Strange import problem -- dropping letters

Win7, Pub 2010 (but it also happened under XP/20007; I don't remember if it
happened with 2003)

When I import a Word file with some text that is "xxx.org" or .com or
similar, Publisher drops that last letter (it comes out .or or .co)
This also happened with a list of URLs -- dropped the last letter of each
address (which was a / or two & some words beyond the .com)
Sometimes but not always the last letter before a paragraph or new-line
break.

Any idea why this happens?

I have learned to remember to proofread for these missing bits of web/email
addresses, but still....
bj

0
bjones441 (10)

Problem with IMC/IMS
I cannot seem to receive outside email, I can send email out, but cannot receive it in. The event message I receive is: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIMC Event Category: SMTP Interface Events Event ID: 4188 Date: 8/23/2004 Time: 9:40:40 AM User: N/A Computer: EMAIL Description: Refused to relay <kweltmer@ymcaoc.net> for mx3.daemonmail.net. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance In the last exciting episode, "Kevin" <kweltmer@ymcaoc.net> wrote: >I cannot seem to receive outside email, I can send email >out, but cannot receive it in. The ...

OWA add contacts problem
I have a user requesting assistance with OWA. A person sent them an e- mail, CC'ing someone whose e-mail address my user needs. When my user double clicks the contact in OWA, it brings up the "E-mail properties -- Web Page Dialog" box. In this box, the "Display Name" field is propagated, but the e-mail address field is not. The e-mail address is not displayed, so it is not just a simple copy and paste to move the e-mail over to the proper field. Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Problems with exporting from Outlook Express
I'm running OUTLOOK Express v. 6 on Windows ME and when I like to export my messages (mails) , I never get the chance to say where I like the created file to be stored (i.e what directory) . If I export my Address book I get it and all seems well. So, where does it wind up ?? and/or is it a bug in Outlook Express (I like to start use OUTLOOK instead) ??. What's the file extension of the export file ? Any hints appreciated. Rgds - Backis backis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm running OUTLOOK Express v. 6 on Windows ME and when I > like to e...

Fix GL batch problem so that reconcile does not have to be run
A client (David) logged the following problem with our support desk - The general ledger edit list is showing an inconsistency with the total number of transactions in a batch and the total value of transactions. A consultant (Steve) called and discussed this problem with the client the Batch Edit list which shows 12 transactions yet the Batch itself shows 13 transactions. Steve advised David to create a new batch and assign the 12 transactions to the new batch. This would ensure that the Batch total number of transactions and total amount will be correct. David advised that this has ha...

Timesheet problems
We are experiencing SQL timeout problems when users save their timesheet from BP. When it happens the user has to print their timesheet and enter it again later or pass it on to the payroll department for them to enter it for them. It occurs when there is heavier demand like at the end of the week. Is there anyone using BP or PDK time entry in a large corporate environment with more than a few hundred users? If so, can you tell me what sort of performance you get and an idea of the hardware configuration being used. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Our vendo...

Drop down box issue
I have an excel template file that has drop down boxes for a user to pick certain options. The user picks what they need and then saves the file under a new name. The problem is that when they open that file, they are still able to edit the information within the drop-down box. Is there a way to set this up so that the first time they use the template, the drop down box is available BUT once they save their file, the cells with the drop down box only shows the information they picked and the drop down option is no longer available? Thanks, Jasper ...

Export/Import Acces Table to another Acces table/file
Hi, Is anybody can help me how to Export/import access table to another access table/file only using 1 click button?. I am pretty sure Visual Basic can do this. Thank's in advance, I am appreciated. KFT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 On Jul 2, 7:13 am, "KimTong via AccessMonster.com" <u35279@uwe> wrote: > Hi, > > Is anybody can help me how to Export/import access table to another access > table/file only using 1 click button?. I am pretty sure Visual Basic can do > this. Than...

TreeView Problem
Hi, I hope everyone is doing great programming. I am a new to this group, and i am facing problem with loading treeview from XML file, using C++.NET. Please if some one could help me in this, by sending code snippet or whatever. I would be highly obliged, because i have to submit this programming task on Monday. so, instant response would be highly appreciated. Best Regards See response in dotnet.general Tom Dacon Dacon Software Consulting "Amigo" <mustansar.ali@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163794662.940283.308960@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > ...

Problem with installation.
I have a problem with the installation of CRM 3.0. My CRM environment is now installed in two VirtualPC machines. Server One : Windows 2K3 with Exchange2003 and SQL2005 with reporting services. Server Two : Windows 2K3 with CRM 3.0. At the end of the installation I get the message that the installation didn't finish correctly. Here are the last lines from the logfile. ----------------------- 16:51:11| Info| Database Version: 3.0.5300.0 16:51:11| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateOdbcDsnAction 16:51:11| Info| Creating 'Microsoft CRM' ODBC D...

how do I import data in excel form SQL server?
Hello All, I've been trying to import data into excel from our SQL server. I have the sql script yielding the results. The real problem is when I use the data connectivity wizard, it only allows you to select one table from the database in your SQL server. However, my script involves two tables with a join. Any ideas would be helpful Thanks, Mitch Asuming you have rights on the Server, convert your 'script' (by which you probably mean query?) into a view. If you don't have adequate rights, then use MS Query to connect to SQL Server and use your que...

Report problem 11-20-09
Hi Guys, I have a form where you can enter employee details. Each employee has to be trained on 9 different jobs so there were too many controls to fit on a single form, so i created a Tab Control to split it up into manageable sections. Altogether there's about 150 controls and when i try to create a report based on the form, i'm told i've too many controls etc. I actually only need to print the details from one of the 9 tabs at a time and the whole thing has become a bit of a mess. Would anyone have a suggestion as to how i could overcome this problem. Pleas...

Drop down menu formatting
Hi all, I need help linking a row of information to a specific option in a drop down menu. My drop down menu consists of 2 options: "Complete" and "Incomplete". I am trying to make a list of "Things required to complete a job" and next to each item include the drop down menu to select either Complete/Incomplete. My aim is to have the corresponding row change colour, or possibly even disappear, when I select "Complete" from the drop down menu and return back to normal when "Incomplete" is selected. This would enable me to highlight and f...

can I autopopulate from a long drop down list in Excel?
I have a very long list of referring physicians in a drop down list for data entry people to populate. I would like them to type in the first 3 characters and be immediately directed to that area of the drop down list. Is this possible? Thanks! Instead of the dropdown. This will take you to the name in col J Sub gotonfirst3letteredname() myname = InputBox("Enter first 3 letters of name") If Len(myname) <> 3 Then MsgBox "THREE letters" Exit Sub End If Columns("J").Find(What:=myname, After:=Range("j1"), _ LookIn:=xlValues, LookA...

Importing .ofx files to wrong account
I was importing .ofx files into Money 2004 when I imported one of them into the wrong account. I deleted the imported transactions from the account, but now when I try to re-import the file, it automatically puts the transactions into the wrong (although previously selected) account. Needless to say, it's quite irritating. How do I make it so the import asks which account is the target for the import? In microsoft.public.money, scope wrote: >I was importing .ofx files into Money 2004 when I >imported one of them into the wrong account. I deleted >the imported trans...

Excel Styles Problem
I created a spreadsheet that uses several different styles. All styles use the same type and size font but the shading, font color and borders are different. The normal format has no borders, no fill/pattern, and the text is black. Another fill is "User currency format" , it has borders on all sides, a blue fill/attern and black text. In some of the cells I have not applied a style to (at least no intentially), the cell styles are "Normal" before I make an entry, if I enter text the cell remains formated with the Normal style but If I enter a number the style cha...

format a specific letter by code
Hi there, when text is copied to a new sheet by code, I need a specific letter (v) made bold and red to indicate to the user that the words on either side of it are seperate. A good analogy would be football teams, so for instance: Real Madrid v Real Betis. Here the 'v' between the names would be red and bold. Valencia v Villa Real. I only want the 'v' seperating the team names to be formatted as above. Any ideas? Thanks. -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock Sub findvSAS() For Each c In Range("a1:a22") If InStr(c, " v ") Then 'MsgBox c.Row x...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Problems linking Excel ranges to Powerpoint
I have a set of charts linked to Excel. Some are specific charts from Excel and they link with no problems. I have some charts that point to a specific Excel range. These are not linking. Powerpoint is not seeing the file. I have the Excel file open to help expedite the linking process. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. hi, Russ ! > I have a set of charts linked to Excel. > Some are specific charts from Excel and they link with no problems. > I have some charts that point to a specific Excel range. These are not linking. > Powerpoint is not seeing the file. I have...

FW: Install the important package that came from the MS
--hjzpasycsvsl Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rnjwzrhnpfi"; type="multipart/alternative" --rnjwzrhnpfi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uwsxibhqvfbzzb" --uwsxibhqvfbzzb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from thes...

OWA 2003 Problems
We recently upgraded from Exch5.5 to Exchange2003. While I love the functionality of the new OWA, many of our users have had technical problems. They find it very slow and it often freezes thier computer. This happens more often with users with dial-up access and older computers, but it is enough that I have been forced to keep the old site up as well. I am not happy about needing to maintain two OWA locations, but face the wrath of unhappy executives who cannot access their mail successfully from external locations. Has anyone else experienced these types of user problems with the new OW...

Payroll Problem
An Open Operation on Table 'UPR_TEMP_POST1_LOCAL' has an incorrect record length. We are getting this error on Payroll module when we are trying to build a computer check run. Any help will be appreciated. ...

Problems printing reports in 2003 MS Access
Help! I recently created a patient database for a medical clinic. The database was designed so that users could enter patient info on a form and then print out the entered data in a report. Each new patient because a new "page" in the report printout. Just recently, I became aware that the patient reports were not being displayed in chronological order (Patient #18 is followed by Patient #26, etc), which makes printing out recently entered reports difficult. I've tried a number of possible solutions: sorting by ascending date/ tim, removing any possible filters, adding an auto...

Sending email problem in windows mail
I can receive email on my Comcast connection but I cannot send emails. Trouble shooting with Comcast indicate that the problem is not with Comcast. What can I do to fix the problem? Error number is 0x800CCC79. My email address is jpribesh@comcast.net. incoming POP3 server is mail.comcast.net. outgoing SMTP is SMTP.comcast.net. My operating system is Vista. Thanks John Pribesh You don't need to post your real e-mail address for the world to see, but you do need to post the error message,' Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it...

Problems with toolbar in outlook when using word as editor
Hello everyone, I have problems creating toolbar in mail inspector. Everything works fine when I don't use Word as mail editor; the toolbar is visible in all inspectors, buttons are connected... When I use Word, everything is fine with the first inspector, but when I open the second one (keeping the 1st open) I don't have my toolbar. I can click View->Toolbars and select my toolbar, but it appeared that the buttons are not connected. More, I have noticed that my toolbar is available in Word itself. Morover, if I have Word open and then click in Outlook on a "New" bu...

Where is the problem on Next without For?
The following coding works fine, but once I change following code "If CStr(d.Value) = ws.Name Then DelFlag = False" into "If CStr(d.Value) = ws.Name Then " "DelFlag = False" I would like to do it, so during the debugging process, I can see whether this line is proceeded or not. It pops up a message about Next without For, Does anyone have any suggestions on where is the problem? For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Date" Then For Each d In MyRange If CStr(d.Value) = ws.Name Then DelF...