Text style reverts on save

I am using Publisher 2003 SP2.  I have a document that has a few text styles
I have defined.  When I modify a style the document appearsw properly, but
when I save the file, close Publisher, and re-open Publisher the changes are
lost.  If I delete the misbehaving style and re-create it all is well, except
that the change to another style vanishes.  help!
0
andyo (4)

Daylight Savings Time Changes
Hello, Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System Manager)? Thanks in advance K On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:03 -0800, Kerry <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has >to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System >Manager)? > >Thanks in advance >K Im all for consistency. If the patch isnt needed, it shouldnt install, so I would at ...

saving as xml
Hi, The following url give you an XML output http://webservices.titantvguide.titantv.com/contentblocks.asmx/TonightOn?registrationKey=g8byqgPai3PYi1i7VOfEcKDfKOeYwmYM is there a way to save this as an xml file on to the server? Thanks in Advance. Regards Manoj Manoj Paramu Das wrote: > is there a way to save this as an xml file on to the server? What's the difference between saving XML file and HTML file? Just create WebRequest, get response stream and save it. -- Oleg Tkachenko XML Insider http://www.tkachenko.com/blog ...

Im desperate to fix my fragmented memor...will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch?
Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch? The Situation: -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4. -2.5 gb of RAM -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes. -Group Shield virus scanning Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail processing errors. THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK. Here is what I have tried. -Regedit ajustment to the heep. -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors). -sp3 (which claims to have fixed ...

close workbook without saving or promt to save
i am new to excel 2007 and when closing the only visible sheet in my workbook i need it to close the workbook without offering option to save. i have tried to use macros but i dont think im doing it correctly. i have a active button that works but i would like it to work when you close from the top right x or exit excel button. shane In Thisworkbook module of your workbook. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub Note you have to save at least once before closing first time or you will lose the code your just pasted into the...

Saving file for new year
I would like to redo my Money file for the new year. I have transactions back to 2003. I'd like to create a new file that begins with 2008. I remember years ago that Quicken gave me that option. Is there anyway to do this with Micorsoft Money? In microsoft.public.money, grsode wrote: >I would like to redo my Money file for the new year. I have transactions >back to 2003. I'd like to create a new file that begins with 2008. I >remember years ago that Quicken gave me that option. Is there anyway to do >this with Micorsoft Money? File->New->NewFile lets ...

Text Box Linked To Cell
My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a particular cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? Thanks, Denise Hi denise, Make a Text Box from the drawing toolbar. Select the box and in the Formula Bar, type = and then select the cell, press enter. ( IE: =$C$5 ) The cell can also be on a different sheet, just do the same. ( IE: =Sheet2!C5 ) Dave denise Wrote: > My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a > particular > cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? > > Thanks, > Denise -- Piranha --------------------------...

print folder in table style
Hello all, My CU wants to print a list of files in a folder. He use Outlook 2002. Click Other Shortcuts -> My computer -> choose a folder -> Click the print icon on toolbar -> choose Table Style -> print preview The header and footer can be printed properly. However the content is blank. I mean: there is no file in the list. I can print properly at my side. However at the CU side, there are 2000 users encounter the same problem. And there are four kinds of printer. All have this problem. Any suggestion? Thanks! ...

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

saving and remaming files
Folks, Have a small company with 5 pc's networked with Server 2000. Recently users have complained that when they open excel files (that are stored on the server and shared by all users) and make changes...they hit "save" (as they always have) and it renames the file as (if the secretary has recalled the error message correctly) as a temp file. This has obviously caused problems with the other users. When they go to open the folder (after changes have been made by another user) they do not see the changes. They have combated the problem even further as they have started to rena...

Outlook plugin for saving mails by dragging
Hi all, Our Legal team want some way of saving all emails related to a project into a common folder. We use microsoft exchange but our exchange admins will not allow use of public folders. The only way i can see around it is for the staff to setup a folders in the shared secure file area and save the emails they want into these. However, while the idea sounds perfect to them, they aren't happy with idea of saving individual emails to the folder one at a time, instead they would prefer some way of dragging them to the folder. I was wondering if anyone knew of an Outlook plugin or any other...

Disappearing Text
Hi. All my new and existing mail in Outlook Express has the subject line and the from populated, but the body of the message won't come up. We get the hourglass and it never goes away. Any ideas? Please email answers to kevinbrand@earthlink.net. Thanks Kevin Hi, Start --> Run --> Regsvr32 inetcomm.dll Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1284e01c41826$c0787480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi. All my new and existing mail in Outlook Express has > the subject line and the from populate...

save font with file
I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there is no problem to display and print this document from my PC, but when I try on another PC which do not have installed the GDT font, this is missed. how can I save the font with the excel file? Hi, I'm not an expert in this area, but I believe you need to have the fonts installed on each pc that needs it; a good reason to keep to familiar fonts, I guess. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there >is no problem to display and print this document from my >PC, but whe...

OWA
OWA text field is always 'grayed out' - on new messages and replies. Small "x" button in upper left of text field seems to have no functionality. Subject field is OK. Bummer - do you have a question? If yes, then try asking it in an Exchange news group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. Microsoft.public.exchange.admin is a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

Inserting a string of text in front of existing text in excel
How do I insert a word or words in front of existing text cells on a multiple cell basis ? Hi try something like the following macro (works on your selection): sub foo() dim rng as range dim cell as range dim str_part set rng=selection str_part="precede_" for each cell in rng if cell.value<>"" then cell.value=str_part & cell.value end if next end sub >-----Original Message----- >How do I insert a word or words in front of existing text >cells on a multiple cell basis ? >. > If a formula will do, try something like this (with the existing text...

Problem creating full text index
I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or private store. When I try to creat the index I get the error; The directory name is invalid. Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1 ID no: 8007010b Exchange system Manager This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores. The directory does exist. I have looked over the permissions and tried to compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious differences. Any ideas? Did you follow this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822932/en-us Nue "Jonathan Huber" <JonathanHu...

International Range style settings
Hi there, I am using Excel 2007, the Ducth version. I have created a workbook with macros, partly recorded. In one of the I am using some code like With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Ongeldig" End If End With In the English version it shoul be With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Bad" End If End With Is there a constant I can ue instead of the text "Bad"? Thanks Wouter Styles have both Name and Local name properties, so I *think* the English name should work ...

Modify Exchange undeliverable email text
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to modify the text of the message that is sent for an undeliverable email address? Thank You Jason Shaw Not natively. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Jasons9745 wrote: > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to modify the text of the message that > is sent for an undeliverable email address? > Thank You > Jason Shaw Not easily done. Jasons9745 wrote: > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to modify the text of the message that > is sent for an undeliverable email address? > Thank You > Jason Shaw > > -...

converting from text to numerical number
I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following: 1 2 3 .... 31 row 1 row 2 row 3 Jan row 4 row 5 Feb row x Dec I would like to replace column 1 up to Jan to 1. Replace the cell below Jan to Feb to 2. etc. Would anyone help. Thanks in advance. You could select cells A1:A3, type a 1, then press Ctrl+Enter Select A4:A5, type a 2, and press Ctrl+Enter And so on, till all twelve months are done. james wrote: > I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following: > > 1 2 3 .... 31 &...

Input text message (dialog box) for data validation
Hello all: This may sound idiotic to some, but I've already been wasting too much time with this option, and am looking for some guru insight. I am trying to input text into the Data Validation Text Box that looks something like this: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Q3) Was this a prospective or retrospective analysis or study documenting the effects of XYZ that compared and reported the data in the Marketing Strategy Program? a) Yes b) No c) This appears to be a concise comparison, but ot...

Access 2007 Special Effect Text Box Won't show Sunken with Windows XP
Hi All I am just getting to grips with Access 2007 and one of the quirks I have found is that when I design using Windows in XP Windows-Classic colors and set the text boxes on forms' special effect property to "sunken" They appear as sunken in the correct manner. However, when I change to the Windows XP color scheme the forms text boxes appear flat even though the special effect property has not changed. Any ideas or is it a new quirk we have to live with. I haven't tried it with Vista yet. That should be interesting Thanks Bob I am quite sure this is the same for acce...

randomly scatter text
I have pub. 2003, I need to know how to take a phrase and randomly scatter it allover the page, with out placing it manually. I was able to do it on the last version of publisher but I can't seem to find the random button on this one. PLEASE HELP!!! Tabs? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jenice" <jenice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C51271-D425-4E3E-8A71-55365A05D774@microsoft.com... >I have pub. 2003, I need to know how to take a phrase and randomly scatter it > all...

Sorting imported text
I have a spreadsheet into which I've imported a great deal of data in two columns only. I set out rows one, three and five of hundreds of such rows. The cells in column A consist of place names. (The "C" following the place name stands for "City", the "A" for "Area".) The cells in column C represent the population of the city or area, as the case may be. I've formatted the cells in column C as numbers. Albury (C) 44887 Armidale Dumaresq (A) 24596 Ashfield (A) 40258 I want to sort the placenames in order of their po...

Changes not saved
I run Office 2002 SP2. Some people had reported that they did minor changes in excel (such as changing a value in a column), saved it, close the file, when the file re- opened, the changes has not been saved. Help! Any Ideas? Thanks The only time I've seen things like this is when there are two workbooks with the same name. You make the changes to one of them, save it, close it, but reopen a different one? (You don't have any macros that stop the save--this one is pretty farfetched. I'd look, but not get my hopes up too high.) You may want to sit with one of the users who c...

Text Function with Different Formatting for Number
I'm trying to use a text function where I reference a number from another cell but I need the text part to be bold and the number not to be bold. This is the formula I'm using right now: ="Sales: "&TEXT(A16,"$#,##0_);($#,##0)") Unfortunately, excel won't let me just make the text bold without making the number bold. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks M, I think a macro could do this, since it's really a string you're going to wind up with. But if you can put the Sales: part in a separate cell, life will be much easier anyway. then you ...

Saving File
I have Publisher 2003 which has worked fine up until recently. The problem is that when I open a previously saved file and work on this with Text and Graphics, when I go to save the file, it appears to have saved, but when I open the file again, the changes are missing. I was wondering whether it could be a Memory problem (500 Megs of RAM on the Computer) or could it be Publisher itself? Thanks for any help Might do some disk clean-up. Especially your temp folder. In Windows Explorer, type %temp% in the address bar. Clean up this folder and see if it helps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ht...