Transparent rectangle?

Publisher 2003 sp3

I'm pretty new to this program.  I copy-pasted a table from Word into
a new Full Page.  Within the table, I want to add text borders to
certain text and color them red.  (The text borders did not carry over
from Word.)  So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whole
table somehow.  And within the object's properties dialog,
Transparency is grayed out.  If I send the rectangle to the back, the
table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
can't select it.  If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes through
the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects.  This is a
hassle.

I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
there.  Is there anything I can do with the rectangle?  Thanks.
0
ress6oy8 (10)

I use Publisher 2000 so this may be different with your version.

Select the rectangle, press Cntrl T and the rectangle will become
transparent.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"wal" <ress6oy8@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Publisher 2003 sp3
>
> I'm pretty new to this program.  I copy-pasted a table from Word into
> a new Full Page.  Within the table, I want to add text borders to
> certain text and color them red.  (The text borders did not carry over
> from Word.)  So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whole
> table somehow.  And within the object's properties dialog,
> Transparency is grayed out.  If I send the rectangle to the back, the
> table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
> can't select it.  If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes through
> the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects.  This is a
> hassle.
>
> I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
> there.  Is there anything I can do with the rectangle?  Thanks.

0
Engineer5094 (821)
10/4/2011 4:06:50 PM
Seems to work.  Thanks.

On Oct 4, 12:06=A0pm, "Don Schmidt" <Don Engin...@PNB.Retired_1987>
wrote:
> I use Publisher 2000 so this may be different with your version.
>
> Select the rectangle, press Cntrl T and the rectangle will become
> transparent.
>
> --
> Don - Publisher 2000=AE
> Vancouver, USA
>
> "wal" <ress6...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > Publisher 2003 sp3
>
> > I'm pretty new to this program. =A0I copy-pasted a table from Word into
> > a new Full Page. =A0Within the table, I want to add text borders to
> > certain text and color them red. =A0(The text borders did not carry ove=
> > from Word.) =A0So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whol=
> > table somehow. =A0And within the object's properties dialog,
> > Transparency is grayed out. =A0If I send the rectangle to the back, the
> > table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
> > can't select it. =A0If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes throug=
> > the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects. =A0This is a
> > hassle.
>
> > I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
> > there. =A0Is there anything I can do with the rectangle? =A0Thanks.- Hi=
de quoted text -

ress6oy8 (10)
10/5/2011 1:48:52 AM
You're welcome.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"wal" <ress6oy8@verizon.net> wrote in message
Seems to work.  Thanks.

On Oct 4, 12:06 pm, "Don Schmidt" <Don Engin...@PNB.Retired_1987>
wrote:
> I use Publisher 2000 so this may be different with your version.
>
> Select the rectangle, press Cntrl T and the rectangle will become
> transparent.
>
> --
> Don - Publisher 2000�
> Vancouver, USA
>
> "wal" <ress6...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > Publisher 2003 sp3
>
> > I'm pretty new to this program. I copy-pasted a table from Word into
> > a new Full Page. Within the table, I want to add text borders to
> > certain text and color them red. (The text borders did not carry over
> > from Word.) So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whole
> > table somehow. And within the object's properties dialog,
> > Transparency is grayed out. If I send the rectangle to the back, the
> > table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
> > can't select it. If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes through
> > the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects. This is a
> > hassle.
>
> > I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
> > there. Is there anything I can do with the rectangle? Thanks.- Hide
> > quoted text -

Engineer5094 (821)

Adding Border Rectangle Fouls Picture Wrapping in Publisher 2003
I already found the answer to the problem described below courtesy of a previous post by Mary Sauer (Thurs, Sep 1 2005 7:19 am, under the topic "Wrapping text around pictures in MS Publisher 2003"). However, this is such unexpected and unwelcome behavior that it seems worth a further posting and discussion. Scenario: (1) Create a Publisher page with one or more textboxes containing text. (2) Add pictures and set wrapping as desired (Square; Tight, etc). (3) Now choose the rectangle tool and choose it to add a border around the entire page. Voila - the pictures now all float over the...

making the space transparent behind an imported graphic
Hello, I have a logo created in Adobe Illustrator. When I cut and paste it into our newsletter, the space behind the newsletter is white. Is there some kind of feature in Publisher to make the space behind the logo transparent? Thank you. What version of Publisher are you using? What is the file format this Adobe Illustrator file is in? -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Publisher 2003. Yikes! The guy who designed it it was a vector and rastor original, whatever that means. He also s...

Can I make toolbar transparently with "SetLayereWindowAttributes" API?
here is my code: //start SetWindowLong(this->GetSafeHwnd(),GWL_EXSTYLE,GetWindowLong(this->GetSafeHwn d(),GWL_EXSTYLE)^0x80000); HINSTANCE hInst = LoadLibrary("User32.DLL"); if(hInst) { typedef BOOL (WINAPI *MYFUNC)(HWND,COLORREF,BYTE,DWORD); MYFUNC fun = NULL; fun = (MYFUNC)GetProcAddress(hInst,"SetLayeredWindowAttributes"); if(fun)fun(this->GetSafeHwnd(),0,150,2); FreeLibrary(hInst); } //end I can make Dialog and MainFrame transparently. But unsuccess at toolbar,why ? thank you . ...

icon background is not transparent when aero is enabled in vista
hello, all: i meet a curious thing. i make a icon using vc2005, and the backgournd of icon is transparent. i draw it to a dialog. in xp, it is right, the backgournd is transparent. but when aero is enabled in vista, the background is wrong, change into white. i find a way to solve this i get the dialog 's dc ,and create a bitmap. draw icon on the bitmap, and then draw bitmap to dialog's dc. the code like below int lWidth = rtClient.right - rtClient.left; int lHeight = rtClient.bottom - rtClient.top; RECT rcWindow; ::GetWindowRect(hDestWindowOverride, &rcWindow); HDC...

is there any easy way to draw a transparent bitmap by CImageList?
i use the following code to draw transparent bitmaps, it works fine on win2000 or later, but bitmaps have background color on win98. ;-( for(int i = 0; i < m_nRow; ++i) { for(int j = 0; j < m_nCol && i * m_nCol + j < m_nImage; ++j) { CPoint pt; pt.x = j * m_nCellWidth + m_nHInterval / 2; pt.y = i * m_nCellHeight + m_nVInterval / 2; m_pImageList->Draw(pDC, i * m_nCol + j, pt, ILD_NORMAL); } } -- With best regards, Wenming Hu How are you creating the Image List? Can you modify the colour mask depending on the platform, to get what you want? M ...

Antialiasing with bitmaps in a transparent background dialog
Hello! I've been doing an application where a round bitmap was displayed in the dialog background, with the othe part of dialog was transparent. Well, I did it with Regions in a MFC project to adapt my region to the form of the bitmap. But my problem is that I want to do a smooth image in the borders with background, because using regions my image seems to be too much pixeled and I need some antialiased method to smooth the borders of the image with the background. If you know some example of code or some web page, say me please Thanks. Xavi Temporal escribi�: > Hello! I've been ...

Gradient Transparency in Publisher 2003
I'm new at Publisher 2003 and am wondering if I'm doing something wrong. After creating my page of text and graphics I decided I wanted a gradient in the background of the page. I drew a box, filled it with a gradient, and moved it the the back of the document layers. When I printed it, the gradient looked too dark. I went into the "fill" settings for the box and adjusted the transparency for the gradient to make it look "softer" on the page. Now the transparency looks great in Publisher, but when I print it I get the same dark gradient as before. It acts like...

How to print semi-transparent color blocks in Publisher 2002?
I have color blocks in my publication that are printing as either a messy pattern or are solid instead of semi-transparent as they are on the computer. Why is this happening? Transparency is iffy with Publisher, the printing will be as you say "messy" or banded. A workaround is to copy the color blocks, paste special as a .png or ..gif. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "tnt" <tnt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

How to create (semi-)transparent windows?
Hi, I'm wondering if I can create windows with some transparent regions so that the "hidden" windows get the PAINT messages properly (while my windows process other messages such as LBUTTON_DOWN). Would appreciate it for any pointers, ~y Not sure what you are asking for here. A "hidden" window will not get paint messages because it is hidden. If it is merely covered up with some other window, it may or may not get a paint message depending on undocumented behavior of Windows in such a situation. Since a WM_PAINT message would have to give an empty clipping region, t...

Transparency
Hi, I am building an ActiveX control, which I would like NOT to be windowless (e.g. the common dialog control in Visual Basic being an example of one that is windowless, I don't want one like this), i.e. I want it to draw and have size, etc. but be largely transparent. I can sort of mimic transparency by using TranslateColor(AmbientBackColor()) but this doesn't take into account the fact that the developer using it might want to have, say, static text behind my control. So what I want to do which I would appreciate any help anybody can possibly give me, is *ideally* to create ...

transparent object does not print out transparent
I have created a circle (with the circle tool) that has varient shading. It's orange in the center and fades out to transparent. I have a second object sitting behind my circle. While I am working on the document, the object appears as I have designed it, but whent I go to print, the object becomes solid and the transparent part becomes white, hiding the second object behind. Can anyone help me figure out how to print it out as a transparent object? Thanks! This is a known bug in Publisher 2002/2003 along with the rest of Office XP/Office 2003. Group the objects together, then ...

Transparent TIFF Publisher 2007
How do you get Publisher 2007 to accept a transparent TIFF ? Rather than dispaly the transparent background it defaults to an opaque white one ? VistaTest wrote: > How do you get Publisher 2007 to accept a transparent TIFF ? Rather > than dispaly the transparent background it defaults to an opaque white > one ? I don't think Publisher supports TIFF transparency. It MIGHT transfer properly to a PDF, but I doubt it. Publisher does support PNG transparency. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org VistaTest wrote: > How do you get Publisher 2007 to accept...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

Rectangles on Form
Option boxes display on a form with rounded corners. Is it possible to draw a rectangle with rounded (as opposed to square) corners so that it looks the same as an option box? Yes. But not as a rectangle. Make an option box and put meaningless controls options in it and make them invisible. Delete the option box label. Note, however, that the lines will revert to a rectangle, even in an option box, if you use a color other than the default and set the line size other than hairline. Damon "JimP" <jpockmire@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:460fb8cf$0$24757$4c...

Formatting Auto Shapes
I have created something but cannot recreate it and cannot remember what I did differently. Clicked on Rectangle to form a perimeter around a few cells and wanted it to look 3-D, which I have done in the past with the shadow function, specifically shadow style 6. The rectangle I made transparent so that I can see the numbers underneath. Now when I try this, the shadow does not form correctly. Because its transparent I can see through it and see the shadow line behind it instead of it looking like a white box with a grey shadow. Hard to describe but can someone help? Thanks. D...

Ellipse Transparency Problem
I have a simple MFC dialog-based application. There is one large bitmap covering the entire dialog. The problem: I need to draw a colored (color doesn't matter) ellipse on top of the bitmap and still see the bitmap. Basically, I need to draw a colored, transparent ellipse on top of the bitmap. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Select a hallow brush into the dc before you draw the ellipse. dc.SelectStockObject(HOLLOW_BRUSH); dc.Ellipse(...); AliR. "ST" <stwebmail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1144346896.065813.203620@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > I hav...

Printing Transparencies
Hope someone can help. I have several transparent shapes on a one page document in Pub 2003. Pretty basic black fill set at 50% transparency. When I go to print it, regardless of which printer I choose, the shapes fill in completely black, with no transparency, even if I print to a PDF file, as well as laserjets, color laserjets and inkjets. Can anyone help? Thanks! MB This is a known issue in Microsoft Office products 2002 and 2003, and "WILL NOT" be fixed for those versions. The current work around is to copy your shape, then go to Edit > Paste Special > and save...

transparent button
Hi, I want to create a button which is invisible (transparent) but can still handle clicks. What I'm trying to accomplish, is to create a clickable image map. I have a full screen size bitmap, and different regions of this bitmap should be clickable. I can check WM_LBUTTONDOWN and then check for it's coordinate, but this is a hassle. I want to be able to design these hot spots in design time by using buttons. So I can not simply use a bitmap button. Then if the button is clicked, I may want to make the button fill up with certain color for a second to make it 'blink' to ind...

chart transparent fill
How do I get chart area fill colors to be transparent? Hi, Not available for area charts, unless you are working on a Mac. For column/bar charts here is an work around. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy plainolddad wrote: > How do I get chart area fill colors to be transparent? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

getting the rectangle occupied by line in CRichEditCtrl
hi group, i am able to get the line number from the caret position. with something like this CRichEditCtrl m_rich; long i, j; CPoint p1, p2, pCaret; m_rich.GetSel (i, j); p1 = m_rich.GetCharPos (i); p2 = m_rich.GetCharPos (j); pCaret = m_rich.GetCaretPos (); int m_CurLine = m_rich.LineFromChar (i) + 1; int m_CurColumn = i - m_rich.LineIndex (m_CurLine-1) + 1; but now i want to get the rectangle of this line for CRichEditCtrl how i can do this? because i read on codeproject a highlighting demo but it is for CEditView void CHiliteEditView::GetLineRect(int nLine, LPRECT lpRect) const { ...

redraw of hierachie of transparent bitmaps
Hello, I have a hierachie of windows with transparent bitmaps. The bitmaps are png, I display the the bitmap with Gdiplus::Graphics, but I think it is a general problem. window 0: with a transparent bitmap 'landscape' +- window 1: with a transparent bitmap 'horizont' +- window 2: with a transparent bitmap 'tree' +- window 3: with a transparent bitmap 'apple' Parent of 'window 3' is 'window 2', ... I display the 'window 0' - all childs are display - a complex picture is create with 'landscape' + 'horizont' + .....

Transparent Text Box Over Another
I am trying to place a semi-transparent text box over a document. The problem is that the text in the underlying boxes moves around the new box rather than staying fixed where they are. How can I fix this? Thanks, Cindy I'm curious - what do you mean by "semi-transparent"? Do you mean something like a watermark? -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Cindy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42f201c42b90$6cf88d90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to place a semi-transparent text box over a > document. The problem is that...

Publisher 2000 & Transparency
Is it possible to set a gradient fill with 1 colour and transparency, rather than 2 colours? I have looked around the program and can't seem to figure out if you can do this or not. Thanks, Sarah :-) ...

"Transparency" not working
Using Publisher 2003. At one time my "transparency" option was working. Now it is greyed out. How do I fix it? i'm referring to the "fill" edit in formating a "text" box. Thanks! Regards, -- Curtis By default, text boxes in Publisher 2003 are transparent. Select a color and then the transparency slider becomes active. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83EB347C-161A-4084-94C9-0D09AD50719A@microsoft.com.....

Outlook 2002 is transparent
I don't know what I did, but whenever I open Outlook 2002 it has become transparent! How do I get it back to opaque? Answered in the outlook.general newsgroup. Do NOT multipost! Multiposting; Posting the same message in different newsgroup separately. Crossposting; Posting one message addressed to several newsgroups Crossposting is better cause all the newsgroups will see all the responses where by Multiposting people won't see what is already suggested/solved in other newsgroups which is just a big waste of time for people who are trying to help them. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP...