text wrap problem

I have a problem with wrapping text around a clip art
picture.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!  I
used the same text and the same picture to test it out.
I've just got it to work, but I need to know if this is a
bug because I'm writing a text book.  Any help would be
appreciated.  Cheers.
0
anonymous (74722)

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using 2003.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/17/2004 9:40:12 PM
Sorry I can't offer you any help but I have the same sometimes it works/sometimes not problem when wrapping text round clip art pictures. I've managed it in documents in the past but remember it being a bit 'hit and miss'. Today it just won't work though I've tried every way I can think of.  I'm using xp. Any advice would be much appreciated.

     ----- aden wrote: ----

     Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using 2003

0
anonymous (74722)
5/20/2004 1:41:05 PM
Try this:
Select the image, click the dog, click edit wrap points, click the dog again, click
tight, click no. Bring the text box to the front.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Chrissie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry I can't offer you any help but I have the same sometimes it works/sometimes
not problem when wrapping text round clip art pictures. I've managed it in documents
in the past but remember it being a bit 'hit and miss'. Today it just won't work
though I've tried every way I can think of.  I'm using xp. Any advice would be much
appreciated.

>      ----- aden wrote: -----
>
>      Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using 2003.

0
laserdog (1122)
5/20/2004 3:21:48 PM
Thanks, but sorry that didn't work either.  I tried every
combination along those lines, then started from scratch
and it suddenly worked again.  "Hit or miss" seems to be
the only rule here.  It has to be a bug, eh guys??

0
anonymous (74722)
5/25/2004 11:10:32 PM
Okay, I think I've solved my own problem, in case anyone
else out there is interested - in all cases, there was a
rectangular border drawn around the text/graphic and this
was the problem.  I selected the shape, clicked Format,
Autoshape, Layout and set text wrapping to None.

It's still weird that the problem only occurs some of the
time, but this seems to fix it.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/26/2004 11:12:49 PM
Hi aden (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Okay, I think I've solved my own problem, in case anyone
|| else out there is interested - in all cases, there was a
|| rectangular border drawn around the text/graphic and this
|| was the problem.  I selected the shape, clicked Format,
|| Autoshape, Layout and set text wrapping to None.

Thank you for posting back your findings.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

parameter for text

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

Wrap round
How do I get text to wrap round the inside of any shape or text box? I've been to 'help' and followed the instructions but it didn't work! You can add text to a text box from the outset; to add text to an AutoShape, right-click and choose "Add Text." But the included text box will always be rectangular. If by "wrap round the inside" you are implying anything other than straightforward left-to-right text that wraps at the right margin, then you will be disappointed. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alab...

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

TABSTOP problem
I have a dialog where in depending on the selection from a combo box, the controls below are going to be different. For doing this I have put a static control in the place where I am going to show different controls. I have created different dialog templates for each option. Consider the case of particular option, say "MySQL". Corresponding to this option, there is a dialog in resource, the style of which is child and no border. I have added a class for this dialog called CMySQLDialog. Inside CMySQLDialog there is a function called CreateFromStatic which takes parent and ID as parame...