Textbox printing all black on Ricoh printer

I just recently upgraded to publisher 2003 from a precious version.  I use a
RIcoh printer that has always worked fine printing my work from the previous
version of publisher.  Since the upgrade, text boxes that have a border and
no fill are printing as black rectangles on the Ricoh printer but print
correctly on a Savin and Lexmark printer that i can also print to.  If I
remove the border, the text prints fine on the Ricoh.  I also get the same
effect if I draw a rectangle with no fill and print it on the Ricoh printer.

This Ricoh printer is the one that  I have to use for publisher and I need
to be able to border text boxes but have not found a reason for this bizarre
behavior when it works correctly on all other printers.  Text boxes in MS
WORD and other applications print fine on this printer.  It is only in
publisher2003 that I am seeing this behavior.  I would appreciate any input
on why this is occurring and how to fix it.  TIA.
0
EADKINS (1)

Have you gone to Ricoh for help or perhaps a new driver. When you start your
publication are you selecting the Ricoh printer before you create your page?
http://www.ricoh-usa.com/support/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"EADKINS" <EADKINS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just recently upgraded to publisher 2003 from a precious version.  I use a
> RIcoh printer that has always worked fine printing my work from the previous
> version of publisher.  Since the upgrade, text boxes that have a border and
> no fill are printing as black rectangles on the Ricoh printer but print
> correctly on a Savin and Lexmark printer that i can also print to.  If I
> remove the border, the text prints fine on the Ricoh.  I also get the same
> effect if I draw a rectangle with no fill and print it on the Ricoh printer.
>
> This Ricoh printer is the one that  I have to use for publisher and I need
> to be able to border text boxes but have not found a reason for this bizarre
> behavior when it works correctly on all other printers.  Text boxes in MS
> WORD and other applications print fine on this printer.  It is only in
> publisher2003 that I am seeing this behavior.  I would appreciate any input
> on why this is occurring and how to fix it.  TIA.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Printing multiple attachment straignt from outlook
Hello, Is there any solution of selecting multiple attachment in a message and print them all at once. Instead of copying them to a folder and then select all print. Regards WDV try highlighting them all if u can left click on the one attachment then keep holding control (CTRL) button down and clicking on all the attachments then when and if u get them all highlighted u should beable to right click on an attachment that is highlighted and click on print. by all means they should print all together without you having to print one at a time good luck. "_Wernich de Villiers&quo...

Print to web publication
I am using Publisher 2003. My file keeps automatically converting to a web publication. It was created originally as a web publication, and I chose to convert to a print publication. Now every time I open it, it reverts back to a web publication. Short of starting from scratch, I'm left with scratching my head as my only solution... Here's what I've tried: * converting to print publication and saving * converting to print publication and saving with a different file name * converting to print publication and saving with a different file name on my hard drive (in...

printing envelopes in Word 07
Help! I can't get my Ricoh Aficio MP C4000 printer to print envelopes that I have inserted into the document. I can print the envelopes the regular way, but my boss doesnt want to have our envelopes printed professionally anymore and so I insert the envelope into the document so that I can format the return address to look more professional. When I tell it to print, the printer whirs but doesnt print. Sometimes it does nothing at all. How can i get it to wake up? I have tried changing the document size in the print properties to envelope size, but then the envelope gets...

unable to print images in word 2007
when i copy and paste an image into microsoft office word 2007 from the internet the image shows up in print layout and print preview but it does not print. i have asked many people if they get the same problem but they do not. please can someone help me. thank you, TS_ExHaLe Instead of copying and pasting, right-click on the image on the web and save it to your desktop. Then insert it into the Word document. By the way, this forum is about Microsoft CRM, not Office - though we're always glad to help! -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://www.mscrm4.com "TS_ExHaLe" wrote:...

how to print cells based on "Yes".
If the first cell in row 1 of Column "A" is "Yes", how do I get preselected contiguous or non contiguous cells in the same row to print? If the answer is "no", I do not want cells in that row to print. Thanks for anyones help! Francis Knight Hi Francis You can use Data>AutoFilter to filter on that column and print. Only the visible cells will print -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Francis Knight" <Francis Knight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43968233-50D0-4038-B31B-3C089DA99A7B@microsoft.com... &...

Printing
We are still using Dynamics 6.0. All of a sudden when we print our checks there are a couple of fields that are not showing on the stub and another appears out of order. What is strange is when I choose to print to the screen first the check looks fine. First we thought it might be the printer or the printer driver but we used a newer driver first, then just switch printers entirely and the checks were still messed up the same way. I went into the report customization screen to check the "Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical" report and it is in the modified column...

Print Preview...?
Hi, I was having some problems with a printer at work. I uninstalled th printer drivers, and reinstalled a new postscript printer driver. We use an excel template, but on the "Breakdown" page, we have figures When you click "print preview" you can see the text, but no figures (th default scaling size is set to 69%) When you scale it down to 50% yo can see the figures again... Is there any way of being able to see th figures at 69% scaling? Or alternatively, change the default scalin setting to 50%? Thanks, Snowblin -- Snowblin ---------------------------------------...

Misaligned charts when printing
Hello, I have two charts on the same worksheet. Both charts are aligned, so they appear to be one combo chart with only the bottom chart displaying the x-axis. However, when I go to print preview or even print that worksheet, the charts appear no longer aligned; in my case, the top chart would show wider than the bottom chart in print preview. Therefore, the scale on the x-axis would be offset in relation to the top chart. When returning to the worksheet view, the alignment was correct again. What causes this inconsistency, and are there any solutions to this problem? All replies, sug...

How do I 'Print Preview an excel worksheet in color?
I'm using XP and need to 'print preview' in color. Mine is black and white. How do I change this setting? Hi Carole, I'm afraid you will have to lie! You need to install a printer that does colours and set this as the printer to be used by your workbook. It does not matter that you do not have this printer - unless you hit the Print icon! Now print preview is in colour. Suggestions: any HP DeskJet printer, or if it shows up as an installed printer, Microsoft Document Image Printer best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "...

Printing Scripts
is there a script or an easy way to print the 'Worksheet Name' in the header or footer without going thru each worksheet? I am using Office 2004 on a Mac. Thanks On 8/14/06 1:52 AM, in article 1155534766.581923.96770@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "effendrew-google@yahoo.com" <effendrew-google@yahoo.com> wrote: > is there a script or an easy way to print the 'Worksheet Name' in the > header or footer without going thru each worksheet? I am using Office > 2004 on a Mac. > > Thanks > You can insert the sheet name into a header or footer ea...

Is there an automatic display/print the filename on sheet in Exce.
Is there an automatic display/print the filename on a workbook in Excel 2003 in the footer? Hi Menu File > Page setup, pane Header/Footer. HTH. best wishes Harald "Geoff F" <Geoff F@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:F3571885-F72D-44DF-9D30-C8B7882CE27D@microsoft.com... > Is there an automatic display/print the filename on a workbook in Excel 2003 > in the footer? Geoff - You can either resort to VBA to put the filename in the footer, or you can create a template on which to base all your workbooks, and follow Harald's suggestion for the fo...

Word 2007 printing problem
I'm printing a page of labels on a color printer and they are printing in black and white. Every other Word 2007 document that I print there prints in color. Do you know what I did to the labels that would make them print in black and white? -- Janet M. Take a look at the Printer Properties in the File>Print dialog. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Janet M" <JanetM@discussions.microsoft...

Missing line feeds when printing entity CRM 4.0
Now that we upgraded to 4.0, we found that when one print e.g service appontment report, it takes line feeds (carriage returns) off. It makes readability harder and voids ability to format the report. Is this a bug and is there something we could do to get line feeds back? ...

Color printing issues

Creating a sub report with variable number of fields to print
Good morning I would like to create a report that includes a subreport. Situation: - I have a Table T1 - I created a Xtab query 1 and a Xtab query 2 to extract informations from the T1 table (sum of a field f1 by day of the week: Sun, Mon, Tue...) - I created a selection query SQ1 that grabs all the data from Xtab queries 1 and 2 (sum of a field f2 by day of the week) - Sub report is for data gathered in the selction query SQ1 My problem is that the number of fields returned by SQ1 may vary (1 week i have totals for Mon thru Fri and another week I could have sums for Mon thru Sun). I w...

Printing the "Edit Item Screen" in Business Portal Requisition Mgm
We would like the ability to print the "Edit Item Screen" in Business Portal Requisition Mgmt. There is information in this screen that does not display on the "Printer Friendly" version (i.e. Comments) -- Jarrod Kraemer Cornerstone Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cl...

Shrink Text On Overflow for linked textboxes? (PUB 2003)
Hello All, I am experimenting with designing some small mailing inserts for envelopes. So I have four textboxes that are linked and I want the Shrink Text On Overflow to work; that is, shrink text so it will fit in the four boxes. On the Format|TextBox|TextBox options Shrink Text On Overflow is greyed out when a text box is linked. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance for your support. ...

Ambiguous Name Detected: TmpDDE when trying to print from Outlook 2003
I have been trying to print an email attachment in Outlook with the email message (not opening the attachment). This is directly from the Inbox list (email is not open either). The error I am receiving is Ambiguous Name Detected: TmpDDE in a message box with the title Microsoft Visual Basic. any ideas would be helpful regards mark ...

My spreadsheet is only visible in print preview.
My spreadsheet is only visible when I go to the print preview option. All I see is a dark grey screen. Can anyone help? Thanks! Try Window>Arrange>Tiled, then resize. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Em" wrote: > My spreadsheet is only visible when I go to the print preview option. All I > see is a dark grey screen. Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

print page header on subform?
I have a form and a subform within it, the form has a page header and the subform has a page header. but only the page header of the main form prints. is there any way to make the subform's page header print too? Forms are not designed to PRINT. Reports are. I would recommend that you build a report and print it. You could even add a button to your form to cause the report to print. As you have discovered, reports have the appropriate controls and settings to handle how they print, forms do not. -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. "f2rox" <f2rox@discussions.microsoft....

Changing just one cell each time I print
I am using Excel 2000. I need to print one sheet multiple times and change one cell on that sheet each time it prints. Example: I need to print my sheet 50 times, cells J1.J50 contain a list of numbers 001,002,003,123,456 etc. (This column does not print) I need to copy cell J1 into cell A1 - then print my worksheet, Then I need to copy cell J2 into cell A1 and print the worksheet, Then I need to copy cell J3 into cell A1 and print the worksheet You get the idea. Each time I print the worksheet I need a different number in cell A1 because I am using VLOOKUP to fill in cells in the workshe...

Grouping Mail Merge Records and Printing a Group Header
Greetings, I need to be able to group records from a data source and display a group header. How can I accomplish this in Publisher 2003? -- David Guthu Not sure I know what you are wanting to do. Try the catalog merge, in step five convert to publication, insert your group headings. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "David G." <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9882A94-FC86-464A-BC1C-1F75D192E1F9@microsoft.com......

2003 Bug: Reports Won't Open, Printer Issue
Has anyone found a good solution to the "OpenReport Action Was Cancelled" error that has to do with printers? I'm especially hoping for help from an MVP or from a MS person. The error (detailed below) seems to be happening frequently here at my work. We have a fix that can get the Access databases back online (see below), but I'm hoping someone has a real fix that will stop this from happening. ------------------------------------------------- Here's the background: There have been a number of posts regarding MS Access 2003 databases that suddenly won't open reports....

SOG Specialty Knives B67 Power Assist EOD Knife, Black Oxide
Price:$122.00 Image: http://megadealfinder.info/image.php?id=B001DRLK8K Best deal: http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B001DRLK8K The main components (pliers and knife) of this tool are probably the best of any multi tool on the market. The pliers are geared to double the force that you are able to apply. I was a bit concerned that these gears would be pron to jamming or breaking. I have yet to have any problems whatsoever with this part of the tool and in fact it is my favorite aspect of this tool. Other SOG multitools have been criticize for not making the main knife very accessib...

printing journal entries
I need to print a list of all the general journal entries posted during the year for our auditors. How do I do this? Dustin: What detail do you need to provide? Frank Hamelly, MCP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL The Account Transactions SmartList or one of the Cross Reference reports. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Dustin" wrote: > I need to print a list of all the general journal entries posted during the > year for our auditors. How do I do this? ...