Short Memo in text box - need to ROTATE box & text 40 degrees?

I want to print a box in top left corner of page that has text in it and
rotate it approx 45 degrees ... it will then serve as a memo on sheets I will
over print
it on.

Yes, it can be done. What part of this do you need help with?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mercedes300" <mercedes300@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to print a box in top left corner of page that has text in it and
> rotate it approx 45 degrees ... it will then serve as a memo on sheets I
> will
> over print
> it on.

0
jl_paules (2768)
7/27/2006 3:32:35 PM
rotating the monitor 45 degrees and keeping it there.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
| Yes, it can be done. What part of this do you need help with?
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|

| "mercedes300" <mercedes300@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >I want to print a box in top left corner of page that has text in it and
| > rotate it approx 45 degrees ... it will then serve as a memo on sheets I
| > will
| > over print
| > it on.

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/28/2006 2:42:50 PM
Duct tape, of course.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> rotating the monitor 45 degrees and keeping it there.
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> | Yes, it can be done. What part of this do you need help with?
> |
> | --
> |
> | JoAnn Paules
> | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> |

> | "mercedes300" <mercedes300@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | >I want to print a box in top left corner of page that has text in it
> and
> | > rotate it approx 45 degrees ... it will then serve as a memo on sheets
> | > will
> | > over print
> | > it on.

0
jl_paules (2768)
7/28/2006 2:56:44 PM
ohhhh you're good :-)))

| Duct tape, of course.
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|

| "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
| > rotating the monitor 45 degrees and keeping it there.
| >

| > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
| > | Yes, it can be done. What part of this do you need help with?
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | JoAnn Paules
| > | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | "mercedes300" <mercedes300@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > and
| > |
| > |

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/28/2006 3:35:21 PM
Look in the Help file and do a search for ROTATION.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"mercedes300" <mercedes300@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to print a box in top left corner of page that has text in it and
> rotate it approx 45 degrees ... it will then serve as a memo on sheets I
> will
> over print
> it on.

0
Don

Need Way to Automatically Select Data
I would like to know of a way to select specific dates and corresponding data and paste them into the next two columns. The column A contains consecutive dates(mm,dd,yyy) covering a 30 year period and column B contains data corresponding to each date. A way is needed to automate selecting and copying a specific range of dates w/data for each month of all years then pasting to columns C and D. ie: Select the date range and corresponding data for the range 06/01 thru 8/31 for each of the 30 years. Then paste selected cells from columns A and B to columns C and D. The 30 year time period will ...

writing the text inside the Form object
Is there a form object (for a web flowchart) that would let you write inside the form object, instead of below it? The form object is the grey square object with text boxes in it. I wanted to put some text above the text boxes in the form - similar to the standard flowchart symbols. I think I have seen this in other diagrams, but don't know how to do it. Also, for the web page object the text doesn't wrap like the standard flowchart symbols do - is there a way to make it wrap? Thanks, Tom. ...

How do I unwrap text to columns?
I have a spreadsheet where the addresses have been saved as wrapped text in one column. I want to spilt the addresses into columns as Address1, Address2 etc but I can't enter the wrap character (which I think is ALT+ENTER) as a delimiter in the Text to Columns wizard. I have also tried search and replace but again Excel will not recognise ALT+ENTER as a delimiter Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks Re-format the column to eliminate the wrap.............then use Data > TextToColumns with Alt010 (from the keypad) as the delimiter Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ChristineR&...

CHECK BOXES IN SEARCH FORM
This my second posting of a problem I errantly checked as answered. I am using Allen Browne’s great Search Form [ http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html ]. The record source for this form is a query of numerous tables. My problem is with a concatenated field in my query that converts seven check boxes to their field namesakes. The fields are alpha-numeric; 24A; 24B; 67E; 105; 111B; 202 & PELL – pretty random stuff. Any number of the fields can be selected. Therefore, the queried records field “Sections” is just as random and look like this: 24A, 24B or 24A or 111B, 202 ...

word doc opening as symbols and not readable text
I wrote a document in word 03 and saved it to my usb. It saved as a word doc but when i took my usb to open it on another computer to print it opens as a bunch of symbols. I went back to the same computer i saved it from and it still will not open as readable text. What can i do to recover it and is there any way to recover it You've just learnt a tough lesson. NEVER work in Word directly with any type of removable media: it is the number 1 method of corrupting documents. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "studentneedshelp" <studentneedshelp@discussions.microso...

Reset QueryTable error on empty text file
I'm working on a project where I'm opening a .CSV file using QueryTables.Add. My macro works except that I've discovered a possible case where the .CSV file is empty. When the macro hits the empty file, it raises an error "Method 'refresh' of object 'QueryTable' failed", as might be expected. When another .CSV file containing data is opened after the error above has occurred, QueryTables raises the error "Application-defined or object-defined error,", even though there is data. The only way I've found to reset QueryTables is t...

Publisher 2000
Hi, I wonder whether anyone can help me please. I am using Publisher 2000 and have created a speech bubble from the Custom Tools, I then want to add some text into this speech bubble, so have added a text frame and moved it on top of the speech bubble and made it transparent. My problem is that I want the text to fit within the shape of the speech bubble, rather than the left aligned text within the text frame. Not sure if this is clear enough, but I want all of the text to fit within the speech bubble shape. I have searched everywhere and can find nothing that helps. Have you tried ...

How can I get a cell to automatically resize vertically with the amount of text in it ??
How can I get a cell (row) to automatically resize vertically with the amount of text in it ?? Format, Cells, Alignment, Wrap text luke58 wrote: > How can I get a cell (row) to automatically resize vertically with the > amount of text in it ?? Set to "warap text" and row autofit. If it is not working for you, could be you have merged cells which autofit will not handle. Need VBA code or manually fit to size. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:18:07 GMT, luke58 <luke58@hotmail.com> wrote: >How can I get a cell (row) to automatically resize verti...

Prevent combo box from updating a table
My application includes a Combo Box which gets it's values from a query, when I close the form it inserts the value which is in the combo box into the table from which that data came from. How do I prevent the insert? On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:33:28 GMT, "avtuvy" <u58699@uwe> wrote: >My application includes a Combo Box which gets it's values from a query, when >I close the form it inserts the value which is in the combo box into the >table from which that data came from. How do I prevent the insert? If the purpose of the combo box is just to find a r...

CRM needs to allow attachments and links in KB Articles
in addition to the search capabilities for knowledgebase articles, it would be nice to be able to place related topics links in the articles themselves. Also, I would like to be able to introduce a topic/solution and then attach a document, in PDF most likely, that gives the full (often 10-20 pages long, with graphics) description. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

Excel 2003 / Send To / Mail Recipient / body text is removed
When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email as an Attachment. If they type any text into the body of the email it is replaced with <<...>> How can I change this ? If you don't get a good reply here, you may want to post in one of the .Outlook newsgroups. jmaynard2 wrote: > > When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail > Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email > as an Attachment. > > If they typ...

Port Management Ad-on Needed
Hello, One of my clients, a government agency, is looking at implementing GP but needs it to manage their shipping port. Does anyone know of a specific Port Management Ad-on or have you implemented something similar in GP. Demurrage systems are pretty complex and specialized. I successfully implemented an integration between a demurrage system and Microsoft Dynamics GP SOP for a terminal operating company in Florida. Please contact me with the information below at your earliest convenience. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maxi...

IMAP errors
Outlook 2003 configured for IMAP email. Some emails do not show the reply text message, though it shows just about everything else. School tech support recommended changing email options to download complete items, including attachments. This did not help. The school is using Sun's OneMessenger Express email service. Thanks ...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

Need sample of postage prepaid return card
I need a sample of a prepaid postage reply card to include as an insert in a mailer. Please help! You are aware that you need a mailing permit and that you have to have, on deposit with the Post Office, an amount equal to the entire cost if every piece is returned, correct? Mike kimberly wrote: > I need a sample of a prepaid postage reply card to include as an insert in a > mailer. Please help! kimberly <kimberly@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I need a sample of a prepaid postage reply card to include as an > insert in a mailer Whic...

Check box and make table query
I am trying to write a very basic make table query pulling some of the data from a form. the form has a check box, [MO] and a default value of -1 (this is to defaul all records as checked) If I run a datasheet veiw of the query, the table populates with the "-1" when I run the make table the field shows ?? and a data type of bianary. The query is pulling from the form as MOR:[forms]![Frm_RunNew]![MO] If I uncheck the box it show zero on view and null when run. any suggestions? I added Cbool to my query and all is fine now.. thanks to anyone who may have taken t...

Check/Tick box's and Mandatory cells
I have 2 questions; 1. I have added check box's e.g Yes No onto a spreadsheet but you can tick both of these. What i am after is to only be able to tick one or the other but not both. Can anyone help? 2. I need to make some parts of my spreadsheet mandatory but i have no idea on how to do this??? I been through the help files but can not find anything about this. Help on this would be great. Thanks hi, you will need to use this code. right click each check box and click view code. but this sub behind check box 1 Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() If CheckBox1 = True Then Chec...

Big Help Needed Excel '95
A friend has a simple spreadsheet with 6 tabs along the bottom. Win 95 and Office 95 installed. One of the Tabbed sheets had a HUGE list of items and he "hit some key" and wiped out the data in the sheet. Doesn't know what he did and worse still saved the file and exited. Has no back-up! He can't duplicate what he did or even know what he did. I appreciate the data is probably lost, but my query is that the sheet, when you click the Tab shows no cell lines at all, no data obviously, but no cells at all? There are line numbers down the left side that you can click...

list box question
Can I populate my list box with the files named in a sub-directory on my hard drive, and if yes, when I click on one of these file names can I open the file programmatically directly from the on click event of the listbox? Thanks for your help Joanne Joanne, Populate the listbox and show the userform: Sub GetFiles() Dim myArray() As String With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "C:\Excel" .FileName = "*.xls" If .Execute() > 0 Then ReDim myArray(0 to .FoundFiles.Count - 1) For i = 0 To .FoundFiles.Count - 1 myArray(i) = .Foun...

3 linked combo boxes in a form Options
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the option you suggested did not produce the desired result. Perhaps if I explain further what I am trying to do, you can offer some alternatives. Shopcbo based on Shopqry based on Shoptbl. Columns in the table are ShopName and ShopID. The shop same is self explanatory. The shop ID is a field a created to match up with a field in the equipment table. Areacbo based on Areaqry based on Areatbl. Columns in the table are AreaName, AreaLink and ShopName. The area link is a field created to identify each area that a piece of equipment belongs to...

Need to Sum Non Numerical Columns and Create a Chart in Office 2003 Excel/Power Point
Hi, I need to create a chart using Excel 2003 and or PowerPoint 2003. The nonnumeric data is stored in a multiple column spreadsheet. In one of the columns (A) the cells are populated with letters (BT or PP or RD) I need a dynamic total of the number of populated cells (not all cells are populated) in this column, then I'd like to compare the total number of entries to another column (B) that is populated w/ Xs, Rs and Ns. These letters refer to the status of the PKI certificates i.e., received, requested or needed. So, I'd like these values to be a dynamic chart that'l...

Need help in Navigation
I want to have both top link bar( which shows hierarchy) and also tabs ( showing sub sites ) in global navigation ( horizontal navigation).. please tell me what changes I need to do for this to happen. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Spyware-Adware-Internet Driver License Test Redux http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/487aa9ed-8dd8-4e05-8df9-f1efa2b6054a/spywareadwareinternet-d.aspx CorasWorks has this functionality, but don't think it exists OOB. "vishwanath v" wrote: > I want to have both top link bar( which shows hierarchy) and als...

Text to numbers #2
I am converting the following to numbers using =value(LEFT(D117,LEN(D117)-1)) 4" 3/4" 2" All works fine except the fraction keeps turning into a date value? I try formatting the cells but this does not work either? Any advice -- Ray Ray, Try this =VALUE(IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("/",D6)),"0 ","")&LEFT(D6,LEN(D6)-1)) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D8C1083-6C0C-4293-813D-C86D79BCFE86@microsoft.com... > I am converting the following to numbers using =value(LEFT(D117,LEN(D117)-1)...

saving to text file
I am encountering a strange error message when i try to save my Excel 2000 file to a tab-delimited text file. I am receiving the following message: "'[File Name].xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." None of the cases stated in the error messages are true of these files. If you have any suggestions to rectify this situation, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. If you use windows explorer to copy your .xls file to your local hard...

Need rotation schedule with 6 tables of 6 people for all to meet o
I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a rotation schedule so that everyone will get to meet everyone only once. I will have 6 tables of 6 people at each table for a total of 36 people. I have the tables lettered A B C D E F and 1-36 people numbered and want to rotate everyone through so they all get to talk to each other just once. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, sccyclist <sccyclist@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a >rotation schedule so that eve...