000 on the laptop and a
different version on my desktop.

I would never want to try to argue that pub 2002 and 2003 aren't better than
2000, or that XP isn't a better OS. However, you can never have something
new without giving up something old, and there is always a cost as you point
out. For me to upgrade to Publisher 2003 I would not only have the expense
of the software, but also a new laptop with XP and probably the cost and
time to learn FrontPage or some other more suitable web publishing software
and rebuilding my site. Upgrading to XP has already cost the use of one of
my printers, and my scanner for lack of drivers. For me upgrading to Pub
2003 and gaining features and functionality that I don't need is clearly not
cost effective in terms of time or money.

As per PagePlus, it does seem that it has many advantages but once again
there would be the cost in time and money, and since Publisher 2000 already
does everything I need, I can't see myself switching. I have always looked
at the tradeoffs of upgrading or switching software. If the costs and
tradeoffs are worth the added functionality, then do it, but to upgrade just
to upgrade isn't worth it to me. I noticed you asking in the Works newsgroup
about the newest 'improved' version of Works that just came out . Are you
ready to 'upgrade' from version 4.5a to 8? Sometimes if it ain't broke, you
shouldn't fix it.

DavidF

"Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ed Bennett (the_nerd@mvps.org),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
> || Office 2000, XP, and 2003 can technically all coexist in one folder,
> || as they all use different subfolders (\Microsoft Office\Office;
> || \Microsoft Office\OFFICE10; \Microsoft Office\Office11
> || respectively).  I've done it with Office XP and Office 2003.
>
> An not so obvious disadvantage (in some opinions) about Publisher 2003 is
> the requirement for them to upgrade their OS from Windows 95/98/ME/NT4
when
> they are completely comfortable with their OS. So a $99 Publisher upgrade
> could become a $300 upgrade after getting a new OS.
>
> But to Don and David, if you are not using the web features of Publisher,
> Windows XP and Publisher 2003 upgrades are no brainers in my opinion. If
you
> are dead set on not upgrading your OS to obtain Publisher 2003, PagePlus 9
> by Serif is a good alternative that has better web support, many different
> features that Publisher doesn't offer (but still missing some key features
> such as the catalog merge) and is supported on all those older OS's.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
Nope8657 (939)
9/11/2004 3:21:22 PM
JoAnn,

I would never argue that FrontPage is not better for websites than
Publisher, but in some cases it isn't worth the expense or the learning
curve. If one only wants a simple website and already owns Publisher 2000
then Publisher could be the best choice. In my case I use Publisher 2000 in
my work to prepare a wide variety of marketing materials. When I decided to
build a website I considered FrontPage and other more specialized website
building software, but cost in terms of time and money were not worth it. It
has been far easier for me to pull elements from my print publications and
integrate them into my website using Publisher, than to buy, learn and use
FrontPage. Given the major changes in how Publisher 2002 and 2003 build
sites, I don't know that I would make the same decision today, but until I
reach the place where I cannot do what I need to do with Publisher 2000 why
change?

> Silly me - I use FrontPage for websites.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in
message
> (snip)
>

> > But to Don and David, if you are not using the web features of
Publisher,
> > Windows XP and Publisher 2003 upgrades are no brainers in my opinion. If
> > you are dead set on not upgrading your OS to obtain Publisher 2003,
> > PagePlus 9 by Serif is a good alternative that has better web support,
> > many different features that Publisher doesn't offer (but still missing
> > some key features such as the catalog merge) and is supported on all
those
> > older OS's.
> > --
> > Brian Kvalheim
> > Microsoft Publisher MVP
> > http://www.publishermvps.com
> > ~pay it forward~
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > confers no rights.
> >

> ---

Nope8657 (939)
9/11/2004 3:54:31 PM
Well stated David. I have a few customers at our UPS Store that are also
happy with and dead set on staying with Publisher 2000 as well. And since
their is no expiration, it should work just fine for the rest of your life
:-).

As for Works, I have EVERY version and plan on buying version 8.0. I have
version 4.5 and 7.0 installed now, and once I get version 8, I will dump 7.0
and keep both 8.0 and 4.5 on my machine.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> could become a $300 upgrade after getting a new OS.
>>
>> But to Don and David, if you are not using the web features of Publisher,
>> Windows XP and Publisher 2003 upgrades are no brainers in my opinion. If
> you
>> are dead set on not upgrading your OS to obtain Publisher 2003, PagePlus
>> 9
>> by Serif is a good alternative that has better web support, many
>> different
>> features that Publisher doesn't offer (but still missing some key
>> features
>> such as the catalog merge) and is supported on all those older OS's.
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>> ~pay it forward~
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and

0
bkvalheim (1291)
> You don't have to download ClipArt in Publisher 2002.  Publisher 2002
comes
> with the Media Content disc containing lots and lots of ClipArt.  As with

Is there any way to have the contents of the Media Content CD on the hard
drive so I don't have to mess around putting the CD in the drive each time?

Ian

0
me1 (409)
9/11/2004 5:25:07 PM
Yes,

If you put the Media Content CD in the hard drive, you will be prompted to
install the entire clipart contents to your hard drive.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"IC" <me@me.com> wrote in message

> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> You don't have to download ClipArt in Publisher 2002.  Publisher 2002
> comes
>> with the Media Content disc containing lots and lots of ClipArt.  As with
>
> Is there any way to have the contents of the Media Content CD on the hard
> drive so I don't have to mess around putting the CD in the drive each
> time?
>
> Ian

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Microsoft's new Money 2008 naming scheme
While reading this recent article, it occurred to me that the new "Plus" may refer to what Ray Ozzie terms "software plus services". Here is the link and an excerpt: Microsoft Describes Technology Behind Software Plus Services http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135159/article.html "This services transformation, from software to software plus services, is a very very big deal for our company," said Ray Ozzie, chief software architect for Microsoft, speaking during his company's annual financial analyst meeting. "It will be a critical aspect of all o...

New Installation & Update
I just purchased a new iMac I also purchased another copy of office. After office installed, the auto updater loaded the 11.3.9 Then later the auto updater wanted to install 11.3.8. -At this point I did not do this update, but read the update info pages. Each update states that the previous update needs to be installed FIRST, clear back to 11.3.5 So, since the auto updater installed the 11.3.9 version, do I need to actually install the other regressive updates? or was that update all-inclusive. or do I need to uninstall office and reinstall, then manually install the updates because the aut...

"Connect to Computer" Screen Resolution
SBS 2008 When a user selects to "Connect to a computer" via the RWW login is there a way for that user to specify what screen resolution they want to view like you can get with the Remote Desktop Connection? I have someone who is running a remote computer at a much higher resolution (1900x?) and when he connects to his desktop in the office what he gets is his desktop but it is so small on his screen that it's not functional. Thanks! -Richard K ...

Access/Outlook 2000 email question
Here is my script: Dim email As String email = Me.emailADDRESS Dim contactID As String Dim cnn As ADODB.Connection Dim rst1 As New ADODB.Recordset Set cnn = CurrentProject.Connection rst1.Open "member_QRY", cnn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic Do Until rst1.EOF contactID = rst1![contactID] rst1.MoveNext Loop rst1.Close Dim body As String body = "Dear " & Me.firstNAME & "," body = body & vbCr & vbLf & vbCr & vbLf & "ILTA has received your membership dues payment. Ple...

How do I use Publisher 98 to write a book?
I have written a short book, in Word 97, (150 pages), and would like to use Publisher 98 to insert pictures and fromat it printing. Can anyone help? Setup Publisher as a booklet, (special fold) arrange your margins, create a text box, copy the text from Word, paste into the text box, Publisher will ask about the overflow, click yes, Publisher will create pages and text boxes as needed. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "windpsalm" <windpsalm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14D47200-A6...

install
can someone point out a white paper/links for installation of CRM 3.0 My company has 23 employees looking to load up all our sales reps with CRM on their outlook. TIA cheeck out the impl guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en "Vai2000" wrote: > can someone point out a white paper/links for installation of CRM 3.0 My > company has 23 employees looking to load up all our sales reps with CRM on > their outlook. > > TIA > > > I have to say, I'm currently in process wi...

Clustered Exchange 2000 Environment
Has anyone tried to install the MS CRM Exchange Email Router in a clustered Exchange 2000 Environment? It is not supported in MS CRM ver 1.0 (see TechKnowledge doc ID 29818), and today Microsoft told me this feature will not be included in MS CRM ver 1.2, but the MBS support engineers say it may or may not work (hasn't been tested). Has anyone tried and received successful results routing CRM email messages in Exchange clustering? \Tim Becker ...

Every new word doc saved, the icon is not correct

Activex control
I have an Activex control which exposes multiple interfaces for example, ISample1 – CSample1 (Coclass) ISample2 – CSample2 (Coclass) I need to add new methods/properties (a new version). Since ISample1 and ISample2 cannot be modified, I’ll have two new interfaces, ISample1Ext ISample2Ext These will be a replication of ISample1 and ISample2, but with new methods/properties added. The old interfaces will be marked deprecated and may be removed in future. The question is, 1. Do I have to copy all the implementation from CSample1 and CSample2 to CSample1Ext and CSample2Ext? 2. If thi...

ol 2000 customised contact forms used on with ME server
please, please would some plain-speaking non-technical person help me with my probs? i have absolutely no development knowledge and am scared to play too much, however I have designed my own very specialised Contact Form which is published in the organisational library and is the default form for a Contact sub-folder called 1:1. 1. I would dearlylike to know a way for files/items to be inserted in to any field other than Notes. 2. When inserting the text only of an email into Notes, can I change the date to exclude the time?... and to be always inserted in a specific font, size and colour (...

Error opening e-mail history items after upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0
Hi! I get the following error when opening e-mails on a customers history after upgrade to version 4.0. I have found similar errors in version 3.0, but no fix for 4.0. Anyone know what to do? vent code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 24.04.2008 12:48:24 Event time (UTC): 24.04.2008 10:48:24 Event ID: 5cc053bde0514d0cbadbb45bf5c3dd7b Event sequence: 32607 Event occurrence: 10 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/5/ROOT-1-128534487130402833 Trust level: Full Application Virtual Path: / ...

Deleted messages
Hello, I just installed the Microsoft explorer 6. Running the default installation, it installed automatically Outlook Express 6 and deleted or desactivated Outlook 97. Consecuently, I lost the local outgoing, incoming, etc messages I had for Outlook 97. How do I recover or import those messages to the corresponding folders in Outlook Express 6? Where those folders/messages went? My computer runs Windows 98 as operative system. Thank you, Luis Mira ...

Exchange 5.5 in a Windows 2000 Environment
Is it possible to run an Exchange 5.5 server as the only Exchange server in a Windows 2000 environment? On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:21:48 -0600, Randy Dalton <RPDalton@bibb.com> wrote: >Is it possible to run an Exchange 5.5 server as the only Exchange server >in a Windows 2000 environment? Absolutley, even though you have AD, you don't need to run an AD aware messaging platform. You can stick with 5.5 and choose whether or not to deploy the ADC to enable single point administration or alternatively just carry on with a separate directory as is the case in 5.5/NT4 environments. ...

Launching a Form to Another Form to Create a New Record
I use MS Access 2000. I want to link 2 forms: Customer Info Form to Customer Work Order Form, The Customer Work Order form has 1 Main Form and 2 sub-forms within it. I want to create a command button from the Customer Info Form that will launch the Customer Work Order Form and populate the main part of this form with some identifying data such as ID, First Name, Last Name, etc. from the Customer Info Form. This data will not be editable here. The remaining 2 sub-forms will be available for data entry and / or editing. Below is my Command button code: Private Sub Create...

Installing Office2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I purchased the Office 2008 package - it seems the only way to install is via the CD. I just bought the iMac which doesn't come with a CD drive. Is there anyway to download the software or will I need to purchase an external drive? Ok - I feel really dumb! I found what I needed to install the software. No need to respond. HELP!!! I have just got Office:mac 2008 and have received a message on screen after double clicking saying "There is no default application to specified to open the document "Office Inst...

Open my publisher files in same window
I've just upgraged to Publisher 2003. Once I'm done with a project and want to open the next publisher file I need I'd like to have it open in the same window. Is there a way to make that happen instead of Publisher opening up a new window every time? Thanks, in advance! When you are finished with your project, file, close. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "RLP" <RLP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C2DDA...

MDW Security and new Access instance
Using a command button on a form, I want to open a new instance of Access and then open a secured DB. I used code from The Access Web (http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0036.htm) and am having trouble personalizing it. When I click on the command button, I get a run-time error 4265. Following is my code: Private Sub lblECSMgmtDB_Click() Dim strDB As String Dim strCmd As String Dim objSecuredDB As Access.Application strDB = "[\\Helialabama\engsys$\DataBases\ECS MNGT1.0.mdb]" strCmd = SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessDir) & "[C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Of...

word, excel, etc on XP try to install with each use
I work for a small non-profit with a bunch of hand me down computers. When I open Word, the system 'installs' it every time. It's a pain, but I can deal. Today is the first time I've tried to use Excel, it goes through the same process but dosen't open and gives Error 1706. I don't have the install disks, but I do have the product number. Help!!! ...

Difference in the listing of the New module addition in 2002 version
Hi, I have Excel 2002 at home and also at work. At home when I add a new module (using Insert module) Then it gets listed under "VBAProject (Book1)" and it is in the same tree node as "Sheet1 (Sheet1)", "Sheet2 (Sheet2)" , "Sheet3 (Sheet3)" "This Workbook". There is no separate "Microsoft Excel objects" folder. While at Work when I insert a new Module it gets added under a folder called Module which is basically part of the tree node "VBAProject (Book1)". Also at work I have a separate "Microsoft Excel objects"...

New office questions
Hi! I am considering upgrading to the new version of office from office X, and have a few questions.... 1. I currently have the student version of office X. Can I use this to get the upgrade price on the professional version? (I want virtPC) 2. My work uses office 2003, and for some reason whenever I work with tables in Word at home it does not translate well back to the PC environment..formatting spacing etc. Is this still an issue? Thanks for the advice MIKE T In article <BE0A2B44.3A76B%thom9969@hotmail.com>, Michael Thomas <thom9969@hotmail.com> wrote: > 1. I c...

new 2005 money install only freezes
I tried getting help by phone, but since I was frozen I couldn't give the serial number. Now I can because it will work with sample file only. I went from 2004 to 2005 but within 5 seconds it always freezes. It sounds like Microsoft does not really want to support this product??? Why?? This is the small business edition and I thought they would support their products. In microsoft.public.money, Shawn wrote: >I tried getting help by phone, but since I was frozen I couldn't give the >serial number. Now I can because it will work with sample file only. I went >from 2004 ...

Installing eConnect and logging in
I am trying to get eConnect 8.0 installed on my computer. I have MS/ GP 8.0 installed and running fine with the sample company. When I try to install eConnect, I had issues with the connection string. I have SQL Server, GP all on one box. There is no Domain setup for our local network. I finally got the connection string to be accepted when I used the localhost IP (127.0.0.1) for the data source. (Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=DYNAMICS;Data Source=127.0.0.1). Now I get to a dialog that is asking for the Domain\Login and password ...

Word does not recognize certain fonts that I installed.
I downloaded several Helvetica fonts (e.g., bold, light, Italic, etc.) and stored them under C: Windows, Fonts. The drop-down list in Word only shows the "standard" Helvetica font and not the others. These fonts were transferred from my Apple computer and show up in the directory as True Type fonts, like all my others. Any ideas? Thank you. Word uses the variants when you apply bold or italic formatting; bold, italic, and bold italic variants are never shown in the font list. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA ...

New utf8string design may make UTF-8 the superior encoding
Since the reason for using other encodings than UTF-8 is speed and ease of use, a string that is as fast and easy to use (as the strings of other encodings) that often takes less space would be superior to alternative strings. I have derived a design for a utf8string that implements the most useful subset of std::string. I match the std::string interface to keep the learning curve to an absolute minimum. I just figured out a way to make most of utf8string operations take about the same amount of time and space as std::string operations. All of the other utf8string operat...

SQL Server migration from 2000 to 2008
I have a project to migrate sql server 2000(in old server) to sql server 2008 (in new server) I have a rough try and found User Databases can be restored to sql server 2008. I also found some articles about moving Logins account. But we also have many DTS, scheduled jobs and System Databases. How can i migrate these components too? As SSIS is a totally new thing and i hope ideally i won't need to convert all DTS. Thanks all experts. thomas You have to save DTSs as structure file (for example) and the open them on SQL Server 2008 under Legacy folder Please visit ...