Text over a picture

I am trying to put text over a picture.  The picture is in place, then I put
a text frame over it.  The " fill" covers up the picture and I can't figure
out how to make the text over the picture, but still see all the picture .
It is a black and white picture and the letters are going over a black part
so I was the text white so it shows up, but I can't figure out how to do it.
Basically in the end I am trying to make the picture look like a watermark
behind the text.  Help!
0
reflipper (1)

What format is the picture?
The text box can be made transparent, select the box, ctrl + t.
What version Publisher are you using? In newer versions of Publisher there is a
wash-out feature. Look on the picture toolbar for an icon that looks like a bar
chart.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"reflipper" <reflipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to put text over a picture.  The picture is in place, then I put
> a text frame over it.  The " fill" covers up the picture and I can't figure
> out how to make the text over the picture, but still see all the picture .
> It is a black and white picture and the letters are going over a black part
> so I was the text white so it shows up, but I can't figure out how to do it.
> Basically in the end I am trying to make the picture look like a watermark
> behind the text.  Help!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Inserting picture in publisher
when I insert a picture as a background it adds it as a tiled back ground, rather than 1 picture. Please can any one give me a tip on how to get rid of the tiles. Using windows xp. When you use the "Format Background" you will get tiling. Find a picture you like, place it on the Master Page; stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rizzo" <rizzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64C8D107-0F74-4416-AEFE-A7368C3A69FB@microsoft.com... > when I insert a picture as a background it adds it as a tiled back ground, > rather than 1...

getting auto text and custom dictionary from PC to Mac
Does anybody know how to transfer Auto text entries and custom dictionary from PC to Imac? thanks On 8/9/07 2:06 PM, in article 1186693563.824615.83420@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "sheilasmith17@gmail.com" <sheilasmith17@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anybody know how to transfer Auto text entries and custom > dictionary from PC to Imac? You would need to do a copy/paste of contents. There is no import function for cross platform entries. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.en...

scale drawing to imported picture (scan of plan)
Hi group, This is what I'm doing: New drawing, Home Plan (Metric) stencil. I set the scale manually (to 74.5 mm = 3750 mm) I have measured this scale from the plan before scanning. Now when I measure some distance I get 4050 mm = 4350 mm. This should be 4350 = 4350 mm How can I correct my scale to reflect measurements correctly? Thanks a lot! Erwin Are you saying that when you print out your drawing, the scaling is wrong? If so, go to File > Page Setup > Print Setup tab and make sure that Adjust to 100% is selected. If this isn't what you mean, perhaps a bit more explan...

How do I unwrap text to columns?
I have a spreadsheet where the addresses have been saved as wrapped text in one column. I want to spilt the addresses into columns as Address1, Address2 etc but I can't enter the wrap character (which I think is ALT+ENTER) as a delimiter in the Text to Columns wizard. I have also tried search and replace but again Excel will not recognise ALT+ENTER as a delimiter Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks Re-format the column to eliminate the wrap.............then use Data > TextToColumns with Alt010 (from the keypad) as the delimiter Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ChristineR&...

Help importing "Text to Columns" repeatedly
I have a huge number of txt files that we need to import to Excel. Th problem is that I have to import them one at a time and will have to d this every day in the future. Here is an example of what it look like: Code ------------------- Column 1 Data Column 2 Column 3 Not fixed width Data1 Data 2 goes here Data 3 goes here ------------------- As you can see the data is aligned on the left with the longest dat string setting the column width. This can be a data value or th column heading... Only spaces are present not tabs. Currently I hav to do a Text to Co...

How can I get a cell to automatically resize vertically with the amount of text in it ??
How can I get a cell (row) to automatically resize vertically with the amount of text in it ?? Format, Cells, Alignment, Wrap text luke58 wrote: > How can I get a cell (row) to automatically resize vertically with the > amount of text in it ?? Set to "warap text" and row autofit. If it is not working for you, could be you have merged cells which autofit will not handle. Need VBA code or manually fit to size. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:18:07 GMT, luke58 <luke58@hotmail.com> wrote: >How can I get a cell (row) to automatically resize verti...

treat as text
hi, i have two questions. 1) there is something you can select in excel so that when you writ really long numbers it treats it as text and doesn't truncate it or pu it scientific notation. I was wondering what exactly the menu was an what needed to be selected. I'm using office 97 2) i have a text file that when i convert to csv and open it up, som of the information is missing. Espeacially if it seems to begin with 1 or a 0. I'm just wondering how this can be avoided since excel i what is reading the csv file. Thank you very much. this problem is really frustrasting me -- Me...

Publisher 2000
Hi, I wonder whether anyone can help me please. I am using Publisher 2000 and have created a speech bubble from the Custom Tools, I then want to add some text into this speech bubble, so have added a text frame and moved it on top of the speech bubble and made it transparent. My problem is that I want the text to fit within the shape of the speech bubble, rather than the left aligned text within the text frame. Not sure if this is clear enough, but I want all of the text to fit within the speech bubble shape. I have searched everywhere and can find nothing that helps. Have you tried ...

how to send emails in text format
i am trying to setup using survey methods for sending out surveys to clients for cases, post-sales, etc. the format of the emails sent to survey methods needs to be in text format. does anyone know how to do this for this one account or contact? thanks! dale ...

Excel 2003 / Send To / Mail Recipient / body text is removed
When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email as an Attachment. If they type any text into the body of the email it is replaced with <<...>> How can I change this ? If you don't get a good reply here, you may want to post in one of the .Outlook newsgroups. jmaynard2 wrote: > > When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail > Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email > as an Attachment. > > If they typ...

Outlook 2003
How do I add a picture from my PC to show up in the body of the text of an email I am sending out in Outlook 2003? "MsKelly" <MsKelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80FC36DB-C8FB-44EB-9EEA-1CE6C1AEA0AC@microsoft.com... > How do I add a picture from my PC to show up in the body of the text of an > email I am sending out in Outlook 2003? Embed it in the body of an HTML or Rich Text message. Avoid Rich Text if the recipient doesn't use Outlook. I use copy/paste and it works fine. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

IMAP errors
Outlook 2003 configured for IMAP email. Some emails do not show the reply text message, though it shows just about everything else. School tech support recommended changing email options to download complete items, including attachments. This did not help. The school is using Sun's OneMessenger Express email service. Thanks ...

How can I insert a picture from file while worksheet is protected
In a passwork protected edit range ...

Viewing pictures in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have recently bought Office 2008 for Mac, and find that pictures in documents created in Word 2004 show as blank frames in Word 2008. Similarly, documents (.doc format) made in Windows do not show pictures, only frames, whereas when opened in Word 2004, the pictures are displayed. <br> Text is displayed correctly. Take a trip into Word> Preferences - View, remove the check on 'Image Placeholders' & make sure that 'Drawing Objects' is checked. If that doesn't correct it ve...

print text boxes
The text boxes on a graph no not print. You have probably added the text boxes to the worksheet, not to the chart. When you select the chart, do the text boxes disappear? To make a text box as part of a chart, select the chart, then use the text box drawing tool to make the textbox. Easier still, select the chart, then start typing, and the text will appear in a new text box in the chart. You can select and cut the textboxes you have now, which are outside of the chart, then select the chart, and paste, and they will become part of the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel...

How do I add pictures to a form in Access 2007?
I've used 2003 and had to install photo editor. Do I have to do that in 2007 as well? I've set it up as a bound ole object in the form, inserted the photo from a file, but it displays as an icon. I've switched it to content on the properties, but it will not display the picture. ...

IIf Statement returns Text when null
I have an IIf statement in an unbound text box in a subform that shows contacts from the Contact table that are related to the Parent form, which houses data from the Company table. The IIf statement is extremely long, so i'll only post the part that is in question: IIf([Newsletter] = 0,IIf([MonthlyThought] = 0,"","Subscriptions" & Chr(58) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Monthly Thought"),"Subscriptions" & Chr(58) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Newsletter" & IIf([MonthlyThought] = 0,"",Chr(13) & Chr(10) &a...

how do i count text and display it as text plus the # times it hap
PromotionName UnitSales ChannelName Quarter Boxing Day 1200 Richard 1 1 Boxing Day 1300 Will 2 2 Boxing Day 1600 Will 3 3 Boxing Day 1300 Will 3 4 I want to know how many times Boxing day occured as well as displaying the Text "Boxing Day" I tried SumProduct Function I tried CountIF and combination I tried Counta none of them work ="Boxing Day occurs "&COUNTIF(A:A,"Boxing Day")&" times" -- HTH Bob Phillips (re...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

Arabic Text 05-23-07
Dear sir I have a C.R.M V.3.1 . i make upload for some customer i have on SQL Database . the data are sucessful transfer but its a corrupted data , i cont show the arabic text like this ???????? @#$$#%#%#$% ...

saving to text file
I am encountering a strange error message when i try to save my Excel 2000 file to a tab-delimited text file. I am receiving the following message: "'[File Name].xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." None of the cases stated in the error messages are true of these files. If you have any suggestions to rectify this situation, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. If you use windows explorer to copy your .xls file to your local hard...

Populating text custom fields of the summary tasks in a Master Project
Hello, Situation: I'm using MS Project 2003. No Project Server. I have several (10+) subprojects linked to the Consolidated/Master project file. The structure is simple: Subproject1 -- Design1 -- Develop1 -- Implement1 Subproject2 -- Design2 -- Develop2 -- Implement2 etc. Each task has additional text custom fields (Text1 - Status, Text2 - Issues, etc.). The information in these fields is supposed to be entered by project managers of the subprojects, and should be available in the master file. Everything works fine at the level of individual tasks (Design, Develop, ...

Spontaneous Text Replication in Word & Entourage
Initially, it was only in Word. Arbitrary portions of text spontaneously replicate throughout my documents as I work on them. My documents balloon to their twice length because of this unwanted replication of words, sentences, and paragraphs. It doesn't necessarily replicate while I'm at the computer either. Sometimes I return to the computer and discover that text had replicated in my brief absence. But now it's spread to Entourage. I've trashed the Microsoft folder in my Preferences folder with no luck. Anyone else experiencing this bug? Any suggestions for a fix? I...

Date to text
Hi All Can someone please help me out with something that's been puzzling me for quite some time? I have a column of dates that I've imported into Excel from another application. On the spreadsheet, the format is yyyymmdd so that's fine. When I go into a cell, on the formula bar, it shows up as yyyy-mm-dd. My regional settings for dates is yyyy-mm-dd. Without changing my regional settings, can I get the actual value of the cell to be "yyyymmdd" not "yyyy-mm-dd"? For example, in cell A1, the contents appear as 20030207. Going into the cell, the ...

Text to numbers #2
I am converting the following to numbers using =value(LEFT(D117,LEN(D117)-1)) 4" 3/4" 2" All works fine except the fraction keeps turning into a date value? I try formatting the cells but this does not work either? Any advice -- Ray Ray, Try this =VALUE(IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("/",D6)),"0 ","")&LEFT(D6,LEN(D6)-1)) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D8C1083-6C0C-4293-813D-C86D79BCFE86@microsoft.com... > I am converting the following to numbers using =value(LEFT(D117,LEN(D117)-1)...