tables and numbering

I have created a six column table in Publisher.  The items in each column (or
cell) are numbered items using " bullets/numbers".  The first three columns
are listing items by number 1,2,3, etc.  However in the last three columns
they are acting like they are linked:  first column lists 1,2,3, second
column lists 4, third column lists 5.
Second and third columns should begin with listing "1".  The formatting
under the bullets/numbering option seems to be formatted correctly.  Any
ideas?  Suggestions?
0
jms (36)

Do a return, then another return, the next column will revert to one. Or do a return,
turn the bullets and numbering off.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"jms" <jms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a six column table in Publisher.  The items in each column (or
> cell) are numbered items using " bullets/numbers".  The first three columns
> are listing items by number 1,2,3, etc.  However in the last three columns
> they are acting like they are linked:  first column lists 1,2,3, second
> column lists 4, third column lists 5.
> Second and third columns should begin with listing "1".  The formatting
> under the bullets/numbering option seems to be formatted correctly.  Any
> ideas?  Suggestions?

0
gsauer (5093)

filling a control in a continuous form with a field from a table
I had posted this under "Access Reports" in error and received a response and responded. Please follow the dialog for an explaination of my question: Original Question: I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table. I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the table Attorney which contains one field called Atty. So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney table field. Response Received: Your combo box to select the at...

numbers are not numbers in excel xp
I m sure this is obvious question, but I have been fighting long enough. On excel xp, after choosing a group of cells, columns, or rows then Format~Cells~category~NUMBER. then each number added to each cell, it says number in cell is formatted as text, bla bla and I need to click 2 times to convert it. Each and every number that I enter in a cell needs me to do this before I can do my math. Pre xp, it was not like this. Why and how can I really truly set a group of cells to number? Tks, paul Just formatting the cells as Numbers (or currency or General or anything else) won't ch...

How to convert numbers with comma decimal sepatators?
I have received a spreadsheet from Germany which has commas instead of fullstops as the decimal separator. Is it possible to convert these to standard fullstop separators? Thank you & Regards Ian Bull Hi Ian Excel should take care of this herself, using whatever separator defined in Wondows' controlpanel. So I guess the real and graver problem is that the numbers aren't values, just plain text, which is unsuitable for calculations. But try a Replace (edit menu) on a few cells and see if they convert. Maybe they do. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup...

How can I change the default way pivot tables summarize by
By default, pivot tables summarize data by "Count". Is there a way to set the default as "Sum", which seems to be more widely used. If the data is all numeric, then you get "Sum of". If you have any non-numeric (including spaces), you get "count of". Maybe you could record a macro that builds the pivottable the way you like. Or you could use a utility from Debra Dalgleish that can do this (and lots more): http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddin.html Jorge wrote: > > By default, pivot tables summarize data by "Count". Is there a way...

How to change number of decimal places on an exsiting item unit pr
The existing item unit price is set to 2 decimal places. We need the item currency decimals set to 4 places. When we run the utility "Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Change Decimal Places" The audit reported generated report s the following message. "Item exists on an inventory transaction and could not be updated. "Item exists on a Purchase Order processing transaction and not be updated." Is there anythin I can do to solve the problem? Thanks GO As indicated by the error message, you cannot have any unposted inventory transactions or open purchase or...

Pivot Table Dates
I'm bringing in data from an external database & creating a Pivot table with grouped dates (Eg months) when this table is copied and the date grouping changed from say months to qtrs it changes the original to qtrs as well is it possible to avoid this happening without creating seperate workbooks Many thanks Neil Thompson You can always create another Pivot table within the same workbook, but not link it to the existing one, You will pay the price in terms of filesize, but it will fix your problem. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Table Import
Hi all. New to Great Plains but the administration of the system has been dumped in my lap. We have on certain workstations GP running with Table Import Definitions defined on them and on other workstations the list of definitions is blank. In what file in the EEnterpriseXX directory are these definitions stored? Thanks, Art Martin The files are located on the workstation in the following tables. SY50000.idx SY50000.dat SY50100.idx SY50100.dat Leslie "ArtMartin" wrote: > Hi all. New to Great Plains but the administration of the system has been > dumped in my lap....

Report Writer table relationships
I need to add the ship to address from SOP30200 to the RM Aged Trial Balance w/options in Report Writer.... is anyone aware of a table relationships that could be linked... You can do this with Report Writer and VBA. I am not aware that you can establish a relationship between RM tables and SOP tables because of the keys involved. Take a look at David Musgrave's blog for examples on how to accomplish this. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot....

Grouping in Pivot Tables #2
Issue 1: I have a table which has Job Number on the left, with inner division by Revenue/Cost Group, then individual Cost or revenue codes. Along the top are year and month columns. I have manually selected which cost or revenue codes to include in "Revenue" group and "Cost" group by highlighting etc and it all looks OK at the moment. There are about 60-70 cost/revenue codes so this is a bit of a pain. The cost/revenue codes are alphanumeric and are not consecutive in our chart of accounts. Codes are usually of the format LNNNLLL. Individual jobs use a subsection of the...

converting formula values into just numbers?
I need to manipulate with a macro, as absolute numbers, the numerical values returned from a formula. Instead of say.....1,3,5,8, etc. the macro sees the corresponding formula when referred to these cells and can't work with it. How can I return just straight numbers from the formula calculations? Thanks One way: Dim myValue As Double myValue = Range("A1").Value In article <OPPdt4k0DHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "DNunley" <dnunley@earthlink.net> wrote: > I need to manipulate with a macro, as absolute numbers, the numerical values > re...

Auto Sum unknown number of rows
Im using odbc to import data from a database. Imported is a list of products in column A and then various columns containing sales figures. Because of the import from the database, I do not know how many rows of products will appear, this week we sell 500 different products, next week 550. I need to add totals to the columns directly under the last product. I've tried creating the totals in an empty template and then inserting the imported data so the total figures move down and appear at the bottom. However the imported data moves the total cells to the right instead of down. Tried ...

How to add a description to an excel table
Hello, how can I add a decription to an excel table? I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table. bye Click on any cell in your table(s). Then Insert > Comment -- Gary''s Student "Przemyslaw" wrote: > Hello, > how can I add a decription to an excel table? > I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what > data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table. > bye ...

Hiding Pivot Table Toolbar from a macro
I have recorded several macros to create different pivot tables that I repeatedly use. When I first recorded them, I forgot to close the Pivot Table Toolbar before I stopped recording and it appears each time I run a macro to create the tables. That was OK for a while until I had finished modifying the individual macros to have the tables look just like I want and where I want them. Now I would like to do away with the Pivot Table Toolbar by code at the end of each macro. How to do that is beyond me. Maybe it can't be done but that doesn't stop me from wanting to do it. Will ...

Custom Number Formats
Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and limitations of Custom Number formats? I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word format inside of Excel. So far I've been unsuccessful. tj How about "About custom number formats" in XL Help? In article <153F3092-E5EB-489D-B568-A63C7BA41130@microsoft.com>, "tjtjjtjt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and > limitations of Custom Number formats? > I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word fo...

number of days in a month
Hi Is it possible to create a formula that would automayically insert the number of days in the current or previous month. At present I am having to manually insert the number into the formula, an axample below, month is where I want the number inserting: =SUM(D61*37.5)/7.5*month For the current month: =DAY(EOMONTH(NOW(),0)) For the previous month: =DAY(EOMONTH(NOW(),-1)) These require the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Boenerge" <Boenerge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1897BE99-1EDC-4B54-ACEA-95D43B68CE66@micr...

auto assign lot number /serial number in inventory transaction
auto assign lot number /serial number in inventory transaction like in Sales order processing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=63d06705-21f8-45b3-a2e9-a64c2b...

Splitting Tables
Hi all Currently I have inherited a Database that has all of the customer and employees in one table. The Table has fields for company name address etc. The problem is when a new customer employess is enter the whole details of the company name address etc have to be re entered. I would have like to create seperate tables to store the Customer names and addresses and then link it to a table containing the customer employees. The table currently contains about 10000 entries so retyping it all is not an option. Is there an automatic way of splitting the tables, removed doubled entries and...

GP Table Structure
I too am learning Crystal Report. Its clear that understanding GP tables is key to writing Crystal Reports. It is also clear that comprehensive information regarding GP Table Structure is very hard to come by. Is there a textbook available that defines table names and inter relationships. Ed, Your best bet is the Microsoft Dynamics GP Software Development Kit (SDK) documentation. Accolade Publications also publishes a set of useful titles exclusively dedicated to explain in detail the flow of information and posting ("Information Flow & Posting") and other tricks of th...

changes to pivot table labels
Hi I have a pivot table that reads data from an OLAP cube, is it possible to prevent users from changing the row labels Regards, AQ ...

load cobol file to sql table
hi, Anyone knows how to load a cobol file to sql server table? I tried bulk insert, I got problem with the special char 3 small square + / If I select the records I don't see any char after 3 sqare + / thanks, Don't know the file structure, but if it's a some form of fixed-width or delimited file you can use SSIS, or you can use BULK INSERT/bcp with a format file. "Mecn" <mecn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u9toxhEdKHA.4952@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > hi, > > Anyone knows how to load a cobol file to sql server table? > &g...

Table question
I have WinXP. I created a Table in WordPerfect (6.1) and then opened it up in Word (2003) so I could send it to some people who only have Word. In both instances (WP and Word), there is a blank page at the end that I don't know how to get rid of. Doing Delete on the last table page, or Backspace on the blank page, doesn't work because the cursor is inside the table at the end. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:#udUI1CfKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have WinXP. I...

Add Data To Pivot Table
I made a report, requested by our sales reps, that included sales figures for various customers and territories over the last few years, showing month to month totals per rep. But ... How can I update the report on a monthly basis now? Instead of having to go back and run the whole report over again each month, I mean. I just want to be able to add in the next month's totals to the figures already in the previous report, but I see no way to 'undo' the previous setup to add in the new stuff, or merely combine the new figures with the old. What am I missing? Any help ap...

Eliminating empty rows in Pivot table
Problem is that you can't simply filter out some data field because in some row fields they have values and at some they don't. So what I essentialy need is for those rows to exist when they contain data and to be erased when not containing data.I hope that it+s possible in excel 2007 Hi, Click on the immediate cell to the right of the Grant Total (for columns) cell, and press Auto Filter. This will get the auto filter drop down on the Grand Total column. Now filter out the Blanks. Hope this helps. -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishma...

comments in pivot table
As I understand that comments in pivot tables are linked to the cell and not to the data, I am looking for other solution to input comments in pivot table. I need the comment to be linked to a specific row. ...

Pivot Table Running Delta total
How can I run a runnin delta total on a pivot table instead of a sum? the operation instead of sum would be from column Type D-S and the totals shold be the result of the first week plus next etc. Sum of Qty WK WK of PastDue 1004 1005 1006 1007 Part # Type pastdue 1/23/2010 1/30/2010 2/6/2010 2/13/2010 part1 D 14010 S 1000 1000 part1 Total 14010 1000 1000 part2 D 360 S 180 part2Total 360 180 part3 D 600 S 600 part3 Total 600 600 part4 D 7980 2580 S 2040 part4 Total 7980 4620 ...