text wrap options don't work

Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had before. 
Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words do not 
move out of the way.  The image (or another text box, I've tried that too) 
just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text box.  I've 
tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose any of 
them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply ignores me and 
acts as if I have chosen None for everything.  Situation 2: For some images 
(perhaps the type of image makes a difference) only Top & Bottom text 
wrapping works. No matter what option I choose, it will only wrap above and 
below my image.

I have read all the help menus and I am sure that I'm doing it right. 
Something must be corrupted in my program!  How can I fix this???

Thanks,
Heidi
0
Heidi (25)
9/28/2005 7:17:04 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

8 Replies
346 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 23

Do you have a border? Send it to the back.


-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D77BE3A4-4884-45DB-9096-BDDCF3679525@microsoft.com...
> Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had before.
> Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words do not
> move out of the way.  The image (or another text box, I've tried that too)
> just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text box.  I've
> tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose any of
> them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply ignores me and
> acts as if I have chosen None for everything.  Situation 2: For some images
> (perhaps the type of image makes a difference) only Top & Bottom text
> wrapping works. No matter what option I choose, it will only wrap above and
> below my image.
>
> I have read all the help menus and I am sure that I'm doing it right.
> Something must be corrupted in my program!  How can I fix this???
>
> Thanks,
> Heidi 


0
gsauer (5093)
9/28/2005 7:23:33 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!  That fixed it!  I've been struggling with 
this for 2 days and it was so simple the whole time! I am very grateful...

Heidi

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you have a border? Send it to the back.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:D77BE3A4-4884-45DB-9096-BDDCF3679525@microsoft.com...
> > Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had before.
> > Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words do not
> > move out of the way.  The image (or another text box, I've tried that too)
> > just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text box.  I've
> > tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose any of
> > them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply ignores me and
> > acts as if I have chosen None for everything.  Situation 2: For some images
> > (perhaps the type of image makes a difference) only Top & Bottom text
> > wrapping works. No matter what option I choose, it will only wrap above and
> > below my image.
> >
> > I have read all the help menus and I am sure that I'm doing it right.
> > Something must be corrupted in my program!  How can I fix this???
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Heidi 
> 
> 
> 
0
Heidi (25)
9/28/2005 7:31:08 PM
Thanks for posting this, Heidi, it will help others.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:8C50407F-48FC-49F4-B9A9-72960582B78C@microsoft.com...
> Thank you thank you thank you!  That fixed it!  I've been struggling with
> this for 2 days and it was so simple the whole time! I am very grateful...
>
> Heidi
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do you have a border? Send it to the back.
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D77BE3A4-4884-45DB-9096-BDDCF3679525@microsoft.com...
>> > Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had before.
>> > Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words do not
>> > move out of the way.  The image (or another text box, I've tried that too)
>> > just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text box.  I've
>> > tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose any of
>> > them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply ignores me and
>> > acts as if I have chosen None for everything.  Situation 2: For some images
>> > (perhaps the type of image makes a difference) only Top & Bottom text
>> > wrapping works. No matter what option I choose, it will only wrap above and
>> > below my image.
>> >
>> > I have read all the help menus and I am sure that I'm doing it right.
>> > Something must be corrupted in my program!  How can I fix this???
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Heidi
>>
>>
>> 


0
gsauer (5093)
9/28/2005 8:47:04 PM
I'm having the same problem - and am anxious to get the same results. How can 
I send only the border to the back. (I did create a border around the 
pictures I am using) When I try, it sends the whole picture to the back and I 
continue to have the same problems.


"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Thanks for posting this, Heidi, it will help others.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:8C50407F-48FC-49F4-B9A9-72960582B78C@microsoft.com...
> > Thank you thank you thank you!  That fixed it!  I've been struggling with
> > this for 2 days and it was so simple the whole time! I am very grateful...
> >
> > Heidi
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have a border? Send it to the back.
> >>
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:D77BE3A4-4884-45DB-9096-BDDCF3679525@microsoft.com...
> >> > Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had before.
> >> > Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words do not
> >> > move out of the way.  The image (or another text box, I've tried that too)
> >> > just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text box.  I've
> >> > tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose any of
> >> > them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply ignores me and
> >> > acts as if I have chosen None for everything.  Situation 2: For some images
> >> > (perhaps the type of image makes a difference) only Top & Bottom text
> >> > wrapping works. No matter what option I choose, it will only wrap above and
> >> > below my image.
> >> >
> >> > I have read all the help menus and I am sure that I'm doing it right.
> >> > Something must be corrupted in my program!  How can I fix this???
> >> >
> >> > Thanks,
> >> > Heidi
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Mmiller (1)
10/21/2005 12:00:04 PM
Only the page border should go to the back. Tell us what you are experiencing, we 
will try to help.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Mmiller" <Mmiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:898E6BFF-D253-4BFD-960E-039BC1EA5E19@microsoft.com...
> I'm having the same problem - and am anxious to get the same results. How can
> I send only the border to the back. (I did create a border around the
> pictures I am using) When I try, it sends the whole picture to the back and I
> continue to have the same problems.
>
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for posting this, Heidi, it will help others.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:8C50407F-48FC-49F4-B9A9-72960582B78C@microsoft.com...
>> > Thank you thank you thank you!  That fixed it!  I've been struggling with
>> > this for 2 days and it was so simple the whole time! I am very grateful...
>> >
>> > Heidi
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Do you have a border? Send it to the back.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:D77BE3A4-4884-45DB-9096-BDDCF3679525@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had before.
>> >> > Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words do not
>> >> > move out of the way.  The image (or another text box, I've tried that too)
>> >> > just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text box.  I've
>> >> > tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose any of
>> >> > them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply ignores me and
>> >> > acts as if I have chosen None for everything.  Situation 2: For some images
>> >> > (perhaps the type of image makes a difference) only Top & Bottom text
>> >> > wrapping works. No matter what option I choose, it will only wrap above and
>> >> > below my image.
>> >> >
>> >> > I have read all the help menus and I am sure that I'm doing it right.
>> >> > Something must be corrupted in my program!  How can I fix this???
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks,
>> >> > Heidi
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
gsauer (5093)
10/21/2005 1:50:37 PM
hi,
i am having the same problem, but let me be clear -i am crarting a brochure 
& i want the underlying txt box below a picture to come over the picture, and 
also how to change the border as is mentioned in this thread, i dont find the 
option in format picture.
thanks
sudhir chiluka.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Only the page border should go to the back. Tell us what you are experiencing, we 
> will try to help.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "Mmiller" <Mmiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:898E6BFF-D253-4BFD-960E-039BC1EA5E19@microsoft.com...
> > I'm having the same problem - and am anxious to get the same results. How can
> > I send only the border to the back. (I did create a border around the
> > pictures I am using) When I try, it sends the whole picture to the back and I
> > continue to have the same problems.
> >
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for posting this, Heidi, it will help others.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:8C50407F-48FC-49F4-B9A9-72960582B78C@microsoft.com...
> >> > Thank you thank you thank you!  That fixed it!  I've been struggling with
> >> > this for 2 days and it was so simple the whole time! I am very grateful...
> >> >
> >> > Heidi
> >> >
> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Do you have a border? Send it to the back.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> -- 
> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> >> "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:D77BE3A4-4884-45DB-9096-BDDCF3679525@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had before.
> >> >> > Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words do not
> >> >> > move out of the way.  The image (or another text box, I've tried that too)
> >> >> > just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text box.  I've
> >> >> > tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose any of
> >> >> > them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply ignores me and
> >> >> > acts as if I have chosen None for everything.  Situation 2: For some images
> >> >> > (perhaps the type of image makes a difference) only Top & Bottom text
> >> >> > wrapping works. No matter what option I choose, it will only wrap above and
> >> >> > below my image.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > I have read all the help menus and I am sure that I'm doing it right.
> >> >> > Something must be corrupted in my program!  How can I fix this???
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Thanks,
> >> >> > Heidi
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
chiluka (1)
3/3/2006 3:56:27 PM
You may not have a page border. Bring the text box to the front and cover the 
image.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"chiluka" <chiluka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:26E52775-852E-434E-9B02-59466B3F15F3@microsoft.com...
> hi,
> i am having the same problem, but let me be clear -i am crarting a brochure
> & i want the underlying txt box below a picture to come over the picture, and
> also how to change the border as is mentioned in this thread, i dont find the
> option in format picture.
> thanks
> sudhir chiluka.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Only the page border should go to the back. Tell us what you are 
>> experiencing, we
>> will try to help.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "Mmiller" <Mmiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:898E6BFF-D253-4BFD-960E-039BC1EA5E19@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm having the same problem - and am anxious to get the same results. How 
>> > can
>> > I send only the border to the back. (I did create a border around the
>> > pictures I am using) When I try, it sends the whole picture to the back and 
>> > I
>> > continue to have the same problems.
>> >
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Thanks for posting this, Heidi, it will help others.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:8C50407F-48FC-49F4-B9A9-72960582B78C@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Thank you thank you thank you!  That fixed it!  I've been struggling 
>> >> > with
>> >> > this for 2 days and it was so simple the whole time! I am very 
>> >> > grateful...
>> >> >
>> >> > Heidi
>> >> >
>> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> Do you have a border? Send it to the back.
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> -- 
>> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> >> "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> news:D77BE3A4-4884-45DB-9096-BDDCF3679525@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> > Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had 
>> >> >> > before.
>> >> >> > Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words 
>> >> >> > do not
>> >> >> > move out of the way.  The image (or another text box, I've tried that 
>> >> >> > too)
>> >> >> > just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text 
>> >> >> > box.  I've
>> >> >> > tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose 
>> >> >> > any of
>> >> >> > them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply 
>> >> >> > ignores me and
>> >> >> > acts as if I have chosen None for everything.  Situation 2: For some 
>> >> >> > images
>> >> >> > (perhaps the type of image makes a difference) only Top & Bottom text
>> >> >> > wrapping works. No matter what option I choose, it will only wrap 
>> >> >> > above and
>> >> >> > below my image.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > I have read all the help menus and I am sure that I'm doing it right.
>> >> >> > Something must be corrupted in my program!  How can I fix this???
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > Thanks,
>> >> >> > Heidi
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
gsauer (5093)
3/3/2006 7:32:20 PM

"Heidi" wrote:

> Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had before. 
> Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words do not 
> move out of the way.  The image (or another text box, I've tried that too) 
> just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text box.  I've 
> tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose any of 
> them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply ignores me and 
> acts as if I have chosen None for everything.  Situation 2: For some images 
> (perhaps the type of image makes a difference) only Top & Bottom text 
> wrapping works. No matter what option I choose, it will only wrap above and 
> below my image.
> 
> I have read all the help menus and I am sure that I'm doing it right. 
> Something must be corrupted in my program!  How can I fix this???
> 
> Thanks,
> Heidi
0
1/4/2009 1:11:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to remove the alternative text box from the publisher email?
Hi, I have created a publisher email and have email it to myself for testing view. I find there is a small alternative text box appearing whenever my mouse cursor station at any point of the email. How to remove this alternative text box from the publisher email? Help... -- Thank you, Cpviv Sounds like all the text has was converted to an image. Try to select the text and you will see it is an image. Go to tools > Options > Web tab and under Email options uncheck the option to send as an image. If that doesn't fix the problem, reference: Tips and troubleshooting for ...

Trouble with hyhens within text when using LOOKUP
I have two columns, each containing a list of part numbers. Some of the part numbers contain hyphens. I am using LOOKUP and/or VLOOKUP to determine if the value in one column exists in the other. This works great on non-hyphenated part numbers. However, it will not find or return the hyphenated part numbers from the specified arrays. As a test, I did a quick if statement to compare the instances of identical hyphenated values that exist in both columns. Those statements did not have a problem with the hyphens. Can anyone offer any help? If hyphens cannot be used in conjunction with the ...

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

Change from MS Outlook Rich Text to HTML
I use Outlook 98 and I want to change my message format to HTML so that I can have nice backgrounds etc on my mail. For some reason this facility doesn't seem to be available to me on the 'Mail Format' Tab. It is blacked out and I cannot change it from Rich Text to HTML. Is there anything I can do to sort this out? Could it be because I am on a network at work and they have disabled it? If so, how can I enable it? Cheers! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www...

instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)
Hi all, I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add. Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users click and begin to type. How should I do this? exchange 2003/outlook2003 Thank you. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a label control. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumps...

Rules not working #7
I have a mail profile that I use with one email address that gets a LOT of spam. I have a fair size number of rules (probably 10-15) for categorizing and filtering it, all of them starting wth "Apply this rule after the message arrives". Problem is that most of them only work about half the time. I'll get some messages that were moved to the correct folders, and some similar messages still in the inbox. If I click "Rules Wizard" and the "Run Now" button, selecting all the rules, it moves the ones still in the inbox to the correct folder. How come it didn&#...

If statement with formatted text
Hi, Is there any way to have an if formula such as: If (A1="Active", "KAE",KPE") where the two letters after the K are formatted as subscript? The best I've done is to paste a picture over the cell. The picture's formula refers to named formula that selects one of two cells, the one with correct string. One cell contains KAE and the other KPE with the subscript. However, it means that I'm using a picture and it would be much nicer if I could just do it in an If formula. I hope that makes some kind of sense, and thanks in advance for your help. D...

Out of Office (OOF) not working
Hello OOF isnt working on one of our users mailbox, ie. she turns it on, but it doesnt auto reply. ive searched through the existing posts on solutions but still no joy. Ive disabled/re-enable OOF setting in Exchange admin. The user has no exisitng rules setup. The oof never worked so it cannot have been send one per user. Im using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 clients. Any help, would help! thanks Jay If new mailboxes are working fine, you may want to take the simple "shotgun" approach of exporting the users data to PST, saving out the rules, and then creating a new mailbo...

hyperlinks within the same document are not working
Hi. I am trying to create an email publication in MS publisher 2007. It has several stories that will be sent out in email and the first section is supposed to contain a summary with hyperlinks to each story within the same email for more details. I am adding a bookmark at the begining of each story, and then trying to create a hyperlink in the summary section to the bookmark. However, when I send the publication as email, or do an email preview, the hyperlinks do not work. Please help! ...

Hyperlinks do not work in email in outlook
Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows XP I began getting this message whenever I tried to click on a hyperlink in an email: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I assume it is because some switch has been set. Could someone tell me how to regain the ability to use the embedded links in email in outlook? Thanks Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows > XP I began getting this message whene...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

can lookup return cell reference istead of "text" for sumif?
I am trying to use a lookup-function to determine a different sum range for several criteria. Like so: =Sumif($A$7:$A$1447;"<"&X3;vlookup(e3;AT3:AU11;2;false)-Sumif($A$7:$A $1447;"<"&y3;vlookup(e3;AT3:AU11;2;false) The problem is that the vlookup returns text and not the cell reference. Is there a way to get the answer from the lookup expressed as cell reference instead of text, since sumif can't use text, just the cell reference? I use it to calculate the number of hours the staff should be paid, so it's different from weekdays to saturdays, holidays...

Using cell text in a formula
I am trying to use derived cell references in a VLOOKUP formula to matc data in several tables. For example, A1 contains the cell reference fo the top left of my array (A3) whilst cell A2 contains the cel reference for the bottom right of my array (D14). The array I' checking against starts in column E3. However, when I use the formula =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:A2,4,FALSE) I get a #N/ error. I need to use the cell references in each VLOOKUP as the arra sizes may vary in each case. (PS, I've used =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,A2) to derive the cell references. Ji -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

cannot view all of text in large cell, even though I have it to w.
I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. Hi +the limit is 1024 characters. You can extend this with manually inserting linebrekas using aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sydme wrote: > I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no > more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but > still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. ...

Outlook 2003 working with Groupwise client
We are moving our people from Groupwise to Exchange and I am having a horrible time getting the two to work together. We need to keep both clients on the machine for a short time while the switch is done. I installed Outlook 2003 on my workstation running Windows XP and Outlook and Groupwise are happily coexisting. When I tried this on a Windows 2000 machine everything went to crap. I've tried all of the tricks I can think of. I've removed Groupwise and windows messaging and reintalled everything from scratch and no dice. I just keep getting Outlook MAPI errors and messages s...

Exchange 2003 Envelope Journaling not working
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope journaling to work. I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal formatted messages. I have verified with LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the Exchange Org object. Anyone else seen this before or have any advice? Thanks --- Greg Reboot maybe? greg@intellireach.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I...

How to enter Employer Stock Grants (not Options)
What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the following: Employer Stock Grants which vest annually in 3 years Thanks in advance flmiami In microsoft.public.money, FL wrote: >What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the following: > > Employer Stock Grants which vest annually in 3 years If there are no dividends, you can enter it as an employee option with 0 strike price. "FL" <flmiami@nospam.com> wrote in message news:31Duf.92970$k76.64496@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the foll...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

_CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC doesn't seem to work
I'm having problems tracking down a meory leak and thought the best way would be to follow the instructions in MDSN: "Detecting and Isolating Memory Leaks Using Microsoft Visual C++" However, I can only get the basic memory dump, without source file and line number. It's as if _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC is being ignored. I tried building a test application (basic MFC SDI application) to try it out. At the top of Leaktest.h, I have #define _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC #include <stdlib.h> #include <crtdbg.h> In CLeakTestApp::InitInstance(), I have _CrtSetDbgFlag( _CRTD...

How did you add text into publisher, without using boxes?
how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes I suppose you could create your text as an image and insert the image into your publisher file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Calvin Scott" <Calvin Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64D23D52-138D-47B4-B265-4A41BF14BF55@microsoft.com... > how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes Calvin Scott <Calvin Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes You don't. Text in Publisher has to e...

Add range options to Rec Dist report
Add additonal range options to the Receivings Distribution report - only by Audit Trail is allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b0268d6b-4b6a-4805-9b52-e...

OWA timeout does not work for every client
I set the timeout setting on OWA, i don't have any issues but i'm getting lots of complaints that users are getting logged of after 15 min. why does this happen with some clients but not all? thx ...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

Journal stopped working #2
I have noticed that after upgrading from Outlook XP (2002) to Office Outlook 2003 my journal has completely stopped logging entries. I have turned it off and re-initialized it and still not entries. I mailing want it to log Word and Excel files. Any help would be appreciated I am running Exchange 2003 in cached outlook mode on a SBS 2003 server. ...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...