Template site will not allow me to download

When attempting to download a template from the MS website, after the terms
of agmt page, I am told I do not have Publisher and cannot download the
template.

I have downloaded Word & Excel templates with no problem.  I have Publisher
2003 which came installed on my computer.  Windows XP, Office 2003.
TIA
0
Tob (13)

More details (don't want to get flamed):
Running Publisher 2002 not 2003

My specific question is:  How can I get the website to recognize my .exe so
that I can download templates for Publisher?

Thanks

"Tob" wrote:

> When attempting to download a template from the MS website, after the terms
> of agmt page, I am told I do not have Publisher and cannot download the
> template.
>
> I have downloaded Word & Excel templates with no problem.  I have Publisher
> 2003 which came installed on my computer.  Windows XP, Office 2003.
> TIA
0
Tob (13)
12/28/2005 2:49:02 PM
Start by emptying your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet
Options, delete files.

Where is the Publisher program installed on your computer? Is it a trial? Is it the
Small business version?  Normally Publisher doesn't come pre-loaded on new computers.
There are 3 service packs for Office 2002.

Have you downloaded the ActiveX? Do you have problems downloading clipart to your
Publisher application?
http://office.microsoft.com/templates/axinstall.aspx?FromArea=Clipart

If you do not download the ActiveX control, you will not be able to automatically
download clip art and media or templates on Office Online, and you will not be able
to do practice sessions in the online training courses on Office Online.

Add Microsoft to your trusted sites.

To add the Microsoft Office Online Web site to your list of trusted sites:

On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the
Security tab.
Click the Trusted Sites icon, and then click Sites.
Clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type http://office.microsoft.com, and then
click Add.
Click OK twice.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Tob" <Tob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> More details (don't want to get flamed):
> Running Publisher 2002 not 2003
>
> My specific question is:  How can I get the website to recognize my .exe so
> that I can download templates for Publisher?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Tob" wrote:
>
>> When attempting to download a template from the MS website, after the terms
>> of agmt page, I am told I do not have Publisher and cannot download the
>> template.
>>
>> I have downloaded Word & Excel templates with no problem.  I have Publisher
>> 2003 which came installed on my computer.  Windows XP, Office 2003.
>> TIA

0
gsauer (5093)
12/28/2005 4:04:50 PM
Mary
Thanks for the info.  I have done all that is listed below and am still
unable to download the templates.  I tested by downloading clipart into
Publisher and templates into Excel & Word.  All work.

I still receive the message:  Publisher was not found.  To download and use
this template, you need to have Microsoft Office Publisher installed on your
computer.  This program was not found on your computer.

The software came loaded on my computer from a provider of hardware specific
to my business.  I show that it is 2002 SP2 in the license number OEM is
listed.

0
Tob (13)
12/28/2005 4:26:03 PM
Do a detect and repair. I don't know how the template site interacts when it looks
for Publisher.
Have you tried to download while working in Publisher? Open help, click one of the
Office Online links.

How to manage the Office XP templates in Office programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290232/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Mary
> Thanks for the info.  I have done all that is listed below and am still
> unable to download the templates.  I tested by downloading clipart into
> Publisher and templates into Excel & Word.  All work.
>
> I still receive the message:  Publisher was not found.  To download and use
> this template, you need to have Microsoft Office Publisher installed on your
> computer.  This program was not found on your computer.
>
> The software came loaded on my computer from a provider of hardware specific
> to my business.  I show that it is 2002 SP2 in the license number OEM is
> listed.

0
gsauer (5093)
12/28/2005 5:25:50 PM
Not sure how to do a 'detect and repair' but everything else you mentioned
seems to be fine.  One thing I do have a problem with is that I did not
receive Office CD with my computer so I am unable to get updates from
Microsoft site.  (asks for cd to verify)

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do a detect and repair. I don't know how the template site interacts when it looks
> for Publisher.
> Have you tried to download while working in Publisher? Open help, click one of the
> Office Online links.
>
> How to manage the Office XP templates in Office programs

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Tob" <Tob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary
> > Thanks for the info.  I have done all that is listed below and am still
> > unable to download the templates.  I tested by downloading clipart into
> > Publisher and templates into Excel & Word.  All work.
> >
> > I still receive the message:  Publisher was not found.  To download and use
> > this template, you need to have Microsoft Office Publisher installed on your
> > computer.  This program was not found on your computer.
> >
> > The software came loaded on my computer from a provider of hardware specific
> > to my business.  I show that it is 2002 SP2 in the license number OEM is
> > listed.

0
Tob (13)
12/28/2005 5:40:02 PM
On the toolbar, help, detect and repair.

If you go to the bottom of this page, there is a download for the 2002 service pack 3
that doesn't require the original CD.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=85af7bfd-6f69-4289-8bd1-eb966bcdfb5e&DisplayLang=en
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Not sure how to do a 'detect and repair' but everything else you mentioned
> seems to be fine.  One thing I do have a problem with is that I did not
> receive Office CD with my computer so I am unable to get updates from
> Microsoft site.  (asks for cd to verify)
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do a detect and repair. I don't know how the template site interacts when it looks
>> for Publisher.
>> Have you tried to download while working in Publisher? Open help, click one of the
>> Office Online links.
>>
>> How to manage the Office XP templates in Office programs
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Tob" <Tob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary
>> > Thanks for the info.  I have done all that is listed below and am still
>> > unable to download the templates.  I tested by downloading clipart into
>> > Publisher and templates into Excel & Word.  All work.
>> >
>> > I still receive the message:  Publisher was not found.  To download and use
>> > this template, you need to have Microsoft Office Publisher installed on your
>> > computer.  This program was not found on your computer.
>> >
>> > The software came loaded on my computer from a provider of hardware specific
>> > to my business.  I show that it is 2002 SP2 in the license number OEM is
>> > listed.

0
gsauer (5093)

Excel Gradebook Templates
Can you excuse students from assignments on Excel Gradebook templates? I have downloaded the template to use points, not percentages. I can't use it if I excuse students from assignments or if I offer extra credit. Is there a formula I could enter to excuse them? Post the exact URL to the MS Office Template and I'll download to peek at. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:34:02 -0800, "Confused Teacher" <Confused Teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you excuse students from assignments on Excel Gradebook templates? I >have downloaded...

Downloading data from Bank
I had to have the motherboard replaced on my PC. When I got it back I needed to re-install Money 2005 Standard. Fortunately I had created a backup file prior to handing over my PC for repair. My problem is that I can contact my bank and get the message 'Update Complete' but the balance and transaction data is not updated as it was before. Can someone tell me how to set up the account to download the activity and current bank balance? Thankyou, -- Fredginsocal ...

RMS should allow specific item costing for S/N items
RMS allows up to three S/Ns to be entered for each S/N item but does not provide for a cost specific to each S/N item. Does this strike anyone else as strange? I also deal with accounting software and if they have S/N capability, they provide for a specific cost for each S/N item. Background: For the same SKU, the cost can vary materially based on whether the item was purchased singly or in a large lot. It is important for accurate accounting and commissions that the cost reflect the actual item cost rather than an average or last cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion fo...

How can I view e-mails before the attachment downloads?
When I receive a new e-mail with an attachment, it takes forever to open that e-mail. Can anyone please advise? It's frustrating to wait 5min. for one e-mail just to open. Thank you! "fRuStRaTeD" <fRuStRaTeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B7FCBB8-6B2E-4813-98C5-2BFEDB5CC17A@microsoft.com... > When I receive a new e-mail with an attachment, it takes forever to open > that > e-mail. Can anyone please advise? It's frustrating to wait 5min. for one > e-mail just to open. Attachments aren't some separate entity distin...

access or excel template for pricing comparison between companies.
looking for a template to compare 4 co's pricing based on a select criteria. Can be either excel or access. Would like a sheet that prints out for the customer showing the results. -- coop Hello Coop, I would like to offer to build the Access database you need. I provide fee-based help for Access, Excel and Word applications. My fee to help you would be very modest. If you would like to work together, email me at my address below. Steve santus@penn.com "coop" <coop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFBACF9B-FC4E-472E-97F9-9B2A9...

Money 2004 no longer importing downloaded statements
Over the course of the last few weeks my copy of Money 2004 Deluxe has started having issues with statements I have downloaded to it from my bank's webpages. First it would take several minutes for Money to complete the import of the statements. Finally it just stopped importing the statements all together. The statements aren't very large (approx 4 to 8 new transactions for each statement). Currently I'm manually entering and clearing each transaction, but it's only a matter of time before I mistype something and the balances start to drift. ...

downloading payroll checks from outside vendor
We are using an outside vendor for our payroll. Now I want to reconcile my banks in GP, but I do not have the checks in GP. Is there a way to download a file into GP with the checknumbers and the amount, so I can reconcile the bankstatement with the bank in GP? GP has to see also that the checks which are downloaded are checks, as done with A/R ...

HELP! Information Stores Will Not Mount
We had an issue today where the server locked up for no known reason. After reboot, Exchange 2003 would not start up. We're getting the following errors in the Event Log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9518 Date: 6/7/2005 Time: 5:56:43 PM User: N/A Computer: CRC2K3 Description: Error Log file is corrupt starting Storage Group /DC=local/DC=cr/CN=Configuration/CN=Services/CN=Microsoft Exchange/CN=CityRealtyMail/CN=Administrative Groups/CN=First Administrative Group/CN=Servers/CN=CRC2K3/CN=InformationStore/CN=First Storage Group on the Mic...

Template folder missing
hi all I'm using MS outlook 2003 and my pst folder doesn't show "template" folder, it only have "Deleted items", "Drafts", "inbox", "Junk e-mail", "outbox", "sent items" and "search folders" thanks > I'm using MS outlook 2003 and my pst folder doesn't show "template" > folder, it only have "Deleted items", "Drafts", "inbox", "Junk > e-mail", "outbox", "sent items" and "search folders" Why are you expect...

Cell will not format
Right click on cells that were copied over from another excel sheet and can not format the cell - right click - format does not work Check whether the Worksheet is protected. If this post helps, Click Yes! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "jeanngoodyear" wrote: > Right click on cells that were copied over from another excel sheet and can > not format the cell - right click - format does not work Right-click>format cells does not show up or you cannot re-format the data? What type of data are in the cells? Maybe dates ...

why do i have to keep downloading excell when i open files? is th.
Please ask your question in the body of the post, not the topic. Your topic line gets truncated. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "romanbadboy" <romanbadboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD16B7BA-BADD-4CB2-9C54-642D2CA3C678@microsoft.com... > "romanbadboy" wrote: > why do i have to keep downloading excell from disk everytime i open files is there a way to keep it Most likely, you selected "Run From CD" for certain features when you installed Excel. ...

Applying Excel Chart Templates
I have created my own chart template In Excel 2007 and it saves without error. When I try to apply it, I get an error message stating Windows doens't know what program to open it with. When I associate the file to Excel, it still doesn't work. Any assistance with this problem is most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hi, Are you trying to open the .crtx file directly in excel? Not sure that is how it is suppose to work. I think need to apply the template to an existing chart or use the template when creating a chart. Cheers Andy neeses wrote: > I have created my own chart te...

Not allow items to be deleted after shipment has been confirmed
Once you confirm the packing slip is printed and in the box of the Items to be sent to the Customer, the Work Flow status of the Fulfillment Order changes to Shipped. Then the end user confirms the Shipment of the document which changes the Document Type from Fulfillment Order to Invoice and changes the Work Flow status from Shipped to Ready to Print/Post. Once the confirming of the shipment is done, we would like the system to NOT allow any end users to delete the line items on the document. Instead, they should have to enter a SOP return if the Customer decides they do not want it....

what is the correct syntax for an allowable circular reference?
I am trying to add the values of two cells and return an updated total to one of the original two cells. Such as a weekly income update. See J.E. McGimpsey's website on how to do this: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for: "Worksheet Function Accumulator (using Circular References)" HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to add the values of two cells and return an updated total to one >of the original two cells. Such as a weekly income update. >. > ...

Allow Temporary Edits In Form To Table Values
Hello all! I'm looking to allow a user to edit some values that are initially pulled from a table, but I do not want those table values updated. Reasoning: The form pulls the number of hours a job will take and a cost per hour then calculates the total cost. Usually both of pulled numbers can be reduced for a discounted total cost. I'm trying to allow the user to calculate what the discounted rate would be. What I've Done So Far: I've tried assigning the boxes to the fields, but then any changes are reflected in the tables. I've tried setting the val...

LF: Excel 2000 template(s) Condo Budget
G'day, System: Excel 2000 on win98 I've been searching the NGs and googling for Excel 2000 templates. The only ones I've found are for 2003 and above. Specifically, I'm looking for one that might be used (or converted) for a Condominium's budget including Reserve Fund allocations (1). But any relevant Excel 2000 templates would be a starting point. Any direction, links or resource sites would be appreciated. Cheers, tomZ -- If you spam my mailbox, you agree to accept any response I deem appropriate. Keep SIGNATURE AGREEMENT before replying. "Any business model t...

OWA "Default Web Site" -> Exchange returns a list of directory
The EXchange 2003 server with OWA service returns a list of directories when the "Default_Web_Site -> Exchange" is clicked. It usually shows the user's OWA interface. Are there any things we need to modify? Thanks in advance! =?Utf-8?B?T1dBIEFkbWlu?= <OWA Admin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:5BF56D9C-7DBD-4728-80D1-E81792894FC4@microsoft.com: > The EXchange 2003 server with OWA service returns a list of > directories when the "Default_Web_Site -> Exchange" is clicked. It > usually shows the user's OWA interface. Are there any th...

may be crosstab will do the job
I have a table called |"Expense details" I enter Patients expense details 1.expense category 2.expense description 3.expense date from 4.expense date to 5.amount I want to account the Allowances Paid to the Patients we have a daily allowance rate , but if he is inpatient rate will be half of the rate on start of treatment , we will give him an advance amount for a period of time say 15 days.and assume that we gave him allowance of inpatient. but after that we came to know that he was outpatient on part of the above period. so in this case we should pay him t...

Frx for Dynamics Btrieve/Pervasive will need a registration number
Hi, I am currently covering for the normal manager of information systems. They currently have great plains 7.00g12 and Frx6.5. Everything was working for years, until today. Today, when trying to use Frx, all users are getting the following error: Frx for Dynamics Btrieve/Pervasive will need a serial number in 27 days. The thing is after this screen they can't use the program at all anymore, yet on my machine I do get the error, but at least can use it. I do have an administrative account though, while they don't. So, I went looking through all of the managers files found...

Money Deluxe Plus won't download NSF fees for the same day.
I sometimes have 3 overdraft or NSF charges in the same day, however, Money Deluxe Plus won't download all 3 charges.. just the first one. I then have to manually enter.. or go to my banks website to manually download for that day. I know there is a setting in MSM somewhere.. but I cant find it. Please help me In microsoft.public.money, dizzblnd wrote: >I sometimes have 3 overdraft or NSF charges in the same day, however, Money >Deluxe Plus won't download all 3 charges.. just the first one. I then have >to manually enter.. or go to my banks website to manually d...

Money 2007 Deluxe not downloading statement
Hi all, Weird problem. I have been using Money 2007 since Jan 2007 and no problems. I can download my bank statement --- until 12-15-07. On 12-15-07 I went in and selected Connect to Bank to download my statement. It downloaded up to the date of 12-10-07 and then no more. It will finish and say complete, but it will not pull anything from my bank beyond the date of 12-10-07. Today I go in and try again and it pulls my statement starting at 12-20-07. For some reason everything from 12-11-07 to 12-19-07 will not download from my bank into Money. Any ideas ? Thanks, Duke Duke: ...

Email does not automatically download #2
When I start-up, am online or click Send/Recieve, Outlook downloads the email automatically. When the computer is in the ppower save mode, it does not download even though the "al Accounts" and "offline" schedules are set for 10 download every 10 min and the scheduled download is not disabled. The email accounts are POP3 accounts and I am on a cable system. I am using XP Pro and Outlook 2003. How do I get the system to automatically download when I am out so I do not exceed my ISP mailbox limit and lose messages? ...

FTP provider for windows 2008 ftp server to automatically delete file after it is downloaded by the client
Hi All, Development Environment: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Version 9.0.30729.1 Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1 Windows Server 2008 server service pack1 IIS 7.0 FTP 7.5 service Reference : http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/632/how-to-use-managed-code-c-to-create-an-ftp-provider-that-sends-an-email-when-files-are-uploaded/ Required: FTP provider for windows 2008 ftp server to automatically delete file after it is downloaded by the client Problem: I have followed each steps as mention in above link. I have implemented following interface method. ...

My excel program will not let me edit in the formula bar.
Excel will not allow me to edit data entered in a cell. Help!!! Unprotect your worksheet. -- rsenn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29050 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492929 I tried to do that but there is no "unprotect" under "protection" as described in help. "rsenn" wrote: > > Unprotect your worksheet. > > > -- > rsenn > ----------------------------------------------...

Download via Money or MSN
I bank and invest with E*Trade, and several other institutions. I have the option of downloading with Money 2004 or MSN. Which is best? I like the idea of MSN downloading automatically, and i can be on the road without Money. My questions are: 1. Is there a advantage / disadvantage to using MSN vs. Money? 2. Is it easy to switch back and forth? 3. What if MSN starts charging for this service - Am i locked in? thanks for your help - public@shawnholt.com ...