Text colours printing wrong

(Publisher 2003 and Windows XP). I have just installed Office Professional
and am trying to use Publisher 2003. However the printed text colours do not
match the design colours at all making it totally useless! Fills and
pictures are ok. It is as if each font color is being translated to a new
colour. This is easily seen in Print Preview. Even when I us a supplied
template without modification this happens. Tried different colour schemes
with similar results. Example in the Nutmeg scheme a dark crimson prints as
a bright flame red and the khaki prints as bright yellow. If I convert to a
web page all is ok including printing. Anyone any idea what's happening
here? I ended up creating the needed document in Word after many wasted
hours. All other applications print just fine. Thanks if you have any ideas
to solve this stupid problem. John I

0
ivemail (3)

This issue is unknown in any version of Publisher.

Go to the website of your printer manufacturer and download and install the
latest version printer drivers for your model printer.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
5/2/2004 2:11:17 PM
On 02 May 2004 08:04, "BTInternet" <ivemail@btinternet.com> wrote:
>(Publisher 2003 and Windows XP). I have just installed Office
>Professional and am trying to use Publisher 2003. However the printed
>text colours do not match the design colours at all making it totally
>useless! Fills and pictures are ok. It is as if each font color is
>being translated to a new colour. This is easily seen in Print Preview.
>Even when I us a supplied template without modification this happens.
>Tried different colour schemes with similar results. Example in the
>Nutmeg scheme a dark crimson prints as a bright flame red and the khaki
>prints as bright yellow. If I convert to a web page all is ok including
>printing. Anyone any idea what's happening here? I ended up creating
>the needed document in Word after many wasted hours. All other
>applications print just fine. Thanks if you have any ideas to solve
>this stupid problem. John I

Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer
drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix
the problems you are encountering.

If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the
manufacturers website of your printer to download and install the
latest printer driver that is available. It's important to note that
the CD-Rom that came with your printer will most likely NOT have the
most recent driver for your printer.

Popular Printer Driver Sites:
-----------------------------
Canon
http://www.usa.canon.com/html/cprSupportDetail.jsp?minisite=10000&a=b&navfrom=DrivD

HP
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/eng/support.html

Lexmark
http://www.lexmark.com/US/support/drivers/index.html

Epson
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/index.jsp
and visit the downloads/drivers section

Brother
http://www.brother.com/E-ftp/info/index.html
-----------------------------

Search for the printer driver that represents the make and model that you
are using and download that driver. I would make sure you select "Save"
when prompted for download, not "Run". Typically many save to My Documents.
Do not install or run the setup.

Go to Start > Settings > Printers and right click on your current printer
and choose delete from the menu that appears. If prompted to remove all
files, choose yes. Then restart your computer.

Once your computer restarts, go to the folder where your new printer driver
was downloaded and double click the file to extract the printer driver.
This should prompt you through the setup routine for the new driver. If
your computer "detects new hardware" upon restart, it's ok to hit cancel
on that dialog. Go ahead and continue your setup routine of your newly
downloaded printer driver.

If the file that you downloaded is not an executable, but only a file
that is *.inf, then you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go to Start >Settings > Printers
2. Choose "Add Printer"
3. Choose Next
4. Select "Local Printer" then click Next
5. At the next dialog box choose "Have Disk"
6. Browse to the location of your newly downloaded *.inf file
7. Follow the remaining prompts (you may have to insert your Windows CD)
8. I would recommend restarting your computer at this point.

Now try a new print from Publisher.

This should fix your troubles. If not, either contact your printer
manufacturer directly and inform them of the problem you have experienced.
They might request that you try an older printer driver.

Post back if you have any further questions. Feel free to visit my website
at http://www.mvps.org/publisher for some great information.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

bkvalheim (1291)
5/2/2004 5:11:33 PM
Thanks Guys. I thought I had the latest HP drivers installed - perhaps not.
Anyway either re-installing the print driver or some other tweak along way
the problem is fixed. As I am not 100% sure what the fix was I hope it
doesn't come back!! John I

"Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> downloaded printer driver.
>
> If the file that you downloaded is not an executable, but only a file
> that is *.inf, then you will need to follow these steps:
>
> 1. Go to Start >Settings > Printers
> 2. Choose "Add Printer"
> 3. Choose Next
> 4. Select "Local Printer" then click Next
> 5. At the next dialog box choose "Have Disk"
> 6. Browse to the location of your newly downloaded *.inf file
> 7. Follow the remaining prompts (you may have to insert your Windows CD)
> 8. I would recommend restarting your computer at this point.
>
> Now try a new print from Publisher.
>
> This should fix your troubles. If not, either contact your printer
> manufacturer directly and inform them of the problem you have experienced.
> They might request that you try an older printer driver.
>
> Post back if you have any further questions. Feel free to visit my website

0
ivemail (3)
5/2/2004 8:04:57 PM
Brian K has your parrot disease become a problem again?

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
5/2/2004 8:46:35 PM
On 02 May 2004 15:46, "MSPublisher" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote:
>Brian K has your parrot disease become a problem again?

No parrot, just supplying more details. Thanks for your concern though.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

bkvalheim (1291)
5/2/2004 10:03:27 PM
So glad as avian bird flu is presently a major problem in Asia.
I would hate to have thought it had spread across the water.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)

text spacing problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3A3B6.68CA9C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have nine lines of plain arial text written in an Excel worksheet (at = 12 point size), but when I print out this text, not all but several = letters are squished together for some reason. First I tried creating = each line as a separate block of text, then I merged the cells in all = nine lines so that the entire paragraph is one single cell. In either = case, the letters remain pushed together in sev...

Printing of cells in Excel with conditional equations?
How do I suppress printing of cells in Excel that have a conditional equation in the cell and appear as blanks in the worksheet, but when I print I get a blank label. I am setting this up for a user and I don't want them to have to highlight the cells and then use SELECTION in the print parameters? Can you pick out a column that always has data when the row should be printed--and is always blank when the row should not be printed? If yes, then I'd apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to that range/column. Filter to show just the non-blanks and then print, then data|filter|showall to get...

Conditional Formatting based on Text within Text
I need to create a conditional format based on a text string that will be contained in a larger text string within the active cell. I know I can use either the SEARCH or FIND function to determine if a text string is contained within a larger string, but those functions require a cell address and I don't know how to apply them to the current cell address, whatever it might be. So, for example, if the text string is "needs training", and the text in cell A5 is "George has had some exposure to the app, but he needs training", then I would want that cell to apply ...

Form Filling and Print Area
I am creating a template of an existing form. I need cell titles so i can see what information goes where.I want to print the data entered and not the titles. What has been happening is where ever I designate a print area ends up printing as an addittional page instead of just further down my page.How can I accomplish this? If I understand what you're looking for, try linking the data cells to a portion of the sheet that is "off screen", and then designate the off screen cells as the print area. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all cor...

Text box "print object" becomes unchecked within a Chart
First of all, I'm not sure if I should post this question in "Charts" or "General" or another topic, but I have a workbook that has been around for a few years. It used to print fine; now text boxes w/in charts are no longer printing. The solution is going into eachText Box properties and checking "Print Object". (Unfortuantely, there are many textboxes . . . I have a question posted under programming on how to create a macro to fix this problem.) Thank you for any thoughts . . . ...

text wrapping before my right margin
When I open a new document in Word 2003, my text will wrap 1/2 inch before my right margin (i.e. at 6 inches instead of 6.5 inches). My margins are set at 1" L & R and there is no indent set. The only way I've found around this is to either set it for 1 column of 6.5 inch width, or to set my right margin at 0.5 inches so the text will wrap at 6.5 inches. Any idea how to fix this so my text will wrap at the correct margin when I start a new document? Thanks! See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP ...

crop marks on a two sided print
I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business card on a sheet of A3). I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as they do not line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher 'helpfully' closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet on this side.... Aaaaargh! Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks 'invisibly' without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'? Help, I am running out of time! Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create the secon...

view changes as I make them without print preview
Please can someone explain how I can view the changes I make to a publication "live" without having to keep going to print preview. I can see changes to text but nothing else i.e colour of background, textures and shape colour and lines. I am using windows XP home edition crazyk.2007 wrote: > Please can someone explain how I can view the changes I make to a publication > "live" without having to keep going to print preview. I can see changes to > text but nothing else i.e colour of background, textures and shape colour and > lines. Read http://ed.mvps.or...

Text in Excel is lost
I typed in some text in a cell, saved the workbook and moved on. When I went back into the document, I found that some of the text had been deleted in a number of cells. Sentences were cut off in the middle (and there was plenty of room in the cell so that's not the problem). Is there a setting that might have changed in the workbook that would have deleted text without me knowing? This is really weird. Maybe all the text was still in the cell, but you just couldn't see it. When you selected the cell, could you see all the text in the formulabar? If yes, you can add alt-ent...

Printing #15
How can I print a half-fold card on 1 page instead of 2 seperate sheets? Print current page, turn it over and do it again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "joceybear" <joceybear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3307099-9072-43B7-82F4-D008CE42E3B3@microsoft.com... > How can I print a half-fold card on 1 page instead of 2 seperate sheets? ...

Blocking text in PPT 2007
Until recently I've used PowerPoint 2002 in XP but recently started using PPT 2007 in Windows 7. Now, when I block text within a colored text box I find it difficult to see (differentiate) the blocked text from the rest because it is shaded so faintly. Is there a way to make the selected text more easily visible? Shaded more distinctly? Thank you, Jeff AFAIK there's no way to change the shading. I've never had a problem with it though which I often did with 2002. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/pow...

Colour fields
VL L M H VH VH 0 0 0 0 0 H 0 1 0 3 0 M 0 2 4 6 0 L 0 20 3 6 0 VL 0 2 2 1 0 I have a x-tab populating a popup form measuring frequency occurences (VL= very low; H=high; L=low etc). Grid is always same size & coloured cells are not dependant on cell contents Can I shade the boxes according to position in grid col1 = orange; col 2 rows 1 - 2 = orange col 2 rows 3 - 5 = green col 3 rows 1 - 2 = green col 3 rows 3 - 5 = orange etc col 5 row 5 - red Basically a 5 x 5 grid with varying colours You could try conditional formatting using an expression based on the value in your row header. ...

How do I extract a part of a text string?
I am trying to extract a portion of a text string. I am able to determine the starting and the ending position of the string but don't know what command to use to extract those portions of the string, i.e. A1(10:15)??? Thank-you ... Kathy you have not provided a great deal of detail or information about you query for anyone to provide you with the exact formulae. you could use the LEFT, MID and RIGHT functions to extract portions o a string. these could be used in conjunction with FIND and SEARCH t provide the starting character position -- icestationzbr ---------------------------...

moving text (rubberband effect)
Hi, I have been trying to have a rubber band effect with text placement So I use XOR flag in CDC::SetROP2 in CMovetextView::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) and using DrawText to draw the text.. but thing is I am not getting the rubberband effect. I can see all the texts as I move the mouse on the view. Why is that so. Can anybody suggest code posting anywhere. Thanks Cric free2cric@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, > I have been trying to have a rubber band effect with text placement > So I use XOR flag in CDC::SetROP2 in > CMovetextView::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) >...

Wording's Colour Change for Logic Function
Hi all, any1 know how to create "IF" function such that the Value it presents is of a certain colour for different condition? E.g.: "=IF(M10>0, "OK", "NOTOK")", "OK" will appear as Green colour wording, and "NOT OK" as Red colour wording. -- Air Lancer You need conditional formatting. Look up 'Highlight cells that meet specific conditions' in the Answer wizard in help -- HTH Bob Phillips "Air Lancer" <chesserhawk-email.yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:C13AE9F0-27D9-4A4E-9CED-6A13B581C38...

Can We Read Text data From an EXE
HI I have an Exe file when it runs ,there are just two controls on the window.One is a ListBox and another is a Multi line Rich Edit control.When i click on an item in the list some text is displayed in the Edit control.Exe have a Hunderds of items in the List controls,which display some text in edit control against an item selection. I want to read that data which is displayed in edit control against the selection of an item in list controls .and want to place that data in a Word file.Can any body tell me how i can do that.is there any API's available to read that data.plz tell me. Cri...

OL 2003: How to print the Created field in tasks?
When I print an Outlook 2003 task, the following fields get printed: Subject Status Percent Complete Total Work Actual Work Owner If a task has a Start Date, then it also gets printed. Interestingly, I created a custom field, which I call "Actor" and it also gets printed. However, I would like to print the Created field (which has the date the task was created). Advise please. ...

How do I copy a print format from sheet to sheet in excel ?
I would like to copy a printing format to other sheets in a workbook including print areas and print titles. Is this possible does anyone know? Thanks. Hello- Unless I'm missing something, most everything you're asking *is* done automatically since your print specs are for the workbook, not sheet-by-sheet. Headers/Footers, Rows to repeat@top, margins, etc. apply to all sheets, and Print Areas need only be set if you want to print a portion of what would normally be output. You might want to consider Named Ranges if you haven't already done so. HTH |:>) "kernat&qu...

Looking for Text strings
I lost all my data and have to redo my home spreadsheet, but It's been awhile since I made it and I have forgotten some of my formulas. I need a simple one tho. On my input page column A I list the amounts. In column B I use a text code for the vender i.e. Column A Column B $42.00 WM $59.00 SW Now what I need is the formula that will place the amount on my data sheet depending on the "WM" or "SW" text codes like so. Wal-mart Safeway $42.00 $59.00 I had my last workbook set up this way but I haven't worked ...

Protect a sheet from Printing within a workbook?
I am making an ordering spreadsheet for my customers. On one sheet, there is every style # of THEIRS, with the corresponding style # of MINE (to preface, my customers refuse to make my life easier by ordering with our style #s, so I have to make up 20 of these sheets for various large customers..but thats beside the point). Again, on one sheet, is about 1000 style #s in two columns (their # and my #) The second and third sheets, are the ones that they are going to use to send in orders to me. When they email me an order, my computer is set to automatically print out the xls files attached ...

overlap text boxes
I am using Publisher 2002, but an officemate only has 2000, so that is the format in which I am saving. I would like to be able to "overlap" two text boxes, so that the positioning of one slightly overlapping the other does not make the text in either move. I keep looking at the options under "Format Text Box," and none of them seems to do this. Do you have any suggestions? Select the text boxes, set the wrap to none... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sorrywm" <sorrywm@discussions.m...

How to diffrentiate Text & number from a single cell????
:( Hi ther guyz............i a have small problem with the execl sheets........... my problem is e.g. i have alot of cells with a number and some text in it........and they both are in one/single cell (e.g. "878 queen st" in A1)....now what i want is to remove let's say "queen st" from each cell so that there is only number left in it.....................i cannot figure out any formula........if there is any..............need help imediately -- pack_card2000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pack_card2000's Profile: http://...

How to make body text indentation follow heading indentation?
I am not sure if this is even possible in Word. I would like to have the indentation of body text paragraphs to be the same as that of their header. Can someone tell me how to do this in Word 2007? Example: HEADING 1 Some text under heading 1. (no indent) HEADING 2 Some text under heading 2. (same indent as heading) HEADING 3 Some text under heading 3. (etc.) Create Paragraph Styles for each of the paragraphs to be used under the Headings and modify each Heading Style to set the appropriate indented paragraph style to be used for the followi...

E-mail option replaced by Mail Recipient as Text-Quick Access Tool
I no longer have the E-mail option on the Quick Access Toolbar. This has been replaced by the Mail Recipient (as Text) option instead. Even when I select E-mail from the Customize Quick Access Toolbar options or through the More Commands option, Word will still automatically converts the E-mail option to Mail Recipient (as Text). When I click on the Office Button and select Send, I still only have the option for Mail Recipient (as Text). The only way for me to send a Word doc as an attachment is to use the Send for Review option, which I don't want to do since it automati...

Printing empty rows
I have a worksheet of 30 rows and 2 columns There are intermittent rows that have no data How can I print the worksheet and not have the spaces due to the empty rows. For example Here is a portion of the follwoing worksheet: .. A B 1 yellow apples 2 green pears 3 oranges 4 blue skies 5 6 violet sunsets 7 black I would like it to print as follows: yellow apples green pears oranges blue skies violet ...