Turn auto hyphenation off permanently in publisher?

I would like to turn the automatic hyphenation off in publisher.  I have to
do it manually for every text box.
0
brogers (1)

Tools, Options, Edit tab, clear Hyphenation...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"brogers" <brogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to turn the automatic hyphenation off in publisher.  I have to
> do it manually for every text box.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

adding multiple pages for a publisher e-newsletter/e-announcement
Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and so far they have all been a single page. Now, I need more room and was wondering if all I have to do is insert a page. Will all pages show up in an email of the publication or just the first page? (The computer i'm on right now won't allow me to send a publication as an email message, so I can't really check). Does anybody know how sending a multiple page publication as an email message work? lanosh wrote: > Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and > so fa...

Windows Vista Updated, Can't turn on Computer
I run Windows Vista Ultimate on my desktop Inspiron 530S, if this is helpful. My computer rebooted this morning to install updates and turned on, but was slow so i restarted. Later I turned it off and now when I turn it back on it goes to Configuring Updates 3/3 0% even though it just updated.... after a few moments it will go to the shutting down screen, shut itself down then turn itself back on and repeat the whole thing, configuring updates 3/3, shutting down, etc etc etc. Hello Annie, Give this one a whirl: <http://www.anguas.com/?p=47> -=- <http://supp...

Auto Archive into a Public Folder
Can Outlook 2007 be configured so that auto archiving is done into a folder within the Public Folder system? No. Autoarchive uses pst files only. I think Auto-mate (http://www.pergenex.com/auto-mate/index.shtml) would be able to move to a public folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT....

Publisher 2003 file
I created a tri-fold brochure. Now, I want to send it so that can be edited by others for their own use. How can I do this? Do they have Publisher? If so, just attach the file to an email. If they don't, they can't edit it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "djh" <djh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D4244C-36BA-49DE-9255-B0E6455E7C23@microsoft.com... >I created a tri-fold brochure. Now, I want to send it so that can be edited > by others for their o...

Publisher cannot complete the operation #2
I have Publisher 2000 installed on my computer and recently I downloaded version 2007 to try. Now when I open up Publisher 2000 and try to open templates for the project/s that I am interested in doing the template that I pick downloads half way and then a message pops up telling me that "Publisher cannot complete the operation". Can someone please tell me what I should do to fix the problem? From where are you trying to download the template? Is it a program template or do you go online? Is 2007 still on your computer? Can you accept the ActiveX control? Downloading clips, ...

Open Quark files in Publisher??
Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in Publisher? Hi MarkG (markg@jflv.org), in the newsgroups you posted: || Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in || Publisher? Nope. You would have to: 1. Attempt to use a copy/paste or drag/drop 2. Export the Quark pages as images supported by Publisher and insert them as images. 3. Export the Quark publication as a Word/RTF/Text item (less the images) and import the text only into Publisher 4. Export the Quark publication as a PDF, the go to ScanSoft.com and get the PDF software for Word/Publisher that allows you to import PDF...

Out of Office Assistant Auto Reply not working
The out of office assistant does not send a note to anyone outside of my network. Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server. Auto Reply is sent to anyone that is local on my network but does not send outside. Any suggestions? Automatic replies to the internet are disabled by default in Exchange 5.5 and later. Check wth your Exchange administrator to see if he/she is willing to change this. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a6f01c3d3b4$300761b...

Auto-Fill Templates

Count Rows When Using Auto-Filter
Using the auto-filter function I need to count the number of rows returned each time I select a new value. I can do a COUNTA (&#8211;1 to allow for the header row), on the column that counts all the rows but when I use the filter I still get the total count not a count of the reduced quantity by the filter. Can anyone help? Nick use the subtotal function with a first argument of 3 =subtotal(3,A2:A300) as an example. Make sure the column you do the counta on will have values in all rows. -- regards, Tom Ogilvy "Nick" <ner@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:15...

auto subtract order taken from supply table
I am new to access and I really need some help. I have two tables, order table and supply table. Each table has an order form and a supply form respectively. This database is use to collect supply items and the order form is to record who collects the items from supply. Everything runs fine expect that when an item is removed from the order table it does not auto subtract from the quantity field of the supply table. The supply table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity. Whereas, the Order table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity Out. I will like to have an update query t...

auto updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? "zazen@officeformac.com" wrote: > I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has > disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - > nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? You were seeing the old Office 2...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

AUTO DATE RECOGNITION
HOW CAN I STOP PART NUMBERS WHICH HAVE DASHES IN THEM BEING CONVERTED INTO DATES WHEN I DO A DATA IMPORT INTO EXCEL? Yell real LOUD. That does it for me. Seriously, please don't use all caps for subject or body of msg. It is considered shouting and rude. Try pre-formatting your destination range to text. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "TONY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD32B08C-CD73-4585-B706-6F29B17894D0@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I STOP PART NUMBERS WHICH HAVE DASHES IN THEM BEING CONVERTED INTO DATES WHEN I DO A ...

Works Publisher 2000 to Office Publisher 2003
My old computer had the P2000, I now have the 2003. The P2003 is not recognizing my 2000 files. How do I correct this. Ditto for Works "generic" database to Office Access 2003 You mention Works which makes me wonder if you are thinking that Home Publishing is the same thing as Publisher. It isn't. Could this be the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tutu" <Tutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4BA0555-0DB4-42F2-B8C2-F0F08F29999A@microsoft.com... > My old computer had the P2000, I now have the 2003. The P2003 is no...

Publish to a website
I need to autopublish my Excel workbooks when I save the workbook. However, the publish features will only save my workbook in a small window on the web page (maybe 800 by 600). I want the workbook to fill the whole screen in the web page similar to a normal looking Excel workbook. I'm using 1024*768 monitor. I have set the screen size to 1024 and 96pt in the Excel, tools, web options. If I save the workbook as a web page the web page looks as needed. However, if I use the publish button to enable autopublish it again defaults back to the small size. Couldn't find any he...

Commerical printing with Publisher 2003
I am doing the layout for an instructional manual that will (we estimate) have 130 pages. This manual will be going for printing and binding to a commercial print house. I recently spoke to a professional design and layout artist, who expressed a concern that Publisher 2003 may not be suitable for this task. They recommended InDesign, as to send my document to the commercial printer I must also do a printer spread (or imposition file) in order for the printer to be able to print, crop, fold and bind the document. I was also told that graphics must be CYMK in opposed to RGB (I do see tha...

How do I print gridlines for a table in publisher 2003
I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I cannot find a way to accomplish this. Please advise. Select & highlight the table, click lines, more lines, select the grid option, you can also change the line weight and color in this menu. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C3055F3-3D53-4AB6-8992-25DAB43BF671@microsoft.com... >I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I...

Can't uninstall or install Publisher
I have a problem with Microsoft Office XP. I can install office xp, but I can not install or uninstall Publisher 2002. I am running XP SP2. I tried to uninstall Publisher through Add/Remove Programs it would not uninstall. I tried to repair Publisher with Detect and Repair still it would not remove. \ This is the message that comes up when I try to uninstall or Repair Publisher 2002. "The installation Source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. Have a look at the following articles: (325084) "Error 1612. The installa...

Attn Publisher Users: Setting your Text Defaults!
Ok, wanna know how to save your text defaults for all future publications for Publisher 2002/2003. We have just discovered that you do NOT need the add-in that we developed. This feature has been there all along, since Publisher 2002 as a matter of fact. The Normal.pub feature (like the normal.dot feature in Microsoft Word) is actually present in these last two versions. Yes, it has been there all along! Thanks to Alex at Microsoft, as he was kind enough to point out after all these years that it truly does exist. I have created a tutorial, which is very simple: http://www.publishermvp...

Can I create "script with a tail" with Publisher
I am trying to create a baseball logo using "script with a tail". You can see examples of this with the Los Angles Dodgers or Baltimore Orioles logos. Can I accomplish this with MS Publisher? If I were doing a project like that, I'd use a graphics program such as Photoshop Elements. (Yes, I'm biased because I own that program and really like its capabilities.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Art Taylor" <Art Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30A889CF-EE61-4A52-8B23-88AAD379CDAB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to cre...

Can't use new banks previously not in 2004 for auto downloads #2
I use National City and they are now listed in the banks for online services. I try to setup online services for my account and when I select them out of the list it starts downloading something but ultimately says account setup or online setup is unavailable and to try again later. Is this the Yodlee problem people keep speaking about? Yeah, I think it is. I have their credit card services and am having the same problem. It did download initially but there were some problems with it so I think they have completely shut it down for now. "ashwilliams" wrote: > I use Na...

Publisher 2007's PDF converter removes transparency from pictures.
Hello, I really would appreciate any help in the following issue. I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files. Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the transparency?? Thanks! I'm not seeing this. When you move the image over another obje...

Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher Yes. Ctrl+T. You cannot make the text partially transparent. The text box can only be semitransparent in Publisher 2002 or 2003, and this does not always print correctly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks Ed, I tried that & it not quite what Im after. In microsoft word you can make the fill of a text box semi transparent. This is good for instance if you hav...

Turning off Outlook synching
I'd like to effectively turn off *all* Outlook synching - contacts, appointments, tasks, etc. We want all the Outlook records to remain private and not promoted to CRM 4.0. Does anyone which settings accomplish this? Thanks. David - You said you want outlook records to remain private, however do you want visibility in outlook to CRM contacts? -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "DavidR" wrote: > I'd like to effectively turn off *all* Outlook synching - contacts, > appointments, tasks, etc. We want all the Outlook records to remain > private and not promoted to CRM...

Trouble Publishing FrontPage
I get this error message first: "Ran out of memory while trying to allocate 0bytes" When I click OK I get this message: "An unexpected exception occurred" Then it shuts down. I have not used FrontPage in a while but no setting changes that I know about What is going on. Thanks for your help. Mike You will be better off reinstalling FP2003, or at least repair it. It looks like the installation files are corrupted. You may also like to know that Microsoft has a new product that replaced FP2003 and it is FREE. The product is called SharePoi...