Splitting one document into two

Hi how are you?

I was wondering if i have one document or file with 3 pages in it, but i 
wanted to make page 3 of that document a seperate file just on it's own, is 
that possible to do with pubplisher?

Thanks heaps Patchie.
0
Patch (14)
3/20/2007 11:20:08 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

9 Replies
509 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 30

No, assuming I understand your question correctly. How could you have a 
single document made up of two files?

-- 

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375



"Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:AC96FD5B-ACC6-4909-9EA9-F93F53966BCD@microsoft.com...
> Hi how are you?
>
> I was wondering if i have one document or file with 3 pages in it, but i
> wanted to make page 3 of that document a seperate file just on it's own, 
> is
> that possible to do with pubplisher?
>
> Thanks heaps Patchie. 

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/20/2007 11:30:16 PM
Patch wrote:
> I was wondering if i have one document or file with 3 pages in it, but i 
> wanted to make page 3 of that document a seperate file just on it's own, is 
> that possible to do with pubplisher?

Create a new blank file.

Select all on page 3 of your original file (Ctrl+A).

Copy (Ctrl+C)

Switch to the new file.

Paste (Ctrl+V)

-- 
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)
3/20/2007 11:30:56 PM
Ohhhhhhh - is that what he meant? I thought he was asking how to have one 
document but two files. No wonder it didn't make any sense.

-- 

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375



"Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:uGOyPf0aHHA.960@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Patch wrote:
>> I was wondering if i have one document or file with 3 pages in it, but i 
>> wanted to make page 3 of that document a seperate file just on it's own, 
>> is that possible to do with pubplisher?
>
> Create a new blank file.
>
> Select all on page 3 of your original file (Ctrl+A).
>
> Copy (Ctrl+C)
>
> Switch to the new file.
>
> Paste (Ctrl+V)
>
> -- 
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org 

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/21/2007 12:16:46 AM
JoAnn Paules wrote:
> Ohhhhhhh - is that what he meant? I thought he was asking how to have 
> one document but two files. No wonder it didn't make any sense.

I thought so, but your interpretation is just as valid :-)

-- 
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)
3/21/2007 12:22:54 AM
ok, that's cool - but you can't copy and paste layout guides, so if you can't 
split one file and make it into 2 then does that mean you would have to go 
into the layout guides and copy all of that stuff as well?  just want to make 
sure that this is the only way and their isn;t a quicker way of doing this.

thanks

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> JoAnn Paules wrote:
> > Ohhhhhhh - is that what he meant? I thought he was asking how to have 
> > one document but two files. No wonder it didn't make any sense.
> 
> I thought so, but your interpretation is just as valid :-)
> 
> -- 
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org
> 
0
Patch (14)
3/21/2007 1:25:25 AM
I would just delete the first two pages, and do a Save As with a new name.

DavidF

"Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:AB56F7E9-6D4B-45D2-BCB8-2D315F608F2C@microsoft.com...
> ok, that's cool - but you can't copy and paste layout guides, so if you 
> can't
> split one file and make it into 2 then does that mean you would have to go
> into the layout guides and copy all of that stuff as well?  just want to 
> make
> sure that this is the only way and their isn;t a quicker way of doing 
> this.
>
> thanks
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>> > Ohhhhhhh - is that what he meant? I thought he was asking how to have
>> > one document but two files. No wonder it didn't make any sense.
>>
>> I thought so, but your interpretation is just as valid :-)
>>
>> -- 
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>> http://ed.mvps.org
>> 


0
Nope8657 (939)
3/21/2007 3:21:05 AM
Better watch it, David. That's exactly what I would do.  ;-)

-- 
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375


"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:uHQY1%231aHHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I would just delete the first two pages, and do a Save As with a new name.
>
> DavidF
>
> "Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:AB56F7E9-6D4B-45D2-BCB8-2D315F608F2C@microsoft.com...
>> ok, that's cool - but you can't copy and paste layout guides, so if you 
>> can't
>> split one file and make it into 2 then does that mean you would have to 
>> go
>> into the layout guides and copy all of that stuff as well?  just want to 
>> make
>> sure that this is the only way and their isn;t a quicker way of doing 
>> this.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>>
>>> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>>> > Ohhhhhhh - is that what he meant? I thought he was asking how to have
>>> > one document but two files. No wonder it didn't make any sense.
>>>
>>> I thought so, but your interpretation is just as valid :-)
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>>> http://ed.mvps.org
>>>
>
> 


0
jl_paules (2769)
3/21/2007 12:42:04 PM
Actually, I would do the SaveAs first from the original file 
then delete the pages and save.  That way if the OP screwed 
it up by doing a save instead of SaveAs (after deleting the 
pages) there wouldn't be a problem.


"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in 
message news:ugn1VZ7aHHA.5080@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Better watch it, David. That's exactly what I would do. 
> ;-)
>
> -- 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>
>
> "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message 
> news:uHQY1%231aHHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>I would just delete the first two pages, and do a Save As 
>>with a new name.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
>> message 
>> news:AB56F7E9-6D4B-45D2-BCB8-2D315F608F2C@microsoft.com...
>>> ok, that's cool - but you can't copy and paste layout 
>>> guides, so if you can't
>>> split one file and make it into 2 then does that mean 
>>> you would have to go
>>> into the layout guides and copy all of that stuff as 
>>> well?  just want to make
>>> sure that this is the only way and their isn;t a quicker 
>>> way of doing this.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>>>
>>>> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>>>> > Ohhhhhhh - is that what he meant? I thought he was 
>>>> > asking how to have
>>>> > one document but two files. No wonder it didn't make 
>>>> > any sense.
>>>>
>>>> I thought so, but your interpretation is just as valid 
>>>> :-)
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>>>> http://ed.mvps.org
>>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
none6506 (74)
3/21/2007 6:52:38 PM
Actually I would do the Save As before and save afterward, but it's the same 
idea.

-- 

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375



"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message 
news:u7RGJn%23aHHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Actually, I would do the SaveAs first from the original file then delete 
> the pages and save.  That way if the OP screwed it up by doing a save 
> instead of SaveAs (after deleting the pages) there wouldn't be a problem.
>
>
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:ugn1VZ7aHHA.5080@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Better watch it, David. That's exactly what I would do. ;-)
>>
>> -- 
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>
>>
>> "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message 
>> news:uHQY1%231aHHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>I would just delete the first two pages, and do a Save As with a new 
>>>name.
>>>
>>> DavidF
>>>
>>> "Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:AB56F7E9-6D4B-45D2-BCB8-2D315F608F2C@microsoft.com...
>>>> ok, that's cool - but you can't copy and paste layout guides, so if you 
>>>> can't
>>>> split one file and make it into 2 then does that mean you would have to 
>>>> go
>>>> into the layout guides and copy all of that stuff as well?  just want 
>>>> to make
>>>> sure that this is the only way and their isn;t a quicker way of doing 
>>>> this.
>>>>
>>>> thanks
>>>>
>>>> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>>>>> > Ohhhhhhh - is that what he meant? I thought he was asking how to 
>>>>> > have
>>>>> > one document but two files. No wonder it didn't make any sense.
>>>>>
>>>>> I thought so, but your interpretation is just as valid :-)
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>>>>> http://ed.mvps.org
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/21/2007 8:30:42 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

value from 2 field joined in one field...( help designing form)
Hi again All, This time I come with a question that maybe sounds strange. I have 3 textboxes on form F1,let say TBL and TBH their data type are numeric and also TBN with text data.Sample record. TBL TBH TBN 0 3 H 1 9 R 2 0 L: Now I want to return both of TBL and TBH values to textbox TBS on form F2 and TBN value to TBK ,with condition If TBK value Then TBS value : H 3 R 1-9 L 2 specially for recor...

I cannot see pictures already inserted in documents.
In Publisher and Word, graphics already inserted into documents are not visible. In Publisher's Graphics Manager they are shown in thumbnail view but not on the actual document. Everything prints accurately but as I only view the handles of the photos, I cannot edit anything. View, pictures, detailed display. If this is not the solution, slide the acceleration down on your video adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this works, go to the manufacturer's web site of your adapter and look around for an updated driver. -- M...

CF to Color-Fill Row B:G w/Specific Text in One of the Cells
Hi All, I'm in Excel 07 and I have a worksheet which is populated from another worksheet, INDEX-formulas in all cells. Range is B2:G25. Column C gets populated with either M or F. I'm looking for a CF method so that if there's specifically an exact M in row C (not just an M in any word) that the whole row turns a color. The Fs need to do it too but change a different color and I'm guessing I'd just use the same formula but have it look for Fs and change the Fill color, right? Can someone please help me out with a formula for that? Please. Thank...

Convert Excel document into Vcards
How can I convert an Excel document into Vcards so that i can add the information into My contacts in Outlook? ...

Hyperlink instead the hole document
Hello I've following question, is it possible in the opportunity to integrate the hyperlink to a fileserver instead the real document ? It should be possible to use the "browse" button to search in the network. Has anyone this realized in the CRM ? Thanks for your answers. Marcel You can setup custom text fields to be displayed as hyperlinks, butt here is no "browse" feature to set the value. You would need to develop that yourself. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Marcel" <Marcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDE36309...

Splitting dollars and cents
I need to replicate an Accounts Sheet that shows the In/Out cloumns with dollars and cents in separate columns. How do I set up Excel to SUM dollars and cents in two separate columns and use two separate columns for other formulas? - Thanks. -- ncbuilder01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ncbuilder01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27732 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472431 If A1 hold a value such as $123.45 in B1 enter =INT(A1) and in C1 enter =MOD(A1,1) now $ and...

How can I open Posted and Open transactions in one single SmartLis
I want to replace the Sales Transaction SmartList with my own because when we use Extender fields, the Sales Transaction SL becomes way TOO slow. I am able to create faster SmartLists through SQL Views, however, I can only have one type of document status opened in one single SmartList: Open (Sales Transaction Entry window) or Posted (Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom). The Sales Transactions SmartList allows to open both types from the same list. My users liked the faster SmartLists, but they didnt like that they need to lookup in 2 SmartLists when they don't know if something is open...

Query help for splitting departments
We want to restructure our categories and I wonder if someone can help me with a query to make this a more efficient process. We want to split the existing department into department and category. For example we have Art Glass/Bohemian as department with some minor categories that we won't be using anymore, and we now want the department to be Art Glass and the Category to be Bohemian. We have over 50 departments set up like the one above with over 22000 items, so one by one is not an option. Any help please would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you! diana Are you able to list all y...

Saving RMS documents as PDFs
We have users that are trying to save Rights Management Services-protected Office 2007 files as PDFs, but failing to do so when they do not have Acrobat installed (this works normally if the documents are not protected). Is this working as intended, or is there some sort of add-on they can acquire? Hi tremor3258, Do the problem PCs have the Word PDF/XPS converter installed? -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "tremor3258" <tremor3258@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C14E5C6D-BC94-47D2-841A-89C689C4C49B@microsoft.com... > We have...

Comparing two columns in two separate files
Hi, I have an excel worksheet (I will call it A.xls), its first column is the unit numbers, I did some work with this file and saved it under a different name (I will call it B.xls). I noticed some of the rows with unit numbers are missing in this second file. Could some one tell me how would I go about in comparing the first columns of these two files so that it will give me a list of missing unit numbers that I had in the file A.xls but now not present in B.xls Thanks a lot in advance. - Kenny Assume source data in A.xls is in Sheet1, within A1:A20 (say) In B.xls, source data is ...

Excel 2007: Cannot open documents by double-clicking
Suddenly I'm getting the following error when I try to double-click on an Excel spreadsheet to open it: Windows cannot find 'xxxx'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. "xxxx" is the full path and filename of the document I'm trying to open. Additionally, it seems that double-clicking a spreadsheet opens a second instance of Excel instead of using the currently open instance. I have no problem dragging a spreadsheet into Excel or opening a sheet from within Excel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Robert Robert If the same a...

Intersection of two curves
Hi, I have two curves plotted in excel using the data points and these two curves intersect. I want to find the intersection coordinates of these 2 curves. How do I do that? Thanks in advance Swamy > I have two curves plotted in excel using the data points and these two > curves intersect. I want to find the intersection coordinates of these > 2 curves. How do I do that? Thanks in advance You do not have curves in Excel, only lines between points - or curve alike interpolations. So simply you set y1=n1+m1*x1 and y2=n2+m2*x2 (get the n and the m first by using the neighbouring x...

Combine several Names in one folder with if-formula
Hello, how is it possible to calculate with the same Content (e.g.Emailadress exists 5 times) and to sum up the revenue which are made through this emailadress? Is it possible with the if-formula? Thanks vicky -- Vic1978 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vic1978's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28708 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491409 Do you mean =SUMIF(A:A,"someone@somewhere.com",B:B) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing di...

open a publisher document from another version of publisher...
I brought files from another version of publisher and would like to open them here...everytime I try to open them...I'm told it can't be done...is that true...and if so why is that... It depends on the version of Publisher that you have and the version you're trying to open. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "maimo" <maimo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D31E4A3E-9CA5-4ADF-8701-73F12578AB05@microsoft.com... >I brought files from another version of publisher and would like to open >them > here...everytime I try to open the...

How to merge / combine several worksheets into one new worksheet without VBA / Macro? FOR EXPERTS
Hi, I've got a huge problem. I surfed now thru various forums but I unfortunately did not find an answer. Here a description: I have several sheets in one Excel workbook (with identical column names and content). Now I would like to have a consolidated sheet with all content of the other sheets WITHOUT using a VBA MACRO. I am looking for a formula/ formulas which helps me to have a consolidated always up-to-date sheet including all content rows from all other sheets. The main problem I have is how to ensure that added new lines in one of the worksheets are automatically added to the cons...

Printing Publisher Documents on HP Printers
Hi, I am having problems printing pre-defined documents from Publisher 2003 on both of my HP Office Jet Printers. The Printer always cuts off the bottom of the form when it prints. The only successful work-around so far is changing the documents and moving the bottom up a couple lines to adjust for the cutoff. When I use the high speed printers at the office, there isn't any problem and the documents print fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated except buy another printer. Thanks in advance! -- Robert Brown ********************************************************************...

Can I convert documents from Quattro Pro to Excel?
How can I open Quattro Pro files in Excel? ...

Lookup values in a two way table
Hi - I have a table containing exam codes in column A, then the percentage needed to obtain each grade in that exam e.g. Code A B C D 1423 80% 60% 40% 30% 1424 20% 60% 50% 40% 1425 75% 65% 55% 45% I then have another list of exam codes and the percentage a student achieved: Exam code % Grade 1423 0.7 I need to be able to look up the exam code in the top array, and find the relevant grade boundary for that exam then return the grade they got in the Grade box. I think I could do it if I got excel to return the row number containing the Exam Code but I'm not sure -all help much appr...

Two D Statemnets
How can I combine these two statements into one? Thanks DS =Nz(DSum("-(CDFinalPrice*CDDiscountPercent) * CDQuantity","tblCheckDetails","[CDCheckID]= " & [Forms]![frmCheckPreview]![TxtSalesID] & " AND [CDItemID] =31"),0) =Nz(DSum("-CDDiscountAmount*CDQuantity","tblCheckDetails","[CDCheckID]= " & [Forms]![frmCheckPreview]![TxtSalesID] & " AND [CDItemID] =31"),0) DS wrote: > How can I combine these two statements into one? > Thanks > DS > > > =Nz(DSum("-(CDFinalPrice*CDD...

Excel 2003 Split cells
Hello I hope one of you excel gurus can help! I have the following data in a cell Blackstone Avenue 300 Freemont Street 212 I want to bulk split the number from the letters to get 2 cells.. One cell with the street name and one cell with the address.. Any help is appreciated! Brent, Lets say your value is in A1 then use this in B1 =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("*",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","*",LEN(A1)- LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))))) then fill down regards, Cesar Zapata "Brent" <Brent@nunyabuisness.com> wrote in message news:RwQ...

Find duplicate records in two tables.
I need to find employees names that show up in two tables (duplicates). I have a table called Did Not Receive Gift Card and a table called Tax List (the table names are saved with the spaces exactly as shown). I need to find employees whose name is on the Did Not Receive Gift Card table AS WELL AS on the tax list table. Both tables use the field of name. This field is the employees full name. I did not set up the table this way, I inherited it so I cannot change it now. In essence what I am looking for are those employees who did not receive a gift card (Name on Did Not Receive G...

Fill Series only changing one input
I am not sure if this is possible, but I am hoping that it is. Right now, I am trying to create a formula (and fill down the column) that calculates the percentage of a total. My formula right now is as follows: =C2/(SUM('2010 Consultation'!B12+'2010_Raw Pivot'!C:C)) Column C in the sheet titled (2010_Raw Pivot) contains revenue. I need to know the percentage of revenue out of the total. However, the total is not just the summation of all of Column C. I need to take into account a cell that I have in another sheet (2010 Consultation! - Cell B12). When I use...

Two Sheets into One
Hello I have two Excel spread sheets that I would like to combined into one, however I am facing a slight problem. Both sheets have a column containing an ID Number, and many other columns with various data related only to this ID number. I would like to combine the sheets into one sheet, where rows with the same ID number will have the data from both sheets. My problem is that in each sheet, the ID numbers differ, and each sheet has a few ID numbers the other doesn't, yet they share many common ID numbers. For Example Sheet # 6001000 6001000 6001000 6001000 6001000 6001000 6001001 60010...

Same contacts for two profiles?
I have two different profiles. I'd like to have the same contacts for each of the two. Is this easy to do and how do I do it? Thanks You can configure each profile to use the same Outlook Data File. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:Oc$VxJJyEHA.3224@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have two different profiles. I'd like to have the same contacts for each >of the two. > > Is this easy to do and how do I do it? > > Thanks > ...

Comparing data between two tables
Hi, I have a table where I import data to a table. This data contains a list of Services (some which are valid, and some which can be ignored). I have another permanent table that contains a list of Services which can be ignored. What I would like to do, is after the import data has completed, compare the two tables and flag all matched records (in the first table) as ignore (i already have a check box field in this table for this purpose). Would an update query be best for this, or cloning a record set in VBA and scanning through all records in the table be better? A...