Styles

I use sytles for two types of headings and a bullet style. Sometimes (I can't
identify any pattern) when I open a file, the styles settings have changed
for one of the headings (an extra 6 point spacing after each paragraph) and
for the bullet (an extra 6 point spacing after each paragraph and the
justification changing from left to justified). Does anyone know why this
happens? It is annoying as it happens about 1 in 5 times and I must go
through and reset the styles.

Jay Garland
0
menergy (1)

Remove class style from CDialog
Hi, I need to remove the style CS_SAVEBITS from my dialogs. I tried to do it in CMyDialog::PreCreateWindow, but this method is not called in dialogs. Where can I remove this style from my dialogs ? Yoav. Could you use the same technique as used here from OnInitDialog()? http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/viewmanagement/article.php/c3267/ Tom "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:us9qnEnyGHA.4232@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I need to remove the style CS_SAVEBITS from my dialogs. > I tried to do it in CMyDialog::PreCreateWindow, but this...

ActiveX RichtEditCtrl supports few window styles
Hi, I have a RichEditCtrl in my View. I create it as an ActiveX with CWnd::CreateControl, because I want to support SplitterWnd and the OleDraw function is very usefull for that. So I only have to create 1 RT-window. Not so nice is, that created as an ActiveX the control only supports a few window styles. I can't get rid of the WS_BORDER style, which is very urgent. I tried with ModifyStyle, but the border only gets thinner. Thanks for any help Ranjan ...

styles not applying
I've been trying to apply styles to cells in a workbook (which has about 400 sheets BTW), and I'm starting to wonder what good the styles are! I define a style with borders, shading, a font selection, and a few other attributes. Then I apply that style to the header rows of a whole bunch of sheets. I go back and look, and I find that some attributes have been applied, but not others. The font, its color, and the background are all right--but the borders are not set. They still have the old colors. Also, I have a drop-down styles list on a toolbar, and when I go to a cell that I...

Style manager
I set Word as my mail editor. Somehow, it has selected a style named "joe" (my first name) as the default style. I don't mind that, but it won't let me edit it. Actually, it will let me edit it, but the edits don't stick. The next time send an email, the old settings are back. How can I edit this "joe" style or change to one that I can edit. Thanks -- Running MS Office 2K Pro on Win2K-SR2 on an HP Omnibook 6000 laptop connected over a P2P network to an HP Vectra workstation For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com Search for the email.dot template and o...

Font style keeps changing when clicking on the Copies per Sheet to
In MS Publisher 2003 my font/color style keeps changing on my business card layout when I change the option: "Copies per Sheet" tool from "One" to "Multiple". I also lose the font/color style when I open the business card file from "My Recent Documents" from the Start Menu in XP Home. Here I have attached two screenshot pictures that illustrate my problem. The picture named "Good" indicates that it is in "Multiple: mode and my colors and font style are perfect. And the picture named "Bad" indicates that as soon as I cha...

How to set IHTMLElement style
Hello all, I have an application that using WebBrowser2 control in a dialog. Now the problem is to set the border of an anchor element in the page. There is no direct method to handle the style property because style is readonly of all the IHTMLElement. Does anyone go an idea how to do it? Thanks. "henryt" <henryt6221@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eflUdjRgGHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I have an application that using WebBrowser2 control in a dialog. Now the > problem is to set the border of an anchor element in the page. There is no >...

Outlook Today in 2003 Style
Has anyone an Outlook Tady page in 2003 Style? Translate please. What is a Tady? "Karin Prenzing" <karin@prenzing.net> wrote in message news:cu524g$k4v$01$1@news.t-online.com... > Has anyone an Outlook Tady page in 2003 Style? > Chuck Davis <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote: > Translate please. What is a Tady? Examine the subject of the message. It's a misspelling of the word "Today". -- Brian Tillman ...

Clone styles (and content) cellwise across pages
Is there a way to make a "master page" of styles and content, which would assign the style and content of that page to all the same cells of other pages in the workbook? Or possibly, assign a "category" to the cells that will make them take the style of the category? Thanks. -- Gnarlie Hi if you group your sheets when formatting the first sheet - all the sheets will get the same formatting (to group sheets, click on the first sheet, hold down your shift key and click on the last sheet). remember to ungroup them before you do anything specific to the first sheet (...

Outlook XP
In Outlook XP Calendar, when selecting Page Setup, Tri-Fold Style, Print Preview, this calendar view only displays appointments between 7AM - 7PM. Any appointments entered in the calendar occuring BEFORE 7AM appear (and print) AFTER the 7PM time slot. Is there any way to modify this behaviour in the Tri-Fold Style view? Clinton Harford UCSD ...

ListCtrl with checkbox style : hoiw to select item without checking
Hi, I have a CListCtrl with LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES style and I try to select first item so I did this : DWORD dwFlags = LVIS_SELECTED | LVIS_FOCUSED; m_ListCtrl.SetItem( 1, 0, LVIF_STATE, NULL, 0, dwFlags, dwFlags, 0 ); But it also check the checkbox. How can I just select the item ? mosfet a �crit : > Hi, > > I have a CListCtrl with LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES style and I try to select > first item so I did this : > > DWORD dwFlags = LVIS_SELECTED | LVIS_FOCUSED; > m_ListCtrl.SetItem( 1, 0, LVIF_STATE, NULL, 0, dwFlags, dwFlags, 0 ); > > But it also check the checkbox. &...

XP style IE Toolbar Buttons #2
Hello to all, I m creating a toolbar for IE (ATL DLL). I implemented XP style using manifest file. It works fine. But i have a problem after XP style conversion, my buttons height has been increased. Before XP style button size was (height,width) ~ (22 , 81). After XP style it become (30 , 87). But my toolbar width is same is 22. due to this buttons are not fitting on toolbar and buttons bottom is greater than toolbar bottom edge. can someone plz help me how to solve it Thanks in advance ###Harish Kumar Dixit### ...

Using font styles in a CListBox
Hi! is there a way to use bold in a CListBox to highlight only few words? I managed to change the font for the whole text, but I need to change the font style only for some of the words. Any suggestion? Thanks! Paolo plv wrote: > Hi! > > is there a way to use bold in a CListBox to highlight only few words? I > managed to change the font for the whole text, but I need to change the font > style only for some of the words. > > Any suggestion? > > Thanks! > > Paolo > > Yes. A list box with the owner-draw style lets your code custom paint eac...

Can you access the old-style Help Index using Excel 2003?
I've recently obtained Office 2003 for my work laptop, and to say the least it is getting on my nerves! When I want to access Help, I want a nice little index of terms that I can search against that is intuitive, user-friendly and allows me to have a browse around the subject. Is there anyway of getting this old-style help functionality working within Excel 2003, which so far has produced the least helpful responses of any help system I've come across. Create a short-cut to the internal help file. Should be called something like: XLMAIN10.CHM or XLMAIN11.CHM XLADDIN.CHM fo...

How to change window style for a control
Welcome. They let's set up, that I have created the class CMyEdit : public CEdit and I have pointer to this class which is called m_pMyEdit. Now somewhere I would like evoke from outside m_pMyEdit->ModifyStyle(0, ES_MULTILINE, SWP_FRAMECHANGED) and after calling DWORD dwStyle = GetWindowLong(m_pMyEdit->m_hWnd, GWL_STYLE) a value of expression (dwStyle & ES_MULTILINE) == ES_MULTILINE is equal to true but some CMyEdit control still is in single line mode. Somebody can know as advise with this problem ? More thanks. promptfox@o2.pl ...

include LISTNUM in style definition?
Is there any way to create a styled paragraph that allows you to include a LISTNUM field code inside the style definition to do simple numbering, therefore, avoiding Word 2007's built-in numbering? If so how? No, that isn't possible. However, you can create an AutoText entry (Building Block) that inserts a field. For simple numbering, I'd use a SEQ field. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "cayce" <cayce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDDB7640-3C7A-4A78-B5B3-F35D5037A78D@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to create a s...

Style 304 (Change item price) worksheet issue from 1.3 refresh
Hi, We currently encountering issue on RMS 1.3 refresh. This issue is from issuing Style 304 (Change Item Price (regular)) worksheet on our client branches. When we try to issue this worksheet, it hangs all the HQ Manager application that are open everytime we approve this worksheet. Does anyone can't help us to troubleshoot this issue. We highly appreciated your reply. Thank you! Regards, Dexter This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0190_01C6A1C2.DDA010E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

Style Type as Paragraph or List
For Word 2003, is there some advantage to creating a style type of list rather than paragraph for numbered lists? I played around with the list type and discovered that each time I apply the list type style to the steps to be numbered, the sequence always starts out at a. (I played around with alpha numbering instead of numeric.) That worked for me because other writers, engineers, and project managers all get to manipulate these documents at will. Having a style they can apply without renumbering is going to go a long way to preserve sanity. These folks don't want to le...

How to use Windows XP styles in Windows 2000 (VC6)
Hi Could anybody please let me know how to apply XP control looks in Windows 2000. Currently i am working on XP machine where i have a resource manifest file and i can see the XP controls in action. But when i move my application to Windows 2000, no XP styles are shown,also the alignment of controls is not like as on Xp machine. Thanks in advance Mujtaba You can use xp styles in windows 2000. There is no legal way in order to do that. -- Un saludo Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP] FAQ de microsoft.public.es.vc++ http://rcorral.mvps.org I�m sorry, that is the correct answer... You ca...

Apps that transform csv into catalog-style database-driven sortable lists
Sites such as download.com, dealtime.com, shopping.com, and tucows.com, feature impressive sortable lists of products. What software that imports CSV can be used to generate database-driven sortable product listings such as shown on such sites? I am already able to get CSV into sortable (by javascript) HTML tables that do not use databases, but there are problems with this such as the slow sort time when there are many items, the inability to break the lists produced into several linked pages, the general clumsiness and lack of capabilities in the make-shift methods I use to do this, the int...

Button Style Question
Hi, I have a question on the style of a button. If I have the style of the button in .rc as BS_OWNERDRAW but if I don't handle WM_DRAWITEM what will be the effect of it ? Will my OnPaint still be called ? Thanks -sath_sm yes, OnPaint still be called. -------------------------------------------- Manish Agarwal <manish.k.agarwal@gmail.com> http://personal.vsnl.com/mkag "sath_sm" <sath_sm@mailcity.com> wrote in message news:uFpyV$ymEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a question on the style of a button. If I have the style of the > button in ...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

XP Home > reverts to Windows Classic Style on reboot
Have a Win XP Home PC on SP3 that has just started to revert to the Windows Classic Style on reboot. In addition, the screen resolution is shrunk from 1024x768 to 640x480. Not life threatening, but annoying nonetheless. I have googled the Windows Class problem and it seems I'm not alone. I have specifically tried the solution listed here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm i.e edit the registry using the reg file 214 and all "other checkpoints" are verified OK. However, on reboot the problem persists... can anyone point me in the right direction...

Print Business Card in Card Style with Company Name
Using Outlook 2007 SP2. Viewing the contacts in card style format shows the companyname field. But when printing, the companyname is not printing. How can I get it to print with the company name? ...

My styles are all messed up
Word 2007 I thought I knew what I was doing, and was following the instructions for creating styles, but now all my styles are messed up. How do I get back to the original definitions for Normal, Heading 1, etc.? Here's what I was doing: I was trying to define specific headings and paragraphs, based on the default styles but with different colors and fonts (no, I did not directly modify Normal, Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.--I created styles based on those styles). Then I was trying to make them numbered headings as well, and Word quit recognizing them as headings--which m...

TOC Heading style 2
I am working in 2007 from someone else's doc from 2003 word. I will be saving in 97-2003. The styles shown in the home tab start Emphasis - Heading 1 - Normal - Strong (and others). I am trying to insert a TOC using the built in heading styles but I cannot see a Heading 2 or 3. How can I add the other headings to this group - is this a special style group added by the other author? TIA Dottie I opened this doc in 2003 word and was able to add the heading 2 there so I may have my answer for now. I would still like to know what I needed to do in 2007 word to make heading...