Step and repeat

Does Publisher have a step and repeat function like InDesign?
0
JackH (1)

What does step and repeat do? Never mind, I know...

In Publisher you can hold control and it will copy. I am sure when Publisher
starts costing $700 a pop it will have this feature and a help item to explain
what it does.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JackH" <JackH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Publisher have a step and repeat function like InDesign?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/4/2007 4:28:43 PM
EEK! Let's hope that it never gets that expensive.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> What does step and repeat do? Never mind, I know...
>
> In Publisher you can hold control and it will copy. I am sure when
> Publisher starts costing $700 a pop it will have this feature and a help
> item to explain what it does.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "JackH" <JackH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Does Publisher have a step and repeat function like InDesign?

0
jl_paules (2768)

XL2007: Conditional format repeated 100 times???
In one .xlsm file, I have a column where the displayed value depends on a COUNTIF formula, the fill color depends on a formula-driven conditional formatting, and the font color depends on three separate formula-driven conditional formats. With the cell on top of the column selected (B21), I open Conditional Formatting >> Manage Rules, and I see all three IF conditionals for the font color, and the OR conditional for the fill color - and the OR conditonal is shown twice. The Applies To range is the whole column (B21-B82). When I select the last cell in the column (B82), I see the one O...

Big list colums naming and repeating when printing
I have a list. How do I set up column names that will repeat in every page when I print like headers? File | Page Setup | Sheet. From there you can designate the Row that contains your headings to repeat on each page. tj "MaR" wrote: > I have a list. How do I set up column names that will repeat in every page > when I print like headers? ...

data base for repeat purchase
how can I set up a data base for repeat once a year floral orders? Thats a pretty general question. Do you have any other data bases, if so, adding a column to capture the data might be eaiser then creating a seperate one. I guess the simpleist is the easiest, client name, and maybe the time of year they order. -- Life is an adventure, are you living it? These are just my opinions, please feel free to correct them if they are wrong. "Rainbowsend" wrote: > how can I set up a data base for repeat once a year floral orders? ...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, If you don�t mind ... I will send it :) . As I don�t know your e-mail, I will give mine, which is ssouritinha@sapo.pt Just send your e-mail to my e-mail box and I will send the file. Thanks, Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

how do I count the number of times a word is repeated in a range?
Adapted from Dave Peterson's fine earlier post........... =SUMPRODUCT(LEN(A1:C101)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A1:C101),UPPER(D1),"")))/LEN(D 1) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "sol" <sol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC007FA4-1A54-4EA2-9748-D56A53A68DD2@microsoft.com... > Try here http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=235 or here http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/kblist.php Hope this helps -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

Page Setup: Sheet: Print Titles: Rows to Repeat at top
In excel I am getting different results when I go to set up a page for printing and I don't understand why. In the page setup dialog on the sheet tab there is a section labeled Print Titles, and there is a selection area for selecting rows to repeat at the top of a page, say for column headers. On some worksheets I can edit this and choose the rows, while on other worksheets this feature appears to be disabled. I am at a loss to understand how the worksheets are different or how to get back the control on those worksheets where this is disabled. Can anyone help me on this? Than...

Update Rollup 2 - Automatic Installation
I have followed the instructions at http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2009/01/20/update-rollup-2-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0.aspx The clients get prompted to install the update as expected. I have it so that each client gets the update direct from the Internet. The install completes as expected, and is shown as installed. However after the reboot the prompt comes up again saying it needs to be installed, even though it can be seen in add/remove programs as being installed. Has anyone got any suggestions? On Jan 29, 10:56=A0am, NotR...@Mail.net wrote: > I have followed the instruc...

How I can write a macors for the given steps.
Please execuse me for resposting the same question again. I afraid the previous question will give correct result. I want to write a macros for the following program steps. from there I can find out the number of offdays of each employee Date l_dat_tart = ’01-Jan-2009’ Date l_dat_to = ’31-12-2009’ Int li_sat DO WHILsE l_dat_tart <= l_dat_to ls_day = dayname(l_dat_start) Choose Case ls_day Case ‘Saturday’ li_sat = li_sat+ 1 if Range("Q3").Value = 1 and li_sat= 1 then li_sat= li_sat+ 1 end if if Range("Q3").Value = 2 and li_...

2 step PO Return with credit process
In addition to having the option of putting the qty back on the PO, several clients have requested the option of a 2 step return process. Often, items are returned and the Inventory gets updated, however, when doing a return with credit it should not post the credit to the vendors account until you can match the credit up to the return of the product to ensure you have been properly credited. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the me...

outlook says it cannot send message but it actually is repeatedly
when I hit send, message is sent to outbox (not Sent folder), popup message reads preparing to send/receive, which then times out and a send/receive error message is generated. however, the message is actually being sent, then is resent in next send/receive cycles until I delete it from the outbox Did it work before? If so what have you changed or updated? "Colin" <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1D06FA1-0398-4329-9A59-7D7B8C2C0EB7@microsoft.com... > when I hit send, message is sent to outbox (not Sent folder), popup > message > reads pre...

Report repeats a field
Example: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 John Smith 3,17 4,27 7,34 John Smith 1,22 6,57 8,92 I want that the report shows a name(John Smith) only one time like this: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 3,17 4,27 7,34 1,22 6,57 8,92 The report get the informations from a Query that get the information from a table. One way to do this would be to set the "name" control's Hide Duplicates property to Yes. Another way to do this would be to use Sorting & Grouping, then Gro...

Excel heading rows to repeat
How do I get my column headings to repeat on subsequent pages during the printing process? I'm not talking about the A, B, C, D rows that identify the column. For example: My headings would be Apples Oranges Bananas I want that to show up on every page of my printed report when the data is more than just one page long. File>page setup>sheet and rows to repeat at top Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ironmaiden64083" wrote: > How do I get my column headings to repeat on subsequent pages during the > printing process? I'm not talking about the A, B, C, D...

deleting repeated rows
I have a sheet with a list of items in column A and a quantity in Column B. In the case where I have identical items in column A, I only want to see the row with the lesser column B quantity and delete the others. Example: Starting with A B BK152 500 CV136 600 BK152 400 I would like to end up with A B BK152 400 CV136 600 Thus throwing out the row with the original quantity of 500 for item BK152 Thanks for any help try this Sub keepsmallestvalue() lr = Cells(R...

Repeat FORM values from 1 record to next
I would like to design a FORM where the previous record's values show up automatically. I know about CNTL '. But I want to do something in the design mode where 4 of 5 fields just pick up the last record's values. Thanks for the help. You use function: =Dlast("[fieldname]","[Tablename]") on default value property on 4 of 5 fields that you pick. Lisa K-A wrote: >I would like to design a FORM where the previous record's values show up >automatically. I know about CNTL '. But I want to do something in the >design mode where 4 of 5 field...

Last step before reformat & rebuild 0x0000007E
Gateway FX530S system Vista Home Premium 32 bit 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD Got FakeAV trojan and too mnay BSOD restarts. System will not boot & gets 0x0000007E message. I ran CHKDSK from norton ghost to repaire drive. aAn the AV potion and cleaned 10 infected files. Unfortunately, Gateway recovery disk only reformats and does not offer "repair". Any thoughts on BSOD code before wipe & rebuld (I have backed up all user data to server) THX -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net a) Symantec AV 2010 b) PC Tools SPyware Doctor 2010. ...

Entourage repeatedly quits
Of late, Entourage (v. 12.2.3, on OS 10.5.8) has been unexpectedly quitting on me, throwing up an apologetic dialog requesting that I allow it to send a report to Microsoft and offering me the option to restart Entourage. Each time I follow through (send the report, restart Entourage). It's been happening at least twice daily for the past week or so. Why might this be happening? Should I run the database utility to check and/or repair the database? (FWIW, I have been keeping all of my emails for the past few years in separate folders within Entourage -- I have not "archive...

How do I set up 4-on-a-page mail-merged postcards without repeats.
On 7/13/06 1:02 PM, in article F595160C-836D-407C-866A-A16512E25AFF@microsoft.com, "RobsonHarwood" <RobsonHarwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Send me a sample file so I can see what you're doing. It sounds like you want what's known as a 4=up imposition (4 different cards). A 4-on imposition would be the same card repeated 4 times on the sheet. What is the art like? Are the bleeds (image or color that goes beyond the edge of the card)?, etc. Matt Beals Consultant Enfocus Certified Trainer, Markzware Recognized Trainer (206) 618-2537 - cell (720) 367-386...

This is a repeat question about ranges
For some time now I have been trying to find out how to: 1. copy a range named say, RangeA1J1 in say cell a2to J2. I have been given several answers and I am sure some of them are ok but I just simply can't get it to work. Thanks L. T., You have this same question in another group, .misc. No one reading this post will know that the answers you've been given are not what you want. You should follow up those answers, and folks will try to help. I've looked at the other post, and the answers, and I don't know what it is that you need. Also, you should give it a few hours,...

Macro for detect palindromes and repeats in letters/numbers string
Dear all, I am looking to detect palindromes (sentence or number or other sequence of units that can be read the same way in either direction) and repeats (sequences of letters or numbers which are repeating atleast twice within a string) in some strings containing between 20-5000 letters. Has somebody any idea how could I perform that using an Excel macro? I would like that the string to be evaluated could be on cell "A1" and that the detected palindromes and repeats could be listed bellow A2 and C2, respectively; and that the number of times that they appear in the sentence coul...

In excel, repeat the titles in chart on every page
I have a chart in excel with headings across the top (not headers). I want them to appear on every page. not certain what you're asking for her but try file-->page setup-->sheet-->rows to repeat at top. HTH Jason "LAURAO" <LAURAO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9080C13-C467-4F8E-85DB-95C1251279B2@microsoft.com... >I have a chart in excel with headings across the top (not headers). I want > them to appear on every page. ...

5 steps to create a publication,the workplan
I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. homework? 1- turn on computer 2- open Publisher 3- File | New 4- File | Page Setup 5- Design your thing 6- File | Save your thing oops thats 6 "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B4E2A10-BCB0-473D-B52A-EFCBB658D856@microsoft.com... |I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. Thinking? This newsgroup is dedicated to solving problems with MS Office Publisher. Not doing your class assignment. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.micros...

repeat row name in pivot table
Hi - I've been trying to figure this out for 2 hours, so if someone can help, it would be much appreciated! In the below pivot, I am trying to get the 'state' row name to repeat for each row. State Agent Policy Count PA 032404 3 032405 17 032406 5 So for example, I want it to show State Agent Policy Count PA 032404 3 PA 032405 17 PA 032406 5 I am using a report created by someone else and do not have access to the data that was used to create the pivot table. I need to copy and paste the data from their pivot ta...

Repeat statements "x" number of times...
Hi All, I have the following code at the end of a long macro: Columns("D:D").Find(What:="total").Select ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(RC[-1]-RC[-2])" ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "0.00" ActiveCell.Font.Bold = True With ActiveCell.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 End With What I am doing is when the word "total" appears, it will go to the cell 4 columns to the right, and then do a formula and format the cell. Question: How can I get this to repeat itself for eac...

multi-column sub report repeat page header
I have a multi column report which is a sub report of master report. I wanted to repeat the page header every time change pages. If I put page header on the page header than the page header does not print on the second page. I tried to create a group and has a group header and have my header on the group header and set repeat to true. It does repeat header on the left side of the report, but the right side of the report without header and have a detail record on the header position. Are there any way to have multi column sub report repeat header for continue pages? You...