Text box and formatting?

I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few
pages.  Pages are double columns.  I have a header for each class and
paragraph given for class description.  On the last page, last column, one
description appears at the top with empty space for the rest of the column.
I would like to change the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so
that most of the last column is used.

I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and
play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the
same size.  Is there a way that text with headers that are slightly bigger
could be increased too, or is this limited to selecting the individual
headers within the columns and increasing the font?

0
dsnsacree (69)

Help here:
Insert or remove a section break or start a paragraph break within text
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051237321033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Susan" <dsnsacree@msn.com> wrote in message
>I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few pages.
>Pages are double columns.  I have a header for each class and paragraph given
>for class description.  On the last page, last column, one description appears
>at the top with empty space for the rest of the column. I would like to change
>the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so that most of the last
>column is used.
>
> I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and
> play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the
> same size.  Is there a way that text with headers that are slightly bigger
> could be increased too, or is this limited to selecting the individual headers
> within the columns and increasing the font?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Not Recognized Format
I've written large workbooks with excel xp, but at home I am using excel 2000. Is there any way to convert the xls file format that xp uses so I can work with the spreadsheet at home? Thanks, Alan All versions of Excel since 97 use the same file format, so no conversion is necessary. If you can't open the file, it is probably corrupt. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "SKLwater" <sklwater@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:VBcSc.9398$5i4.2838@bignews3.bellsouth.net... > I've written lar...

Change default font format in Excel
I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold, red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks. Michael, Copy the code below, right-click on your sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Cou...

Date format issue when submitting from a userform to a spreadsheet
Hi, I have a userform that I've generated which routes dates onto a spreadsheet based on the users input. I am having a bit of a frustrating time with the dates, it would appear that in the process of moving the date from the userform to the spreadsheet some dates are switched/transposed. I'll give an example. If someone enters 09/02/2004 on the userform excel seems to look at 09 and assume it is a month and transposes the dates to 02/09/2004(this does not appear to be a US/UK format issues as I have already gone down that road). However, if the date 13/09/2004 is entered i...

Sorting Alphanumeric values in a text field
I'm using Access 2003 for a database for my company. I have a field in a table that has both text and numbers. They are part numbers, for example 21BC124. I kept the field as text because of the text with in the numbers and didn't figure that a numeric field would alow the text. In my part numbers table it sorts correctly (first by number then by letter then by number again), but in my reports and queries there are a few number that sort in the wrong place. Like this... 20D10-3 21BC123 21BC128 22D10 25TD47 21FA101 21FA200 25FA203 38FA601 21FP604 38WS100 I can't quite f...

Pivot Table formatting #6
When I format my pivot tables I have "preserve formatting" checked under "PivotTable Options", and "Autoformat Table" unchecked. Even so, I either lose portions of my formatting, or different formatting is applied when I refresh. Does anyone know what I am doing incorrectly or have any other suggestions? Thanks, Phil Other things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. --Instead of selecting the cells to format the numbers, right-click the field but...

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

Filter records that include certain text strings
I want to create customized reports where a user can enter text strings, then the program will search for all records that contain that text string and display them. The filter functions are exclusive. -- W Dean Welch On Jul 6, 6:34 pm, Dean Welch <wdeanwe...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I want to create customized reports where a user can enter text strings, then > the program will search for all records that contain that text string and > display them. The filter functions are exclusive. > -- > W Dean Welch In the same field? Just pass a filter in the open event of the ...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Formatting
I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible in Live Mail. Nope. I'm afraid that's only possible using Outlook. In WLM you have to use the built in editor. Is there anything in particular that's lacking from the built in editor that you're looking for? Colin Brown WL MVP "jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EC21892-D39F-4219-AB0F-47BC14E1CD36@microsoft.com... > I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible > in > Live Mail. "...

if statement with text
I am trying to create an if statement where the string of text contains total, if yes then perform calculation base on that row and column. if no total in text leave blank help =IF(ISERROR(FIND("Total", A1)),"",-yourCalculation-) FIND returns #VALUE if "Total" is not in A1 Therefore, ISERROR returns False if "Total" is in A1 (i.e., it was found, no error) HTH, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "jerry" <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E249057A-F6E4-45BF-929A-B2BB61C3A700@micro...

Formating
Hi, In a Column 'A' sales Commission is calculated and resulta is as 250, 200, 300, 330. I wanted to format a cell with a Blinking colours where value is 100 to 250, 250 to 300, 300 to 350 and 350 & above. please help to format my sheet ... thanks Ismail, Getting your cells to "blink" is not in the standard Excel formats What you want would require some extensive programming, certainly, ou of my capabilities. However, there are some great things you can do with Excel' CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. Let's say in column A you have numbers that are the result of formu...

How do I get text to copy from one cell to another ?
Type = in the target cell. MouseClick the cell containing text. Pres Enter key -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27034 ...

Changing the Selection Fields in a Combo Box
Hi, I've created a Combo Box using the Controls Wizard. In creating the control, I specified that my unique value to be stored in the table is an ID. When the user views the selection options in the Combo Box, I'd like to have the ID field hidden and only see the text values, while still storing the ID in the appropriate column. This is probably a second question. Also, when the user views a form that has been populated, I'd like them to see the actual textual values on the form, as just the stored ID value. Is that possible to do with the one Combo Box or is that...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

Opening and formating a CSV file?
Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data goes straight into the worksheet. (Presumably because it is not 'delimited'?) Without the Wizard at my side, how do I get each comma-separated field in its own column? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Try renaming your .csv file to .txt Terry Pinnell wrote: > > Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed > the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data > goes straight into the worksheet...

Problem access variable in On Format
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am trying to format the Zip Code on the detail line of my report. I have tried the following lines of code in both the On Format event and the On Print event: If len([PostalCode]) > 5 Then : : end if or if len(Me.PostalCode) > 5 Then : : end if In both events and either code, I receive the error message: Access can't find the field 'PostalCode' referred to in your expression. If I put "PostalCode" as the source of the report's control...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

convert text in excel to uppercase
Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all uppercase? In VBA Editor Sub MakeUpper() Dim MySht As Worksheet, MyCell As Range For Each MySht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets For Each MyCell In MySht.UsedRange.Cells MyCell = UCase(MyCell) Next Next End Sub "elaine" wrote: > Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all > uppercase? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

format a CD
Hi, how can I format a cd+rw re writeable disc aga ...

List Box Point-to-Select (MouseMove)
I have a list box that shows files from my hard drive. I'd really like to have it select the item being pointed to as I move my mouse pointer over it. I have coded this and it works fine unless the list is scrolled. I need a way to offset my list index to account for how far down the list has been scrolled. I can't find a list box property that will allow me to determine where a scrolled list is positioned. Something giving me the list index of the first visible row would do the trick. I haven't been able to find anything so far. I've tried some VB code that uses the Send...

Provide space in text
Where text and numbers are at different locations in different cells what formula could be used to suit this type of information. I want to be able to put a space between the main body of text on the left and give a space between the text and the start of any numbers are in the cell. Example 1: A1 = Abelia Edward Goucher2 litre Should be: Abelia Edward Goucher 2 litre Example 2: A2 = Acer campestre Nanum180stem 6-8 Should be: Acer campestre Nanum 180stem 6-8 Thankyou if can be of help. Pat If you double clcik in the cell with the data then you can move th blink line to were you wan...