Some fonts not visible in drop down window

When using the font drop down box to change fonts most of
them are listed using the actual style as a sample.
Some, however (i.e. Baby Kruffy, Alba, etc.) are only
visible in a generic font until I actually select them.
I noticed the same problem on my aunt's computer so I
know I'm not alone.  Any fixes out there?
0
anonymous (74722)

Now what version of Windows and Publisher are you using?

--
The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are

0
donotknock (1941)

Filling drop down box
hi, I have a drop down box in a cell. Based on a value of anohter cell I have to fill my drop down box. what i mean is, say if GreeNPackage is "No" then I want the drop down box to fill a range of values. But if the GreeNPackage is "Yes" then I want the drop down box to fill another set of values. how can i do this? plenty of thanks See reply in .Functions Biff >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I have a drop down box in a cell. Based on a value of >anohter cell I have to fill my drop down box. what i mean >is, say if >GreeNPackage is ...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

Headers to remian visible
Have set up a master "Job's Completed List" listing all my different jobs with various headers for various bits of information for those jobs. The page is set up with 8 headers going across the top of the page and the invoice numbers go down the right side of the page. I would like to have these headers to remain visible on my work sheet at all times. Right now I have scrolled down of the sheet and thus the headers disappear. Makes for guess work and possible mistakes when entering information into the proper column. Select the leftmost cell below the header row, i.e. if r...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

Some contacts don't show on drop down box when addressing email
I was using Outlook Express, my computer motherboard died, got new computer with Windows 7, trying to learn Outlook 2003. The computer tech from my husband's office put Outlook 2003 on the new computer and somehow transferred the addresses that I had in Outlook Express. I do not know what method he used to get the addresses into Outlook 2003. Some things carried over just fine, some things didn't, i.e. a group list of my subdivision property owners, so I had to re-make that distribution list. When I want to email my daughter, her name or email address is not s...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...

Drag Drop problem in CListCtrl
Hello , I have a CListCtrl which displays the thumbnail view of image files & other related info like file size , destination.The owner drawn property of the list cntrl is set to true. I want to be able to drag - drop the thumbnails within the list view itself. But the dragged image of the selected list item is always displayed as a black bitmap.I have used CreateDragImage , BeginDrag , DragEnter , DragMove etc for this.Why is this problem ocurring???? Also if instead of having the dragged image of the item to be displayed , i have set a default bitmap, but it too doesn't get displa...

Adding Fonts to New Font Collection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need help in adding a few of the fonts I commonly use to the Fonts Collection, which appears at the top of the Drop down menu under FONTS. I would like to store the names of a half dozen fonts in the Font Collection menu so that I can avoid scrolling through the entire Font list in order to highlight them. If one uses Verdana a lot, this is a real pain. Right now, when I go to Font Collections (under the Font menu), I see the subheading New Favorites, not no list appears when I click on it. I want to put my favo...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

Drop Down List in a Cell
How do I get the drop down arrow to stay in the actual cell that I have the info in? It only shows up when you click on the cell and the arrow is outside of the cell. Thanks for any help. That's how data validation works. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html _______ "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0546DF8-1E97-4D93-A46E-D718A3C4F00D...

font problems #4
I have Publisher 2007. I have created many publications using Comic Sans. Sometime within the past several months, the font has gone haywire. I'm unable to use this font in my publications any longer so, I've tried several others, i.e., Verdana, Sans Serif, Tahoma and Gil Sans. They all start out o.k. but then one by one will give me a problem. The best way I can describe it is that a letter will be replaced by a square, or an italic, or a different font, or just delete a letter. I've uninstalled and re-installed Publisher but, to no avail. I hope someone has an answer for ...

Blacked-out fonts
Hi folks, help me keep the rest of my hair. Trying to create a PDF from a Publisher document, full of graphs and pie charts. On two of the charts, the font comes out as black blocks once saved to a PDF, though the others are ok. Have tried changing fonts and reducing the length of the horizontal axis by taking a few values out, but once saved to PDF again, the black blocks come back. Just thopse two graphs. Don't know if it's significant that it happens along the horizontal axis, but the fonts on the vertical axes of the others seem fine. Thank you SO much Trudy -- Thanks a...

skin window
hi, I create a skinnable window. But I have no way to make its menu visible. How do I fix it? thanks hi alan.... how did you make skinnable window? I create a region on a bitmap that is almost a rectangle, then use SetWindowRgn to attach the window. When handling the WM_ERASEBKGND, I bitblt the bitmap to the DC. That's my way. "zek" <zekixx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyt6D0NXDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi alan.... > > how did you make skinnable window? > > thanks alan.. "Alan Li" <activeperson@sina.com> wrote in ...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

How do I STOP outlook from opening a New Explorer window on every
When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them I agree with Ken. Is there a way to do right click on a link and select "Copy Shortcut" instead of clicking the link to open a new window? Thanks, Ruf Ken in AB <Ken in AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer > Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? > > This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them In IE, click Tools>Internet Optio...

Font Format
I have merged two different sets of data where one sheet has names in all caps and the other not in all caps. When I'm doing a pivot table, it is using the names as two different values. There is no option in the font format to make the non-cap names into all caps. How can I make the font all consistent so that it is not appearing as two different values. Thanks! "mira" <mira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A30BAA4-8640-47C2-8B7F-9B777A6A66D6@microsoft.com... >I have merged two different sets of data where one sheet has names in all > caps...

WIN 7 64Bit with HP CP2025dn LaserJet With Windows 7 64bit offline issue
I had a system crash which forced me to re-install windows. Now, my CP2025DN shows offline, I have to shut it off and turn it back on, as it's refusing to wake up from powersave in order to print, or if I log off, reboot and log back on, the printer prints my job. Can I just disable powersave or is there an option for always online? Thank you Tony Lisanti You should refer to the user manual about the settings for the printer. If you don't have the manual you can go to HP's website and download the documentation @ http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...

Reminders Window Does Not Show Tasks
Hello. I have been running Outlook 2003 for a while and all has been well. I just synchronized with my Palm and all of my Tasks are still in the folder and I can interact with them fine, but they do not show up in the reminders window. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the "backup" tasks folder that PocketMirror creates. In any case, I do not have HotSync or any Palm or PocketMirror software running on my computer now. The issue is with Outlook -- how can I get the tasks to show in the Reminders Window? Thanks, Tony I removed the Tasks folder created by Po...