Text boxes not resizing correctly

Hello all,

I have a publisher document that's made up of text boxes, and is
postcard sized.
When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes
bunch up, even if they are grouped together.
I think it has something to do with the fact that the 'keep position
relative' box is disabled when I try to format the text boxes.
Any idea what's going wrong?

Thanks,

Anna
0
itssteps (2)

A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Anna
<itssteps@yahoo.com>!"...
> When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes
> bunch up, even if they are grouped together.

Are you sure it's not the text bunching up?  When resizing the text boxes,
the size of the text does not change.  What happens if you increase the size
of the text within the text boxes?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
2/20/2004 7:09:04 PM
"Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<euZUDU#9DHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Anna
> <itssteps@yahoo.com>!"...
> > When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes
> > bunch up, even if they are grouped together.
>
> Are you sure it's not the text bunching up?  When resizing the text boxes,
> the size of the text does not change.  What happens if you increase the size
> of the text within the text boxes?

Ah.  I'll check.
0
itssteps (2)

Drop down box problem
Please can someone help me!!! I am trying to inset a drop down box int an excel spreadsheet but haven't got a clue whether I use a list box o a combo box. I want it to display first, second, third, fourth in th drop down menu so that the user can sleect one of these. The thing is don't know how to put the values in the box! Your help would be muc appreciated! :- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the Data / Validation - List option ... click in the cell where you want the drop down, choose Data / Validation from the menu, choose List, and in the source line ty...

Expanding Text
Is there any way to have the text overprint more than one line? For example, Excel typed in cell c5 with an 18pt type will cut off the top half of all letters unless the row height is increased. Is it possible to have the text expand into C4 as opposed to increasing the height of the row? Paul Dulong It can extend into d5 if nothing else is there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Paul Dulong" <pdulong@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:imVLd.2555$Sx6.2...

how to I block text not to break across columns or pages ?
I want to keep certain text together and not have it split apart over columns or on a new page: like several lines comprising an address in an address book -- I want to keep it all together. Either apply a style with the Keep With Next paragraph format option to all but the last of the paragraphs you wish to keep together or Use Shift+Enter to make a line break within the same paragraph -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MV...

Tick box how do i? plz
Hi Folks, I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a tick box coloumn into to show whether I need to reprocess an item. Can some kind person tell me how thank you. Mike Got it sorted thnx "Nevyn" wrote: > Hi Folks, > I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a tick box coloumn into to show > whether I need to reprocess an item. Can some kind person tell me how thank > you. > Mike ...

conversion file dialog box
Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion dialog box opens along with Word and eventually an error message. Does anyone know how to turn this off? What file conversion dialog? Post the exact dialog that appears. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, frustrated asked: | Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion | dialog box opens along ...

Check box problem
I want to include a check box in a form I have created. It appears that to make the box checkable by users, i.e. by clicking on it, I have to lock the table/form. However, doing this prevents anyone entering text on the others parts of the table/form. Is there any way to make the box checkable without rendering the rest of the form locked please? (One workaround is to double click the box and click on the Checked option. However, this is not really a very user friendly solution for what surely should be simple.) V For a form that includes check boxes, you must add text f...

conditional text merge
I want to merge text under the following criteria, First issue (data in Col A in sequence) Col A(text) Col B(text) a gg a hh a s b r b ee c tt d ss d ee Merge to: a gg hh s b r c tt d ss ee Second issue (data in Col A not in sequence) a gg b r a hh a s b ee d ss c tt d ee Merge to: a gg hh s b r c tt d ss ee Is it possible to merge it? TIA norik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi yes it is possible but will require some VBA. below one way: 1. Create a unique list for column A on a separate sheet: - selec...

Scroll to specific list box entry
I am trying to scroll to a specific line entry in a multi-select list box in response to a user-input search criterion (in a separate text box) so that the desired record becomes visible to the user. I can locate the matching record and determine the line number, but I can't find a VBA method to scroll to reposition the record. My intent is to enable a user to enter the beginning character(s) to locate the section of entries that begin with the user search criterion. From that position, the user can then select the entries of choice. I will appreciate any help. Richard Here a...

Deleting Text
I know that with "&" I can add two text cells together. How do I get rid of text? In the example "Roddick, Andy (USA) " in A2, I want to get rid of "(USA) ". I can separate with "=right(A1,7)", the last seven characters, but how to "subtract" them from within A2" Felix In an un-used cell, enter: =LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-7) then copy this cell and paste/special/value back onto A2 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200827 "Felix" wrote: > I know that with "&" I can add two text cells together. > > How...

how to find a second comma in a text
Hi, I have a text as --> Madison, Dane, Wisconsin How can I find the position of the second comma? thanks, Boon Assuming there is *always* a 2nd comma... =FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)+1) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Boon" <boonyawat.la-ongthong@cnh.com> wrote in message news:OISZ4IGbKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a text as --> Madison, Dane, Wisconsin > > How can I find the position of the second comma? > > thanks, > Boon > > thanks. this works well fo...

company split
Hi all, hoping to get some advice on this, the company i work for consists of two divisions who are effectively looking to split, and do there own thing. But initially will continue to share resources such as IT. Is it possible in exchange to allow them both to have there own email addresses such as name@company1 and name@company2 and to hide these so that relevant individuals only see the names of users relevent to there division/company in their address book. Effectively what i need to be able to do is run 2 seperate companies from one exchange box. bearing in mind that both compani...

Grey text prints as black..
I'm printing a page that has some text de-emphasized by using a grey font colour. Unfortunately when I print it comes out as black like the rest of the text. I looked for a setting in the Options and in the Print dialogs, but was unable to see anything that said "allow grayscale" anywhere. Suggestions anyone? thanks... R. I have the same problem and have not yet found a solution. could it be a configuration problem with the printer? Have you recently re-installed Excell? Julien "RGK" a écrit : > I'm printing a page that has some text de-empha...

Form with an unbound combo box.
I´m trying to create a database but I take some examples from Inside Out 2007 by Viescas.I create a tblTeams ( TeamID,TeamName) tblPlayers(PlayerID) and tblTeamPlayers(TeamID,TeamName,PlayerID). I create a form based on qryplayers and I need a combobox "unbound?" called TeamName based on qlkqTeams but when I try to open the combobox always shows the TeamID instead of TeamName. In the sample database "Contacts" from Viescas the CompanyName is display in the combobox CompanyID. I don´t really Know how this happen.Can anybody give me an idea of how this...

Import CSV from Open Dialog box Confirmation
Hi. I got my command button to bring up an open dialog box, where the user will select the CSV file to be imported. After the user finds the file to be imported, I want a MsgBox that asks the user to confirm that the specific file be imported. For example, the user selects SCO.csv to import and clicks a okay. A Msgbox should popup "Are you sure you want to import SCO.csv" with a Yes button and a No button. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but if so could someone please guide me. If they click No, then the process should just cancel. Assume strFileName is the variable wit...

updating and underlying table field with a combo box selection
I want to use an ID value from a combo box on a subform to update the same ID value in the form's underlying table. My main form is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main My Subform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Sub My Subform table is: tbl_Street_Joiner My Mainform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main The combo box on my subform is called: StreetName, with a column count of two but the bound column is the actual street name. SELECT QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.StreetNameID FROM QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master ORDER BY QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QR...

How to write text to command prompt console windows?
I am using VC++ 6.0 to build a windows based application, however, my application allows user to input command arguments in the dos prompt windows. I want to have a warning message for user if they have input the wrong arguments. How can I write text to the dos prompt windows if user input the wrong arguments? Thanks in advance. Steven. Steven wrote: > I am using VC++ 6.0 to build a windows based application, however, my > application allows user to input command arguments in the dos prompt > windows. I want to have a warning message for user if they have input the > wrong ar...

How can I put text in a circle using Publisher ?
Have looked everywhere for an answer to this ? : How can I put text in a circle while using Publisher ? If I want to surround a shape or piece of clipart with words, I often need to have text in a circular or oval shape ........ surely this can be done with Publisher. Thanks for any expertise. DixieWins wrote: > Have looked everywhere for an answer to this ? : How > can I put text in a circle while using Publisher ? > > If I want to surround a shape or piece of clipart with > words, I often need to have text in a circular or oval > shape ........ surely this can be ...

Find and replace text thats not wdAlignParagraphCenter alignment
Im trying to make a macro that set alignment on all text to wdAlignParagraphJustify, except text that is wdAlignParagraphCenter. Right now i have this: With ActiveDocument.Content.Find .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphRight With .Replacement .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify End With .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll End With With ActiveDocument.Content.Find .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft ...

Need text in upper left corner of a cell
Hi Is it possible to have some text written in upper corner of a cell? I use Excel as a fill-in userform. I can justify the size of other columns, but it would be nice to write something into the cell, so the user understand what to fill inn. Any workarounds or other suggestions? Any help is appreciated. Gunnar Hi maybe you can use the comment functionality (goto 'Insert - Comment') to add some hints for the user -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Gunnar wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to have some text written in upper corner > of a cell? > I use Excel a...

Install the correction patch from the Microsoft Corp.
--xslhigmqgpyd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ojnjjhsfmxlpbrc"; type="multipart/alternative" --ojnjjhsfmxlpbrc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fcabjchzl" --fcabjchzl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maint...

Exporting As Text with X Number of Spaces Between Data
Is there a way to export data in a MS Excel spreadsheet as text and define the amount of spaces between the data being exported? The number of spaces need to vary. This concept is the opposite of importing text as "Fixed Width" and creating column break lines. Instead, I'd like to export columns into a text file and specify the amount of spaces between the text that is being exported from each column. The amount spaces in the text file needs to be different between each set of column data. Thanks! One way: Say you have 5 columns, and you want 2 spaces between A &...

"Disappearing" lines of text in Word docs
I've noticed a really unusual intermittent bug in my version of MS Word. Suppose there are two consecutive lines of text in my document, Line A and Line B. I want to insert a new line between Lines A & B, so I position the cursor in between them and hit return (not highlighting Line B beforehand, because I'm not trying to get rid of it). When I do so, Line B seems to disappear, with the cursor (and empty line in front of it) taking the place of Line B. However, when I hit "page up" or "page down", Line B reappears. Anyone know why this might ...

How can I cross reference a SmartArt Graphic to a page/text?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to allow users to click on the SmartArt Graphic on my first page and automatically go to the respective page within the document. I click next to the wording on the graphic and go to Insert, but it will not allow me to insert the cross reference. You can do it the other way around - from the text to the graphic, but not from the graphic to the text. Anyone know a way around this or another way to do it? Objects cannot be used as active hyperlinks in a Word document. You can do what you describ...

[ANN] New XML Text Editor in Visual Studio
Announcing: New XML Text Editor in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 contains a completely new XML Text Editor, built on top of the core text editor provided by Visual Studio. It is entirely written in C# and leverages all the cool stuff provided by the System.Xml ..NET assembly. The XML editor provides support for editing XML and DTD content, including special support for XSD and XSL and includes the following handy features: a.. Full syntax coloring for all XML and DTD syntax. b.. Well formedness checking while you type, with red squiggles and error list. c.. Intel...

Why is "image and text" option grayed out for some buttons in the customization?
It so happens that the most frequently used buttons on the tool bar are the up-arrow and down-arrow (the ones that move to the next/previous item). As I tried to assign short-cut key to them, however, i found that the "image and text" option is grayed out - for that matter, all other display options are grayed out - when you go into customization mode. Why is "image and text" option unavailable for some buttons? ...