Transparent rectangle?

Publisher 2003 sp3

I'm pretty new to this program.  I copy-pasted a table from Word into
a new Full Page.  Within the table, I want to add text borders to
certain text and color them red.  (The text borders did not carry over
from Word.)  So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whole
table somehow.  And within the object's properties dialog,
Transparency is grayed out.  If I send the rectangle to the back, the
table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
can't select it.  If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes through
the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects.  This is a
hassle.

I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
there.  Is there anything I can do with the rectangle?  Thanks.
0
ress6oy8 (10)

I use Publisher 2000 so this may be different with your version.

Select the rectangle, press Cntrl T and the rectangle will become
transparent.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"wal" <ress6oy8@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Publisher 2003 sp3
>
> I'm pretty new to this program.  I copy-pasted a table from Word into
> a new Full Page.  Within the table, I want to add text borders to
> certain text and color them red.  (The text borders did not carry over
> from Word.)  So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whole
> table somehow.  And within the object's properties dialog,
> Transparency is grayed out.  If I send the rectangle to the back, the
> table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
> can't select it.  If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes through
> the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects.  This is a
> hassle.
>
> I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
> there.  Is there anything I can do with the rectangle?  Thanks.

0
Engineer5094 (821)
10/4/2011 4:06:50 PM
Seems to work.  Thanks.

On Oct 4, 12:06=A0pm, "Don Schmidt" <Don Engin...@PNB.Retired_1987>
wrote:
> I use Publisher 2000 so this may be different with your version.
>
> Select the rectangle, press Cntrl T and the rectangle will become
> transparent.
>
> --
> Don - Publisher 2000=AE
> Vancouver, USA
>
> "wal" <ress6...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > Publisher 2003 sp3
>
> > I'm pretty new to this program. =A0I copy-pasted a table from Word into
> > a new Full Page. =A0Within the table, I want to add text borders to
> > certain text and color them red. =A0(The text borders did not carry ove=
> > from Word.) =A0So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whol=
> > table somehow. =A0And within the object's properties dialog,
> > Transparency is grayed out. =A0If I send the rectangle to the back, the
> > table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
> > can't select it. =A0If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes throug=
> > the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects. =A0This is a
> > hassle.
>
> > I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
> > there. =A0Is there anything I can do with the rectangle? =A0Thanks.- Hi=
de quoted text -

ress6oy8 (10)
10/5/2011 1:48:52 AM
You're welcome.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"wal" <ress6oy8@verizon.net> wrote in message
Seems to work.  Thanks.

On Oct 4, 12:06 pm, "Don Schmidt" <Don Engin...@PNB.Retired_1987>
wrote:
> I use Publisher 2000 so this may be different with your version.
>
> Select the rectangle, press Cntrl T and the rectangle will become
> transparent.
>
> --
> Don - Publisher 2000�
> Vancouver, USA
>
> "wal" <ress6...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > Publisher 2003 sp3
>
> > I'm pretty new to this program. I copy-pasted a table from Word into
> > a new Full Page. Within the table, I want to add text borders to
> > certain text and color them red. (The text borders did not carry over
> > from Word.) So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whole
> > table somehow. And within the object's properties dialog,
> > Transparency is grayed out. If I send the rectangle to the back, the
> > table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
> > can't select it. If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes through
> > the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects. This is a
> > hassle.
>
> > I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
> > there. Is there anything I can do with the rectangle? Thanks.- Hide
> > quoted text -

Engineer5094 (821)

No transparency?
Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 on XP, I wish to "lock" details on Page 2 (" Installed" page after page ONE) I use Ctrl M to take me to page TWO I add the details (rectangles with frame) then revert to page one, (Ctrl M) BUT I cannot see the details on Page TWO showing through. I've tried fiddling with Ctrl T, but...zilch. Can you help please? John John <non_such@blueTONyonder.cNEo.uk> was very recently heard to utter: > Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 on XP, I wish to "lock" details > on Page 2 (" Installed" page after page ONE) >...

Pub 2003
Where a portion of one picture is on top of another, is it possible to have transparency (& adjust the amount of) on just the overlapping portion? Hoping the answer is yes, and how it's done. TIA Gary If you are using a photo or other bitmap images you will have to set the transparency in a paint program. Bring the original and the transparent image into Publisher, Stack the two, crop the transparent image to where it overlaps, send the original to the back. It will be the same procedure if you are using autoshapes, but you can set the transparency in Publisher. Vector clipart ca...

printing semi transparent text boxes
I have a semi-transparent text box over a picture and every time i print i get a grid pattern where the text box is? Why is that and how can i stop it? This also happens when i create a semi-transparent shape. HELP! This will be a printer driver issue, and not an issue of Publisher. There are no known issues with printing in any versions of Publisher. No doubt you probably own a troublesome HP or Brother printer. ...

How to create a "really" transparence MFC control?
I wrote a D3D app based on the MFC dialog,the app's draw frequency is 30FPS.It has a main dialog,i create the D3D device on it,also i create some sub dialogs and controls on this main dialog.When i run this app, some errors appear.When i click or move the sub dialogs and controls it reflash on the background(I think the MFC's draw frequency unequal to the D3D app's draw frequency cause this problem), this bring on the bad effect.Is there any methods let this sub dialogs and controls didn't reflash or redraw themself to be "really" transparence:only receive or send...

Transparent Menu using MFC.
Hello friends, I need to make transparent controls and menus on mobile screens using MFC. If any body knows how to create it, please let me know. "neeru" <neeraj.allen@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:7531721a-b781-4661-8a44-87061e194875@w24g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > I need to make transparent controls and menus on mobile screens using > MFC. > > If any body knows how to create it, please let me know. You may want to read this article from CodeProject: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/menus/trans_menu.aspx HTH, Giovanni ...

Transparency issue in Publisher Pro 2003
Greetings and salutations, Thanks in advance for the assistance. You guys are great. I'm trying to create a colored rectangle with a transparency gradient. Whenever I attempt this, it displays as it should in the editing environment. However, when I Print or Print Preview, the rectangle appears completely opaque. When using a single transparency value for the whole rectangle, there is no problem. It displays, Prints and Print Previews perfectly. What's the deal? Is this a bug, or some subtle nuance of object transparency and color gradients that I'm not gr...

Importing object with transparent backgrounds
In PP 2003 i could import objects from corel draw, microsoft photo editor (with transparent back grounds) into slide and the backround would be transparent. If I do the same with pp2007 the tranparent the background is white. If i save the object to file and then use object insert it works but it is a pain. Why and what was changed Not sure why the difference but have you tried saving the object as a PNG file with transparency and then import the PNG into PPT? This feature was dropped in the 2007 version. Bummer. There are a couple of "add-in's", but I haven'...

Creating a transparent background for a radio button on my form
I am using Word to create a form. I used the Legacy Controls to add radio buttons to the form. The radio buttons are in a table with a colored background. While in Design Mode, I went into the radio button properties and set the BackStyle to '0 - fmBackStyleTransparent' and the background seemed to become transparent. However, as soon as I leave Design Mode the radio button's default to a white background on top of my colored table cells. And at this point, the white background seems to write over the table borders making for a very messy appearance. Does a...

How do you make the background of an croped oval picture transpare
I have a photograph in which I used the elliptical marquee tool on to oval a persons photograph. When printing this on a colored publisher layout, it shows the white edges that make up the remaining part of the picture. Can you please tell me how to remove these white edges so that the color of the background will show? Have you tried the transparency tool on the picture toolbar? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Royal" <Royal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C72DAD34-907D-4DFA-84...

Publisher scrambling transparent in output!
I'm baffled by Publisher's sudden propensity to badly mangle transparent elements of a layout on the way to print (in files I've used before). Now transparent GIF images that looked fine in the last round of publication are pixellated to illegibility. I can fix in most cases by rendering an opaque version of the image, but there's value to me in placing partially opaque logos on gradient-coloured or image backgrounds, and there are hours worth of image replacements to do in dozens of files, just to do WHAT WORKED LAST YEAR! Can someone tell me there's an easier way...

using "transparency" option on chart settings
When making a chart, I see there is a "transparency" option (under "fill effects"), but can't figure out what it does or how to use it. Can anyone explain how to use this option? Hi, It's not available to charts. The dialog is also used for Fill Effects in shapes. And when used on a shape that section of the dialog in enabled. If you are after using transparency effect see John Walkenbach's work around. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy Mike D wrote: > When making a chart, I see there is a "transparency" option (un...

Transparent Child window of opened Excel file in Excel 2002
I have problem in opening Excel file in Excel 2002. If I double click on an Excel file, the child window of the opened file becomes transparent such that the desktop can be seen thru' the child window. There is no problem if I open the Excel file from Excel 2002. Regards, Martin ...

Transparent color?
Using Visio 2000 and apparently can't do what I need. I need to overlay one color rectangle on another and set a transparency for the one on top where I can the one underneath. Can this be done with Visio 2003? Transparency was added in Visio 2003. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm "SkeeBee" <ntt@brz.com> wrote in message news:%239Gwg...

why does .eps graphics files show as transparent?
using office 2003, and can insert .eps formatted graphics, but all i get is a transparant white box. is there a setting i must change? i have already made sure that the .eps graphics filter is installed in office. any help? thanks. dan m <dan m@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > using office 2003, and can insert .eps formatted graphics, but all i > get is a transparant white box. is there a setting i must change? i > have already made sure that the .eps graphics filter is installed in > office. any help? thanks. Does the graphic show when you...

Transparent bitmap in FlexGrid cell?
I have a bitmap in the resource (IDB_PICTURE). I need to display it on a FlexGrid's cell with transparent background. Could someone show me how? This is the only function available to put a picture on a cell CFlexGrid::putref_CellPicture(LPDISPATCH) Thank you. ...

How to create a transparent,movable and resizable child window over a window on which video is running
How to create a transparent,movable and resizable child window over a window on which video is running??? I want to create a resizable and movable window over a parent window on which video is running... i want to select a particular area and get the cordinates so that i can crop it. ...

ImageList_AddIcon returning non transparent icon
Hi plz see the code bellow: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HICON hMotley1 = LoadIcon(_Module.GetResourceInstance(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_ICON1)); HICON hMotley2 = LoadIcon(_Module.GetResourceInstance(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_ICON2)); HICON hMotley3 = LoadIcon(_Module.GetResourceInstance(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_ICON3)); m_hImageList = ImageList_Create(32,16, ILC_COLOR16|ILC_MASK, 0, 8); int iImageIndex = ImageList_AddIcon(m_hImageList, hMotley); DestroyIcon(hMotley); int iImageIndex1 = ImageList_AddIcon(m_hImageList, hMotley1); ...

How do I give border art a transparent background in Publisher 07?
I have designed a card and I am wishing to use Border Art around a text box. However, it seems to come complete with a white background (the Border Art I mean, not the text box - I know how to make a text box transparent) and I can see no way of turning this off and it's rather ruining my design. Is there any way I can get rid of the white around the border design? A screengrab can be provided if my description isn't explicit enough. Publisher 2007 on Windows XP Home SP2 Thanks Draw a rectangle around the text box, select the rectangle, lines, more lines, BorderArt. Send it ...

Transparent tooltip gets focus with the manifest-style under Windo
A Tooltip with TTF_TRANSPARENT and TTF_TRACK tool gets the focus, if I used under Windows XP the manifest-style and click with the mouse on the tooltip. But I want, that the tooltip dispaths the messages to the window, that is under the tooltip. I have searched in the world wide web about this problem, but did not found other persons with the same problem. I have tested other example-applications from www.codeproject.com, with a litle modification (the tooltip was only shown, but not hidden) and the tested applications have the same problem. I don't know, how Microsoft use in the VC6.0 in ...

Empty Update Rectangle
Hello, How can I find the size of the update rectangle in OnDraw event? GetUpdateRect always return 0 with a zero size update rectangle. TIA void YourClassView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { CRect rect; GetClientRect(rect); pDC->DPtoLP(rect); } You update only your objects visible in this area, using CDC::RectVisible(), for instance. You can use clipping regions derived from the rectangle returned from GetClientRect() either. "Yoav Ben-Yosef" <yoav_by@bezeqint.net> wrote in message news:OOfz3zmZEHA.1000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How can I find t...

HPEN and Rectangle() on Contantly refeshing window object
Hello, Well, I am totally stumped on this one. VC++ 6.0: I have an app that has a video window playing. What I need to do is to be able to draw a rubberbanded rectangle around an area within this screen. Well, the rubberband stuff works until it stretches over the video part of the window -- you will see the rubberbanded Rectangle for a split second on every mouse move, but as soon as motion stops, the rubberbanded rectangle line will be overwritten with the animated video screen. Is there a trick to set an HPEN object to be the top Z order so that it doesn't disappear when ove...

Cannot view objects (oval, rectangle) after saving file
I am having a major problem with drawing objects such as an oval, rectangle, line, etc. When I create a new document, I can see the objects as I am drawing them. However, after I save the file, close it, and then re-open it later, the objects are there -- I just cannot see any of them! This is so frustrating! I am using MS Publisher 2002 and have updated to the Office Service Pack 3. Please help! I also forgot to mention that I am able to print the file correctly. The autoshapes show on the page, but they do not show on the screen. The line color does not take whatever color I set it ...

Transparency in Text Box won't print.
I have created a text box with a coloured backbround and set the transparency to about 70 with a horizontal fill. When I view the document it tooks like I want it to but when I go into print preview, or print it, the text box show a background of a solid colour. Create a rectangle the size of your text box, set the transparency. Right-click, save as a picture, select .png fromat. Insert as a picture, send to the back of your text box. Publisher has problems with transparency. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Leighkay" <Leighkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

make a logo's background transparant
I am trying to past a black logo on a designed background. I can't seem to get rid of the white around the logl Use the transparency tool on the picture toolbar. http://msauer.mvps.org/microsoft_publisher_menus.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sandypublisher" <Sandypublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61D0634A-C9DE-4638-91A9-697BE441BBEA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to past a black logo on a designed background. I can't seem to > get rid of the white around t...

how to make transparent background
please help me so tht i can compare the chart ..urgent!! Hi, Please help others to help you, by stating your problem clearly. What do you want to compare your chart with? Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10356405.aspx ...