Transfer a Publisher file to Word

I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy it to the front of a Word document. It consists of a border, background, text and a jpg photo. I cannot save it as a *.pub and transfer to Word, so I am resaving in 'JPEG File Interchange Format' and transferring it that way. It goes across successfully  but the text prints hairy edged.
Any suggestions?
--
B.Collin
0

Transfer the images as images and the text as text.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"B.Collin" <BCollin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy it to the
front of a Word document. It consists of a border, background, text and a jpg photo.
I cannot save it as a *.pub and transfer to Word, so I am resaving in 'JPEG File
Interchange Format' and transferring it that way. It goes across successfully  but
the text prints hairy edged.
> Any suggestions?
> --
> B.Collin

0
laserdog (1122)
6/11/2004 8:02:26 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
B.Collin <BCollin@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy
> it to the front of a Word document.

What version of Publisher are you using?
Publisher 2002 could only save low-resolution images.
If you are using Publisher 2003, then make sure you set the resolution to
300dpi.
I would advise against using JPG, as JPG format adds the hairy edges.  Use
PNG, a lossless format that supports high-colour modes.
If you are using a version of Publisher that does not support high-quality
image export, you can use a utility such as FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) or
SnagIt 6 (www.techsmith.com) to convert the file to an image by printing to
the special printer driver.
Alternatively you could use Adobe Acrobat or PDF995 and PDFEdit995 from
www.pdf995.com to export both the Word document and the Publisher document
to PDF format, and then join the files together.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
6/11/2004 11:34:56 AM
Thank you Mary for your input. I shall try that.
--
B.Collin

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Transfer the images as images and the text as text.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "B.Collin" <BCollin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy it to the
> front of a Word document. It consists of a border, background, text and a jpg photo.
> I cannot save it as a *.pub and transfer to Word, so I am resaving in 'JPEG File
> Interchange Format' and transferring it that way. It goes across successfully  but
> the text prints hairy edged.
> > Any suggestions?
> > --
> > B.Collin

0
BCollin (3)
6/15/2004 3:47:01 AM
Thanks Ed for your input. I shall try out what you recommended here.
Barry
--
B.Collin

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> B.Collin <BCollin@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> > I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy
> > it to the front of a Word document.
>
> What version of Publisher are you using?
> Publisher 2002 could only save low-resolution images.
> If you are using Publisher 2003, then make sure you set the resolution to
> 300dpi.
> I would advise against using JPG, as JPG format adds the hairy edges.  Use
> PNG, a lossless format that supports high-colour modes.
> If you are using a version of Publisher that does not support high-quality
> image export, you can use a utility such as FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) or
> SnagIt 6 (www.techsmith.com) to convert the file to an image by printing to
> the special printer driver.
> Alternatively you could use Adobe Acrobat or PDF995 and PDFEdit995 from
> www.pdf995.com to export both the Word document and the Publisher document
> to PDF format, and then join the files together.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
BCollin (3)
6/15/2004 3:49:01 AM
Frustrateing there is no import - export in word or publisher
But I have found (OFFICE 2003 Publisher 2003) that if you
goto Select all in Pub (copy selected to the clipboard)
Then in Word <edit> <office clipboard>  Right click clip
then past it seemed to work as far as resolution etc.
I do not know But Try it you may like it!

"B.Collin" wrote:

> I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy it to the front of a Word document. It consists of a border, background, text and a jpg photo. I cannot save it as a *.pub and transfer to Word, so I am resaving in 'JPEG File Interchange Format' and transferring it that way. It goes across successfully  but the text prints hairy edged.
> Any suggestions?
> --
> B.Collin

Word 2003 VBA to limit options in Inputbox to those in drop down
I have the following macro which works great to make a form drop down list mandatory to fill in: Sub MustFillIn() If ActiveDocument.FormFields("nameDD").Result = "ENTER NAME" Then Do sInFld = InputBox("This field must be filled in, fill in below.") Loop While sInFld = "" ActiveDocument.FormFields("nameDD").Result = sInFld End If End Sub However, the user is free to enter whatever they want in the input box, although the field this fires from if nothing is entered is a drop down- is there any way to ...

HELP! **Transfer orders to invoices error
I need some serious help. We just upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP 8.0 and now I am unable to transfer orders to invoices. I keep getting an error that says "Order ORD1555 has no line items to transfer to Invoice INV144408." Order# 1555 does have about 10 line items, which I can view on the screen. I did go in and run the "Check Links" function, but it hasn't done anything. This is our busiest time of year and a really bad time for something like this to happen. Can someone please give me some advice on how to fix this? if this is just one order, why not cancel...

How do I remove ~WRL0000.tmp files?
Two days ago one of my MS Word folders I was working in started to accumulate a lot of ~WRL1234.tmp files. Usually these disappear after I leave the folder, but today they're still there. How can I delete them? And how can I reset things so they don't start accumulating again? Many Thanks. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Tim wrote: > Two days ago one of my...

Excel 2000 tries to open unrecognizable file on startup
Hi, For the last couple of weeks, when I first open Excel I get a Microsoft Excel Error pop-up window that says "This file is not in a recognizable format....". I am uncertain what file it is trying to open, but when I click "cancel" it opens books1.xls. Which I usually ignore and go into "open file" and pick my excel file. Any idea what is going on? Win98 Excel 2000 -- Thanks - Jeff Jeff I suspect one of two things 1) Excel opens all files in it xlStart folder. Search for this and remove anything without an .xls, xlt extension 2) If you go to Tools&g...

Exchange Crash -- all we have is the ispriv.edb file
Hello all -- A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over the ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive. All we want to do is pull the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files. Then, Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the contents of each .PST file back to the server. My question is: If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out of it ? Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this? ;-) Any help appreciated!! Sincerely, Blake http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanage...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Publisher Webpage
I have created a web page using Publisher 2003 on our local server. When I upload the web page to an offsite data bank all of my hyperlinks pointing to PowerPoint presentation and Word Documents still point to our local server. Is there an easy way to have the hyperlinks point to the my files on the offsite data bank? -- ckaras Reference: Including external files in a Publisher web http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx DavidF "ckaras" <ckaras@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28BD64D5-AAA1-4842-86EF-403C41D2B3B9@microsoft.com....

Mpeg Video file
Please help. When I copy and paste an Mpeg movie file / AVI file into my Publisher 2000 system i can then right click and "Change Object", "Media Clip" and "Edit" this allows me to seardch through the video to find the still frame i want and have this then inserted into the document. This works fine on my computer but on my friends computer does not work, the publisher version is the same and the imported video is the same, when he attempts to do the same it comes up with Change package and does not allow him to edit the video at all, I think there must be ...

Missing file still....
I tried running detect and repair and reinstall. Outlook still looks for sku1ca.cab file .... Someone please HELP. -Kyle did you have different versions or suites of office installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b9fc01c420fa$8a7ce410$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I tried running detec...

My excel file is too large (5 mb) when it shouldn't be, why?
I have an excel file has ballooned in size for some reason. I have tried to copy all the cells and then used "paste special" to paste just the values and the file size doesn't reduce. I am copying numbers from an investment website into my spreadsheet and there don't appear to be any issues with the pasted cells but I suspect it is causing the file size expansion and very slow performance. I then deleted all the cells around by spreadsheet and it didn't help at all. All suggestions as to how I can fix this problem appreciated. Kenview If you do a Ctl-End, does...

Excel & Word auto selection from menus
Ok, I'm a keyboarder, not a mouser. I use quick commands like the letter code or arrows on menus to speed along without the grab, aquire, click business. Excel & Word seem to be periodically (not always) automatically selecting menu items based on prior selections if I use arrow selectors. How do I turn this off? I get no help from "Help". Please reply to my e-mail address: legreenwood@hotmail.com. Thanks! Would love to get rid of this nuisance & keep speeding along. ...

Need to Load Publisher
I have Publisher 98 CD and lost the jewel case that had the CD Key Value. I have anew computer and just needs the functionality of Publisher 98. How can I get the 11-disgit key value? I have a valid product ID when I loded the software on the old computer Help?? MIke http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mike" <mbenya@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:027d01c3c...

backup file size
I've noticed that my backup file size varies considerably. Sometimes its very close to the origonal file size and sometimes its more than 25% larger. Why? In microsoft.public.money, jerry wrote: >I've noticed that my backup file size varies >considerably. Sometimes its very close to the origonal >file size and sometimes its more than 25% larger. Why? You probably did not set Tools->Options->MakeMyFileSmall... "jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079001c39eb1$491ea150$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've noticed that m...

how to produce a csv file from a unicode-saved text file
Friends, I have an excel spreadsheet (version 2000) that has Japanese characters. I would like to save it as unicode text file so that I can FTP it to my unix box for loading into an Oracle database. When I save the file as unicode text, it properly preserves the characters, but using whitespace as the delimiters. I would like to change this to a csv, but when I save as the file as CSV, the Japanese characters turn into set of ?? symbols. Is there any way around to create the unicode text file with delimiters other than whitespace? Thanks for any ideas. - Sal ...

List of fonts used in a Word doc -- the easy way
The VBA scripts that I have found all implement a character-by-character scan throu= gh the document, which can take a long time in later versions of Word. You can blame Wor= d's "formatting" feature for the slowdown. There=E2=80=99s a faster way: Save the document in .rtf format, then open the .rtf fi= le in a text editor such as notepad.exe. The fonts are listed in a font table ( {\fonttb= l ) located at the very beginning of the file. Each font entry looks something like thi= s: = {\f0\froman\fprq2\fcharset0 Times New Roman;} Any entries with a character set ...

Can I import a .pdf file into publisher
I tried to copy and paste from InDesign and it did not work. Can you import any type of file into publisher. Example: .pdf or .eps No. Publisher is pretty much a stand all by itself program. If you can't copy and paste into it, you're kind of sorely out of luck. You can put pictures into a Pub file but you can't go back and edit the individual parts of them, such as text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Graphix grl" <Graphixgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88493145-8B59-4131-AD33-C916D22CF63C@microsoft.com... >I tried...

Blocked and safe senders file in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am wondering where outlook 2003 saves the address that you add to the safe sender/recipient and blocked sender list. Outlook XP saved the junk senders in a file called "Junk senders" in C:\Documents and Settings\my_id\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook I used to backup that file, so I would like to know where Outlook keeps the file now. Thank you The lists are kept in binary values in the Windows registry and also in a hidden item in the mail store (mailbox or PST file). Both lists are kept in one multivalued property although no one has decoded it yet, the bits also s...

Problem with versions of word and outlook
Hi My access app uses word and outlook references which I can not get rid of due to certain features that my app has. I have this problem that I need to send me app to various clients who have varying versions of outlook and word and thus my app fails to run. Is there anyway my app can find the versions of outlook/word at start-up and readjust links to appropriate versions of outlook/word before continuing? If not, is there another way to fix this problem? Many thanks. Any help would be appreciated. I am really stuck. Regards Whoa: no need to include so many newsgroups! Consider u...

Money 2004
I just installed Money 2004 on a new computer. I copied my data directory over and would like to open my existing MNY file. File-Open let's you select the file and then starts a Wizard. As soon as I click Next, Money crashes with the "Money must close" message. Not cool. Any ideas? Anytime you experience unexplained issues like this, you should first run the salvage tool to make sure there is no corruption in your file. If the error keeps happening, then post the problem here. L utz" wrote: > I just installed Money 2004 on a new computer. I copied my da...

open a new instance of excel for each file ? (Vista / Seven)
Hi people, How under Vista & Win7 can we open a new instance of excel for each file ? thx a lot people. ...

HTML link to a specified worksheet within a excel file
From an HTML page I would like to add a link to an EXCEL file but on a specific worksheet? I s this possible Thanks ...

error when opening large file
Hi, I am trying to open a large file in Publisher 2002, and Publisher just closes right up. ANy clues? How large is large? Do you get any error message? Did you create this file or was it passed on to you? -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "sherri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d10701c4229e$127b63b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I am trying to open a large file in Publisher 2002, > and Publisher just closes right up. > > ANy clues? Have you got the garbage trash junk Symantec Norton installed? If you have, RE-move/UN-i...

Music files using "Package for CD" Option in Powerpoint
I am trying to burn my show onto a disk, and the show has songs linked to it. I know the songs are not embedded into the show, so I was looking for a solution for this. I saw the "package for CD" option in the menu and according to that, it is supposed to take your show, and all linked files and burn it onto a disk to be played back using powerpoint viewer. I made sure the box was checked to include linked files. After the disk burned, no music. I tried putting all the music and show in one folder and then running the package for cd tool, still no music. Is ther...