Stoopid Office Assistant

I may have asked this one before but cannot find ref. to it.

I'm running Office 2003 but Publisher 2000. I asked Pub for help with
paginating yesterday...and now I keep getting messages to install at least
one office assistant. I CANNOT stand the stupid office assistants and
besides I already have one dumb one installed in Office 2003.

How, can I kill this popup error?

or should I ask this in Office ng?

0
webmaster911 (1600)

You receive a "There was a problem starting the Office Assistant" error message
when you run an Office 2000 program
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221354/en-us
"There are no Office Assistant character files present" error message when you
start an Office 2000 program for the second time
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840644/en-us
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
>I may have asked this one before but cannot find ref. to it.
>
> I'm running Office 2003 but Publisher 2000. I asked Pub for help with
> paginating yesterday...and now I keep getting messages to install at least
> one office assistant. I CANNOT stand the stupid office assistants and
> besides I already have one dumb one installed in Office 2003.
>
> How, can I kill this popup error?
>
> or should I ask this in Office ng?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

S.O.S. Need Assistance ~ Is this one possible & how?
I'm trying to create a formula in a range that basically equals designated percentage which will be used to graph a chart on a separat worksheet. The example would be: if a date text is entered into the range, an once that is populated that particular filled in range will then equa 10% (the date text shows in the range not the percentage) Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com FIGURED IT OUT...IT WORK -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Office 2003 Detect & Repair
Office 2003 Detect & Repair cannot find ZF561407.CAB on Installation Disc. Is there a fix for this, please? The following MSKB article may help: "Installation Error: File not Found" error message when you try to update Office 2003 programs from the Office Update Web site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=875556 JT43529345 wrote: > Office 2003 Detect & Repair cannot find ZF561407.CAB on Installation Disc. Is > there a fix for this, please? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I find out if I have Office 2000
How do I find out if I have Office 2000 on my computer? It is a Compaq 1700T. I bought it in August, 2001 Can you open Word or Excel? If yes, then Help|about should give you some indication of the version. But Office (any version) isn't bundled free with any computer (as far as I know). You have to pay for it separately (it isn't part of Windows (any version)). Agnes wrote: > > How do I find out if I have Office 2000 on my computer? It is a Compaq > 1700T. I bought it in August, 2001 -- Dave Peterson Start>Run and type in Excel and press enter, then click he...

Opening Office 2010 beta documents with Office 2003
The header says it all. I tried a "patch" or converter I found on the Microsoft web site and installed it, but I get errors that there is not enough memory to open the application. The particular file I am trying to open is an excel file created using a beta copy of MS Office 2010. Office 2003 is a certified, activated, registered release. Is there a file converter for this or do I just have to wait until Microsoft comes out with the final release? Really, I wish there would be SOME backward compatibility with Microsoft's Office products. It seems that whe...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

intalling office on new powerbook
My new powerbook came with Microsoft office demo. I want to install my copy of Office, but keep getting message saying installation can not be complete because an older Office copy is on powerbook. I used Remove function of demo version, but keep getting that message. Any ideas? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My new powerbook came with Microsoft office demo. I want to install > my copy of Office, but keep getting message saying installation can not > be complete because an older Office copy is on powerbook. I used > Remove function of demo version, but...

remove com add-ins in Office 2007
I have Chinese menues appearing when I enter Access, which I have traced to a Com Add-In. I have found a way to disable it, but want to remove it permanently. When I try to remove it a message says only an administrator can remove the Add-In. I am the administrator for Windows operating system on my computer, but cannot remove a Com Add-In within Access. What am I missing or doing wrong? What operating system? If Vista or Win 7, find msaccess.exe wherever it is in Program Files, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http:...

Out of Office Assistant #9
I have a user who cannot open Out Of Office Assistant. I loaded my profile to the same computer and the Out of Office Assistant worked. Why is this one user unable to access the Out of Office Assistant? Complete message window: "The Out of Office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error." Upon closing this message window the following error message windows appears: "System Resources are critically low. Close some windows." The user only has Outlook running, is there something I can look for that m...

office 2004 install
When installing office 2004 on imac g3 600mhz 512 oxs 10.3.7, the office assistant will not run and present a window. The drag and drop option dies while copying at item 988 with an error -36 which is an io error. Have had the error multiple times, each time while copying a different file. I tried the ms solution of issuing a command at the terminal, but to no avail. This is a computer with a new hard drive. Ran disk utility and fixed everything. What to do. It's possible you have a damaged CD. Check out the Microsoft Knowledge Base for information: <http://support.microsoft.co...

How can I create a NEW PROFILE OFFICE 2003
I have a Profile which is causing problems with my PST. I was told to create a new profile to use but NOT to create a new one by COPYING the old one. I know how to creat a New profile but HOW CAN I EASILY IMPORT THE EMAIL DATA FROM THE OLD PROFILE TO THE NEW ONE , other than retyping all of the email accounts over again. I have several accounts. I dont know if simply making a COPY of the old profile except that by doing so may simply create a bad profile all over again. You can't, if you want a clean profile (and you do). Just recreate the Email accounts. It can't be that...

Office Notifications no longer work
Sometime in the last month, my Office notifications have stopped working. The Microsoft Office Notifications application is running and I have made sure that it launches at startup, but that hasn't helped the problem. I have repaired permissions since this problem began and have run both Norton Disk Doctor and Alsoft DiskWarrior as part of my regular routine, not specifically for this problem. Again, no effect toward the problem. I am running a dual 1.8 GHz G5 with OS 10.3.9. Office 2004 (Entourage v 11.1.0 (040913)). Any suggestions to fix this? -- Roy Behymer I think you're mor...

Office 2004 slow to open docs
I installed 2004 the other day, and everything is ok performance-wise once docs are open, but it takes 3-10 seconds to open docs that open in less than 1 in v.X. Any ideas? In article <203356e5.0405181317.332afa2a@posting.google.com>, tsb@mac.com (bugleg) wrote: > I installed 2004 the other day, and everything is ok performance-wise > once docs are open, but it takes 3-10 seconds to open docs that open > in less than 1 in v.X. > > Any ideas? Is there any difference if the application is already open? ...

office oputlook 2003 email acct setup error
I am getting a 553 Authentication is required to send mail as <email address> error when I try to send an email. I can't get a test email to be sent w/ email actt setup. I have all updates, but my ISP says I need a an update or patch. Please help. ...

Can't open Microsoft Office-- help!
Not sure why Office decided to suddenly crash on me (it worked fine yesterday) but every time I try to open any office program, I get an error message saying "Microsoft (word, excel, etc) has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Restarting my computer does nothing. To make things worse, i can't find the office CD. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks so much! Hi marissa, Since everything was working OK previously, something has happened to your computer. You don't say what version of Office you are using, but here are som...

How to use Out of Office if no Exchange Server?
Hi guys, I've been trying to tell a friend how to set up an Out of Office reply in her OL2002, but can't even get it working in my own 2007 because according to the help file, you need an Exchange Server to use this facility. Surely not?! How do normal home users set up out of office messages when they don't have an exchange server? There is no "out of office assistant" under Tools, and when trying to set this up manually through Rules and Alerts, there is no option that allows you to reply to messages. I have suggested she uses her ISP's vacation message system, but...

Failed to publish report to MS Office Word or Excel
I received this error when trying to export/convert an Access form to excel, other PCs at the same office works just fine. All PCs running Access 2003 in WIn/XP. The Error is: "Microsoft Access Cannot complete the output operation". The Visual Basic code you entered contains a syntax error or the Output procedures are not available. Make sure there isn't a syntax error in your code. If the syntax is correct, run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Office Access. If you want to preserve your security or custom settings, back up the Microsoft Office Access workgroup information file...

Re: Language packs for Office 2008
On 2/1/08 7:44 AM, in article ee882f0.8@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "MARCIN" <MARCIN> wrote: > IM RUDE CAUSE I'VE JUST LOST 130 EURO, PURELY CAUSE MS DID'NT ADD PROPER > INFORMATION ON BOX/IN APPLE SHOP. > > IF CAPITAL ARE MORE DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO READ, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR OPTICIAN > (OR PSYCHIATRIST.) This is what will get you on a kill list. We're volunteers that provide help. No one deserves your wrath. Poink! -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Hel...

Is RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or RAID5? Options
Hi Our IT suppliers are telling us that hard disks are now so reliable, that RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or should we go for RAID5 ? All feedback gratefully appreciated. With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton, RAID 1 is at least equally reilable as RAID 5. Both configurations tolerate losing one disk. However, if you calculate statistically, chances are bigger that one drive will fail out of three (RAID 5) than one out of two (RAID 1). The same is statistically true that two drives will fai...

Exchange Mail Forwarding And Out Of Office
Hi, I currently have a user who has set their out of office and I need to ammend their message. I know I can change the users password, log on to their account and change the out of office reply, but is there another way without having to do this? Also, I need to forward this users messages on to another member of AD. I have tried setting the user to forward on to in the Delivery options properties box and checked the "Deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox " but nothing comes through to the other AD users inbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Than...

Lost Office Software
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel We purchased the Office 2008 Software for our Macbook and somehow misplaced it. We now have an iMac desktop that we would like to install it on. Is there a way to do this using a registration number from the Macbook? Do we need the actual software to install it on a second computer? In order to install Office you need a source disk and your Product Key... The source disk can be any Office 2008 disk but the Product Key is unique to your copy. The Key is on the sleeve the disk came in, so if you've lost th...

How do I import endnotes from an Open Office document?
I have a document with endnotes saved in Open Office. When I cut and paste it into a Word document, the endnotes change to roman numerals, but I would like them to stay as arabic. How can I edit my previous endnotes and then be able to keep adding endnotes in the same numerical order that I had been? Change the number style of endnotes from within Word. The pasted notes should adjust to that. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Converting from Open Office" <Converting from Open Office@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71AB9EE6-3F15-4439-...

Where are the add-ins in Office 2008?
I just installed Mac Office 2008 and I am unable to find any add-ins in Excel (Tools > Add-ins). I rely on the statistical add-in quite a bit for school work. I wasn't prompted for anything during the installation. Thanks. "Alexander Malov" <alxmlv@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bbe16334-e3df-44d3-9925-52af7969d221@k39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I just installed Mac Office 2008 and I am unable to find any add-ins > in Excel (Tools > Add-ins). I rely on the statistical add-in quite a > bit for school work. I wasn't prompted for anything during the &...

Trouble installing Office 2004 on iMac G5
Hi. I recently purchased a 17" iMac G5, with OS X 10.4 Tiger on it. I am unable to install Office 2004 Standard for the Mac on it - the combo drive will not recognize the disc. When I insert the CD, it spins for a few seconds and then ejects automatically. I initially thought this was a defective CD, since my drive seems fine. All other types of discs play perfectly - DVDs, CD-Rs etc. So, I exchanged the Office for Mac disc for a new one, twice. I've got the same result so far on 3 discs. They are all original factory sealed Office discs. I tried getting support through the Appl...

Does Office 2008 include/support Apple's VoiceOver Technology
Does Office 2008 include/support Apple's VoiceOver Technology (Part of Universal Access)? I have a parent who is visually impaired and I would like her to use Entourage but she can only use it if it comes with VoiceOver technology. Thank you. Theresa In article <b0803c73-f333-4cce-b5e0-5eeff7e9eb9f@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, tlassek@nebrwesleyan.edu wrote: > Does Office 2008 include/support Apple's VoiceOver Technology (Part of > Universal Access)? > > I have a parent who is visually impaired and I would like her to use > Entourage but she can only use ...

Out of office #13
Hello, Where can I change the language on the out of office subject line to English On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:34:08 +0200, "Terje Sundboe" <tsundboe@msn.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Where can I change the language on the out of office subject line to English > What language of Exchange are you running? Find a workstation that is running Windows in English and has Outlook installed. Configure a profile for the mailbox in question. Start Outlook with the /ResetFolderNames switch. Does this fix it? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs...