The text in the inserted text box doesn't print

When I type text into the text box and then print, the added text doesn't
show on the printed copy
0
SS (61)

It is possible the added text doesn't fit the text box, have you tried expanding
the text box?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"SS" <SS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I type text into the text box and then print, the added text doesn't
> show on the printed copy

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Rich Text control formatted as bold??
I have a control field on my form that is setup as textformat = rich text. In the memo field on the form I need specific parts of the text to show up as bold. Upon form load I am populating the field with string data such as: Me.MyTextBox = "This is a test string generation." I need to set bold only one or two words of this string. The way I understood it was that if I was using Rich Text format it would convert the formatting to HTML style. But I don't see and havent found examples HTML formatting like [b] [/b] working in VBA. What is the correct way I can do t...

Inserting photos in the MS Exel
Hello, I almoast complete my application that includes inserting photos in the document. Som photos happens to be large that makes Excel file too fat and Excel eventualy copaps. Below is rutine I use to insert photo. I wonder if there may be any modifications that insereted photo will be reduced to 200 dpi when inserted. This is possible when photo is inserted manualy. I do not know how to make this automatically... I mean in the code. Another solution may be to check size of phto that is about to be inserted and to denay users to insrert larger photos than 150 Kb?? Any help is much...

Writing text to a CMDIFrameWnd
Hi All I'm trying to display some information about my main window in the control bar, specifically the magnification and the x & y coordinates of the mouse. After some work I got the Combo Box that displays the magnification working but I'm stumped on the coordinates. First thing is the VC++ class wizard doesn't seem to generate a DoDataExchange function for CMDIFrameWnds so I had to write it myself, but once I did, the ComboBox was happy. I've defined the mouse coordinates as static text, IDC_XVAL and ICD_YVAL, in the Dialog bar, though they don't show up as the ...

select case to replace text with different text
I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to do the following: if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS if I type g in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with GIDGETS seems like it should be simple but I can't come up with the code. On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:28:54 -0600, "John" <nodak457@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to >do the following: > >if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS >if ...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Getting date stored as text into real date?
A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet function that will change this to an Excel-recognized date? Or a macro? The error checking doesn't flag this. Ed With your text date in A1, try this in B1: =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),(RIGHT(A1,2)) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 1:12 pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of > the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet > function t...

Print or Print Preview not showing text
Print or Print Preview not showing text using PP2007 just released SP2 for office Now when we try to use print or print preview only see some of the text headers. None of the text is showing or the background or images, using built in templates. Worked bofore After testing, I found I have to set the color/greyscale - to colour to actually use the print preview. But it previews in grey scale, can't even see the preview in color. Unless I also go into printer settings and change that to color then get colour in preview. If I set it to grey scale and my printer is a ...

How to print a multiple page two sided small booklet, 4.5x5.5"
Publisher 03 has a folded card that uses standard 8.5x11" paper and after printing folds to a card size 4.5 x 5.5" What I need is to create a non folded "booklet" version which can have multiple pages (more than 8), printed on front and back. Essentially the same as the 8.5x5" program booklets (found in File/Page Setup/publication type:booklet) which print multiple pages now, but smaller and capable of printing front to back pages to either be folded into a booklet (one fold on center pages) or cut and bound into a booklet. I'm trying to build a small boo...

sum and times within text boxes
I want to multiply text boxs ie 4(1box)x $1.00(2box)=Total $4.00 (3box). I also want sum total (5 text boxes) for grand total. Is this feasible on form?? Thanks On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:58:01 -0800, He cries for help <Hecriesforhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Have you tried an expression like: =[1box] * [2box] (assuming your control names are 1box and 2box. This expression would go in 3box' Control Source property. -Tom. >I want to multiply text boxs ie 4(1box)x $1.00(2box)=Total $4.00 (3box). >I also want sum total (5 text boxes) for grand total. > >Is this ...

Bank Management
Hi, My client uses the Bank Management module, and for some unknown reason they have a problem with one specific user - this user when they go to the Bank Reconcile window do not see any transactions. However as another user, the transactions are clearly visible. Also if the user logs into the problem users machine as themaelves, they too can see the transactions, indicating it is a problem with the user and not machine. Any ideas? Neil Palmer ...

Printing EXCEL items in WORD
Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the gridlines to print. Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions are checked. What should I do? I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word. In Word: select a cell in the table Table|Select|Table Format|borders and shading|borders tab check the All icon. The gridlines in Word don't print. Word's help says to use borders. (I just checked.) Old Red One wrote: > > Excel seems to work bett...

Printing
I am receiving an error message: An operation on table 'CN_Printer_Settings' failed because the path does not exist. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? ...

How to Wrap Text
I have a 267 characters texts field. MS Excel 2007 will not show all the texts. It showed a bunch of ## symbols in the cell. I have tried several tutorials on how to wrap texts but it didn't work. I have tried these: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-wrap-excel-2007-data-to-see-all-the-text.html http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/how-to-wrap-text-in-ms-word-2007-and-ms-excel-2007/ http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Wrap-Really-Long-Text-in-Excel-110694838 And it didn't work. The cell still shows the ## symbols. Any help is appreciated. Format the cel...

Check Boxes and Radio buttons on Worksheet
I just discovered that I can drop check box directly on a worksheet. I can make it do what I want, in a single instance, but I was wondering there was a way to make them act like formulas, in that I would like to attach the checkbox directly to a cell physically, and, incorporate it's TRUE/FALSE output in a formula, then be able to copy a whole row or column of cells containing the checkbox and formula ...and other data perhaps in a very general way. in other words havethe control behave as if it were the contents of a cell...Make sense? I don't want to have to write code or ...

insert xml element in a speicific location
let's say i have a xml file <root> <stuff id='1'> <stuff1> </stuff1> </stuff> </root> how do i insert new <stuff2>element and atrribute after stuff1 dotnetnoob wrote: > let's say i have a xml file > > <root> > <stuff id='1'> > <stuff1> > </stuff1> > </stuff> > </root> > > how do i insert new <stuff2>element and atrribute after stuff1 You can do that with the DOM e.g. (C#) XmlDocument xmlDocument = new XmlDocument(); xmlDocument.Load(...

CHANGING LEGEND TEXT
I wish to change the text in the legend box from say- (Series 1) to (MPG) or anything that has a relevance to the graph. This was done easily in Works Spreadsheet and previous versions of Excel. Using 2007 Student & Home version. Hi, Select the chart and use the ribbon Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data On the dialog select the appropriate series and Edit. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mareng" <mareng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDF2E10C-04F5-411E-94C0-2504B48C1900@microsoft.com... &...

Help with formula containing text
Hi I need some help on the following. I have a column of text, linked to other worksheets, that is continuously changing. I need to be alert if the same piece of text appears in the column more than twice, e.g. Tom Tom Jane Mary Mary Tom "ALERT" Thanks Mike -- mlhynes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mlhynes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12959 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401787 Mike Visit Chip Pearson's site for much help on duplicates. Fin...

When I print invitations, the guidelines are printing.
Does anyone know how to make the guidelines not print on my card stock? When you go to Print, go to File > Print > Advanced Print Settings > Page Settings > Printer's Marks and uncheck crop marks. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "cudivermom" <cudivermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB1F34F0-BB74-4107-8E80-DB133F96699A@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to make the guidelines not print on my card stock? ...

Insert Trigger to Update Value of Column in Inserted Row
I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of a column in the inserted row with the value of a column from another database table. The table into which the row is inserted does not have a primary key match with the other database table. The two tables can be related through a join to a third table. "CarlC" <CarlC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834D03E6-84CA-4CF3-9781-12FA18713940@microsoft.com... >I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of >a > column in the inserted ...

Problems with Colour Printing
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets containing colour formatting (including graphs) that is regularly printed out in colour and greyscale. The problem I have is that when I need to print out several sheets simultaneously I uncheck the "Greyscale" option under print options and have the print job come out in colour. To print multiple selected sheets in colour I need to change the print options for each individual sheet (about 10 in all) to colour (non- greyscale). One strange peculiarity of this is that some of the sheets will not need to be "Unchecked"...

How do I hide text beyond the last column in Excel?
In the last column of spreadsheet, if the text goes beyond the column boundary, how is the text truncated in the next cell. I know you can enter blanks in the next column, and that will achieve the desired effect, but that's not an optimal solution for us. Could you just hide all of the columns to the right of those cells? Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "GetVigilant-Jon" wrote: > In the last column of spreadsheet, if the text goes beyond the column > boundary, how is the text truncated in the next cell. I know you can enter > blanks in the next colum...

How do I print backgrounds on publisher 2003 with a deskjet print.
>-----Original Message----- > >. > Everything visible on the page should print. ...

Pop Box
I use a third party product that sends emails using outlook express whe an error occurs. I used to use OE 5.** but have since upgraded to IE which means that OE has also been upgraded to OE6. Now when ever I ge an error message I get pop-up box from OE asking me if I wish to sen this email? This never used to appear and I was wondering if there wa anyway to get rid of this feature. I have attached the pop-up messag +---------------------------------------------------------------- | Attachment filename: outlook-send.zip |Download attachment: http://www.outl...

How can I print the properties for PowerPoint files?
-- Sue If you posted this in the PowerPoint newsgroup, someone may be able to help you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B50A8B7F-C8EC-4095-96B6-9147817D9907@microsoft.com... > > -- > Sue ...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...