The word limit is too short. 175-225. Can you write 1,000 words?

I'm struggling and frustrating myself with creating a newsletter in
publisher.   I have articles that I have written that are all 1,000 words or
so.  Is this too many words for newsletter articles?   Publisher only allows
175-225 per section.   This would be a MAJOR editing job to cut down to this
level.  Furthermore, significant information will be lost.   I suppose
articles are supposed to be short and to the point when creating a
'newsletter.'   Your suggestion/comment will be appreciated.

Ken
0
kenny (34)

You can write a book in Publisher, what you need to do is link your text boxes.
Working with text
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524571033.aspx
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Kenny" <Kenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm struggling and frustrating myself with creating a newsletter in
> publisher.   I have articles that I have written that are all 1,000 words or
> so.  Is this too many words for newsletter articles?   Publisher only allows
> 175-225 per section.   This would be a MAJOR editing job to cut down to this
> level.  Furthermore, significant information will be lost.   I suppose
> articles are supposed to be short and to the point when creating a
> 'newsletter.'   Your suggestion/comment will be appreciated.
>
> Ken

0
gsauer (5093)

Business portal
When adding a user i am recieving an error - can not add the user because a user with that name already exists. The user does not exist in MbfUser. Also, this user was previously active in business portal but tied to a different windows logon. I am using BP sp3, with GP 8.0 sp3. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Pauline, Thank you for posting to the news group. You may also want to check the following tables in the Dynamics database: MbfUserWindowsIdentity MbfRoleUser MbfUserSetting -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks,...

Can domain users RDP to domain controllers?
Hi guys Can I check with you guys if by default can a domain users RDP to a domain controller? I tried putting the account into the remote desktop users group which has the allow logon via terminal services. I also grant it the "allow logon locally" rights. But while I am able to log on to the DC locally with that account, I am not able to RDP into it. Is only domain admins able to RDP to DC only? Regards -- Domon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/48096.htm View t...

can't view page in browser
site is www.bridgeoflife.us I can see the site with firefox but can't see anything with IE8 everything was working fine until a few hours ago. any suggestions -- steve The page will only display in IE if the user has Publisher 2003 installed. I have Publisher 2007, so cannot see the page. Firefox, Opera, Safari etc ignore IE specific conditional comments, so are not affected. Do NOT use Publisher (or any other Office program other than FrontPage) to build websites - this ALWAYS leads to problems. In your page, look for <![if pub11]> and <![endif]&g...

I can send but I cant receive email?
I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? My car won't run. Any suggestions? "sara jo" <sara jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA72D41A-47C8-4A48-A61C-59C5286FD898@microsoft.com... :I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? sara jo wrote: > I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? You really thought anyone could troubleshoot your problem with such a ridiculous absence of details? --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourse...

AutoUpdate Not Seeing 12.0.1
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is anyone having the problem where AutoUpdate does not see Office 2008 Update 12.0.1? I've run it manually, and it shows no needed updates. I've also, manually downloaded the AutoUpdate 2.1.1 update and applied it manually again, but still no updates available. I'm a little at a loss. On 3/11/08 10:16 PM, in article ee93612.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Zerocool@officeformac.com" <Zerocool@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Process...

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

can u convert a mac font to pc for me? (reply and i'll send it to ur e mail)
I doubt anyone will respond positively to your request. Fonts are usually copyrighted, and converting them would be a violation of that copyright. This is especially true if the font is a commercial font. Can you not find a Mac equivalent? I believe I've run across freeware converters for just this purpose. You might try versiontracker. I know I found something to convert some fonts I absolutely needed in a bind (but I have since forgotten). "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:elqKvj0cFHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > In addition,...

Word Documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, How do I make tool bars appear automatically upon opening a new document? Each time I open a new or previously saved document I have to re-open my tool bar. I have been unable to find where I can make the tool bar freeze in place and open when I open documents. I am a college student with lots of papers to write. This gets cumbersome after a while. Please help. Thank you Wendy. Click the oval button at the right end of a document window to turn off Apple's poorly documented & unidentified 'minimize...

Counting words............
How can I give the total of how many times a word appears in a column? -- Smokey_Vol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Smokey_Vol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495182 have a look at =COUNTIF( -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Smokey_Vol" <Smokey_Vol.20eapy_1135177209.4582@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Smokey_Vol.20eapy_1135177209.4582@excelforum-nospam.com... > >...

how do you rotate a visio drawing in word?
It's easy to insert a visio drawing into Microsfot word, but it doesn't seem possible to rotate the drawing...? zoom out to see full page, hold ctrl key down, place cursor via mouse to corner of drawing page, see cursor pointer change to curved arrow, drag to rotate page, angle shows in bottom left corner of screen, angle accuracy controlled as usual. "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAFD2CD7-C9A7-4F21-9425-42B9616A7BDC@microsoft.com... > It's easy to insert a visio drawing into Microsfot word, but it doesn't > seem > po...

Compress pictures in word 2000
Hi How can i compress the pictures in my document using word 2000. I can not find it in format picture and am now at a loss -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie ...

Q: how can I write this macro?
Hello, I am trying to copy-paste a part of an excel file based on the selected cell and create another excel file and save it. Here is the scenario: 1. I clicked E18 (this is an example, it can be D18 or others) and run the macro 2. Macro should select E1-E18 (if D18, then D1-D18) and A1-B18 (so first two columns and selected column up to the row the cell selected) 3. copy selected area 4. Create a file test.xls 5. paste it into first cell (I assume this will combine all three columns together, so the data will be in A.B and C columns, not in A,B and E (or D)) 6. save file How can I do t...

Can't See Word Check Boxes in Outlook
I have a Word Document that I wish to send via the File->Send To->Mail Recipient once it is filled in. The document has questions that require the User to select a check box for the different selections (Excellent, Good, Poor, Very Poor). When I send the document, the check boxes show up in Outlook, however when the email arrives the check boxes are no longer there. Is there a way to have the check boxes show up in the email, or, are they somehow being stripped? ...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

Help please, can't start up!!
When I start the PC, after the loading bar for Microsoft thing finishes,instead of going to login screen it gives me a blue screen, and it says Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. This just happened overnight!!!! Help please. :( -- Excessive Here are some hints ( 'Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793437.aspx) ). Try starting the system in safe mode (keep tapping F8 after power-on). -- whs Additional info: - I use Spyware Doctor scan every few days - I left my computer on for the night like always,and ...

IIS OWA HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? Here is the fix!! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;883380 >-----Original Message----- >We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to >ac...

Can you load pre-GP sales history?
When converting to GP from another system, is it possible to load historical sales data (assuming the invoices are all paid)? We'd like to be able to create life-to-date detailed sales reports for our customers, but in order to do so we'd have to load their purchases prior to our installation of GP. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Sure! Simply import the transactions. "Bud" wrote: > When converting to GP from another system, is it possible to load historical > sales data (assuming the invoices are all paid)? > ...

Can't see text box fill colour
I have recently reloaded Office Small Business following a hard drive crash. I made some changes to display in Control Panel Accessibility this time that weren't there before. I've changed back to default but the problem continues. Previously I could fill or border text boxes and see the results in both normal view and print preview. Now the fill/border colour is only visible in print preview. Borders appear as black and fills as white in normal view. Text colours are unaffected. This is making life difficult as white text in a black fill just disappears until I go to pr...

how do you insert a document in words 2007
I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. Insert - Object -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Likita Rucker" <Likita Rucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3892AD59-4452-4199-BC8E-31AE4220B6A7@microsoft.com... >I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. If you click Insert > Object and pick Object from the dropdown, you'll get only the first page of the insert because an "object" can't cross a page boun...

Word as Editor in OL 2003
I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. Never mind. "hank" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:OlbM9zNvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a > setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. > Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. > > ...

Writing XML File from Dataset
Read many of the posting but still doen't understand the process. I have a dataset with child records. I have a specific XML "Account.XSD" format that I need to write this out to. How do I marry these (2) items to create the output file. Dim dataSet As DataSet = New DataSet("AccountRecord") PremisesAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Premises") SupAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Supplemental") cn.Close() Dim AccountRecord As DataRelation = dataSet.Relations.Add("Prem_Species", _ data...

Can't open spreadsheet from website
I can't open an Excel 2000 document in IE6. An Excel window opens but the spreadsheet won't display. The document contains several worksheets and one contains a textbox (which might be a problem). I need to be able to view, from this website, 22 worksheets per catagory with 4 catagories total. Help!!! ...

how to only show first 20 words of a memo field
I have a memo field on a form, how can i show the first 30 characters and add 3 periods after the first 30 words. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200711/1 Use the Left function and add 3 periods: Left(string, length) & "..." "sheniece via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > I have a memo field on a form, how can i show the first 30 characters and > add 3 periods after the first 30 words. > > -- > Message posted via AccessMonster.com > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...

Mail in Outbox can take several hours to go out
Using Outlook 2000 on WinXP Pro system. Outgoing mail sits in the Outbox for two or more hours before it goes out and appears in sent mail. Occasionally outgoing mail will not go out at all. This occurs with both new email or replies. Receive mail okay. Just a send problem. Anyone have an idea what is going on? wow... that is awesome... unfortunately, Outlook did not enterthe birthdays into the Calendar for the imported contacts, it only does it for each contact created in outlook... hehe... I will get it though; thank you very much for finding that for me, it will still...