tables

Can I lock a table in place with respect to the text before and after?  When inserting more text the table does not move with the text.
0
jmsager (1)

From what I understand you are saying, I would say no.

donotknock (1941)

Pivot tables #13
I temporarily saved my Excel97 file as another name (in csv not xls format)and the Pivot tables (in another file) are now looking to the 'temporary' file name. Is there any way of persuading the Pivot tables to look at the correct file? Edit Links doesn't seem to want to work. This would save having to re-make the Pivot tables Regards. Bill Ridgeway Untested: Copy your xls file to a nice safe location--just in case! Open your data xls file. Do File|SaveAs, choose .csv and save it to the same location that the pivottable ..xls file is pointing to. Keep the .csv file open...

view data from one table update and save to another table
I have a tabl do this without amending te with item data which I sow on a form to create a purchase order, where the item data may require amending before publishing to the supplier. How do I do this without amending original data which for audit purposes must remain as original. "Bloggsy" <Bloggsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74D11113-3C3F-441F-8031-FA31035ED0B7@microsoft.com... >I have a tabl do this without amending te with item data which I sow on a > form to create a purchase order, where the item data may require amending > before publish...

Moving to a cell from a Pivot Table
Hi- I have a pivot table...and the last cell in the table (bottom right corner) is the Grand Total. This is a dynamic pivot table that refreshes on open....so in order to preserve that cell I gave it a name. The name for the cell is "Total_ABS". I have this code for "Worksheet_Activate": Range("Total_ABS").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "='ADMIN&BUSSERV'!R[-1]C[1]" The code errors on the second line of code. What I am trying to do is go to the cell named "Total_ABS" and then make the cell 1 row above and one column to the r...

filling down or pasting into multiple fields in table entry
Hi all. Hope you can help. I occasionally need to enter info directly into a table. However, when I do, I would like to enter the same value into a large number of fields. It would be nice if I could: copy, highlight the top, say - 50 fields in a column, and then paste the value into all of them in one stroke. However, Access 2003 doesn't allow this. It just puts the value into the first field. Is there a simple way of doing this? Thanks very much - in advance. H. -- Pontins History E-Mail: usenet@pontinshistory.co.uk Please visit www.pontinshistory.co.uk Skype ID (instant messaging ...

Pivot Table Total/Subtotals
Hi all I have data with the following structure (column headings): Category Brand Group M1 M2 M3... M12 where M1 is month 1, M2 is month 2, etc. I would like a pivot table that I can manipulate in different ways to show totals by month, quarter and year. Question is, can I keep the months in columns to do this, or do I need a different row for each month? Thanks in advance Paul Martin Melbourne, Australia Hi, Keep months in column or row and then use the Group feature. To do this, right click on the Pivot table and select Group and choose your grouping options there. When y...

Data Table Question
Hello, Is it possible to not show a series in the Data Table but have the line or value shown in the chart? I have one or two series that I don't want to see in the Data Table, but the rest of the series I want to see. Thanks! I don't believe that is possible with the standard data table. However, you can format the background of the chart to match the background of the worksheet cells at the bottom of your chart. You can use these cells as your custom data table. Then applying some color and border formatting, you can include the cells and chart together and wrap a dark bo...

Joining two tables
Hi I want to join two tables (by UNION ALL). In order two identify the source table I'd like to add a column that would contain a table name (typed in in the query). So for instance: Table1 Name, Surname, DateOfBirth Table2 Name, Surname, DateOfBirth, Address JoinedTable Name, Surname, DateOfBirth, Address, Source I started with: Select Table2.Name, Table2.Surname, Table2.DateOfBirth, Table2.Address FROM Table2 UNION ALL Select Table1.Name, Table1.Surname, Table1.DateOfBirth, NULL FROM Table1 But I just don't know how to add the fifth column (source) so f...

HTML Table with Dynamic Columns

range names in pivot tables
Is there a way to categorize data by named ranges of the column headings rather than individual column headings? I need to be able to pivot between certain ranges rather than eliminate or add one column at a time. Or perhaps someone can suggest a different way to do it. I need to create 1 chart to pivot between the first 5, 7, 9 and 11 data columns. ...

export data into Oracle table
What is the easiest way to export an Excel spreadsheet into an Oracle table? Thanks. ...

Define and Reference fixed data in a table
Hi All I'm new to Excel and would like to know if it's possible to do the following: Define a table(2 dimensional array) of fixed data like this: Tom Dick Harry Alpha 10 7 5 Bravo 6 27 4 Charlie 17 22 8 I'd then like to be able to reference each element in the array using the row and column identifiers as indexes, so (Alpha, Harry) would return 5, (Charlie,Harry) would return 8 and so on. Tia RH Say you have Alpha in F1, Harry in G1 and your data (including headers) in A1:D4 Enter formul...

Enumerating SQL Server database tables rows and sprocs using MFC
Hi, I've been looking around for a while now after an efficient way to enumerate tables, rows and sprocs of a MsSQL database. The best I could come up with was SQL DMO, but one cannot have it installed without installing SQL Server itself or MSDE, so I'm looking for alternative. After a table name was fetched, I will need to know the rows it contains, what type they are, and what are the indexes and identity defined for this table. Effectively, if I could somehow get the CREATE SQL statement from the DB itself that would be ideal. Also, I will need a way to get the sprocs code ...

Time Table
hi members i want to develop a timetable for teachers and their periods. i want there should not be timeclash -- b166e ----------------------------------------------------------------------- b166er's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57376 What have you done so far? Where are you getting stuck? If you provide some details, someone may be able to help. b166er wrote: > hi members > > i want to develop a timetable for teachers and their periods. > i want there sh...

group by week in pivot table
i have design a pivot table in excel, but I found no group by WEEK in the grouping function...is it possible to do that in other way or let me to define date of range ??? Million thanksss Right-click on the Date field button Choose Group and Show Detail>Group Select Days, and set the number of days to 7 Click OK Grey wrote: > i have design a pivot table in excel, but I found no group by WEEK in the > grouping function...is it possible to do that in other way or let me to > define date of range ??? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com...

Export data from tables to Excel
Hi I want help on exporting data from tables to Excel. Im using a form with a command button when button is pressed i want all the data on the form to goto an Excel spreadsheet but i want the spreadsheet to auto save with the primary key as the file name. Thank you Andy Andy, you can use a macro with transfer spreadsheet. In the macro you specify the name for the new file. It is auto saved. Jeanette Cunningham "Andysc" <u41622@uwe> wrote in message news:803b29d5bc08a@uwe... > Hi > I want help on exporting data from tables to Excel. > Im using a form with a comma...

How do I Transfer Data from one table to another
I have two tables of similar (but not identical) headings and different data in each table similar to below. Prices change each day and are listed in the prices tables TblPrices Date A B C 24/02/2010 2.66 3.14 1.32 25/02/2010 2.72 3.21 1.39 26/02/2010 2.62 3.14 1.30 TblCurrentPrice Product Current Price A 2.62 B 3.14 C 1.30 I put in a new price everyday in the TblPrice and I would like to make a query to upd...

Calculated Field in Pivot Table
Hi, How can I create a coloum in a pivot table that is the sum of two others coloumns? Thanks, Tamir :-) EXCEL 2007 Click in the Pivot Table / PivotTable Tools / Options / Tools group / Formulas / Calculated Field / complete the Name: field / enter the Formula: field and remove the 0 / Click the first Field: you wish to add / Insert Field / enter the + sign / Click the second Field: you wish to add / Insert Field / OK If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "Tamir" wrote: > Hi, > How can I create a coloum in a pivot table that is the ...

An image as a backgroud for a table in a template
I want to have an image as a background for a table in a template. Then i want to add text boxes in each cell. The image will then be as a help for users were to put an X on the image. I use Word 2003. Insert the image and format it as Behind Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Roy" <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9FEDB40-3F6F-4B2E-88C9-ABCD56EC99BD@microsoft.com... >I want to have an image as a background for a table in a template. Then i > want to ad...

List from a Table
Hi, Suppose i have some data across 2 columns starting A2 and B2. Owner of car, and Car Model respectively. Column A may contain repeated entries (Owner can have more than 1 car of different companies AND can also have 2 same cars. ) B also contains repeated entries. abc ford def ford xyz nissan xyz suzuki efg honda abc toyota I want to enter in C1 name of the owner and get list of cars he has across C2:C5000. Same in D1, name of car and get list of owners across D2:D5000. ...

Can you write protect a table in a database?
Hi, I wonder if it's possible to make a table (for all users) write protected (I don't want people by accident changing data)? Cheers, Mikael Sweden Well, that's one way to get around the problem. But I really want to know if it's possible to write-protect the table, and if so, how? Cheers, Mikael Well, that's one solution to the problem. But I would really like to know if it's possible to write-protect a table, and if so, how? Cheers, Mikael If you are using Access 2003 or earlier you can use User Level Security to have the table 'read only' for c...

Negative Value To Be stored In Table
What is the formula or how to set the property field in a table to take a value as a negitive value. example: if i add 300.00 it should be stored as -300.00 automatically. "Aamer" <Aamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA5CCEC2-058F-42EC-83DD-27CA52ED7E86@microsoft.com... > What is the formula or how to set the property field in a table to take a > value as a negitive value. > > example: if i add 300.00 it should be stored as -300.00 automatically. On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:54:01 -0800, Aamer <Aamer@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Programming a macro in Excel Office 2007 to create Pivot Table
In Excel 97-2003, I had created in a macro to create a pivot table from a range of data. However, when I converted the file to Excel in Office 2007, I get VBA errors. The converted workbook is now an xlsm file with macros enabled. Not sure what else to do. The VBA error is: Sheets.Add ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "Loans!R8C2:R416C55", Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12).CreatePivotTable _ TableDestination:="Sheet1!R3C1", TableName:="PivotTable1", DefaultVersion _ :=xlPivotTabl...

Football League Table Spreadsheet
Hi, Forgive me if I have posted in the wrong section but it is my first post. I am looking to use a spreadsheet to contain a league table and fixture list for a church league which has ten teams playing each other twice in a season. I want to be able to just add the scores in to the fixture list and have the table update itself accordingly. I want the table to have columns for the following: Played/Won/Lost/Drawn/Goals For/Goals Against/Goal Difference/Points I will be using Excel 2002. Many thanks...Gracust -- gracust ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Pass table data from Access to a C dll and get it back
Hi, I want to pass a table's data into C code for further processing and get the processed data back into another table in Access. I have seen sample code in C++ opening an Access db and using automation on it. However, this is not permitted in my case; the driver application has to be Access itself. So maybe I have to pass the data into VBA and then further into the C code? Sample code for this anyone? Just a simple table with a few columns (properties) will do. TIA, Nikolas "rdrnws" <rdr@nws.com> wrote in message news:fh9nfp$rpo$1@aioe.org... > Hi, I want to ...

Table of Contents -- performance issues
In Office 2007 I have a 102 -page document with a Table of Contents. Response is now slow while I'm working within this document. For example: Copy and pasting small amounts of text (1 - 4 words), selecting fields, an so on. Is there a suggested size threshold, after which performance begins to degrade? Are there setting I can change to improve performance? ... Or should I split into separate documents? Thank you Are there a lot of graphics? Are several other apps open? Do you have limited memory? Do you have a virus? 102 pages isn't challenging in itself at...