text wrapping around a table

cant seem to get the text wrapping around a table to work, I go to the table
properties of the table I want to wrap text around, then the layout tab, if
I choose the object position to be exact, the text wrapping styles seem to
make no difference, the result is always a through style, btw this table
object the table I am trying to wrap text around is embedded in another
table which contains the text to be wrapped around the embedded table,  hope
that makes sense, clues very much appreciated, TIA

--
TIA and take care,
Frank Bruhn,

Are you saying you have a table within a table and you are trying to wrap text around
the inner table?

Format the text box wrap, see if that works for you.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Frank Bruhn MSN" <Frank.Bruhn@verizon.net> wrote in message
> cant seem to get the text wrapping around a table to work, I go to the table
> properties of the table I want to wrap text around, then the layout tab, if
> I choose the object position to be exact, the text wrapping styles seem to
> make no difference, the result is always a through style, btw this table
> object the table I am trying to wrap text around is embedded in another
> table which contains the text to be wrapped around the embedded table,  hope
> that makes sense, clues very much appreciated, TIA
>
> --
> TIA and take care,
> Frank Bruhn,
> Executive Director
> 508 798-5115,
> www.SalvageYardWebSolutions.com
> PO Box 17246
> Worcester, MA  01601
> Web Design Certified
> BS Electrical Engineering, UMass

0
gsauer (5093)

Just one more table to link!!!!!!
-- Kate Hulit Asyma Systems Inc. I can help you but need more details. Can you email me the report at staceyleelee@hotmail.com "Kate Hulit" wrote: > > -- > Kate Hulit > Asyma Systems Inc. If you are trying to link tables to a report and are finding it difficult to create the relationship, you can always use VBA if you are registered for Modifier & VBA to read the data directly from SQL. Just a thought. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Micorosoft Dynamics (form...

MS Access Table Design Look Up???
I am trying to design a budget database and I want to have consistent categories and expense. I have a table with Category and Expense It looks something like this: Category Expense Overhead Electrcity Overhead Internet Employee Salary Employee Commision I want to creat another table where the entires will be made but want to force these categories. I can get one colum to appear in the table Example Internet but I can't see in the table what category it rolls up to, I see it when I choose the expense but not after. Is there a way to populate this ...

No text in email body
mail delivered to my mail account has no text in the message body. This just started happening in the last few days ?? HELP !!! ...

Color code quoted text
Is there no way to color code quoted text in the standard message reading view? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find anything about this. The newsreader in Opera does a terrific job of this, as do many other programs. Bob Graham Yes, but since you decided to keep secret the version of Outlook you are = using, all bets are off. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, rvgrahamsevatenein@sbcglobal...

How can I check whether the data is in the table or not with VBA?
Hi, Hope someone have quick answer to my question. I have a table call "IssueTable". I want to code to find out whether the user inputed informaiton is in the IssueTable before user enter it in the table. I don't want to duplicate the issue in the issuetable. Therefore, I want to check it before I enter it as new item. In the Usertable, there is the Authrization# field and if user enter part of Authrization#, I want the code to check if the User input is in the Issue Table. Thanks Use DLookup(). For examples, see: Getting a value from a table: DL...

Text to Columns?
In my spreadsheet, from cells F1 to CA1, I have a list of titles. At the beginning of each of these titles is the words Out of Stock/. I would like to know if there is an easier way to get rid of these words other than text to columns. Right now, I insert a column next to one with text and use Text to Columns and choose "/" as my separator, and then I have to go back and delete all of the unwanted cells. I didn't mind doing this once, but now that I have to do it weekly, I need to find a faster way. TIA This is what it looks like now. F1 ...

sum in two tables to calculate QOH
The following is the scenario stock _ in table Id item_no pcs 1 1 10 2 2 30 3 1 22 stock_out_table Id item_no pcs 1 1 6 2 2 12 3 1 6 So the Query result should show or the Qty on hand should show this result. ItemNum QOH 1 20 2 1 can you help me with an apt. query. I tried using select t1.itemnum,sum(t1.pcs-t2.pcs) from t1,t2 where t1.ite...

How can I capatalize text in a column?
I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How do I do this? I would dump the column into Word then do Format - Change Case - UPPERCASE then dump it back into Excel. I do not see this feature in Excel. "dgysr" wrote: > I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How > do I do this? will you get your desired results if you use the =UPPER() formula in another column? "dgysr" wrote: > I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How > do I do this? ...

Text box disappears on chart
I added a text box to a chart and when I click off of it, the text box disappears (goes behind the chart). I have tried Bring to Front and Bring Forward, and it may or may not stay visible and print. I have clicked on the frame of the text box (it changes pattern) and tried Bring to Front - same problem. Any ideas? Carole O The text box is on the worksheet, not the chart. To fix the problem, Select the text box, and choose Edit>Cut Select the chart (you'll see handles on its corners and sides) Choose Edit>Paste, to paste the text box onto the chart. Click away from the char...

when i type i am not seeing any text in Outlook 2003
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003, I don't know what happened but when I try to send an email nothing appears instead I only see read error lines on the screen. I have tried everything but nothing works. I cannot type because no text appears on my screen. I am not able to send emails. Please help!! After typing a couple of words that you do not see, try to highlight the area where you typed.What happens? Is your font colour set to white? Peter "tigka98@hotmail.com" <tigka98@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777622D7-4C61-432B-B8AD-5...

Using Logical OR on text in Conditional Formatting
I have a column with various text entries. I have created a conditional formatting rule for each type of entry but the formatting can be grouped together, so I would like a Conditional Formatting rule that says: If string contains "foo" or "bar" then colour red If string does not contain "yibble" or "wibble" then make bold etc. Any idea how I can do this rather thasn having to manage over 30 rules with each one looking for a single text entry type. Thanks Darius Try a formula of =OR(A2="foo",A2="bar") =AND(A2<>"y...

Restructuring text data in excel? Pivot?
Hi! I have a large sum och data in the order below: Choice Course 1 Course 2 Course 3 Course 4 1 Name 1 Name 3 Name 2 Name 1 2 Name 3 Name 4 Name 4 Name 3 3 Name 5 I would like to structure it differently to the format below: Choice 1 2 3 Name 1 Course 1 Course 4 Name 2 Course 3 Name 3 Course 1 Course 2 Course 4 Name 4 Course 2 Course 3 Name 5 Course 1 Is this possible? I have been trying to use pivottables without any luck. Cheers and thanks, Pete Pivottables work with numbers (sum of, max of, average of). They won't work with text. And I don'...

Creating new table columns and maintaining joins in another query
Hi, I have a table with alot of account information. However, to report on certain accounts, I have to manipulate a few of the column data and create a new column with the correct information. Once I have this new column, I do another query and get the information that I need out of that new column. The problem is when I'm querying from that new column, I'm join'ing that information to another column of information and it works the way I want it to work. But when I get more data, I have to run the original script that manipulates the data and creates a new column, agai...

pivot table perhaps?
I have a spreadsheet, and it has gotten very long; i keep redoing the TOTALS row, to be at the bottom, but it takes a long time to scroll down! Can you make it so that it is always on the screen somewhere? Also, i set up auto-filters so that I can view my totals by salesperson, but it won't display that particular saleperson's subtotals when filtered. Is there a simple way to show this? Thanks so much Hi A couple of suggestions. Have your TOTALS in a row at the top of the page - which is the way most people get round this problem. You could use the SUBTOTAL() function for your se...

Writing back to POP tables through SQL
Hello, Does anyone have experience, or know if there is an acceptable way to update POP10100 and POP10110 through a backend process? I'm working on a B2B (RosettaNet) integration with our GPS8.0 system. I have it pulling out new POs and sending them to one of our vendors but I need the ability to update them when I get a confirmation back from the vendor. I've been looking for a way to do this using third party tools but I haven't found anyone that let's me write to the PO tables. They usually just let me read. I'd like to just do a simple SQL update but I'v...

Using text in a cell in a formula
I need to have a formula use the text of adjacent cells to determine where to look for values. I want to grab data from multiple datasheets but I don't want to have to type the sheet name in every formula, I want the formula to grab the name of the sheet from an adjacent cell. i.e. I need a formula like =if(sheet1!B2>0,100,""), but I need a function that will fill in the sheet name from the text value of an adjacent cell that would have the sheet name in it as I will be doing this for multiple cells on the same sheet. see your other post -- Biff Microsoft...

Removing text from cells
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a list of reference numbers in column A. The numbers are like this. AAA/12345/Smith J Mr What I want to do is remove the text after the last / eg. Smith J Mr. I have thousands of cells I need to remove this on. Please help. Thanks. Hi Craig are all the entries the same number of characters for the first two sections, AAA/12345/ BBB/67890/ etc if so you can do this using a "helper" column - in column B type ==LEFT(A1,10) and then double click on the fill handle (bottom right hand side of cell) to fill down now copy column B click on A1 and ch...

Restrictions on Tables
Is it possible to do a lot of restrictions in MS Access tables? If it is, where can i do these restrictions? On Apr 10, 10:06 am, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes. > > What kind of restrictions would you want to do? > > If you tell what you want to do then maybe someone can answer the question. > > -- > KARL DEWEY > Build a little - Test a little > > > > "emerl...@shaw.ca" wrote: > > Is it possible to do a lot of restrictions in MS Access tables? If it > > is, where can i do these restrictions?-...

force Excel to treat numbers as text
Sorry I searched this and no one seems to have a solution. I trie pre-defiming columns as text but it gets over-riden by the paste. Past Special doesn't do the trick.. paste special as text on tabular data coming from a web site puts mos of the data in the first column. It no longer spreads the columns o pasted data into its own excel columns the tabular data, tab delimited, I want to 'copy&paste' looks lik this: 1) OGRODOWICZ MARK M47 6306 BROOKLYN NY 533 446 41 24:00 23:25 7:3 20:58 2) CHAO DUSTIN M35 3738 NEW YORK NY 534 447 155 24:02 23:47 7:40 23:1 The paste should...

How to customize the length of text preview in desktop alert
How to customize the length of text preview in desktop alert ...

setup a text box as a lined page
I'd like to simulate text on lined paper. Is it possible in Word or Publisher? Thanks Find a lined paper background or graphic, put it on the Master page. On the the publication page create a text box. View, turn on baseline guides. Go to Arrange, Layout guides, baseline tab, adjust it to match your lined graphic. Select the text box, Format, paragraph, check align text to baseline guides. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=lined+paper&gbv=2 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tridev" <tr...

Read Text File into Excel Using VBA
Hi All, I'm a new VBA programmer. I know how to pull an entire text file into an Excel Spreadsheet, but I only want specific information from the text file not the entire text file. What I have is about 25 text files stored in a folder, let's say C:\test. Each file is named by a property address as follows: 209 MAIN ST.txt 213 MAIN ST.txt 111 ELM ST.txt 2356 WOOD AVE.txt On the 11th row of each file is as follows: Property Address:209 MAIN ST On the 31st row of each file is as follows: Total Value:30500 What I would like to do is read each file located in the "C:\test folder...

Microsoft Access Table Record Limitation
Hi, is there a limit to how may rows an access table can have before it performs poorly? "mark" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OGxT6vdgKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, is there a limit to how may rows an access table can have before it > performs poorly? > > --- > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access/ That's depends upon the type and quality of indexes, as well as other factors. I have a database front-end that connects to a 1.1 GB backend with 6 million records. By using the primary key, I can pull 1 record ...

Keyword search across multiple tables
Hi everybody, I am an Access newbie. I THINK this can be done. I would like to have a search box on a form where a user can enter text and click a "Search" button. Clicking the search button will a) run a multiple table query (on a single field in each table) and b) display the results of this query in a report for the user to view. I basically need to conduct a multi-table query with the criteria equal to the text that the user enters in the text box, and display the results in a report. Is this do-able? Or am I delusional? Thanks, Monsters! TJ -- Messag...

Need to change text to csv
My credit card company has an export feature. One of the options is ".csv (Excel). This used to give me a nice clean spreadsheet with each column of information in a separate Excell column. I guess it converted on the fly or something. But now it seems to be a "comma delimited text file" In other words, only the first Excel cell in each row has data in it, and it looks like this in each row (the first row has headings). 1,"03/24/2005","HARVARD CS","Credit","$39.95". What can I do to get all those comma delimited items into sep...