There is any way to post here without being insulted every time?

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discus
people.�

0
anonymous (74722)

Vanilla,

You can take the good with the bad or simply put posters in a kill file
where you will not see their messages. What I have found is that nearly
100 percent of people who respond really are nice people who are willing
to do all they can to help, but sometimes forget that when answering. I
don't know why and cannot do anything about it, but I still come here
for advice and knowledge.

Mike

Vanilla wrote:
> “Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss
> people.”

0
wordwiz (948)
5/8/2004 11:12:29 PM
Vanilla wrote:
> “Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small
> minds discuss people.”

Yes there is - read those links I gave you and follow the advice contained
therein. Otherwise you will continue to be "insulted" as you put it.

It's in your own hands.

0
cerridwen (233)
5/9/2004 12:33:39 AM
Hi Vanilla (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small
|| minds discuss people."

Vanilla, have you received an answer about your folded card question? I
wasn't sure if this has been addressed with you yet.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
5/9/2004 12:54:51 AM
Vanilla,

I have always found helpful replies to my questions here, along with
thank the first group and ignore the second; responding to them only
encourages them to continue in the same vein.

Sibyl

On Sat, 8 May 2004 15:56:02 -0700, "=?Utf-8?B?VmFuaWxsYQ==?="

>“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss
>people.”

0
notsib (6)
5/9/2004 2:24:33 AM
Vanilla,
As Mike said....
Just discern the good from the bad (in your opinion) then learn from the rest.
This group is very lively and well organized per issue posted.
I learn much from the differences in opinion.......
0
caschatte (53)
5/9/2004 5:46:03 AM
Hi Mike
Thanks for the encouriging words.

Vanilla
“From one small seed of kindness … friendship grows.”
0
anonymous (74722)
5/9/2004 12:31:03 PM
Hi Brian Thanks for Asking
"Vanilla, have you received an answer about your folded card question? I
wasn't sure if this has been addressed with you yet.

I've got lots of useful replies and I learned a lot from them.  I posted twice: "Sorry but I have a question again" & "It is a mystery to me..."
I posted twice (if you wonder why?) because I was not sure that I worded in the way that people could get the picture about what is my problem, I tried to clarify it.  (as English is my second language).

However, I still do not know how to repeat the first page in a folded card option (without copying them) the way that in my printing it will be nicely arranged on all the four pages.  The funny thing is that when I had no intention doing it, accidentally I was able to do it.  However, I do not remember how

Vanill
“From one small seed of kindness … friendship grows.”

0
anonymous (74722)
5/9/2004 1:11:04 PM
Hi Sibyl
You wrote
"I have always found helpful replies to my questions here, along wit
thank the first group and ignore the second; responding to them onl
encourages them to continue in the same vein.

I could not resist so far answering those insulting messages, as I thought—foolishly--I have to explain that I meant no harm.
However, you are right I could see now that my replies just feeding the frenzy.

Vanill
“From one small seed of kindness … friendship grows.�

0
anonymous (74722)

anonymous (74722)
5/9/2004 1:41:03 PM
Hi Mar

Not exactly.  However, they were very useful links and l learned a lot again

Thank
Vanill
“From one small seed of kindness … friendship grows.”
0
anonymous (74722)
5/9/2004 1:46:02 PM
Hi Chris

I am keep sending foolish (misaddressed and empty pages) replies to you sorry about that.

All I wanted to say is: Thanks for your encouriging words.

Vanill
“From one small seed of kindness … friendship grows.�

0
anonymous (74722)
5/9/2004 1:51:02 PM
Vanilla you are the sickest witch (with a 'b') ever to grace this place -
EVER.
You are a disgusting foul mouthed cockroach that lives in a low life trailer
park.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
5/9/2004 8:46:14 PM
���MS�Publisher��� wrote:
> Vanilla you are the sickest witch (with a 'b') ever to grace this place -
> EVER.
> You are a disgusting foul mouthed cockroach that lives in a low life trailer
> park.

Cool!

and this info helps with our usage of Publisher....  how?

Control-T is helpful, makes things transparent

:))

Steve in NC

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
5/10/2004 3:12:03 AM
David ...

You forgot to take your meds again!

Please correct that situation, and post back with a retraction of your very unprofessional
conduct.

0
rsdwla (11)

Daylight Savings time change patch
On March 11, 2007 Daylight Savings time will kick in for most of the U.S. and all of Canada. Optional patches are available for Windows XP systems, but are not automatic. This is due to some possible problems with Office Outlook. Does this apply to Office 2007? If you use Outlook 2007, no patch is needed. For those using Outlook 2003 and earlier, a patch should be availble now from Microsoft downloads: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Chuck Davis"...

wcLEX v1.0d Posted
Folks, This was my first .NET Production so I had some learning curve to do with it. I believe the kicks were worked out. wcLEX v1.04d is now available: http://opensite.winserver.com Plans for v1.04e - TOP SECRET! <grin> PS: To Joe Newcomer.... I downloaded AGENT to test it against wcLEX - WOW!!! It screamed! Pretty nice software! I can tell its handles the NNTP protocol very intelligently! -- HLS I tried the 1.0e version and get some error about a missing DLL. Like most of Microsoft's recent crap, it doesn't bother to say WHICH DLL is...

how to add a time
7:00 AM 5:00 PM should = 10 hrs However if i use the forumla posted by Oscar =SUM(I19-H19*24) I would get -6.291666667 Yikes Assuming your calculation will always be within the same calendar day, try this: =HOUR(H19)-HOUR(I19) "JohnC" wrote: > 7:00 AM 5:00 PM should = 10 hrs > > However if i use the forumla posted by Oscar > =SUM(I19-H19*24) > > I would get -6.291666667 > > Yikes > > > > > It should be =(I19-H19)*24 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JohnC" <JohnC@d...

Best way to have user with multiple mailboxes
I have a user "John" that has his own mailbox. He wants to have 2 more mailboxes that he can use to send automated messages. The mailboxes are "Scheduled Maintenance" and "Audits". He wants "Scheduled" to send automated messages to Test, Engineering, Purchasing to get equipment calibrated. He wants "Audits" to send messages to departments to review processes. Setting up the boxes are not a problem, however they appear in the address list and I do not want that. If I set the addresses to hidden, he can't use Outlook 2000 to open...

Example attachment for drop down menus and functions post
An example of what I'm trying to do, probably would help generate some better responses. Attachment filename: example.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=646989 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way .. Put in E6: =IF(OR(COUNTIF(C6:D6,"A")<>1,C6="",D6=""),"Recheck entries in col C and/or col D",OFFSET($H$5,MATCH(IF(D6<>"A",D6,C6),$G$6:$G$10,0),)) Copy E6 down to E9 The above assumes that point "A" (the starting point) will a...

recurring appointment that recurs every 10 years?
Is there anyway i can set up a recurring appointment that recurrs every 10 years? Is there a macro or something I can download? Thanks. Blakesq blakesq wrote: > Is there anyway i can set up a recurring appointment that recurrs > every 10 years? Is there a macro or something I can download? > Thanks. > > Blakesq > Will you still have outlook, or even Windows in ten years time? the most you can do is 8 yrs 3 months (recurring month option - max is 99 months). My biggest concern in doing long recurrences is will I be using Outlook in 20 or 30 yrs? :) On something lik...

Date/time stamp for entries in a contact's notes Outlook 2002
Does anyone know if Outlook has the ability to date/time stamp entries in a contact's notes? When taking notes in Outlook on topics/things I discuss with my customers I want to make sure that they are date/time stamped & therefore admissible into a court of law. Any ideas & insight anyone can lend me is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt holbrook@gmx.net http://www.poremsky.com/DateStamp.htm Matt wrote: > Does anyone know if Outlook has the ability to date/time > stamp entries in a contact's notes? When taking notes in > Outlook on topics/things I discuss...

Is there an easy way to create a calendar look up table in excel
I want different dates for milestones in a row of my excel file. Is there an easy way to create a date drop down table. When I click on the arrow for the drop down list a little monthly calender would pop up and I could choose the date I wanted from the calender. ...

Any way to get Freeze Panes to work with Split View?
Freeze Panes disappears if I split the view. Worse is if I try my general technique of selecting row or column prior to splitting view to split as I want it, it always does the opposite, and then when I do it again moves me to the top column losing my place (this if i try to do so with Freeze Panes on. I often need Freeze Top and Split Columns anyway to do so? You cannot split and freeze on same sheet in same window. One or the other. Posiible workaround.................Window>New Window. Split or freeze either or both windows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, ...

Posting to A Closed Year #2
I am attempting to post entries to December 2004 as a result of an audit. I have followed the instructions regarding "Posting to a Closed Year" but when I attempt this, I receive an error message that states "You cannot post more than one year prior to the first day of the earliest open year. Although we are presently in 2006, I have closed all of the periods in the Fiscal Periods Setup Window for all of the months and years with the exception of December 2004. Can anyone help? Thank you. The message tells you exactly what problem you are encountering!! You cannot post...

printing one lable at a time on sheet with six
I have a custom lable in publisher, I want to be able to print one only on a page of six at a time, like I can with Word lables. or import this pub lable into words lables list where I can print one on the page Start with a new work area and set the columns and rows to mimic the sheet of labels. Create a single label in the location that would use the label in the sheet. Put sheet of labels in the printer, Print. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "RMC" <RMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E310E176-1351-40AF-B43B-2B6034F4B7D8@microsoft.com... >...

Sharing Calendar without personal information
Happy New Year to you all I am not too sure whether this question has been asked or not, I wish to share my calender with a few people. My outlook calender contains both business and private information. Is there a way of sharing the outlook calender with business information only? Many thanks in advance Hemant Hemant;111319 Wrote: > Happy New Year to you all > > I am not too sure whether this question has been asked or not, I wish > to > share my calender with a few people. My outlook calender contains both > business and private information. Is t...

How do I post a question about the Forum itself?
Is there a meta-discussion group about the discussion groups themselves? I am specifically having the following problems: Search does not seem to work for me. I am trying to find posts that I have made, and Search doesn't find my display-name. I tried some other common display-names and the results are spotty, usually returning some very old articles. (If not by using Search, how else might I find all my own posts?) Email notification does not seem to work for me. I have a verified email address in my profile and have posted questions, but even though I have clicked ...

trouble posting tothis group
I've been posting successfully to ms.public.access, but my posts here are not getting though. This is a test post after unsubscribing / resubscribing to see if it gets through. Hi, Sometimes you might experience dificulties but it works "Clif McIrvin" wrote: > I've been posting successfully to ms.public.access, but my posts here > are not getting though. > > This is a test post after unsubscribing / resubscribing to see if it > gets through. > > > . > Thanks for responding. It's curions that this message we...

Is there a way to download Hotmail & Yahoo mails to Outllook?
Is there a way to check and download mails to Outlook from Hotmail/MSN and Yahoo accounts? -- Srini Iyer Srini Iyer <siyerxp@msn.com> wrote: > Is there a way to check and download mails to Outlook from > Hotmail/MSN and Yahoo accounts? What version of Outlook? The general answer is "yes", but with specific versions of Outlook it sometimes can't be done. -- Brian Tillman ...

Multiple If or Case
Hi, I would like to put multiple reports in an If statement without using multiple ElseIf's (I have a few ElseIf's already). This is in a On_Click event. I have several with reports with similar names and was wondering if there is some wildcard I could use ie. If strDoc = ("*_report*) Then or is there a way to use "Or" in the structure ie. If strDoc = ("XYZ_report1" Or "XXX_report2" Or "XYZ_report3") Then I've tried these and get "Type mismatch" or nothing (I haven't trapped the error yet) Would Select Case be a...

Be able to turn OFF the auto post to GL for PPV
We have items that fluctuate in price\cost quite often, we do not want these to post each time to GL we need this flag turned off. We would like an option to turn this off and generate a report only, similiar to how it functioned in version 8.0. This causes us to have to reverse all these entries making for a full time job. Anyone know of how to turn this posting off? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

CDateTimeCtrl without year?
Is it possible to create a CDateTimeCtrl object that doesn't show the year? I want the user to pick a month and day, but the year is irrelevant. -Eric Send the control a DTM_SETFORMAT message and use a format string that doesn't contain a year. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/datetime/messages/dtm_setformat.asp -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eric Adem" <...

I have to repeat my password for e-mail every time, how do i get .
Every time I go to my inbox I have to put in my password. It is very frustrating but I don't know how to get rid of it. I am using outlook express. windows xp. and I have a compac cp. I do have service pack 2 installed and all updates are ok. my ISP server tells me I have a glitch on that program and that I have to reinstall this e-mail account. I would try to do that but how do I uninstall outlook express and then reinstall it again. My server told me to do that. Outlook express came with my cp. so I do not have a disk or cd to put in and reinstall it. Any help anyone can give me...

Is there a way to turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word?
As I'm typing a million things are happening. The find and replace box is opening, the text is centering, italicizing. I'm not a sloppy typer. And I'm not hitting the control key. Its driving me crazy. Please help. On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:22:01 -0800, what the heck <what the heck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >As I'm typing a million things are happening. The find and replace box is >opening, the text is centering, italicizing. I'm not a sloppy typer. And I'm >not hitting the control key. Its driving me crazy. Please help. You ...

phone time match with outlook when syncing
I am using outlook and want to sync with my lg chocolate touch. Syncing is working but times are different on the phone and calendar. Any ideas? I checked time zone in outlook and it was set to eastern with daylight savings on. Thanks. Dale What time zone is the phone using? How many hours are the appointments off by? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslet...

How do I add/remove main menu selections at run time?
I need to be able to add main menu items: ID, Caption and Prompt (as well as control properties) under program control. How might I accomplish this, or is there a Knowlegebase article that covers this topic? AVee wrote: > I need to be able to add main menu items: ID, Caption and Prompt (as well as > control properties) under program control. How might I accomplish this, or is > there a Knowlegebase article that covers this topic? This may be what you are looking for: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/dynitems.asp (c: Thanks, Mark (great emoticon!). This example in Code Project ...

Printing Excel Formulas without file paths updating
I have numerous spreadsheets that need to be printed showing the formulas. However, some of the formulas are derived using a link to a different spreadsheet (not created on our network). When we open the sheet and choose to not update the links, the spreadhseet opens, and when we view the formulas they appear. However, the file path for some of the formulas also appears using my network information (e.g. c:\documents and settings\name, etc....). Is there a way to retain the original path information? Thank you. ...

prevent Outlook from initiating each time I start the computer!
After installing service pack 2, Otlook 2002 starts each time I start or restart the PC. I looked up articles and checked 4 places with no success! 1] msconfig [to disable startup programs in the systemin.ini, win.ini, boot.ini, services] 2] Windows Registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] 3] Windows win.ini 4] Windows Services I uninstalled and reinstalled the Office programs, but to no avail. What else could initiate the outlook.exe? Thanks for your help! DD Start, All Programs, Startup folder? Pocket PC using ActiveSync will load Outlook, possibly Palm devices too. "DD" <dd@...

How to open Excel file without Excel?
My daughter e-mailed me a spreadsheet in Excel but I don't have Excel resident on my home PC. I have Windows 98 sysm and it's related programming (Microsoft Works, Money, etc. etc.) Is there any way to open this spreadsheet in another program or convert the spreadsheet into a readable format? Is it possible I have Excel on my system but don't know it? If all you want to do is view the file, you could use the free viewer from MS: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx busybuddy wrote: > > My daughter e-mailed me a spreadsheet in Excel but I don...