Table Borders

I am new to Publisher and I need to create a table with double line borders.
I can't seem to figure out how to do this. When I go to line style the double
line is greyed out and if I go into format table the option to have a double
in is not there.

Is it possible to have a table with double line borders?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Dee
0
Dee (106)

If you simply want a double border around the table and not the cells, draw a
box around the table.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to Publisher and I need to create a table with double line borders.
> I can't seem to figure out how to do this. When I go to line style the double
> line is greyed out and if I go into format table the option to have a double
> in is not there.
>
> Is it possible to have a table with double line borders?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dee

0
gsauer (5093)
3/15/2006 4:21:54 PM
Dear Mary,

What I need to do is have double line around the cells as well as the
outside border. Is this possible?

Regards,

Dee

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you simply want a double border around the table and not the cells, draw a
> box around the table.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am new to Publisher and I need to create a table with double line borders.
> > I can't seem to figure out how to do this. When I go to line style the double
> > line is greyed out and if I go into format table the option to have a double
> > in is not there.
> >
> > Is it possible to have a table with double line borders?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dee

0
Dee (106)
3/15/2006 9:22:28 PM
No, I tried different things. If the table isn't too complicated you could
always create a box for each cell and send it to the back.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Dear Mary,
>
> What I need to do is have double line around the cells as well as the
> outside border. Is this possible?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dee
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If you simply want a double border around the table and not the cells, draw a
>> box around the table.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am new to Publisher and I need to create a table with double line borders.
>> > I can't seem to figure out how to do this. When I go to line style the
>> > double
>> > line is greyed out and if I go into format table the option to have a
>> > double
>> > in is not there.
>> >
>> > Is it possible to have a table with double line borders?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for your help.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Dee

0
gsauer (5093)

Lines on Chart border (bug!?)
Hi, I have tried the following on Excel 2003 on Xp and Excel 2002 on Xp Both these give the same results. I have 2 series (2 straight lines) Series 1 : (100,0) (100,1e15) Series 2: (-100,0) (-100,1e15) I am using a XY scatter plot with data points connected by straigh lines. As you can see these are 2 straight lines at x=100 and x=-100 Set the xscale limits from -100 to 100 (not auto). Set the border t automatic and the weight of each series to one less than maximu possible. Set same color to both the lines. One line appears thicker than the other ! Is this what happens to al of you? ...

Eliminating empty rows in Pivot table
Problem is that you can't simply filter out some data field because in some row fields they have values and at some they don't. So what I essentialy need is for those rows to exist when they contain data and to be erased when not containing data.I hope that it+s possible in excel 2007 Hi, Click on the immediate cell to the right of the Grant Total (for columns) cell, and press Auto Filter. This will get the auto filter drop down on the Grand Total column. Now filter out the Blanks. Hope this helps. -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishma...

Tables...Copy/Paste from Word
First time user... I'm having a slight bother, I have created several small tables in MSWord which conveniently fits onto one page but not in an order I want it. So I thought I try Publisher to arrange the the tables. When I cut/paste the tables they become larger then original form in Publisher (the rows double in size!... cannot resize because it goes off the page). So now in Publisher I cannot even have the same amount of tables on a page as I did in the Word document. Any suggestions -- Many Thanks Gunjani Men are superior to women. For one thing, they can ...

GP Table Structure
I too am learning Crystal Report. Its clear that understanding GP tables is key to writing Crystal Reports. It is also clear that comprehensive information regarding GP Table Structure is very hard to come by. Is there a textbook available that defines table names and inter relationships. Ed, Your best bet is the Microsoft Dynamics GP Software Development Kit (SDK) documentation. Accolade Publications also publishes a set of useful titles exclusively dedicated to explain in detail the flow of information and posting ("Information Flow & Posting") and other tricks of th...

Splitting Tables
Hi all Currently I have inherited a Database that has all of the customer and employees in one table. The Table has fields for company name address etc. The problem is when a new customer employess is enter the whole details of the company name address etc have to be re entered. I would have like to create seperate tables to store the Customer names and addresses and then link it to a table containing the customer employees. The table currently contains about 10000 entries so retyping it all is not an option. Is there an automatic way of splitting the tables, removed doubled entries and...

changes to pivot table labels
Hi I have a pivot table that reads data from an OLAP cube, is it possible to prevent users from changing the row labels Regards, AQ ...

Hide linked table
Hi all, I want to link a column of my form to a column\table in another database xx. mdb. This column should update and refresh with all the new data. at the same time I wan to hide this so that no one accidentily deletes this table. Also can I enforce referential integrity in my database as I have read-only with xx.mdb? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200912/1 hi, mls via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I want to link a column of my form to a column\table in another database xx. > mdb. This col...

Default Excel Border Colors
I have Excel 2002. When I try to add a border to a cell, the color defaults to light grey instead of black, even though the color control under Format>> Cells>> Border says "Automatic". How can I change the default color for automatic to be black instead of light grey for ALL spreadsheets? I've seen a similar string about this before, but there was never a resolution that worked. looking forward to your help! bobby See reply in .Misc Biff "Bobby" <bobbyblueicu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1116968044.072597.62200@f14g2000cwb.googlegroup...

load cobol file to sql table
hi, Anyone knows how to load a cobol file to sql server table? I tried bulk insert, I got problem with the special char 3 small square + / If I select the records I don't see any char after 3 sqare + / thanks, Don't know the file structure, but if it's a some form of fixed-width or delimited file you can use SSIS, or you can use BULK INSERT/bcp with a format file. "Mecn" <mecn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u9toxhEdKHA.4952@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > hi, > > Anyone knows how to load a cobol file to sql server table? > &g...

Pivot Table Running Delta total
How can I run a runnin delta total on a pivot table instead of a sum? the operation instead of sum would be from column Type D-S and the totals shold be the result of the first week plus next etc. Sum of Qty WK WK of PastDue 1004 1005 1006 1007 Part # Type pastdue 1/23/2010 1/30/2010 2/6/2010 2/13/2010 part1 D 14010 S 1000 1000 part1 Total 14010 1000 1000 part2 D 360 S 180 part2Total 360 180 part3 D 600 S 600 part3 Total 600 600 part4 D 7980 2580 S 2040 part4 Total 7980 4620 ...

comments in pivot table
As I understand that comments in pivot tables are linked to the cell and not to the data, I am looking for other solution to input comments in pivot table. I need the comment to be linked to a specific row. ...

Borders Around Groups
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've been grouping images and captions in a book, but now I can't seem to figure out how to do a border that will surround the group -- the same border surrounding both the image and the caption. When I select the group, then select a line in the formatting palette, borders appear separately around the image and the caption, but I want it to surround the group I've created. Thanks for any help. Word can only put borders around "paragraphs". It has no concept of what you call a "...

Hiding Pivot Table Toolbar from a macro
I have recorded several macros to create different pivot tables that I repeatedly use. When I first recorded them, I forgot to close the Pivot Table Toolbar before I stopped recording and it appears each time I run a macro to create the tables. That was OK for a while until I had finished modifying the individual macros to have the tables look just like I want and where I want them. Now I would like to do away with the Pivot Table Toolbar by code at the end of each macro. How to do that is beyond me. Maybe it can't be done but that doesn't stop me from wanting to do it. Will ...

Table question
I have WinXP. I created a Table in WordPerfect (6.1) and then opened it up in Word (2003) so I could send it to some people who only have Word. In both instances (WP and Word), there is a blank page at the end that I don't know how to get rid of. Doing Delete on the last table page, or Backspace on the blank page, doesn't work because the cursor is inside the table at the end. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:#udUI1CfKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have WinXP. I...

Add Data To Pivot Table
I made a report, requested by our sales reps, that included sales figures for various customers and territories over the last few years, showing month to month totals per rep. But ... How can I update the report on a monthly basis now? Instead of having to go back and run the whole report over again each month, I mean. I just want to be able to add in the next month's totals to the figures already in the previous report, but I see no way to 'undo' the previous setup to add in the new stuff, or merely combine the new figures with the old. What am I missing? Any help ap...

Grouping in Pivot Tables #2
Issue 1: I have a table which has Job Number on the left, with inner division by Revenue/Cost Group, then individual Cost or revenue codes. Along the top are year and month columns. I have manually selected which cost or revenue codes to include in "Revenue" group and "Cost" group by highlighting etc and it all looks OK at the moment. There are about 60-70 cost/revenue codes so this is a bit of a pain. The cost/revenue codes are alphanumeric and are not consecutive in our chart of accounts. Codes are usually of the format LNNNLLL. Individual jobs use a subsection of the...

How do I change information in pivot table manually?
I am creating a pivot table that includes cut lengths listed in decimal format (4 digits after decimal). But in the pivot table I need the numbers to show in fraction format. This information will be dumped into Microsoft Access and it will only see the numbers as decimals. What can I do? (I am using Excel 2002). Bodeene, You should be able to select the cells in the pivot table and format them for fractions, just as you would any cell. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Bodeene" <Bodeene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7E6CA7E-8DF0-4F0B-B22E-167B10543548@mi...

Pivot Table Dates
I'm bringing in data from an external database & creating a Pivot table with grouped dates (Eg months) when this table is copied and the date grouping changed from say months to qtrs it changes the original to qtrs as well is it possible to avoid this happening without creating seperate workbooks Many thanks Neil Thompson You can always create another Pivot table within the same workbook, but not link it to the existing one, You will pay the price in terms of filesize, but it will fix your problem. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Table Import
Hi all. New to Great Plains but the administration of the system has been dumped in my lap. We have on certain workstations GP running with Table Import Definitions defined on them and on other workstations the list of definitions is blank. In what file in the EEnterpriseXX directory are these definitions stored? Thanks, Art Martin The files are located on the workstation in the following tables. SY50000.idx SY50000.dat SY50100.idx SY50100.dat Leslie "ArtMartin" wrote: > Hi all. New to Great Plains but the administration of the system has been > dumped in my lap....

Report Writer table relationships
I need to add the ship to address from SOP30200 to the RM Aged Trial Balance w/options in Report Writer.... is anyone aware of a table relationships that could be linked... You can do this with Report Writer and VBA. I am not aware that you can establish a relationship between RM tables and SOP tables because of the keys involved. Take a look at David Musgrave's blog for examples on how to accomplish this. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot....

Cross Reference Records in a Table?
I have an application deployed to some users. It is a shell that we use over and over again for projects. We are running into a situation where the data we receive contains duplicate records. There is a unique identifier to each one, but they are for the same "customer". We are told that any time a customer has a change to their account they got a new record. We need to keep all the records, because their orders are tied to their unique id, but would like to be able to see from any one record, what other customer records they have. How would I construct this, and how would the e...

ORDER BY in derived table for update
If you have an update using an inner join of a derived table, does an ORDER BY in the derived table help you or slow you down. For example if you had something like: UPDATE Employees SET Names = , Addresses = FROM ##GobalTempTable gtt INNER JOIN ( SELECT TOP 1000 FROM ##GlobalTempTable gtt2 INNER JOIN vwGlobalEmployees ge on ge.EmployeeID = gtt2.EmployeeID WHERE CustID = @CustID ORDER BY StatusID ) AS Emp on gtt.ID = emp.ID Would the above work better if you took out the "ORDER BY StatusID"? Thanks, Tom Two thi...

VC++6, DAO, Access, create table
I'm trying to create a table using the Execute method of CDaoDatabase. However, when trying these statements I get the corresponding errors shown below TRIED: CREATE TABLE Kund (Kundnr NUMBER PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL, Namn TEXT(40) NOT NULL, Ort TEXT(30)) ERROR MESSAGE: Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement. TRIED: CREATE TABLE Kund (Kundnr NUMBER PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL, Namn TEXT NOT NULL, Ort TEXT) ERROR MESSAGE: Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement. That error message is not very helpful. Is there a way to see more exactly what the error is? Or if you don't know that, maybe yo...

Looping through table to build sql case statement
Hi, I have the following sample table. cust_num slsman site sales_ytd c000200 904 11199 1023.1 c000200 904 11121 2000.12 c000201 927 11199 325.12 c000201 927 11121 245.5 Also I have the following site table prototype Site 11199 11121 The output of the select statement should be like the following: cust_num slsman 11199_sales_ytd 11121_sales_ytd c000200 904 1023.1 2000.12 c000201 927 325.12 245.5 This has been achieved through hardcoding the following. The results are exactly as I would like above select cust_num,slsman, SUM(CASE WHEN [site] = ...

How to add a description to an excel table
Hello, how can I add a decription to an excel table? I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table. bye Click on any cell in your table(s). Then Insert > Comment -- Gary''s Student "Przemyslaw" wrote: > Hello, > how can I add a decription to an excel table? > I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what > data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table. > bye ...