turn off mirror

Hi - I'm trying to create a duplex business card but any
changes made to the text are being 'mirrored' or repeated
on the 1st page. Both sides need to have different info on
them. Does anyone know how to stop Pub. from mirroring ?
..

thanks

Interesting!!!

What version of Publisher are you using?

donotknock (1941)
10/8/2003 12:54:11 AM

Yeah, read/search the HELP file and it will tell you how to turn off the
Synchronising in Publisher 2000.

That feature was only in Publisher 2000

donotknock (1941)
10/8/2003 2:28:59 AM

Hi - to stop the text being mirrored you have to go
arrange on the tool bar then layout guides you take of the
tick from the mirrored guides box.

I don't know if this will work but you can try it.

Donna x

Autoreconcile won't turn off
When I download transactions they are automatically reconciling, which I do not want. I have gone into tools many times to change the configuration, but even though the autoreconcile feature is NOT checked, it does it anyway. How can I stop it? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Dennis wrote: >When I download transactions they are automatically >reconciling, which I do not want. I have gone into tools >many times to change the configuration, but even though >the autoreconcile feature is NOT checked, it does it >anyway. > >How can I stop it? Try adding a fake ...

Can I turn off the date picker?
I am using Access 2007 to edit a table in a SQL 2000 database that resides on our remote web host. It's quite a large table, with about 3,250 records, some of which have VERY substantial memo fields. In Access 2003 and earlier versions, I never had problems, but Access 2007 hangs whenever I try to edit the date field in any record, and the only thing I can put my finger on as a possible problem is the new built-in date picker. I can navigate and edit ANY other field, but not the date field. Since I can't edit the design of this table because it's remotely hosted, is there some ...

i enter value in one column the next column existing value turn 0
I am working same work sheet with two columns one is Anticipated Variation cost and the other approved variation with corresponding total. when i enter cost in approved variation the corresponding row in anticipated variation column should auotmaticlly become zero.cna you help me out with the formula to use =IF(A1<>"",0,"") -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F5A64A0-224E-4C75-84A9-BC7DCABD52F7@microsoft.com... >I am working same work sheet with two columns o...

want to turn 10 into 30.000 in 3 weeks ?
Okay, before you ignore this message and move on to the next let me tell you that this is NOT A SCAM. This is a tried and true easy to do home based system that practically anybody can use to start making money immediately. With only $10 you can start making money in as little as 2-3 days. All of the information can be found at: www.freewebs.com/jeffmarling Take a look at what I'm offering. It's so simple it should be illegal! BUT IT'S NOT! This type of system has been in place for decades however my program offers you a much faster and easier way than past programs requiring yo...

automatice e-mail responses , can't turn em off
I have 2 automatic responses to email that I can not turn off in entourage. Please help. I am back at my computer and no loonger in Hawaii. How do I turn off the auto responses and stop alienating people. I am helpless untill I get some one to help as I am a non computer person and need very careful direction on how to disable this . thanks Carrie Entourage doesn't include an auto-reply feature. If you set one up, go to Tools -> Rules, and delete whatever rule you have with an action to "Reply." If you can't find any such rule, then the auto-reply is probably configur...

mouse exit window
I have a window (a CView) in which I want to display a tooltip (for x,y etc) when the mouse pointer is within the client area. I have created it in OnInitialUpdate void CTP3ProfileView::OnInitialUpdate() { /* Create a tooltip window for general use */ unsigned int uid = 0; _tcscpy(m_tooltiptext,_T("")); m_tooltips = CreateWindowEx(WS_EX_TOPMOST, TOOLTIPS_CLASS, NULL, TTS_NOPREFIX | TTS_ALWAYSTIP, CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, this->GetSafeHwnd(), NULL, NULL, NULL); // INITIALIZE ...

How do I turn off the clipboard warning when a file is closed?
I do a lot of csv transfer to excel and every time I close a file it warns me that the clipboard has Items on it. How do I stop this warning? I do up to 300 files at a time so I just want the data to dump when the file closes. If you're closing via code, you could use: application.cutcopymode = false If you're doing it manually, try hitting the escape key (or just copy a single cell). UNIChuck wrote: > > I do a lot of csv transfer to excel and every time I close a file it warns me > that the clipboard has Items on it. How do I stop this warning? I do up to > 30...

GETPIVOTDATA
Is there a way to turn off the "GETPIVOTDATA" function? I want to create my own formulas outside of a pivot table and copy this formula down. I do not want to modify this automatic formula that pops up. Thanks There's a button on the Pivot table Toolbar to toggle this feature on/off. You may have to add the button from the list available. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg fo...

16th digit turns to zero
Need to record sixteen digit numbers in a spread sheet but the 16th digit automatically turns to zero when I press enter. 15 digits or less not affected. Am using Excel 2000 Windows 98, numbers general format. These numbers are credit cards and this problem has wreaked havoc until I discovered it. Thought it was program bug till I discovered Microsoft Works does the same thing. Need help!! Hi Bill 15 digits is the maximum Excel can process as numbers. You may change the format to 'Text' prior to entering them (I don't assume you want to do calculations with your credit numbers) or...

windows defender turning off??
my defender some how turning off..when i restart my pc i have to turn defender back on again ...plz help Ragman wrote: > my defender some how turning off..when i restart my pc i have to turn defender > back on again ...plz help You should post to a Windows O/S forum. This is a .NET programmer's forum. ...

IF function turning text to number
Hello, I'm trying to do something in an Excel worksheet and I'm not entirely sure if it's possible and if it is, am pulling my hair out as to how to do it! I'm basically working on a credit card cover sheet and want to show the NET and VAT of the total amount input on a row (so I'll be doing a SUM across five columns) whenever someone puts 'Yes' in a 'VAT receipt?' column. When they leave blank or put 'No' I don't want the formula to apply. I've spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure this out and was wondering ...

Outlook opens when I turn on my wireless antenna switch.
I only started having this problem when I installed Outlook 2003. When I flip the switch on my laptop to turn the antenna on for the wireless card, Outlook 2003 opens. I just reloaded my entire laptop for other reasons and as soon as I loaded Outlook 2003, it started doing it again. Any ideas as to what is causing this? The laptop is a Toshiba P25-s509 Thanx, Dave. ...

Turning Off Cell Border Double-Click
When I double-click to select or edit the contents of a cell, the worksheet jumps to either the top or bottom of the worksheet (cell border double-clicked). How do I turn this "feature" off? That's a HANDY feature if you use it right. That feature will take you to the last cell of a continuous range (same as CTRL-rt arrow or CTRL-dn arrow). It's not invoked unless you double click on the border of the cell so, if you disable, my guess is that NOTHING would happen since you didn't click IN the cell. Best way to avoid the result you don't like is to ensure ...

All my Emails turned into Junk Mail but not on Junk Mail List. Is this a virus?
How do I remove a name from the Junk List if the name is not shown in the junk list but is noted as junk email in the field chooser Junk Mail column of inbound messages? Went to junk sender list and cant find the names, but these names automatically go to Delete folder, although I never placed them there. When i make a new rule, they still have the Junk Mail label attached. Very bizarre. Can anyone help????? ...

Envelope printing in Publisher should mirror Word
The printing routine in Publisher should work the same way it does in Word. I never have any trouble printing an envelope in Word. But almost never can get the envelope to print correctly in Publisher. WC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mi...

How do I turn this message off?
I had to reinstall outlook (Office 2003), and now when I open a message, at the top in the header area, I get a security status message in a shaded background (for example "You are now viewing this message in the Internet Zone"). It wasn't there before, how do I turn this off? Thanks. ...

In Publisher, can you turn off collating?
We have switched printing machine from Copystar to Konica. Person using mail merge in Publisher now gets full job stapled instead of each set. Machine rep wants to know if there is a way to de-select collating within Publisher. See here: Publications are not individually collated and stapled when you use the mail merge feature to print in Publisher 2003, Publisher 2002 or in Publisher 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891904/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "the bookkeeper" <the bookkeeper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:838117EE-0146-45...

SQL 2005 Database Mirroring
Does anyone know if Database Mirroring is supported on GP 9.0? -- Regards, Andrew L. Ferraro That's a REALLY good question - seing as Microsoft won't even support it and doesn't recommend it. It sure is cool, though. Can't wait to see the MVP response! "Andrew Ferraro" wrote: > Does anyone know if Database Mirroring is supported on GP 9.0? > -- > Regards, > > Andrew L. Ferraro ...

Turning off Ctrl-Return in Outlook 2003.
I've recently managed to send quite a few messages in Outlook 2003 (final) by hitting control-retuen while composing a message. I can't find a way to turn this off, and it's driving me nuts. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! David ...

How to "turn off" automatic sending (create "send only" accts)
I've been using Outlook Express for quite awhile & thought it would make sense to switch to Outlook (2002). I've got one problem: I send messages from about 8 different e-mail accounts. However, I only want to receive messages on 5 of those 8 (as the other 3 are actually set up to forward to me, rather than receive directly). For each account in Outlook Express, there's a setting "Include this account when receiving or synchronizing". I'd like to find a way to essentially turn this off for those 3 accounts, but haven't yet found a way to do it. ...

Cell Colors
Tom, How would I check to see if it was turned off? And if so, how would I turn it on? Thanks Bill Bill, The article says 1.. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options. 2.. Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast check box. 3.. Click OK to close the Accessibility Options dialog box. so I guess you can check by going to that Display tab and see if the Use High Contrast checkbox is set. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &q...

Screensaver will not turn off
I have a coworker who is using the 3Dpipe screensaver on Windows XP Pro and when he came back from lunch the screensaver would not turn off. Tried moving the mouse, pushing buttons on the keyboard, CTRL+ALT+DEL, even tried getting a cd to autorun nothing worked. He fixed it by unplugging the computer. Is this something that can/needs to be fixed? Timbo, the 3D aspect of the Screensaver may be too much for the system graphics. Usually, office computers are very basic when it comes to graphics unless you are in publishing or engineering. "Timbo" <Timbo@dis...

Turn Off Enter/Match Invoices
I have a client that does not do the enter/match invoices process. They are having trouble moving the purchase orders to history since the purchase orders only change to closed when they are invoiced. How can the purchase orders be closed automatically (without going to edit purchase orders and changing the status) ? Is there a setup to turn off the enter/match invoices process? Try to make the reciving shipment with invoice "Jocelyn" wrote: > I have a client that does not do the enter/match invoices process. They are > having trouble moving the purchase orders t...

Is thers a way to turn off the right view of OWA?
Hi all, Is there a way to turn off the right view globally for exchange 2003 OWA instaed of changing it on each one's OWA profile? Thnaks in advance. You mean the reading pane? I don't know that there is, although since the folders do seem to remember the reading pane configuration, it seems like it must be stored somewhere. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AB485C3-A5C3-4673-958D-4C6D275CD856@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Is there a way to turn off the right view globally for exchange 2003 OWA > instaed of changing i...

outlook synchronization turned off??
hello, I have a customer who send me screen capture of options/synchronization tab, which tells that Synchronized the CRM items in my Outlook folders every... has been turned off? What does that mean? Selection (check box) is disabled altogether, so she cannot check synchronization on. Any help on this... On Feb 5, 7:07=A0pm, Mikko <Mi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hello, I have a customer who send me screen capture of > options/synchronization tab, which tells that Synchronized the CRM items = in > my Outlook folders every... has been turned off? What does that m...