text styles

how to remove latin and asian styles?
0
SIU (13)

SIU <SIU@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> how to remove latin and asian styles?

Latin fonts are a core component of Windows, as they are required for
displaying English text.

East Asian styles can be uninstalled through the Regional Settings area of
the Control Panel in Windows.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Printing without certain text (i.e., answers, notes)
Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For example, I need to print a student version without answers and instructor's notes. Thanks, TM One way would be to use a style (call it Answers for example), when you want to print out the students copies change the color of the style Answers to white. That should do it. "TM" <t_mccollough@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e6czHS2YDHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For > example, I need to print a student version without answers an...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

Excel cells should take number format and/or optional text eg Dec.
I usually pre-set number formats and other limitations on forms to ensure that I get the information that I need. Often, however, the date is vague and requires text, e.g., Nov 2005 instead of 11/1/05, which is Excel's default if you type in "Nov 2005." I can alleviate the issue on my own work, but my forms need to remain locked when being used by others. My suggestion is that an option be offered so a cell could take either/or text or number in the case of dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the ...

Autofill Text
I am trying to create a series of text sets, eg. aaa-aaz, aab-abz, but find that I cannot autofill unless the series contains numbers or dates. Can any one suggest a simple answer for this as I am not an experienced user of EXCEL. It seems that filling in each series individually is the answer but it's a lot from aaa to zzz. Would be greatful for any assistance. Cheers "Ryko" <sourcemusic@tsn.cc> wrote in message news:ADBE64DF-285A-4050-B88E-A98BFCD84CD4@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a series of text sets, eg. aaa-aaz, aab-abz, but find that I cannot autofill...

inverting text box or fonts for artwork
I cannot figure out how to invert text that is inside a text box. If there is not any way to do this is there a way to invert text outside a text box? Thank you for your help Kathy The entire text box gets inverted. If you want just a line or a word to invert, you need to make a separate text box. Just make the box active, select the icon that looks like a line with an arrow head in a circle and click on it. BTW, this is with Publisher 2000. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Kathy Keating" <revskc@mcdeb.com> wrote in message n...

Adjusting Two Columns with Text
I have two columns. I've entered numbered text in each column. As I add more numbered items, the second column keeps adjusting itself downward. Is there anyway to freeze the second column as I add items to column one? I am not really sure what you mean by "the second column keeps adjusting itself downward". Do you have a two column table, or is the document formatted with columns? It sounds like you may have the former when what you want is the latter. Format the document so that it has two columns (via the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab in Word 200...

Shrinking font in Report Text Box
I have strings of varying length that I need to display in the same text box, so I would like to be able to shrink the text if it would otherwise be truncated. I've read other, similar posts but still have a question. It seems that Lebans AutoSizeFont is the right module for me to download (http://www.lebans.com/autosizefont.htm), but having done that, I'm not sure how to "apply" it to the text box in question. I've got no experience using modules. Could someone walk me through it? Thanks, Keith Keith wrote: >I have strings of varying length that I need to...

Vanishing Entourage Message Text
OK, so here's a good one. On the MacBook Pro, running latest OS and up to date Office 2004, some email messages display no text. Toggling the "display complex HTML" does not resolve this. If I get the same message forwarded through another user, it often displays properly. Suggestions? Dan Hi Dan, are you by any chance connected to an Exchange 2003 server? If yes, Microsoft released a patch a week or two ago which introduced a bug in OWA. They are aware of the problem and working on a fix. If that does not explain your problem, you'll have to post back and be more sp...

cell to have comma-delimited values based on text
I have a table called "220_reference" with a column name "Part Number" having a sample value of below: 4047122(All Dash no.), 4057222(All Dash no.), 4058222(All Dash no.), 4060122(All Dash no.) The entire value is in one cell representing the "Part Number" column(defined as general type so text I suppose). Simple enough. But what I need to do is take any number that has "(All Dash no.)" after it and search through a column in another table to retrieve any rows that have that number(text) in it. The other table name is "220" with ...

excel grid lines over lapping the text
Closer to the bottom of a printed Excel spread sheet the text is moving into the lines. I cannot tell if the grid or the text is moving. I am a printer technician for HP and I have looked at the printer and it is OK. The driver has been updated also. Can anyone else? I won't bore you with the standard 'Update the Printer Driver' answer, because if anyone's got the latest then you have :-) I did try a Google on it, and found practically zip on solutions for this, other than one suggestion from Nick, that you may want to give a go:- >>I doubt Excel and strange though it ...

Outlook 2003 bug -can't insert note as text
When creating a mail message, choose Item from the Insert menu, then try to insert a note as text. All that is inserted into the mail is the date and time the note was last modified. Outlook XP and Outlook 2000 don't have this bug - they correctly insert the text of the note into the body of the mail. Nick ...

Wizard button text
I am creating a Wizard with slightly non-standard behaviour and I need to change the text of the Finished and Cancel buttons. I can use SetFinishText() for the Finished button but can't see a way to change the text of the Cancel button. Is it possible to do this? The reason I want this behaviour is that the Wizard allows the user to configure devices and I want them to be able to set up several devices without restarting the Wizard each time. So the "Finished" button would be better labelled "Configure" or "Apply" because it applies the settings to ...

Text and Formula in the Same Cell
Good Morning, Everyone - Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a cell that has text - "Vendo Name" - and I also want that cell to contain a formula (counta). I this possible? Thankx, C -- theboatdud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- theboatdude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27525 Here's an example: ="Vendor Name: "&COUNTA(B:B) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >Goo...

Unbound Text Box Help
I have an unbound text box called TYPE, that I want to display the name of a transaction type. See below code. I have added this to the BeforeUpdate and the AfterUpdate and the TYPE remains blank. This is DSform and the infromation is for display purposes only. Does anyone have any suggestions on why this is not working and what I can do to correct my ways. Matt Private Sub TYPE_BeforeUpdate() If Me.TRANS_TYP = "S" Then Me.TYPE = "SALES FORECAST" End If If Me.TRANS_TYP = "I" Then Me.TYPE = "INVOICE" End If ...

Fill in text from drop down list box in Excel
Hello, I have created a drop down list box but the list is getting too big and the user has to scroll down the list to select the data. Is there a feature I can use to display the data that start with the same string. For example: If I type "Be" in my box, the box could display the list that start with "BE or Be". I created the drop down list by using "Data", chose "Validation", and chose "List" from the "Allow" tab. Thanks for your help. Bexi Bexi If your drop-down list if from Data Validation, you cannot have Autocomplete. T...

e-mail Print Style options not available
One of our users here can only get the "Print Style" options (Memo Style, etc.) to appear when she selects a message in her inbox and then goes to File > Print. If she opens the message first and then goes to File > Print, then only a standard printer settings dialogue pops up - no "Print Style" options appear at all. I checked a few other users' installations, and everyone else seems to get the Print Style options no matter where they choose to print from. Any ideas on how to get the Print Style options to appear from within a message window? This user customaril...

Shortcut key for centering Text
Hi, I'm a longtime Lotus 123, Word and Powerpoint user finally being forced to Excel. One of the very first things I tried to do in Excel was to center some text in a cell with a shortcut key. In every Microsoft application I've ever used(I think), I've been able to left align with (ctrl l), right align with (ctrl r) and center with (ctrl e). This works in Word and Powerpoint etc etc. But I can't get it to work in Excel. Surely there is a simple shortcut key to center text in excel, isn't there. I mean, this is such a basic thing. I don't want to have to grab my m...

text form field in a cell
I have built a form in a table. For each field I have inserted a text form field into a cell of fixed size larger than the text field object. Is there a way to make it so that if you click anywhere in the cell that the cursor moves to the text form field that is in that cell. Currently if you click in the cell the cursor will move to the next text form field in the table. Any suggetions including changing the form format by not using form fields woud be apreciated. Have you protected the document for filling in forms? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgro...

Option to convert from text to mdb is missing
I just downloaded and installed Access 2003 from the MSDN site. I created and opened a dummy database. Then selected File, Get External Data, Import to bring a csv file into a table. But the Files of Type dropdown does not have any text or xls options. Are the drivers missing? The help system says they should be installed by default, but I'm stuck. Also, I should mention that every time I start up Access, it says it is "Preparing to install" then askes me to wait while it configures Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. Install came to a successful conclusion ...

Getting Visual Studio Output Window Text
Hi, When the program loads up, I would like to display the DLL's being loaded like the way it does in Visual Studio Output window, or like the way Adobe reader initializes. Any leads? Thanks, -- Christopher J. Holland [!MVP] http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/ http://www.codeguru.com http://www.codeproject.com http://www.naughter.com/ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/howto/ http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Saving Selected Cells to a Text File w/o using a VBA script
I am trying to save only a range of cells in a worksheet to a tab-delimited text file. I have seen entries posted in this discussion group and have implemented a VBA script (based on some recommnedations posted) that does what I need to do. But my question is: Is there a way to save only a selected portion of a worksheet within a workbook to a text file? (i.e., NOT the entire worksheet, just a selection of cells). Thanks for any help you can give. Hi without VBA not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "patm" <patm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

Auto complete text in a cell?
How can I fix my spreadsheet so that when I type in the first letter(s) of a word, the program automatically completes the word? Can I fix it so it will give me a choice of words? Specifically, I just hate to keep typing the same terminal name over and over. Thanks much ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Essentially, Excel isn't a word processing app. There are a few of things you could look at, inc. - 1. (Tools --) AutoCorrect. 2. Data Validat...

More than one text direction in the same field
How do I make the text go in more than one direction in the same field at the same time ...