Textbox printing all black on Ricoh printer

I just recently upgraded to publisher 2003 from a precious version.  I use a
RIcoh printer that has always worked fine printing my work from the previous
version of publisher.  Since the upgrade, text boxes that have a border and
no fill are printing as black rectangles on the Ricoh printer but print
correctly on a Savin and Lexmark printer that i can also print to.  If I
remove the border, the text prints fine on the Ricoh.  I also get the same
effect if I draw a rectangle with no fill and print it on the Ricoh printer.

This Ricoh printer is the one that  I have to use for publisher and I need
to be able to border text boxes but have not found a reason for this bizarre
behavior when it works correctly on all other printers.  Text boxes in MS
WORD and other applications print fine on this printer.  It is only in
publisher2003 that I am seeing this behavior.  I would appreciate any input
on why this is occurring and how to fix it.  TIA.
0
EADKINS (1)

Have you gone to Ricoh for help or perhaps a new driver. When you start your
publication are you selecting the Ricoh printer before you create your page?
http://www.ricoh-usa.com/support/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"EADKINS" <EADKINS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just recently upgraded to publisher 2003 from a precious version.  I use a
> RIcoh printer that has always worked fine printing my work from the previous
> version of publisher.  Since the upgrade, text boxes that have a border and
> no fill are printing as black rectangles on the Ricoh printer but print
> correctly on a Savin and Lexmark printer that i can also print to.  If I
> remove the border, the text prints fine on the Ricoh.  I also get the same
> effect if I draw a rectangle with no fill and print it on the Ricoh printer.
>
> This Ricoh printer is the one that  I have to use for publisher and I need
> to be able to border text boxes but have not found a reason for this bizarre
> behavior when it works correctly on all other printers.  Text boxes in MS
> WORD and other applications print fine on this printer.  It is only in
> publisher2003 that I am seeing this behavior.  I would appreciate any input
> on why this is occurring and how to fix it.  TIA.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

show attachments in header of printed sent email
Hi - any help gratefully received. I just switched from OE to Outlook and find that although screen view shows details of the attachments to sent emails these dont show when I print out the emails. In other words, I am having to handwrite on print out of sent email "attached ..........". It makes no difference whether I tick the option to print out the attachment at the same time as the email itself either. Hope I've made myself clear!!!! Sandy sandieblue <sandieblue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi - any help gratefully received. I just switched fro...

Printing Page Numbers for Multiple Worksheets
I am trying to print an entire workbook and would like the page numbe to be specific to each worksheet set. For example, my workbook contains 7 sheets, each of which has a uniqu header that contains the command for Page X of X Pages. Each shee contains multiple pages. If I print the entire workbook, I can get the printout for each shee to begin with a 1 by manually setting the First Page setting to "1" i Page Setup. No problem there. However, my question is...Can I control the command for "X Pages"? Fo example, when I print the entire workbook, I'd like the first ...

Word printing issue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi all, new to MAC, switched from PC to MAC in December 2009. <br> Trying to simulate MS Publisher using MAC Word 2008. <br> Can only seem to get background colours to be effective at Print Preview stage, if I add a background colour in the Word document view first and then switch into Print Preview the background colour has disappeared and the same if I try to Print. <br><br>Any ideas? Check in Word>Preferences>Print>Options for this document only... What is your setting...

Eamail address does not print
We have moved a few weeks ago to exchange 2000 from exchange 5.5. In recent weeks we have been experiencing some behaviour changes in outlook 2000 SR1 (outlook was not upgraded). When we print an outlook email, some emails only print out the name of the email's sender and not the email address, which is displayed on the screen. For example: If we have an email and the sender is John Citizen [john@test.com] then when we print the email the sender is printed as John Citizen This does not happened for every email. Some we get the whole thing and some only the name. I have tried to see i...

Print 3 receipts in one register
I have 2 printers, one for receipt and the other for reports. In the Store Operation Manager I have configured Printer1 for sales receipt format and printer 2 for gift receipt format. Physically they share the same printer,the receipt printer. How can I print a third full page receipt by the report printer? -- Nothing Unfortunately you can't, you can only have the 2 defined per Register. Rob "NothingMuch" <NothingMuch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ABF2B40-5DD7-489D-852C-6A1ABC8E59B5@microsoft.com... >I have 2 printers, one for receipt and t...

How can I print only select sheets in my workbook?
My workbook has 12 sheets, but I want to print the second through ninth sheet exclusively, each time I hit print. (I do this once a week.) How do I do it? Excel 2007 Select sheet2 then hold SHIFT key and click on sheet9 File>Print>Active Sheet(s) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:14:00 -0700, MVictoreen <MVictoreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My workbook has 12 sheets, but I want to print the second through ninth sheet >exclusively, each time I hit print. (I do this once a week.) How do I do it? >Excel 2007 Hi MVictoreen! As an optional m...

how to print 4x1 on one using publisher
Hi There How do I print 4 copies on one sheet of A4 using microsoft publisher? Yours P D Is your publication at least one-quarter of the size of the sheet you're printing on? Or is your design a full-size and you are trying to scale it down to fit 4 on a page? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "paulantpat" <paulantpat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8288E435-9741-4139-AD12-FD987A148CE5@microsoft.com... > Hi There > > How do I print 4 copies on one sheet of A4 us...

unwanted: Zoom adjust when adjusting Print Scale
Would someone be willing to review the file and advise. when in Print Preview - if I adjust the print scale - then the zoom ( screen view ) adjust and not the printed view. I have several co-workers which have had the same issue happen to them. It has to be a file setting - as other excel files do not do this. When I go to Page Break Layout and try to drag the blue dotted line - nothing happens, it will not move - or - it moves and gives me an error "Margins do not fit page size" and I will get blue dotted lines around all cells and 100's of pages. Have you change the page ...

Printing PO according to Description or by SKU
When printing out PO's they come out in Random order. This is a headache when searching for something on the Purchase Order. When you have 6 related products and they are not grouped on the PO printout. They are all over the page. Not to mention my suppliers mess up the orders because they are so hard to read. It would make life easier to see them filter by Description or by SKU since most items in the same catagory/family have the same bar code. I was shocked when they could not do this. Its like writing a document....all the words are there but when you go to print out, all...

How do I print addresses in an Excel table on a flyer for mailing?
I have a one-sided flyer that will be tri-folded for mailing. Before folding, how do I print the addresses from an Excel table on the blank side of the flyer? And how do I include my return address? -- kateinmo Hi Kateinmo, Look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kateinmo" <kateinmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8542D8A7-0132-42DF-933A-5E1B7780CF4D@microsoft.com... |I have a one-sided flyer that will be tri-folded for mailing. Before folding, | how do I print the addresses fr...

Embedded pictures in email won't print
Pictures in email will not print, only a red X. Computer has Outlook 2003 SP1, W2k SP3. I have other computers where this is not an issue. I have made sure that all internets settings are set to default, but to no avail. Does anyone have a concrete solution? LF ...

Printing attachment names
When I print either a plain text or a rich text message that has an attachment, the name of the attachment (and an icon) are included in the output. But when I print an HTML messsage, there is no indication that there was an attachment. Do you know any way to force Outlook to include the attachment name(s) when printing an HTML message? Environment is Outlook XP, Windows 2000 Pro, Exchange 5.5 On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:53:42 -0700, "Tim Schaldach" <tschaldach@trigon-epc.com> wrote: >When I print either a plain text or a rich text message >that has an attachment, ...

printing worksheet on 3x5 card
I would like to know if it is possible to print a worksheet the size of a 3x5 card, so I can use it with my flashcards for school? Printerchallenged, if you printer supports this size paper then, file page setup, set paper size to 3x5, excel gets the paper size from your printer settings -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "printerchallenged" <printerchallenged@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Print 2 pages on one page in Excel
I need to print 2 pages on one page, I have 3 colunms of data on each page 400 pages, I want to print 6 columnms wich would be 2 pages of data on one page how do i do this?? Hi BIGCHAD36 Look on David's site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "BIGCHAD36" <BIGCHAD36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9FC46D-2DBC-403D-9B96-EFA2A503A0C3@microsoft.com... >I need to print 2 pages on one page, I have 3 colunms of data on each page > 400 pages, I want to print 6 columnms wich would be 2 p...

E-mails Don't Print Correctly
We transferred our Entourage X Main Identity on a PowerBook G3 to Entourage 2004 on a MacBook Pro. The only thing that is not working properly is the printing of some (but not all) e-mails. Some of them will only print with about 7 blank lines between every printed line. Thus a one page e-mail becomes a seven page e-mail when printed. It happens both on old (prior to transfer) and new (after transfer) e- mails and on both sent and received e-mails. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it does happen and when it doesn't. Does anyone know how to correct this? The f...

Use combo to print report between two sets of dates
I am trying to print a report that shows timesheet entries for two sets of dates. The report also prints out based on the data entry person selected. The user selects their name and then uses another combo box to select pre entered dates. My code is as follows: Private Sub cboDates_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim FromDate As Date 'Name of criteria start timesheets date field. Dim ToDate As Date 'Name of criteria end timesheets date field. Dim FromOTDate As Date 'Name of criteria start OT date field. Dim ToOTDate As Date 'Name of criter...

Report can't print form field
My report heading contains a text box with the following data source: ="Transactions since " & Forms!frmPrintTran!txtDate The on-screen preview shows the date fine, but on printing, this textbox displays #Name? The form remains open during print. Happens with both Access 2002 and 2007, DB structure A2000. What gives here? Thanks. -- TedMi This usually happens when there is code in the On Close of the report that closes the form. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "tedmi" wrote: > My report heading contains a text box with the following data source: > ...

Bug: printing of a specific page range is broken in MFC-VS2005
If you create an MFC application that includes printing support, and your application does print-time pagination as described in this MSDN library topic: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w7wzay73(VS.80).aspx then specifying printing of a specific range of pages in the print dialog does not work. The application always prints all pages of the document. To see this problem download and build the WordPad sample MFC application. Start a new blank document, then paste into it enough text to fill several pages. Choose Print from the File menu. Choose a print range of page 1 to page 1....

11x17 printing #2
I am trying to print 4 up postcards on 11x17 paper - I have set it up correctly, preview shows 4up, but it prints with smaller size cards like it is being shrunk- does nayone rint 4 up postcards with Publisher on 11x17 paper? Setup your printer first to tabloid, Publisher will follow. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "daretobe" <daretobe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:912A3EA4-8948-4306-B665-B122004A9EA3@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print 4 up postcards on 11x17 paper - I have...

Outlook 2000 don't print HTML-Email
Hello, We are having problems printing html email messages with Outlook 2000. Plain and rich text messages print correctly. On PCs with Windows 98, when we print html email messages it will only print the message header and I believe any footer information on the printed page. Best regards "B´┐Żlent" <buelent@mynet.com> wrote: > We are having problems printing html email messages with Outlook 2000. > Plain and rich text messages print correctly. On PCs with Windows 98, > when we print html email messages it will only print the message > header and I believe any fo...

Printing with Laser Printers
Hello, I have recently made a program that uses MFC (it's a dialog app not a SDI/MDI app so there is no built in printing support). I was able to get it to print out stuff however I noticed that when I went from one printer to another printer the output varied alot (for instance on one laser printer the output was very small and overlapped one another) My question is, are there any ways to set GDI so that the printed output is consistent from one printer to another and if so how? Thanks in advance Sincerely, James Simpson James, You must, when drawing, take care of the differe...

Print Tracking Information
In Outlook 2007, is there a way (or a work-around) to print the tracking information when someone sends a calendar invitation? I tried copying it into Excel, but that only pastes the name. I want all the information to print. Thanks for any ideas. Taking a screenshot will work. FWIW; Outlook 2010 will allow you to easily copy this information to the Clipboard so you can paste it into another application. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook....

transparencies are printing opaque instead of transparent
All shadows and pictures set on color transparent, transparent gradient, or a certain percentage transparent, are printing opaque instead of transparent. It shows up transparent on the file when I set it, but shows opaque in the print preview mode, and then prints opaque as well. ...

Setting text color to black in inactive combo boxes
Hi, I have a dialog with several edits & combo boxes (and labels too). The data is shown for view only and i need it to be shown in black color (text). For the edits i use the read-only property and it's doing the job. With the combo's i have a problem, The text is displayed in gray no matter what... anyone? Thanks. yuval.gatenio@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a dialog with several edits & combo boxes (and labels too). > > The data is shown for view only and i need it to be shown in black > color (text). > > For the edits i use the read-only...

Displaying Attachements as icons when printing the email
Can someone please help me. We print emails for our records. When an attachment accompanies an email i want it to show on the print out as an icon, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Why? If the message is in HTML format, it may not display the icon. If you're printing the message by opening it first, try printing it without opening it (just highlight the item and hit Ctrl P or File | Print. If that doesn't work, open the item, select Edit | Edit Message, and then select Plain Text from the Format menu. Try printing it in Plain Text format. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MV...