Strange import problem -- dropping letters

Win7, Pub 2010 (but it also happened under XP/20007; I don't remember if it
happened with 2003)

When I import a Word file with some text that is "xxx.org" or .com or
similar, Publisher drops that last letter (it comes out .or or .co)
This also happened with a list of URLs -- dropped the last letter of each
address (which was a / or two & some words beyond the .com)
Sometimes but not always the last letter before a paragraph or new-line
break.

Any idea why this happens?

I have learned to remember to proofread for these missing bits of web/email
addresses, but still....
bj

0
bjones441 (10)

problems came up in the following areas during load
I get this message when i copy either text or a graphic from the internet (using IE)and attempt to paste it into MS Publisher. The error dialog box says "Problems During Load"...this box normally apprears 20-30 seconds after I click paste. Once I hit OK, the text or graphic will appear. It never did this before. Any suggestions? CPG Co wrote: > I get this message when i copy either text or a graphic from the internet > (using IE)and attempt to paste it into MS Publisher. The error dialog box > says "Problems During Load"...this box normally apprears 20-...

Printing problem when selecting any paper type other than plain pa
I have MSPub 2002 with XP HE and use an HP Inkjet printer cp1700. When I make my brochures I usually put a border around the edge a fill with some color. If I print one page, I have no problem, but if I ask the software to print numerous copies (anything more than 1 such as 2,3,4,etc) when it prints the second, third, forth etc copy, I always get a series of 3 lines after the top border. If I click the printer icon numerous times I do not get this problem or if I print the document in "paper type" plain paper, I do not get the problem. Does anyone ever experience this problem...

E-mail Problem
I have an e-mail server running Windows NT4 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 sp3. When a user of mines attempts to send to one agent out side of the company we receive the below error message. What could be going on. Thanks Reason: Fatal error sending message: No legal recipients Sending message to mdeaton@custard.com -----------------First 8192 bytes of------------------- ------- Unsent message enclosed after this line ------- Received: by exchange.sgic.com from localhost (mail daemon,slmail V5.1); Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:10:11 -0500 Received: from exchange.sgic.com [10.10.10.24] by exchange.sgic.co...

Vlookup problems
I have Vlookups set up for a particular Spreadsheet. Each month I just drop the new data into the first column. Even though the number is formatted just like the previous month (i.e general, text, whatever) my vlookup formula shows #N/A. If i double click in the data cell and hit enter, the vlookup formula works. can you tell me why, or if there is a better way than clicking and hitting enter? Thanks! do you have your automatic calculation turned on? Under tools<options<calculation. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip...

16-bit Migration
Hi, Im tasked with converting a 16-bit MFC app to 32-bit. Ive used the MFC migration kit as a starter, however this has proved to be pretty useless :-) Bearing in mind Ive not used MFC before in any shape or form, im struggling with a file called CChildDlg.cpp. The header appears to be a stock Microsoft header, but I cant decide if the CPP has been custom written. It loads a dialog resource, then parses it and creates the window and all the controls. But its parsing by ripping raw bytes out of the resource via an incremented BYTE* and not by using DLGITEMTEMPLATE* etc. Since it seems a comm...

Problem with datasheet & 64-bit installations
Once you have installed a 64-bit installation of Office, SharePoint datasheet views can't be used any longer. It's related to the ActiveX component only being compatible for 32-bit systems and not for 64-bit installations. Please refer to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/9eb920ba-1a02-4f0c-ae08-6e808e0269c4/?prof=required for a complete thread, I wanted to share this here because you Office guys might have some more detail on this (we hope). Should be fixed on short notice if you ask me, it's blocking me from rolling out...

Problem with "Edit in Microsoft Office Project"
We have SharePoint 2007 implemented, and I am using MSO Project 2007. I have a document library in which I store a number of project documents, including the schedule. When I go to this document library and select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project", the file opens, but it always opens in Read Only mode. The only way I can open the file and have it editable is to check it out first, then select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project". And no, the document library is not configured to require check out. Any idea why this is? ...

Problem with List Control Box
I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try to insert an entry into the list control, sometimes, only the item's first value gets added, but the values for the 2nd and 3rd column are not there. If i continue to add the same entry consistently, eventually the entry will be added correctly with all three values. Why is that? For example: sometimes I will add (a,b,c) into my List control box, but only (a) gets shown. But if i keep inserting an item, eventually the entry (a,b,c) will be added... >I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try ...

MS Point of Sale 2.0
For opening and closing amounts, we keep a set amount of cash in the drawer. During business, cash and checks are accepted. At the end of day, we are doing a "drop" of the amount of cash AND checks added together (since POS does not have a position to do "check drop". We still balance overall but the z report indicates the overage/shortage of the check amount in the close section. Is this the correct way to close? Should there be position to enter the amount of checks that we are dropping? If we leave the amount of checks in the closing amounts window, will POS ...

Import lib
Hello NG, in my project I separate my programme behaviour by defines. Now I can toggle specific functions like modular linking. My question is that I must import a library in the project settings only if a define is set. The lib consists of functions to be used in a database. If I don't want the database functions, I hide the source code with ifdef-endif from the compiler. But how can I manage to link or not link the library in the project settings? I tried #import, but that does not work (or I don't know how to use it properly). Can anyone help? Thanx in advance, Guido If it isn...

Outlook 2003 rules problem on SBS 2003 server
About a month ago I lost the ability to create any new rules from client PCs running Outlook 2003, where a name from the global address list is being used. All the existing rules with GAL addresses work fine, and I am not getting any error messages, they simply do not work. All the computers are up to date, including the server. All the rules are of this variety: When message arrives from XYZ, file in folder ABC. Where the person who is XYZ is in the global address list. I am running the IMF filter. I did find the foillowing article which outlines my probem, however the solution does no...

GP should allow you to create a return for drop ship items!
What is the reason behind not being able to create a return for drop ship items? Do you think customer who receive their product via drop ship never have to return an item? This is really short sided on your part. 95% of our business is drop ship and we have return all the time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Problem in Drawing Text with different Fonts & Charset
Dear all, I'm working in a program which will draw some string with both chinese and English character in the Window. I try to use CreateFont() to create a HFONT with Fonts "Arial" and CharSet "CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET" and then select the HFONT to the current DC. However the text drawing out isn't in Font "Arial" (It seems to be "Times New Roman" instead). After that, I try to use other available fonts on my platform, but the same outpur again. No matter what font I'm using, it give the same output!!! Does anyone know Why and how to fix it? ...

Importing .VCS file
When I attempt to import a .VCS file created by Lotus Organizer 6.0 Outlook gives me an error message stating that I do not have the rights to import such a file. I was able to import one calendar event that was saved as a .VCS file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Import / DL problems
When I download my bank transactions, Money doesn't seem to grab it anymore. I used to see the pop up box that tells me I've received a file, and prompts me to place it in a certain acct. but now it just downloads it, and it doesn't import the transactions.(to any of my accounts). And it's not saving it anywhere on disk either, I did a search for any ofx file and returned nothing. What might it be? By the way, I've recently archived and removed all transactions from 2002 and 2003 from my working money file. Might this have caused some minor setting changes? Plz help?...

keep getting error message when importing clipart
While in Publisher I am trying to import clipart and keep getting this error message: The appropriate graphic converter is not available. I have reinstaleld my software using the full install setting. I have downloaded all updates and it still won't work. Can somone help me? Clear your cache, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If that doesn't cure your issue, post back. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Karon" <Karon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A2A64FD-B544-4...

Excel formula problem SUMPRODUCT
Hi Guys, I have a problem with a formula adding up rows against 2 parameters. I am trying to add up rows on a report that 1) show that the actio against it is "open" and its target completion date is overdue. I have tried the following formula but it will not work. =SUMPRODUCT(--(H5:H47="OPEN")*(G5:G47="<TODAY())) This formula works if I substitute the date part with another tex parameter but will have nothing to do with dates even if I put in specific date that I know matches one from the column, I still get 0 Any ideas. Thanks in advance And -- Message ...

Problem importing data from text file
Hi, I have a comma delimited file that has twenty column names followed by six rows of data. I am trying to import this into Excel. When I do this, the data imports entirely into row one. It does import into difference cells but there is one row with 120 cells of data. I was expecting it two "Wrap" and start importing the data into cell A2. Can anyone help with this? How do I show the break between column headers and data? Thanks, Chuck ...

Import Macros Saved on a Personal.XLSW Spreadsheet
I just bought a new computer and I installed office 2007. I saved my macros from my previous computer to an excel document called personal.xlsw. (Also version 2007) How do import macros from this saved spreadsheet into my new computer so that the macros are always there when I open excel? it would be great if I didn't have to recreate the macros again from scratch. As always, I appreciate your help. Are you sure you saved the file with an extension of .xlsw? I would have guessed that it would have had an extension of .xlsm, .xlsb, .xls. I'm gonna guess that you made ...

Importing mail
I am changing laptops and would like to somehow import my mail, (Sent, Deleted, etc) into the new laptop...I have searched and cannot find out how to do this. All I find answers on importing from outlook express into outlook. Does anyone have the answers? From the old laptop, in Outlook, File...export and import. Export the data to a .pst file. Copy this file to the new laptop then from the new Outlook, file...export and import. Import the .pst file. >-----Original Message----- >I am changing laptops and would like to somehow import my >mail, (Sent, Deleted, etc) into the ...

Data Validation
What I am trying to achieve is a drop down list that would look something like this: D1a - suipplies F1g - cell phones C2a - travel E4b - computers and so on and so forth. I can do that. What I would like to happen though is in the same cell that the drop down box is in (a29) I would like to select one of those options and only have D1a, or F1f, ect show up in the cell. The words are just references to my budget, and I don't nned them after I selected the right one. Is this possible? I am somewhat new to excel and have never went into the visual basic editor and I don't have...

Pasting problems
I am using excel to link with another application (from which I am taking some data). The time to get this data can vary. If it finds the data in the time I have allowed for it, it will paste this perfectly into excel. If it does not find the data in time, I assume that it is trying to paste something which is not there. I get a runtime 1004 error Paste method of worksheet class failed. Is there anyway around this. Can I write a loop procedure to only try to paste once there is something in the clipboard. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes at:...

TIME CRITICAL PROBLEM.
Hi Sorry about the length of this request but I feel it may be necessary to try to show what I would like to happen. I have a workbook with 6 worksheets. The sheets are called Nov 01, Feb 02, May 02, Aug 02, Nov 02 and Jan 03. Each sheet contains ID, name, address and loan details for individual clients. Some clients have loans on all month sheets and some may only have loans for a particular month sheet. What I need to happen is to conslidate all the loans onto one sheet but only show the clients name and address details once with all loans being in individual columns. Below are...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style #2
Hi, I have a dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with the visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region when I move the application out of the screen; only if I go to the bottom of the screen. It's OK if I go out by the right side. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Do you know how could I solve this problem? Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks It's a known problem in XP (non-client area is erased incorrectly between scrollbars). Will it ever get fixed? I would not bet on it. &qu...

Intermitent file problem?
Running Outlook 2003 and from time to time the frame with the Inbox list of emails and viewing pane will be blank with an error message stating the system is busy and that perhaps something else has it tied up. How can I debug and fix? ...