Trouble opening publisher docs from CD

I burned a CD containing publisher documents (all were
changed from read only)for a associate to use.  However,
when the associate put in the CD,  he could open the
documents,  but could NOT make any changes or additions. A
box comes up stating something about "hidden"  atributes
or something like that.  He also copied the entire folder
into his computer and still couldn't make any changes or
additions to the individual documents.  What are we doing
wrong.  I appreciate any help to resolve this problem and
thank anyone who may have the answer.

Once those publications are on a CD they become read only. Publisher does not like
removable media. Once they are on the hard drive select all the files, right-click,
properties, clear read only.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"June" <JDavi76105@aol.com> wrote in message
>I burned a CD containing publisher documents (all were
> changed from read only)for a associate to use.  However,
> when the associate put in the CD,  he could open the
> documents,  but could NOT make any changes or additions. A
> box comes up stating something about "hidden"  atributes
> or something like that.  He also copied the entire folder
> into his computer and still couldn't make any changes or
> additions to the individual documents.  What are we doing
> wrong.  I appreciate any help to resolve this problem and
> thank anyone who may have the answer.

0
gsauer (5093)

Trouble with CMap
OK, I have a CMap declared as such CMap<int, int, CString*, CString*> m_myMap; when I try to use the SetAt function for the map CString* pStr = NULL; pStr = new CString("BMW"); m_myMap.SetAt(1,pStr); My application gets Assertion failed message ... Now I've been trying all day just to get this damn CMap to work, I haved used before the STL, and never had such problem before. IIRC the STL can't be used for Embedded dev ... so using the stl::map is out of the question .... Help this dev guy stop swearing thx ... CheGueVerra Put this in stdAfx.h if you haven...

Emailing from Publisher #3
A friend has OFFICE 2003. Outlook and Publisher are both 2003. BEFORE I cleaned up temp files, she was able to "Send Page As Message" in Publisher. Now, she gets "Publisher cannot mail your publication because part of the mail system is missing..." All I did was delete temp files ("C:\documents and settings\[username]\local settings\temp" and "C:\windows\temp"), and run "ccleaner". I've put off the "reinstall your mail program" suggestion from the error message as I don't know if she can find the install CD... Is there any ...

Money 2006 won't open
Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade. It screwed up everything so much that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK. But now MS-Money won't open. The msmoney.exe file is running because I can see it in Task Manager. Even when I end the process in Task Manager, the program still won't open on the desktop. Rebooting doesn't solve anything. Any ideas? Windows XP, SP3 Have you tried: 1) Opening the Money Sample data file? (This will isolate problems with your data file from problems with the application itself.) 2) Reinstalling Money? "snavegerg...

How do I send newslette in email without showing the publisher too
When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, it takes you to the publisher program page where I built it. How can I send a "finished" newsletter out? As a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lifefire" <Lifefire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E8B0FB-B033-4393-8F27-DFAAA6DD37A5@microsoft.com... > When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, > it > takes you to the publisher program page w...

double opening files
When I try to open an Excel file, MS Excel seems to open the document twice, thereby creating an error the second time it opens and will only open a read-only document saying someone else has it open. Is this is BUG and is there a PATCH I can download? This is with MS Excel 97 on an NT platform thanks Elaine ;) I got a similar problem using Excel 97 on an Windows XP machine, which was soved by uninstalling then reinstaling Excel 97. hth AndyO "elaine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0c01c3b03f$cdbd2860$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try ...

Media players opens and keeps trying to refresh about 5 times a mi
I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying to check for updates or web items. Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have an answer. Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11 any help guys? in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times Try disabling (unchecking) all active WMP plug-ins in WMP's Options. If you download and run Process Explorer - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb8...

error opening ppt file
I have office 2007 installed but when i try to open a ppt file created by some one it says powerpoint can't read the outline . No text converter is installed for this file type. karan In article <a888f8cd-1391-4124-80c0- 631197290d7a@y28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, Guddu wrote: > I have office 2007 installed but when i try to open a ppt file created > by some one it says powerpoint can't read the outline . No text > converter is installed for this file type. Have a look here: "PowerPoint can't open the type of file represented by [FILENAME]"...

In what order do installed AddIns open?
I had no joy with my other post 'Trying to read CustomDocumentProperties of an open 2007 AddIn Options ' so I'm trying another tack... To work around a problem I'm having, since upgrading a complex tool to Excel 2007, I need to ensure that my Version Checker AddIn always opens before my Engine AddIn. Is there any useable logic that dictates the order in which Excel opens its installed AddIns (e.g. alphabetical, order of installation, position in list) or is it one of those unknown internal processes that will forever remain a mystery? Br, Nick. First Com...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

Problem opening up current Excel wksht to mail merge in Word
Hi, I have Microsoft 2007. I created a list in Excel with clients' name, address, city, state, zip. Then, in Word I go to Select Recipients, locate the Excel file and click open. Here's the problem: a Select Table box appears with Sheet1$, Sheet2$, and Sheet3$ as options. clicking on any of the three results in NOTHING. Nothing at all appears! I'm not sure what the problem might be. Thank you for the help! Rachelle ...

publisher 97 #10
I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened and saved it in Publisher 2002 on a different computer(using server). Now I can't access it through 97. Is there a way to do this? Can't save as, as the files of type don't say 97. Maybe they were the same as Publisher 98 files. Worth a try. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0B451AE-ACF2-449B-8F11-4F0C16297A12@microsoft.com... > I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened > and saved it in P...

Cash Drawer won't open on transaction
Our client just replaced a PC after a H/D failure and everything is back up and working other than the cash drawer. It's connected to a Star SP200 serial printer on COM1. The printer works fine. The printer and the drawer both test fine from the Star OPOS configuration utility. Also, both are visible and test fine from the device screen in Store Ops (Shift + Ctrl + F5). We've already removed and reinstalled the Star drivers and tried a couple different versions. So now what...? BMI, Did you install Star's Cash Drawer OPOS driver too? Look in the Star folder for the Cash ...

vb script for opening notepad
Hi, I am a newbie to vb...Can somebodyprovide me a simple vb script for opening notepad in vista using windows shell Thanks VB baby "Melvin" <whereismelvin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:41a15213-b062-41f5-8525-7eb95c68864a@s22g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am a newbie to vb...Can somebodyprovide me a simple vb script for > opening notepad in vista using windows shell What version of VB are you planning to use? This group is for VB classic(VB6 or lower) which is very different from VB.Net(sometimes called VB 2005/2008). If this ...

Automatic .Doc Mail merge
Hi All, is there any way or Method of the proxy dll, that allows to execute the mail merge of am Offer / Quote / Order template generating a .Doc document ? Thx Gianluca ...

Outlook help
Hello. After years of using Outlook on my Windows XP machine, now I get the following error: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Can anyone help? Where is the actual data kept? Can I retrieve it? Can you open Outlook in Safe Mode by using the /Safe switch? If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook ...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

How do I get a copy of Publisher 2002?
I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my computer and don't want to upgrade to XP right at this time. Other than ordering off of e-bay or other sites I'm not familiar with, is it possible to get a copy of Publisher 2002 that would be compatible with Windows 98? Amazon.com -- Don Vancouver, USA "Crystal1365" <Crystal1365@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33518C70-6D02-4E03-B9C2-2C1FDEEB4A68@microsoft.com... > I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my > computer and don...

trouble Copying as a webpage #2
Any ideas -- daniels01 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- daniels012's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27161 ...

Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD
I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM) files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 . Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path> Any idea ? Please advise. Sakeer ...

web server does not open
I published a website http://a542104.uscgaux.info using FP several months ago. Accessing this site for installing/maintenance requires a user ID and password. Recently when I tried to update (the website uses FP Extensions, which I had used before with no problem) the site I get an error message with several options, none of which apply. The ID and password are correct, since I can access the cpanel by using them. But now, when I try to upload new pages from my computer, the website doesn't recognize me at all and does not even ask for the ID and password. Any suggestions...

Can't open up Outlook messages
The Microsoft Outlook screen will appear. When I click on the messages they will not open up. I get a message that Outlook Not Responding. Not sure if a connection problem (Using Road Runner), a server problem or a computer problem. Any advice will be appreciated. I have Windows XP Home Edition installed. Thanks. ...

Defaults in Publisher 2003
Is there a way of changing defaults in Publisher 2003. Specifically I want to: * set default measurement unit to centimeters * set default border of a text box to black line, .75 pt * set Tools menu>Commercial Printing Tools>Fonts so that TrueType fonts are always embedded. Many thanks Chris ...

how to close opened dialogs?!
Trying to insert 3 D pie into a slide, but it keeps telling me i must close any opened dialogs( cant see any opened ), or cancel editing in excel? Confused?! You know, we see reports of this occasionally, but I'm still not sure why it happens. Run Office Diagnostics. Open PPT and go to Office Button | PPT Options | Resources and run diagostics from there. Then reboot. I'd also make sure I have SP2 installed. Then I'd install this hotfix so the charts don't actually crash (which is unfortunately something that SP2 sometimes causes). :-) http://blogs.technet.co...

MDI App will no longer open file by double clicking associated filetype
OK, I had an app which was originally based upon an MDI app. It has been 'modded' to add various functionalities with code from www.codeguru.com and www.codeproject.com. Unfortunately, I just recently noticed that the ability to double click on the associated filetype (from a folder, desktop, etc) now no longer works. Instead, I get a messagebox: Title: (pathname of file) Message: Windows cannot find '(pathname of file).' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search. This is on Windows XP. ...

Trouble with calendar
Hi all, I have a problem with the calendar. I noticed a bug(?) for the month of october. If I filter the days 25-26-27-28-29 of october i can't load any messages. Why ??? Anyone among you had this problem or can help me ??? Thank you all !!! Bye. ...