transfer publisher template to word

i have a made a  greeting card from a template  a friend has offered to print
them out but does not have publisher on his computer but has word on his
computer is there any way to change the format so he can open itv in word??

paul 1 wrote:
> i have a made a  greeting card from a template  a friend has offered to print
> them out but does not have publisher on his computer but has word on his
> computer is there any way to change the format so he can open itv in word??

You would have to copy/paste the template on your computer, by opening
the Publisher template, then opening Word, and copy from Publisher over
to Word, then save as a Word template. Be warned that there will be
formatting loss and this is NOT recommended. Best thing to do is have
them purchase Publisher or create the original template in Word.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
0
ic (207)
10/5/2004 1:50:02 PM
Or for the OP to print it out himself. I thought the days of not buying a
printer when you got a computer were long gone.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <ic@ntellu.com> wrote in message
> paul 1 wrote:
>> i have a made a  greeting card from a template  a friend has offered to
>> print them out but does not have publisher on his computer but has word
>> on his computer is there any way to change the format so he can open itv
>> in word??
>
> You would have to copy/paste the template on your computer, by opening the
> Publisher template, then opening Word, and copy from Publisher over to
> Word, then save as a Word template. Be warned that there will be
> formatting loss and this is NOT recommended. Best thing to do is have them
> purchase Publisher or create the original template in Word.
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/5/2004 5:47:52 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from paul
1 <paul 1@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> i have a made a  greeting card from a template  a friend has offered
> to print them out but does not have publisher on his computer but has
> word on his computer is there any way to change the format so he can
> open itv in word??

Not satisfactorily, but there IS a way that you can create a PDF file that
you can send him, which he will be able to open in Adobe Reader.

www.primopdf.com is a free application that does just this.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

Envelopes in Word 2007
When I try to import an address form Outlook contacts into a Word document to address an envelope word shuts down then restarts. I use windows 7 and office 2007. my brother has the same problem with his system running windows vista with office 2007 -- Stephen This is a common problem, but it should not occur if you have Outlook open first. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>&...

in printing a word( 2007) document, the number 2 is missing
Using Microsoft 2007 and printer is HP Laserjet 2200D. On all pages, the number 2 does not print. Does the problem go away if you choose a different font? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "gsw" <gsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C05E0B-CB3C-4667-90A6-306B1D9FA711@microsoft.com... > Using Microsoft 2007 and printer is HP Laserjet 2200D. On all pages, the > number 2 does not print. ...

Publisher 2003 Catologue Merge #2
I thought I posted this the other day, but cannot find it. If I did, here it is again! http://home.a03.itscom.net/tsuzu/programing/en/ Here is a real winner that popped up today on www.nonags.com This is the perfect tool for the Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. This program will automatically list all the picture files in a folder to use with a Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. Does exactly what you want, has all the options you need, including sort, file extension you want etc. etc. Just a magic little program with all the needs and requirements. It will be so easy for users just to copy ...

Word 2010: cannot save normal.dotm file?
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But if I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. You've posted to the Mac Word group, so there isn't much help available here on a Beta version for Windows. Tr...

How can I use VBA to load the text attributes of a set of shapes in a Visio drawing, using the text strings from cells in a Word file's table? I have a diagram with a long list of test boxes (around the perimeter of a drawing). I would like to number the text boxes (as part of the shape name?) and then use a macro to get text strings for each text box from a Word file. The Visio drawing is an embedded object in the Word file itself, so possibly there is a "parent" relationship that would allow me to get the text strings without having to know the exact name and path o...

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

Word Wrap with >1024 characters Excel 2003
I have a large number of characters in a text box and word wrap turned on, I get the text wrapped for the first several lines and then nothing else in the rest of the box. Is there a way to make the remainder of the text visible, instead of rolling off the edge of the box? ...

Upgrading to 2008, cannot transfer old identity
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Installed 2008 on a MacBook Pro. Office Setup Assistant found two previous identities - the main identity, and a backup (from a previous database rebuild). I checked the box next to the main identity and selected to transfer it. However, nothing happens, and the setup assistant continues to ask me which identity I want to transfer. I tried checking the backup identity, also, and it transfers over (it turns gray on completion), but I cannot get the main identity to transfer. On 10/13/09 11:18 AM, in article 59b7e851.-1@w...

file save as word 2003 xp pro
Scenario I open a document called test.doc and make a change. I use the file save as option and call the file test.doc. It doesn't prompt me to overwrite the existing test.doc shouldn't it?? I belive it did in earlier versions?? No - if you open a document and use SaveAs to save it with the same name you won't get a prompt. If you use SaveAs to save it with a different existing name, you will. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site...

How do I change the day a week starts on in a publisher calendar
In the Control Panel open the Regional and Language Options, change to your region. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F81FC52-ED0D-4FC3-BCED-05F72495DF61@microsoft.com... > ...

Why can't I save Publisher files since an XP upgrade?
-- 89Q Radio Trial version? Maybe the time has run out. Are you saving to your hard drive? Can you open files? Do you get an error? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4666111-8322-43AA-BD05-A1E24D4D7C23@microsoft.com... > > -- > 89Q Radio Mary: I have used Publisher 2002 for a couple of years now. It was only recently (since an upgrade t...

Is there a template to create a template?
Just wondering! Mike Mike Koewler wrote: > Just wondering! > > Mike Oh Mike, hahaha there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... You don't use a macro to make a cake. First you need a box of scratch............. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message news:HA1Rg.1220$o71.814@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Mike Koewler wrote: >> Just wondering! >> >> Mike > > Oh Mike, hahaha > > there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... > I ...

Publisher Template
How can I apply one of My Templates to an existing publication skebel wrote: > How can I apply one of My Templates to an existing publication ======================================== One way would be to open two instances of Publisher... template in one...existing .pub in the other. Copy/paste the content from existing .pub to template. -- Volunteer J - MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

Why does Publisher not allow multiple page email newsletters?
Just received Publisher 2003. I'm trying to make an email newsletter and trying to incorporate the "more details" links embedded into the template. However, if I want that to be a link to another page in the document, it doesn't work if I send the .pub as a message in an email. It doesn't work any way I save it, .mht, .tif, etc. I'm curious why I had to spend two days sorting out the whole "more details" links through the help files only to find that they're useless unless I have it link to some other arbitrary site. I bought publisher for thi...

Looking for XML Template Reference Docs
I need to make some changes to the Receipt Templates and Statement formats. In RMS, these templates are designed in XML. Can somebody point me to a reference doc that will assist me in customizing these templates? I am most interested in seeing a list of possible variables that can be included in reports/receipts/statements. Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales Culver City, CA ...

How do I deal with account transfers
OK this is what's going on and I don't know how to deal with it. I have two different checkinig accounts with the same bank. Into the first all our paychecks are direct deposited and all our bills come out through automatic or bill pay. Also a set amount is transfered from here to the second account each week. It's from this second one that we go out to eat, go grocery shopping, etc. So how should I handle that weekly transfer out of the first accoun in Money 2005t? I don't want it showing up as a catagory on my budget graphs because it's not really a catagory....

Outlook XP , publish to GAL and encrypting problem
Hi all. After I published my certificates go GAL, I'm not able to encrypt messages for e-mail addresses which are not stored in my Exchange server . Their info is properly entered into my Outlook's Contacts folder, including their name, e-mail and encryption public cert. Any help? Trebor. P.S I'm using MS Outlook XP SP3 with Exchange Server 5.5 I ...

can you edit a print shop file in publisher?
Is the print shop software compatible with MS Publisher. No, it is not compatible. You could export your printshop item as an image and insert that image into Publisher, but you will only be able to edit the image as an image, you won't be able to edit text, etc. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tthomas" <Tthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96D872CD-E940-4891-86F9-23F0E21CC8F2@microsoft.com... > Is the print shop softwa...

REading Publisher files burned to a CD
Copy the files to your hard drive. Publisher doesn't do well with removable media. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bruno Ottavi" <bottavi@insight.rr.com> wrote in message news:dekVd.2395$3t3.1039@fe2.columbus.rr.com... > > ...

Publisher 03 -how to move parts of brochure to a another brochur.
how do I merge panels of info from one pub. brochure to another fcircle wrote: > how do I merge panels of info from one pub. brochure to another Copy paste from one Publication to another. Line the two publications side by side vertically on the page. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

How Can I View a .pub File Without Publisher Installed on my Machine?
I have a .pub file but cannot view it. I do not have publisher installed on my machine. Is there a publisher viewer that I can download to view .pub files? Thanks, Jason Hi Jason (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a .pub file but cannot view it. I do not have || publisher installed on my machine. Is there a publisher || viewer that I can download to view .pub files? Visit the following link: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher ~pay it foward~ This posting is pr...

Basci word 2007
When somebody sends me a email with attachment I can't save or download the document to word. I have comcast as my provider. I have Norton Anti Virus with Comcast. When I try to download attachement to save or open . The Norton Anti Virus screen comes up asking me what I want to do with this attachment. Then it says I have no Virus with them. Then the file comes up but it doesn't tell we how long it it going to take to open or save the document. .. Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. First, be sure to disable its...

Booklet printing in Word 2007
Tearing my hair out and wasting LOTS of paper and toner in trying to print a booklet. I do NOT have a duplex printer, but I cannot seem to get the settings right for this - the pages either don't print next to each other properly, or are upside down, or in the wrong order. Can anyone point me to a GOOD tutorial where I can see what I am not doing? Word is crap at booklet printing. Instead, save your document to PDF using Word 2007's built-in converter. Then open the document in Adobe Reader v9 and use its booklet feature. It is impressively good! It is the one saving ...

Extracting a word form a text string
Hi I run Excel 2K I have a number of text strings with each string containing a key word which is located in different postitions of each text string. I need a formula that extracts only that key word from the text string. Lets say the word is TEST Thanks On Oct 21, 8:46=A0am, John Calder <JohnCal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > I run Excel 2K > > I have a number of text strings with each string containing a key word wh= ich > is located in different postitions of each text string. > > I need a formula that extracts only that key word from the...

Option to shadow shapes & text boxes in Publisher 2003
MS Office help offers the following instructions referencing a SHADOW STYLE OPTION; THIS OPTION DOES NOT APPEAR ON MY DROP DOWN LIST OF OPTIONS!!! Select the picture, AutoShape, WordArt or text box that you want to change. On the Formatting toolbar, click Shadow Style , and do one of the following: Add or remove a shadow To add a shadow, click the shadow style you want. To remove a shadow, click No Shadow. Change the direction of the shadow To change the direction of a shadow, click a shadow that goes the direction you want. Change the distance of the shadow from...