The saved file opens as an old version of the file

I am having an issue with saving a publisher file and then when I email it to
another computer the file opens as an old version of the file.  We have tried
saving the file as a different file name each time we make adjustments but it
still doesn't work.

We are both running Publisher 2003 but I am on vista and the other computer
is XP.

Please help!!!
0
Laura (120)

What makes you believe the file is changing versions? The file will save in
the version you select when doing the Save operation.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having an issue with saving a publisher file and then when I email it
> another computer the file opens as an old version of the file.  We have
> tried
> saving the file as a different file name each time we make adjustments but
> it
> still doesn't work.
>
> We are both running Publisher 2003 but I am on vista and the other
> computer
> is XP.
>
> Please help!!!

0
Engineer5094 (821)
4/29/2009 7:01:38 PM
There is something you do not understabnd about files ansd saving or
somthing you are not telling us.
If you correctly save a modified version of a file  then the next time you
open it it will be the modified version and XP and Vista are not important
in this case.

If you are using Outlook (and most likely other Mail clients ) then the
version of your file  stored on your hard disk at the time you insert it
into your email will be the one sent.
If you change the file after composing the email the changes will NOT be in
the version sent.

John G.

"Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having an issue with saving a publisher file and then when I email it
> another computer the file opens as an old version of the file.  We have
> tried
> saving the file as a different file name each time we make adjustments but
> it
> still doesn't work.
>
> We are both running Publisher 2003 but I am on vista and the other
> computer
> is XP.
>
> Please help!!!

0