Tables in Publisher

I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every
cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom,
it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the whole table. Is there a
quick way to get a line on the bottom of every cell without having to select
every single cell and add the line? Thanks.
0
Silver (23)

silver wrote:
> I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every
> cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom,
> it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the whole table. Is there a
> quick way to get a line on the bottom of every cell without having to select
> every single cell and add the line? Thanks.

Try selecting the entire table and using the line BETWEEN cells option.
This is the same as adding a line at the bottom of each cell.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"silver" wrote:

> I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every
> cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom,
> it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the whole table. Is there a
> quick way to get a line on the bottom of every cell without having to select
> every single cell and add the line? Thanks.
0
Silver (23)

how do I get more than one sub-total in pivot tables?
I am using pivot tables to show summary HR recruiting data. The data columns are nested at three levels - priority(a, b or c), type(add/replace), number of reqs and number of positions. The pivot table automatically gives me sub-totals within the priority so I get number of reqs that are adds of priority A for example. I also automatically get a total of number of reqs and total of number of positions. What I'm trying to get is the sub-total of number of reqs that are adds regardless of priority. Move Type to the column area, and you'll get columns with totals for Add and...

Publishing an internal CRM web site using ISA
Hi all, I was wondering if its possible to publish an internally hosted CRM 1.2 web site to the internet using ISA 2000 ? I've done the basics as far setting up the web publishing and when I try and pull up the site, I get a network logon prompt which I think makes sense since the site seems to use network authentication to determine who you are. What I cannot figure out, is what to enter at this login prompt. I've tried my account, the administrator account and no luck. Anybody have any idea what to do ? Thanks Nick are you being prompted for Username password domain? or on...

How to share documents between different versions of Publisher.
My at-home desktop has Publisher2003 and I can't e-mail documents to the office desktop which uses Publisher 2000. What can I do to correct this impass? Do a "Save as" in the format of the oldest format of the Publisher versions that will be opening the file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jcslks" <jcslks @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D7C8C59-9F0C-4AFD-A582-EE968E68B350@microsoft.com... > My at-home desktop has Publisher2003 and I can't e-mail documents to the > office desktop which uses Publisher 2000. What can I do to correct this ...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

Where is the text strikethrough command in Publisher?
Please use this space to be courteous. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher You lost in this white space somewhere! ...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

Publisher 2003 Templates do not act like Templates
Hi. :-) Ever since I installed Publisher 2003, the Templates have not behaved like templates. When I click a Template, instead of the default "New" Publisher document, the Template itself opens up with the same name as the template. In other words, Publisher 2003 templates simply behave like regular Publisher documents, not like templates. (My Word 2003 templates behave normally.) Similarly, when I open up Publisher, in the "New Publication" pane on the left, when I click on "Templates," instead of showing my templates in my C:\Documents and Settings\<...

Table fields not appearing in report writer
I have created an add-in app for GP. With the app are reports. When I go into Great Plains in the Report Writer and modify the report I need to create a relationship with existing GP tables. When I am in the Report Writer and I choose the MY table and look at the table, I can see all the fields. When I go to create a relationship, I click the Relationship button, select Great Plains for the product, select the table I want and choose the index. In the portion of the form where you associate one field with another, the secondard table (GP) shows the fields that are in the index. H...

Create individual worksheets for selected rows in a table
Hi guys, I hope somebody may be able to help. I want to be able to automate the following procedure Create individual worksheets for selected rows in a table. Many thanks - Batman2002 Batman, If you really want the entirerow, then use this - if you just want the selection, then remove the .EntireRow of the last line: Sub CopySelectioToNewWorksheet() Dim mySheet1 As Worksheet Dim mySheet2 As Worksheet Set mySheet1 = ActiveSheet Set mySheet2 = Sheets.Add(Type:="Worksheet") mySheet1.Activate Selection.EntireRow.Copy mySheet2.Range("A1") End Sub HTH, Bernie "...

Multiple Pivot Tables based on the same data
I have two pivot tables based on the same source. However, each table is unique in how it shows the date. The first shows all thirty days of the month. The second groups the date in 10 day increments. The first table is summed data while the other is averaged data. When I try to set up the second table to group, it also groups the first table even though its' on a different sheet. I remember being able to do this in version 2003. What have I overlooked? Thanks Phil In xl2003, I could create the pivottables as separate entities. I created the first PT and then sta...

Publisher 2007 open files problem with Server 2003
I have a very small network using Server 2003 and when we used Publisher 2003 It downloaded files from the Server to the Client Computers very fast. Now It takes 2-3 min. for small files and 3-5 min. for large files. There are a lot of pictures in these files but the same files opened in pub 2003 with no problems. Is there a solution for this issue. Thanks for your help. Maybe this article is your answer An Office program is slow or may appear to stop responding (hang) when you open a file from a network location http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833041 -- Mary Sauer http://m...

Sort across a table
I have a table with theese records: SpillID SumBS SumGG SumBB SumBH 1 66 42 53 21 2 60 22 35 32 3 52 21 20 14 4 59 10 4 46 5 -8 53 17 -1 6 39 18 49 53 7 17 50 54 34 8 24 53 38 56 9 25 44 35 53 10 55 11 -9 32 Are there a way that Access that can present these data sorted like this: SpillID 1 66 53 42 21 2 60 35 32 22 3 52 21 20 14 4 59 46 10 4 5 53 17 -1 -8 6 53 49 39 18 7 54 50 34 17 8 56 53 38 24 9 53 44 35 25 10 55 32 11 -9 Any answer will be highly valued. hi, On 15.02.2010 12:14, The Viking wrote: > I have a table with theese records: > Spil...

Converting Publisher 2003 to PDF
When I convert a 2003 Publisher document to Adobe 6 Standard my Hyperlinks are not active, any ideas, when I convert a Word doc it works fine. Thanks What program are you using to create the pdf file? I use PDF-XChange to create a pfd file out of a Publisher file and my hyperlinks are active. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF891A30-893D-4ABB-8DE3-4668927EDDB7@microsoft.com... > When I convert a 2003 Publisher document to Adobe 6 Standard my Hyperlinks > are not active, any ideas, when I convert a Word doc i...

Defining Print Ranges From Pivot Tables
I have a Excel Spreadsheet that contains 3 workbooks, two of which contain data, one of which contains data which my pivot table on the third workbook feeds off. When in the pivot table i have added 4 four more columns of calculations on the right hand side of the pivot table. These columns use data from the pivot table and the data sheet to perform the calculations. As the amount of data changes variably on what is selected from a field within the pivot table i have had to use iserror and isna formulas so when there is only a short table the colums to the right return blanks rather than error...

convert a power point slide index to publisher
How can I convert a power point program to publisher. Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "mike" <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59F29BB7-2C39-48C5-95AF-75BE5854144F@microsoft.com... > How can I convert a power point program to publisher. ...

Linked Table Manager
How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager Rob "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:ut$CAVvsHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? > ...

how do i get publisher 2003 to print in pantone on my new zerox 6.
i have a new 6250dp Zerox Phaser Tectronix printer. I cannot get the colors in Publisher to print correctly. Can someone tell me what to do? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from lori <lori@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > i have a new 6250dp Zerox Phaser Tectronix printer. I cannot get the > colors in Publisher to print correctly. In what way are your your colours not what you want? Is it, say, that colours are generally a little too light or too dark, or that green is printing as blue, or pink as green? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft...

Add lookup after the table has been created
Hi there I have created a table and realized that to ease use of adding data, I want to add a lookup column. How do I create a lookup column (either typed in or based on another table) to a field which has already been populated? Thank you Don't do it! You should never be working directly with the tables: you should always use a form. On a form, you can easily bind the field to a combo box. See http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm at "The Access Web" for some of the many reasons why lookup fields in tables are not considered to be a good thing...

multiple tables in a report 10-24-07
i am making a report on inventory, it comprises tblsales, tblpurchases, tblsalesret. my problem is, how can i use or read this 3 tables to make one report ...

Using a MIN, MAX formula on a calculated field in a pivot table
How can I create a calculated field that includes formulas with MIN, MAX or AVERAGE? Becasue the summary form calculated field of a pivot table cannot be changed (is always SUM), Excel returns a different number when I try to insert a field that includes such a formula. I am trying to include a field like this to calculate minimum possible cost: =MIN('Price')*SUM(Order Quantity) Any suggestion on how to do it? ...

open publication publisher 2002 in different versions of publishe
someone please tell me how to open publication in publisher 2002 in different version of publisher say pub 2000 You should be able to open almost all versions of Publisher in Publisher 2002. Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and try again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gza" <gza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1A9535D-6C88-4AE7-A495-D704CC2D06DD@microsoft.com... > someone please tell me how to open publication in publisher 2002 in > different versi...

using Publisher, how do I bend text to fit inside a circle shape?
Using Publisher, how do I bend test to fit inside a circle shape? With WordArt. What version Publisher? I have a short tutorial for a circle shape here, scroll way down http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bruce" <bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E166C91C-79FD-467A-A128-6E71A4C431CC@microsoft.com... > Using Publisher, how do I bend test to fit inside a circle shape? ...

Publisher 98 #6
Trying to insert clip art I get a gray box and it will not open the window where I can make my selections. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, it doesn't help. I am operating on windows 98. HELP! This is usually caused by one of two things, with 3 resolutions to your problem. 1st) Make sure Publisher is not open. Delete the file ARTGALRY.CAG in the X:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Artgalry. Now open Publisher and see if it works. Close Publisher if it does not. 2nd) Double click on the file "Artgalry.reg" Now open Publisher and see if it wo...

Using Publisher 2000 files in Word 2000
In very simple words please... How may I make mixed text and clipart files produced in Publisher 2000 be moved to Word 2000 and - remaining unchanged in appearance and editability - save as .doc files? Thank for any help and/or advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Simply, you cannot. Copy and paste via the clipboard is the only way and no layout format will be retained. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity pill@blueyonder.co.uk... > How may I make mixed text and clipart files pr...

how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture
how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture What version Publisher? In 2002-03, group all objects, right-click save as picture. In earlier versions copy and paste into a Paint program and save as... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mirella" <mirella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DD047F6-0DA2-498E-A1E6-2482442B9B27@microsoft.com... > how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture ...