table of contents

The whole tab thing just works like it's broken in Pub 2000. No matter how
many times I reset the tabs for the table of contents, it goes back to mish
mash when I open it.. I then have to reset each line individually because
it's not smart enough to do the whole page. The last line doesn't have a
chapter number so it won't stay in line with the others at the right edge.
It's a real pain in the neck.

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Asussertown <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net>...
> The whole tab thing just works like it's broken in Pub 2000. No
> matter how many times I reset the tabs for the table of contents, it
> goes back to mish mash when I open it.. I then have to reset each
> line individually because it's not smart enough to do the whole page.
> The last line doesn't have a chapter number so it won't stay in line
> with the others at the right edge. It's a real pain in the neck.

a) Is there any particular issue you want us to help you with, or did you
just want to blow off steam?
b) Try selecting the entire text box before setting a tab (if the TOC is in
one text box)
c) Try turning off synchronisation (if enabled)
d) Try creating your text box manually
e) Are you running all the updates for Pub2000 from
http://office.microsoft.com?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from Asussertown <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net>...
> > The whole tab thing just works like it's broken in Pub 2000. No
> > matter how many times I reset the tabs for the table of contents, it
> > goes back to mish mash when I open it.. I then have to reset each
> > line individually because it's not smart enough to do the whole page.
> > The last line doesn't have a chapter number so it won't stay in line
> > with the others at the right edge. It's a real pain in the neck.
>
> a) Is there any particular issue you want us to help you with, or did you
> just want to blow off steam?

You evidentally figured out what the "particular issue" is. Yest I tried
highlighting the line, all the lines, everything in the text box. I finally
got it straight between those thing that are supposed to work and using
manual procedures. I have use Publisher and other programs for years. This
feature is clearly an issue. Thank you.
> b) Try selecting the entire text box before setting a tab (if the TOC is
in
> one text box)
> c) Try turning off synchronisation (if enabled)
> d) Try creating your text box manually
> e) Are you running all the updates for Pub2000 from
> http://office.microsoft.com?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

Pivot Table and Charts
Hi: I am new to Pivot charts. I have data related to business group, project name, spend to date and end date. I want to do a pivot chart that will have Business Group, project name and spend to date on side and end date as a chart next to it. Business Group, Project Name, Spend to Date, End date as row chart. Thanks in advance. This might be a good place to start: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm tj "anonymous" wrote: > Hi: > > I am new to Pivot charts. I have data related to business > group, project name, spend to date and end date. ...

Update pivot table report filter using cell value
Please point a VBA beginner in the right direction: I want the code below to update the pivot table based on the cell value in "C5" of a worksheet named "Dates". Can this be done by amending the last line of recorded code below? Windows("VDN Daily.xlsm").Activate ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields( _ "[Record Date].[Date].[Date]").ClearAllFilters ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields( _ "[Record Date].[Date].[Date]").CurrentPageName = _ "[Record Date].[Date].&[2010-02...

Help!
I am trying to automatically take the "badge number" fields on one table and automatically have them added to the "badge number" fields on another related table. I only want the new records entered in on the inital form to be added to the secondary table. I already have the old records added. Why? If you already have the values in one table, why are you trying to add them into another table? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "CarrierCunliffe" <CarrierCunliffe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795DE5D5-AFA6-4DDC-94CA-C6...

Inventory transactions not clearing open tables when posted
I'm seeing a number of inventory adjustment and transfer transactions remain in the open tables after posting. Any ideas on what could cause that? Is there any reason that the same transaction should be in IV10000 and IV30200; or IV10001 and IV30300? Thx. -- Jim@TurboChef Are you using single use Inventory batches? -- dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "Jim@TurboChef" <JimTurboChef@discussions....

Excel table to HTML - some columns too wide
Hi, I am trying to create a table for a webpage, and since I know almost nothing about webpage authoring, someone suggested that I create the table on Excel and then convert it to HTML. I know next to nothing about Excel either, but I was able to easily create the table on it nonetheless. The problem is, when I use the conversion option within Excel, the result is a table that has one or two columns in the middle about four times wider than the rest. They all should be 2.17 wide, with columns at each side about two times wider. I have monkeyed with everything, but all that happens is t...

Howto use excel cell value to lookup an oracle table
I have an excel worksheet containing a list of userid's in cell A, for each row I want to reference the userid in cell A and connect to an external Oracle database to lookup and return further details for that user. eg.. their department and location etc.. Can you advise how I do this. I am currently using Excel 2003 ...

Are barcodes stored? List of all tables in SQL?
Are the barcodes for all the ILCs stored? If so, on what table? Is there a way to get a list of all the tables in the database? Or are the barcodes generated on the fly? Thanks. The ILC is usually the barcode number. Alias can also be used. Barcode type is stored in the item table. It is only needed if you are printing barcodes "Jonathan Smith" <JonathanSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8082ADD-B3F7-4F9C-BAF8-0532B2787068@microsoft.com... > Are the barcodes for all the ILCs stored? If so, on what table? > > Is there a way to get a list ...

Lock Pivot Table Column Widths
Hi, Everytime I refresh my pivot table the column width changes. Is there a way to set and lock the column widths of the pivot table. Thanks, Christine Turn off AutoFormat in the PivotTable, and the column width should be retained: Right-click on a cell in the PivotTable Choose Table Options Remove the check mark from AutoFormat Table Click OK Christine wrote: > Hi, > > Everytime I refresh my pivot table the column width > changes. Is there a way to set and lock the column widths > of the pivot table. > > Thanks, > Christine -- Debra Dalgleish Excel F...

how to add new row to table in Excel 2003?
Hi, I am designing a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 but trying to keep it backwards compatible with 2003. I have a table which a user will enter data in which I wanted to link to two buttons which will either add a row to the bottom (labelled insert row) or delete the selected row (labelled delete row). I have only got as far as inserting a row so far. The code: "Range("G35").Select Selection.ListObject.ListRows.Add AlwaysInsert:=False" works in 2007 but not 2003 and I cant seem to work out the equivilent code. When I tried recording the action of tabbin...

Table Links
Is anyone well versed with the link properties for all tables within RMS. I would like to created a report that tells me payment amounts posted to transactions that were On Account. this is racking my brain! Well Chris, you have asked about whole entity relationship however for the below queries here are the tables and link Payment Table Link ------------------------ Payment.CustomerID= Customer.ID Payment.CashierID=Cashier.ID TenderEntry.PaymentID=Payment.ID (The mode of payment link) AccountsRecievableHistory.AccountRecievableID=AccountReceivable.ID (This tell you which receivable...

Pivot Table Formatting Question
I feel stupid asking this, but couldn't find the answer anywhere. When I initially started working with pivot tables, I was able to select all like items by placing my cursor to the extreme left of the row. This would allow me to change the formatting in all the total fields (for example) at once. I am no longer being able to select all like fields this way. Do any of you geniuses know how I might enable this feature again? Thanks in advance for your help. To enable selection: From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Select Click on Enable Selection marmur1 wrote: > ...

How do I find a format for restaurant table tents?
I would like to create a table tent menu for a restaurant that is a quarter sheet size, 4 to a page. Page setup, folded card, tent card, portrait, type 4.25 width, 2.75 height -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "unclebutter" <unclebutter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:588CE412-5938-46C1-8586-A2A7B3C3DB82@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a table tent menu for a restaurant that is a quarter > sheet size, 4 to a page. ...

How To: Link worksheet data to pre-existing chart tables
I have a powerpoint presentation which has all the required excel data charts in it already. Currently to update the charts I need to pick the appropriate data out of seperate excel worksheets and manually input the data to the appropriate charts that generate the charts. How do I link the worksheets with the supporting data directly to the appropriate cells in the excel tables that are used to generate the charts. I would like it so that when new data is entered on the excel worksheets, the appropriate cell data is transferred to the excel tables in the powerpoint lecture that generate...

Pivot Table Data Field ... )2
Excel2003 ... Pivot Table Data Field ... )2 In my Data Field I am seeing a Field = Field Name )2 What does the " )2 " mean? I have the Field Name in my Data, but not ending in " )2 " Thanks ... Kha -- Kha ...

insert contents with ',' in it
Tried to duplicate the contents of a field from one table to another in an update statement. However, due to the contents has a ','. Hence I got the runtime error 3075 Syntax eror (misssing operator) in query expression. The field is of type 'memo' in both table. When certain condition met, I copy the contents of the field from one table and duplicate it on another table. BUT how do I over comes the ',' problem in the field. What process are you using? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Smiley" wrote: > Tried to duplicate the content...

NNTP threading lost when viewing posted content in Public Folders.
L.S. The company I work for has setup a NNTP/Public Folder infrastructure to provide both Outlook as Non-Outlook users with newsgroups. If a Non Outlook user posts a number of messages through a default NNTP client (Outlook Express or Thunderbird) message threading is maintained for all other NNTP clients. If a Outlook users opens the Public Folder in which the news group is stored (NNTP storage location=Public Folder), threading is no longer there. Further investigation showed that: - The standard (NNTP) message header fields "References"and "In-Reply-To" are pres...

How can I detail Pivot Table data without creating a table (Excel 2007)
Hi.. I would like to know if there is a way to detail pivot tale data without creating a new table, or in other terms, without the need to convert it to a range? Thanks in advance. Kind regards, SkELeTikO P.S. I'm currently using Excel 2007 ...

Resizing chart data table
Hello, I have a bar graph with the data table displayed. However, some of my labels are quite long, and they are being truncated. I can't seem to find any way to resize the data table to allow more room for the text. Is there a way to do this? Thanks! Hi, The builtin chart table is very restricted when it comes to layout and formatting. You maybe better off using cells to provide the data table. Have a read of Tushar's page on the subject. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.in...

How do I sort numbers in a table (ie. rows & columns)?
I have drawn up a table 10 columns by 30 rows and have a inserted a random number between 1000 - 3000 in each cell using the RANDBETWEEN function. Is there a way I can sort the table so that the lowest value appears in the top left cell and the highest in the bottom right (ie. in order by rows and then by columns)? I hope this makes sense. Alternatively how can I ensure that I do not have any duplicate numbers in my selection? Your assistance is appreciated. Thank you T, My Excel add-in Special Sort can sort the data in a table - either across the rows or down the columns and in asc...

Trying to add a field from another table on a form
I've added relationship between the form's master table and the other table. I've updated the control source on the txt box to the table/field that I need (=[table]![field]) but all of the fields are displaying as "#Name?" on my form. I'm sorry, I know this is probably something stupid. Use a query as the forms source and join the tables in the query. Redo the text box control source. -- Build a little, test a little. "FergusonH" wrote: > I've added relationship between the form's master table and the other table. > I...

Erase cell contents based upon a condition
I have a huge list which counts the number of items in the list (per each record) in the total row. Based upon an entered condition ( like put a 2 in B1 and compare all entries down that column to the 2 - if the entry in each cell equals the 2 - great - if not, erase the 2 and leave the cell blank). I use the CountA at the end of the row, for each record, to see how many items this person has versus another record. A B C D 2 Total Jim 2 4 2 Bob ...

Pivot Table--How can I create from multiple sheets?
Dear Steven: Thank you very much for your reply and advice. I am curious now how to create a Pivot Table from multiple sheets. Whenever I try it fails or doesn't allow me to access the Pivot Table/Pivot Chart Report menu option. If you or anyone else has any insight on this, please let me know. Thanks. -- -=- penciline -=- "steven1001" wrote: > > If you organise your data as follows: > > Date source Account Value > 1/2/06 Cash News 2.50 > 1/2/06 Debit Food 21.50 > 1/2/06 Charge Clothes 52.50 > 1/2/06 Char...

copying Word-Table to Excel
When copying a table (where a table item contains formatted text with "line breaks") to Excel, each "line break" generates a new sub-row and not, as wanted, an equivalent "line break" in the corresponding excel cell (which can be generated manually by pressing ALT+ENTER). How can I reach this? Is it, alternativly, possible to generate the ALT+ENTER in Excel automaticly by using a special control caracter in the "replace" field of the search&replace function? Peter If you change the table in Word to use a special character instead of a carri...

Unknown cell content
I wanted to print a worksheet which is withing a A4 size limit, but print preview show 2 pages, Y is that so? I copied to another sheet using context menu at the sheet tab but it still show 2 pages! Any help If it doesn't fit the page, then it doesn't fit the page. Maybe changing the printarea (file|print area) would help. Maybe changing the option under File|page setup|Page tab "Fit to x pages wide by y pages tall" to 1 page wide to 1 page tall (if it's a single sheet) would help. crapit wrote: > > I wanted to print a worksheet which is withing a A4 size...