Sort Function - Excel 2007

I use Excel 2007 quite often for lists and other functions that require
sorting. When I set up specific sort orders in a spreadsheet those "orders"
do not stay with the spreadsheet when I save the file.

In previous versions of Excel when I set up a sort order for a spreadsheet
and saved the file when I came back to the file at some later time the sort
order was still there. With Excel 2007 I have to re-do the sort order every
time I open the file again.

Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks for your thoughts.

Chet

OOPS - sorry, messed up, meant to put this in the Excel newsgroup - please
disregard, and I'll repost there.

"Chet Swanson" <chet_swanson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I use Excel 2007 quite often for lists and other functions that require
>sorting. When I set up specific sort orders in a spreadsheet those "orders"
>do not stay with the spreadsheet when I save the file.
>

> In previous versions of Excel when I set up a sort order for a spreadsheet
> and saved the file when I came back to the file at some later time the
> sort order was still there. With Excel 2007 I have to re-do the sort order
> every time I open the file again.
>

> Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks for your thoughts.
>

> Chet

number rounding in MS Excel

auto sort?
Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet in the correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new row? would be a big help for my reservations workbook thanks D You could try the worksheet change event: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) <<Sort Code>> End Sub This should re-sort your selection everytime the worksheet changes. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Dave" <post@site.com> wrote in message news:%23czt38POFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to make a dated entry insert ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Qrp Date functions

printing imported gif files in Excel

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

ExCel programming

compact database in VBA access 2007

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

Macro