Text and backgound do not print

I have created a folding leaflet which appears fine on the screen.  However,
when I click on print preview, half of the leaflet appears only as a white
space.  When I print it, I get the same result, i.e. only half of it appears
on the page.  Can anyone help, please?

0
RichardCP (4)

Try running Design Checker on your leaflet. Sometimes issues will show up
that that prevent items from being printed. I just helped a woman with a
very similar issue. I deleted some extra text boxes and it's fine.  ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"RichardCP" <RichardCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a folding leaflet which appears fine on the screen.
>However,
> when I click on print preview, half of the leaflet appears only as a white
> space.  When I print it, I get the same result, i.e. only half of it
> appears
> on the page.  Can anyone help, please?

0
jl_paules (2769)
8/3/2007 12:25:53 PM
Many thanks.  I have run Design Checker and it tells me that there are no
problems with the document.
Richard

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Try running Design Checker on your leaflet. Sometimes issues will show up
> that that prevent items from being printed. I just helped a woman with a
> very similar issue. I deleted some extra text boxes and it's fine.  ;-)
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "RichardCP" <RichardCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a folding leaflet which appears fine on the screen.
> >However,
> > when I click on print preview, half of the leaflet appears only as a white
> > space.  When I print it, I get the same result, i.e. only half of it
> > appears
> > on the page.  Can anyone help, please?

0
RichardCP (4)
8/3/2007 12:42:01 PM
Check your printer driver. Is it current? Go to the manufacturer's web site of
your model printer and see if there is an update.

You might think about re-installing your current driver if a new driver isn't
available.
It is always wise to completely remove a driver before installing/re-installing.

Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web

How to clean up printer drivers

Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"RichardCP" <RichardCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a folding leaflet which appears fine on the screen.  However,
> when I click on print preview, half of the leaflet appears only as a white
> space.  When I print it, I get the same result, i.e. only half of it appears
> on the page.  Can anyone help, please?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/3/2007 12:57:54 PM
The page appears half blank when I click on Print Preview so it's surely
nothing to do with the printer driver.  All other documents print without
problem.

Richard

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Check your printer driver. Is it current? Go to the manufacturer's web site of
> your model printer and see if there is an update.
>
> You might think about re-installing your current driver if a new driver isn't
> available.
> It is always wise to completely remove a driver before installing/re-installing.
>
> Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web
>
> How to clean up printer drivers
>  http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "RichardCP" <RichardCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a folding leaflet which appears fine on the screen.  However,
> > when I click on print preview, half of the leaflet appears only as a white
> > space.  When I print it, I get the same result, i.e. only half of it appears
> > on the page.  Can anyone help, please?

0
RichardCP (4)
8/3/2007 1:08:01 PM
Do you have any other printer installed? If you select another printer are you
getting the same results? Is the background on the Master page? Do you have
"Ignore Master Page" checked?

It could be your document is damaged. Usually it will be a graphic. Delete an
object, look at print preview again. If it is the same, undo, delete a different
object, and so on.

How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> The page appears half blank when I click on Print Preview so it's surely
> nothing to do with the printer driver.  All other documents print without
> problem.
>
> Richard
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Check your printer driver. Is it current? Go to the manufacturer's web site
>> of
>> your model printer and see if there is an update.
>>
>> You might think about re-installing your current driver if a new driver isn't
>> available.
>> It is always wise to completely remove a driver before
>> installing/re-installing.
>>
>> Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web
>>
>> How to clean up printer drivers
>>  http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "RichardCP" <RichardCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have created a folding leaflet which appears fine on the screen.  However,
>> > when I click on print preview, half of the leaflet appears only as a white
>> > space.  When I print it, I get the same result, i.e. only half of it
>> > appears
>> > on the page.  Can anyone help, please?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/3/2007 1:26:55 PM
I don't have  a master page.  The same thing happens with another printer.

Richard

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you have any other printer installed? If you select another printer are you
> getting the same results? Is the background on the Master page? Do you have
> "Ignore Master Page" checked?
>
> It could be your document is damaged. Usually it will be a graphic. Delete an
> object, look at print preview again. If it is the same, undo, delete a different
> object, and so on.
>
> How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "RichardCP" <RichardCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The page appears half blank when I click on Print Preview so it's surely
> > nothing to do with the printer driver.  All other documents print without
> > problem.
> >
> > Richard
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Check your printer driver. Is it current? Go to the manufacturer's web site
> >> of
> >> your model printer and see if there is an update.
> >>
> >> You might think about re-installing your current driver if a new driver isn't
> >> available.
> >> It is always wise to completely remove a driver before
> >> installing/re-installing.
> >>
> >> Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web
> >>
> >> How to clean up printer drivers
> >>  http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "RichardCP" <RichardCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RichardCP (4)
8/3/2007 2:08:04 PM
Did you do any of the troubleshooting steps that were outlined in the Knowledge
Base article?
You do have a troubled document. If you are experiencing the same issue with a
different printer then I suspect you have some corruption going on.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I don't have  a master page.  The same thing happens with another printer.
>
> Richard
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do you have any other printer installed? If you select another printer are
>> you
>> getting the same results? Is the background on the Master page? Do you have
>> "Ignore Master Page" checked?
>>
>> It could be your document is damaged. Usually it will be a graphic. Delete an
>> object, look at print preview again. If it is the same, undo, delete a
>> different
>> object, and so on.
>>
>> How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "RichardCP" <RichardCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The page appears half blank when I click on Print Preview so it's surely
>> > nothing to do with the printer driver.  All other documents print without
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > Richard

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Error printing report: "specified path for the output file does
Hi - I'm trying to print a Payable Distribution History report but get the error "specified path for the output file does not exist". It does not happen with other reports. Any help to fix this error would greatly appreciated. thanks Oumar hi Oumar, go check the Report Destination screen and make sure that there is no path listed in the field where you can enter one. It would be in the File checkbox. If it is grayed out, mark the File option, delete the path and then unmark the File box. Should you want to save it to a file, then select a valid path. Hop...

text dropped when printing
Sometimes when using several lines of text in a cell with "wrap text" the last line is dropped when printed, it shows on the monitor but does not print. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks. Are you using a true-type font? "Carol" <cstan@att.net> wrote in message news:058101c371b5$bab74ca0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Sometimes when using several lines of text in a cell > with "wrap text" the last line is dropped when printed, > it shows on the monitor but does not print. Any idea why > this is happening? Thanks. ...

No account number shown in printed checks
Using Money 2007 Deluxe. Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of the payees has an account number entered in the appropriate place, in the "Go to Payees" detail listing. Can't figure out what's going on here! Thanks for any assistance. Dave On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:37:03 -0700, Dave M. <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Money 2007 Deluxe. > >Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account >numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of...

Query Text in the Mid of a memo
I am trying to query off a memo field [Description] the text that follows "User Name: " until the first space the "User Name: " is not in the same position nor is the text of the user name a fixed size. I am working with an InStr function but I don't know how to stop at the " " after the name. Thanks so much for any help. AngieSD wrote: >I am trying to query off a memo field [Description] the text that follows >"User Name: " until the first space the "User Name: " is not in the same >position nor is the text of the user n...

Chart Title or Text Box Linked to cell & sheet
I need to create charts from data collected via a com port. As i stands, the data is written to sheet 1. Chart 1 is ready to plot dat as it is written. Once the data is complete, I copy sheet 1 and char 1. This results in sheet 1(2) and Chart 1(2). All references to shee 1 on the newly created chart 1(2) automatically changes to refer t sheet 1(2). This applies to data ranges, Chart Title, Axis names. When creating text boxes refering to sheet1!$A$1, the reference doe not automacially change to sheet 1(2)!$A$1. Can this be done? If not, can I create multiple chart titles? Any help o...

Field text range problem

Split text cell into seperate colums without splitting up a word
I have text cells with sentences ranging from 0 to 160 characters long. I want to break these into 40 character chunks (in separate cells), but don't want to split any word in half. ie, if the 40 char mark is in the middle of the work, I want to go backwards, find where the word starts and split from that point. It's exactly like a wrap text -- but I want to split those lines up into separate cells. thanks kaf If your sentence were in A1, use these 4 formulas: B1: =LEFT(A1,MAX((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:40")),1)=" ")*ROW (INDIRECT("1:40")))) C1: =LEF...

Print issues in Pub 2007
I have a design done in MS Publisher 2007 with a picture of autumn leaves in the background with a text box over the picture. The problem is when I go to print on HP L7600 printer the entire image is off to far left and too high on the invitation card that is 5" wide by 8" high: its Upper left corner justified. Changing the margins, page setup etc has not remedied my problem. Have you made sure your printer knows which size paper you are using? Check your printer driver settings. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For ...

Wrong colors keep printing when I use publisher. Why?
Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as green...why? How can I correct it? It is probably your printer driver. What version Publisher? Are other applications printing okay? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BA1976" <BA1976@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3DEE307-6C6C-4FF7-BAC4-CF816DB47C8B@microsoft.com... > Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as > green...why? How can I correct it? Thanks!...

Couldn't print so unistalled and now Office won't upgrade
Hi, I recently upgraded from a PowerBook to an 24" iMac. Since the iMac is my primary machine I uninstalled Office 2004 from my PowerBook and installed it on my iMac. Everything was working fine until about a week ago (I think after I installed the 11.3.4 patch). (Only) Office was running extremely slow and I was unable to print from using any of the apps. I am able to print using other applications (Pages, etc.). Out of frustration I uninstalled Office and tried to re-installed it. I originally purchased Office 10 and then the upgrade to 2004. Office 10 works (loads fast but does...

Changing Outlook 2002 email "From" field without the "on behalf of" text
I occassionally want to send emails from an address different to my standard email account. I'd prefer not to have to change the email account details on these occassions. I have the "From" field in my New Mail template which I populate with a contact showing the email address I want the email from. Unfortunately, when the email arrives it appears as From: [mailto:myEmailAccountAddress] On Behalf Of myDesiredTemporaryFromAddress I've searched my Outlook settings and the MS site but cannot see how to get rid of this undesired annotation i.e. "[mailto:myEmail...

Printing a range of invoices for 1 customer
Hello, I've been vexed by this a lot over the years, so thought it was time to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. When a customer's account goes overdue, or one day they decide they want to "settle", is there a way to (in one fell swoop) print all the open transactions for that customer? I don't mean just the summary you can get from Receivables Transacting Inqury--Customer. I mean I want to print each open SOP document complete with all the line details (without opening each one, printing, closing, and going to the next one and repeating). Any a...

Adding a string to a text document at the cursor.
I'm using VC++ 6. I've created a small text editor derived from CEditView to which I've added a drop-down list of phrases off the main menu bar to be inserted into the text at the cursor when a phrase is clicked. I can't figure out how to insert the selected phrase into the text I'm editing. I also would like to know if there is a way to keep the drop-down list open after clicking on the first phrase, closing it only with 'ESC' or moving to another heading on the main menu like 'File'. Any leads greatly appreciated. >I'm using VC++ 6. I've...

Text Field Validation Rule for Date
Hi, I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text field (I do not want to change it due to specific requirements)- however, I'd like to set up a validation rule to determine whether or not it is a valid date: mm/dd/yyyy. What should I input in the validation rule? Thanks I do not think it is possible at table level but in your data entry form us AfterUpdate event and IsDate function. -- Build a little, test a little. "shm135" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text > fiel...

Printing problem with the excel 97 to Excel XP
After i made a worksheet using Excel 97 and print it. I copy that file and opened it in excel XP and print it, but my problem is the spacing which is not the same as it was using excel 97. If you changed your operating system at the same time that you upgraded Excel, you may need a new print driver. Go to the printer manufacturer's web site, and check for downloads available for your printer and operating system. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > After i made a worksheet using Excel 97 and print it. I > copy that file and opened it in excel XP and print it, but ...

Problems printing from Publisher
This is wierd. Any document I print fro Publisher to my Panasonic KX-P7100 laser printer gets enlarged by a factor of four or more - so it only prints out the top left hand corner (but enlarged). None of the other programs on the computer do this. I've installed all the updates and I've got the most updated drivers for the printer. Any suggestions? Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the printer would help. Panasonic has an utility that will remove all the printer files. Starting fresh could be a solution, Publisher is more demanding on printer issues than most applications. ht...

Text with Dates
in cell A1 i have some text. in cell B1 i have a date. how do I get Excel to display both the text and the date. I've tried: Dim olDate As Range Dim olText As Range Set olDate = Sheet1.Cells.Item(1,"A") Set olText = Sheet1.Cells.Item(1,"B") ..Subject= olText +" - " + olDate I was hoping to get something like "text - 6/9/05" in the subject bar, but everytime I do this i get a run time error. i've tried replacing the date with text and it works just fine, and i've also tried just the date cell and it works fine. the problem comes up when i...

How do I combine 2 text columns in Microsoft Excel?
I have two columns of descriptive text, the second column is the end of the first column's sentence, however I can not find a way in the Help options to combine the text values to create one complete sentence in one column. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Try: =A5&" "&B5 if you want spaces between the columns or look at the CONCATENATE function example =CONCATENATE(A5,B5) Domaniman wrote: > I have two columns of descriptive text, the second column is the end of the > first column's sentence, however I can not find a way in the Help options to ...

Print records in continuous form
I have a Continuous Form that based on a Query that selects record according to the Month. What I want to do is to be able to print all the records in this Form by one Command button. So I have the report designed and I have created a Macro “Open Report” +Print Out, but it opens only the first record to print. I did the Where condition on the Command Button On Click: [PM#]=[Forms]![FormName]![PM#]. But it’s not working how I want it to work. How I can print all the records? Thanks for the help. I have tried that and it opens the report with all the records from the original table, bu...

Print 2 reports
Hi, Is it possible to print 2 copies of my report using the following code? thanks. ************************************************* Private Sub Command27_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command27_Click Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[WarehouseID] = " & Me.[WarehouseID] DoCmd.OpenReport "rptWarehouse", acViewNormal, , strWhere DoCmd.GoToRecor...

looking for a script to make a Distribution List from a text file
Does anyone have a script for making a new Distribution List from a text file, or CSV file? I created larger dist lists by using adduser. Then, once the group is created, I mail enable it. "BwiseIT" wrote: > Does anyone have a script for making a new Distribution List from a text > file, or CSV file? > > > ...

Delete part of text from field
Hi all Here's my challenge: I'm processing a customer info file with your standard demographics - first name, last name, age, address etc. The last name appears in all of the 'last name' fields; no problem. However, in some of the 'first name' fields the last name appears again, like so: F_Name L_Name Title Kris Doft Doft Manager Johan Smith Accountant Maria Katson Katson Director Anne Charles Charles Supervisor Is there a query that can get rid of the duplicate last name in the '...

Print 12/1/1 in cell (Excel changes it to date or another #
While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. What I need is the number 12 (for English), 1 (for MP3) and 1 (for Finnish) in this particular cell. How do I get it to print the actual numbers? try putting a ' infront of the numbers "Say Goodnight, Gracie" wrote: > While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of > magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. > What I need is the number 12 (for Engli...

can I sort text data into bins?
Hi, Here's my problem - I hope you can understand it & help: Let's say I've got a column, A (or row 1, it doesn't matter) that contains cells, each with a single word/category that I'm interested in [example: dog, cat, bird, fish, gerbil] - we can assume that this is my list of category headers/titles. Plus I've also got various other columns, A-D (or rows) next to my column A titles that each contain a list of items, one per cell: [eg: B1=dog + B2=cat, C1=bird + C2=cat + C3=gerbil]. Perhaps it would be clearer if I drew it out (ignore the dashes, they're j...

print lines and arrows
I am using lines and arrows to show relationships between two columens of data. Visually they connect but when printing the lines do not connect or alien to the columen data cells. ...