the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

When I try to install Office 2000 disk 2 I get the above
message.  I'm signed on as Administrator, I've set all the
policies, I can install any other program (including disk
1), and I've tried setting up another user with
administrator priveledges.  I'm using W2k, svc pack 4.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ed
0
anonymous (74722)

As in the Office newsgroup.

donotknock (1941)
1/20/2004 9:43:03 PM
As in Publisher

"���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> As in the Office newsgroup.

Can't download hotmail messages after installing Explorer 7
I'm running Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP-2 and have not been able to download my Hotmail folders/messages since installing Internet Explorer (ver. 7.0.5730.11IS). Goes on a loop requesting username and password for the hotmail server. I have no problem accessing my Hotmail account via the long way Any comments/suggestions? Callaway <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm running Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP-2 and have not been able to > download my Hotmail folders/messages since installing Internet > Explorer (ver. 7.0.5730.11IS). Goes on a loop requesting userna...

Change the Default Language Setting
Is it possible to set the language to 'English (Australia)' so it will be the default across all office applications? I keep having to change it manually in outlook at the moment. ...

Set Number of Previous Documents under FILE
When I open Excel and click on FILE on the menu bar, it only shows 4 previously opened documents. I want it to show 8-10 but can't find any options to change it. Can it be done? I have the student and teacher edition 2003. <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, Change number of entries by the "RecentlyUsedFileList". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Prevent automatic launch of Reviewing toolbar in Excel.
How do I prevent the apparently automatic launch of the Reviewing toolbar in Excel? Mike, In the workbook open event, or the autoopen macro, of your personal.xls, use the line: Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Enabled = False This property is reset everytime that Excel closes, so you need to invoke it everytime you start Excel. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Mike N." <Mike N.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9435B6F5-88CB-4B32-BDDE-55C45206DFAE@microsoft.com... > How do I prevent the apparently automatic launch of the Reviewing toolbar in >...

Preventing Upgrade Conversion
We've been running Access 97 for some time now, we have some 300+ DBs in it. Some are production grade systems that cannot be easily upgraded due to a swath of custom programming. However, we have some that NEED to be upgraded to memory and performance issues. We want to jump into Access 2003 but maintain Access 97 for as long as necessary as we migrate all the databases over. The risk is that if a user attempts to open an unconverted DB using Access 2003, they will be prompted to convert it. It's way to easy for a user to get click-happy and convert it. Then bam ... the da...

Help--Calendar Assistant won't install
My calendar won't print in the month view. I'm trying to install the assistant and get stuck when the message says "Outlook must be closed" It is closed, and I also checked the start-up menu. I've checked programs in the Control Panel and Calendar Printing Assistant isn't there. I'm using Visa, and Office 2007 Enterprise. Would appreciate help with this. Thank you. Sorry. Answered my own question. I finally after, say, 58 attempts to install this program, I opened Task Manager, and indeed, there were two OUTLOOK.EXE. files running in the backgro...

Need to set up ID on Outlook Express
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=56dc2f64-f688-4919-a5ea-23b1a55eb054&dg=microsoft.public.outlook Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook i...

How to set up two accounts with one brokerage?
I am using MS Money 2003. I have two accounts with one online brokerage. One is my 401k and one is just some stocks. In order to log in, I have to use a different user name and password depending which account I want to access. The problem is, MS Money only allows me to enter one user name and password for each brokerage. I change the online properties of each MS Money account one at a time, but the changes do not stick. Both accounts wind up with the user name and password of the account I changed last? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. In microsoft...

Install Beta over latest German version?
Hello, I really would like to test the new beta. Is it possible to install it over the current installed German version? Will I be able to install the final German version over this beta so I get back the German interface? Thanks & and best regards I have almost the same question - i originally had Windows7-ultimate English, then installed the German language pack, then installed Windows Live (and WLM which "thought automatically" that it should be German). Now i also wonder what actually happens if i install the beta. Or rather wait until Windows Update ...

Manage System Custom Links
In order to be compliant, security has been removed to maintenance windows, however the users need access to the inquiry window to view information. Unfortunately, the system has set links to maintenance windows. I have customization code to close the maintenance window and open the inquiry window through Modifer with VBA, but this would involve modifying all the windows linked to a particuler maintenance window. I would like to have the ability to manage where the links go to or the ability to add additional links to additional windows through an administrative screen. An example would...

Messange Bounced by Administrator
Hi!! I installed sp1 for exchang 2003 and updates after de sp1, recently I have been geting messages: The following message to <mail> was undeliverable. The reason for the problem: 5.x.0 - Message bounced by administrator any ideas? Hi, "ardilla" <ardillapaw@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23E6XWZbGFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi!! > > I installed sp1 for exchang 2003 and updates after de sp1, recently I have > been geting messages: > > > The following message to <mail> was undeliverable. > > The reason for t...

Set mailbox permissions individually?
Hi! We deployed Exchnage 2003 + SP2 on W2K3 domain. Is there any posibility te set permissions on folders/subfolders etc. of a mailbox individually from Exchange Server (not from client)? Best Regards Mustafa No. If you need to set granular permissions at the folder level, you have to use Outlook. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D004BDFD-9845-4ECF-851A-C2143FE4EC61@microsoft.com... > Hi! > We deploye...

Outlook 2003 Install
I recently removed Outlook XP from my machine and installed Outlook 2003 RTM. It immediately started complaining it could not connect to the Exchange server. I tried removing and reinstalling Office 2003. No success. I also tried removing the MAPI profile and recreating it. When I get to the server & account name dialog and hit "check name", an error message comes back: "The action could not be completed. The connection to the Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." I did all the usual troubleshooting: ping, check ...

How to set exchange mailbox size limit
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C41BDF.30CC9F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I set a big 3 gb mailbox for just one user in Echange 2003 Thnaks ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C41BDF.30CC9F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-...

Set focus in a specific record within a subform
I have a main form with a subform. The subform contains multiple records and a hidden unique id which ties it to the main form. After I enter data into a field on the subform, I am requering the main form. I would like the focus to remain on the subform on the specific record the user is editing. I have been able to get the focus to remain the subform however, the focus jumps to the first record. Any ideas? This is my code: Private Sub MP_Reserve_AfterUpdate() Forms!Liability.Form.Requery Forms!Liability!ClmntInfoForm!.SetFocus Forms!Liability!ClmntInfoForm!.Form![BI ...

How can save a stationery created using a Publisher design set to.
How can save a stationery created using a Publisher design set to be used as my Outlook stationery? What version Publisher? Select all, right-click, click save as a picture. In older versions, select all, copy and paste to a Paint program. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCADC78B-C5A3-406E-820D-53910CBB5BDF@microsoft.com... > How can save a stationery created using a Publisher design set to be used as > my Outlook stationery? ...

Setting up account balances
I have just installed GP and now I need to set up my beginning balances. I am want to show a debit to checking for $22,000 and a credit to Capitol for $22,000 ,,,how do I do this. How do I journalize this. I am an old school accountant. It depends on if you have the Bank Reconciliation module. If you do, you should enter a Bank Transaction so your checkbook and GL cash account are updated. If you do not have this module, then you enter a GL journal entry. -- Charles Allen, MVP "michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > I have just installed GP and now I need to set up my beginnin...

SP2 Broke My OWA Install ????? What the H***?
So we ran the sp2 install and everything seem to be working fine untill I got a call letting me know that someone could not use Web Access to check their email. So I am looking into it and find that I can check my web access with firefox but see no web page fluff. All buttons are empty. However links work and I can read text. If I use IE to connect I can basically see outline of the links at the left and top of the main inbox frame/page whatever. But none of the links work and i can not actually see the email messages like I do in firefox. Outlook users are having no problems with email. Th...

Microsoft keyboard 1000 failed installation
I purchased MIcrosoft optical keyboard and mouse edition 100. The cd software disc stopped during installation with error 1603. Previous installed ver for keyboard and mouse combo is 5.2 for the oler 1000 edition. I run windows xp and sp2. Need help plz lol Not a Media Center related question, as you just purchased the product call the included support number or repost to public.mshardware.product. -- -- "FLASH2u" <FLASH2u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC9758AD-9609-4806-8FDC-9BA532C3CCD7@microsoft.com... >I purchased MIcrosoft ...

What is the Diff between "Recipient Update Policy and RUS"
Hi, I am very much confuged about the Diff between "Recipient Update Policy" and RUS. Please guide me... The Recipient Update Service makes the changes specified by the various recipient policies. There is no "Recipient Update Policy" unless you have a recipient policy you gave that name. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <manish@nuis.com> wrote in message news:uaHWucmCHHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am very much confuged about the Diff between "Recipient Update > ...

In Search of
Due to a hardward failure, I am backing up all essential data in anticpation of sending my computer out for repair. Is there a way to back up ALL of my Outlook XP settings so that I can restore them when the computer returns? In the past, I have been able to recover my mail/contacts/etc. from the .pst files, but my account settings and rules must be re-entered. Secondly, can Outlook generate a report of mail accounts and settings? Thanks, sct in win98 those settings are kept in windows\application data\microsoft\outlook\ in winxp they are in documents and settings\"your name"...

Where is install log at in 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I know in office 2004, there was a folder called instal log (or something close). Where did that go in office 2008? "kehrer1701@officeformac.com" wrote: > I know in office 2004, there was a folder called instal log (or something > close). Where did that go in office 2008? The AutoUpdate originally had a tab that showed "installed updates." That was removed, I assume as a result of problems. Download this script that will show you Office version info. Note there are different scripts for Offi...

Stand Alone Policies
Can Multiple Local Group Policy Objects be applied to a computer which is a member of the domain? or is it applicable on to computers in a workgroup/stand alone?? If they can be applied to computers in a domain, what will be the processing order? Domain Policy and then MLGPO?? Kaisen wrote: > Can Multiple Local Group Policy Objects be applied to a computer > which is a member of the domain? or is it applicable on to computers > in a workgroup/stand alone?? > > If they can be applied to computers in a domain, what will be the > processing order? Domain Po...

Page Set-Up
I'm using Publisher 2003, XP and recently was working on an 8 1/2 X 14 " document. Now whenever I open publisher it defaults to 8 1/2 x 14" page. How do I reset it to always open as an 8 1/2 x 11 " page? The default page setup is determined by your default print setup. Open the printer folder, right-click the default printer, click printing preferences, change the printing preference to letter stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Surelyknot" <Surelyknot@discussions.microsoft.com...

ASP.NET & Excel Rpt
Hello there, We've currently got a reporting module built in VB6 that creates reports directly in MS Excel format by directly opening the excel application ,then creating line by line of data and charting, all with vb calls. This works well but of course required Excel to be installed on the machine. We're now going to turn this into a web application, and are hoping to simply change the interface and call all of the same code which will be placed in a DLL. My question is, does anyone know of any potential issues with installing MS Excel on an ASP web server? Is th...