SETUP BOOTSTRAPPER PROBLEM OFFICE 2000 prevents CD 2 installati...

I'm using Office 2000 Word, Excel and Access and have installed or
reinstalled it from CD 1 three times on 8-month old XP Home Edition, no
problem. Now I would like to install CD 2 programs and use Publisher. When CD
2 is inserted I get message, "MS Office setup bootstrapper has encountered a
problem and needs to close. I can read some files on CD 2 but not the
setup.hlp. I installed CD 2 on previous computer but never used programs. My
latest reinstall of CD 1 was for purpose of getting a prompt to continue with
CD 2, which didn't happen. I think when I installed CD 2 on old machine I
must have had an offer prompt to install CD 2. FYI: I have "Premium" version
with Publisher, Small Business and Shared Clip-Art on CD 2 and Photo Draw on
CD 3 and 4. With my limited knowledge, it does not seem like a bad disc to
me. Thank you. Scott
0
ScottS833 (16)

OFF2000: Description of the Enhanced Copy of Setup.exe Available in the Office
Resource Kit
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232501
Supported installation methods for deploying Microsoft Office
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301&Product=off2003

Might try copying Disk 2 to your hard drive and installing from there.

How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329820

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"ScottS" <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Office 2000 Word, Excel and Access and have installed or
> reinstalled it from CD 1 three times on 8-month old XP Home Edition, no
> problem. Now I would like to install CD 2 programs and use Publisher. When CD
> 2 is inserted I get message, "MS Office setup bootstrapper has encountered a
> problem and needs to close. I can read some files on CD 2 but not the
> setup.hlp. I installed CD 2 on previous computer but never used programs. My
> latest reinstall of CD 1 was for purpose of getting a prompt to continue with
> CD 2, which didn't happen. I think when I installed CD 2 on old machine I
> must have had an offer prompt to install CD 2. FYI: I have "Premium" version
> with Publisher, Small Business and Shared Clip-Art on CD 2 and Photo Draw on
> CD 3 and 4. With my limited knowledge, it does not seem like a bad disc to
> me. Thank you. Scott

0
gsauer (5093)

CListView Vista Problem
We are modifying a CListView Control as follows: void CMyListView::OnInitialUpdate() { CListView::OnInitialUpdate(); ... DWORD dwAdd = LVS_REPORT | LVS_SINGLESEL | LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS | LVS_OWNERDATA; DWORD dwRemove = LVS_TYPEMASK; GetListCtrl().ModifyStyle(dwRemove, dwAdd); ListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle(GetListCtrl().m_hWnd, LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT | LVS_EX_ONECLICKACTIVATE | LVS_EX_GRIDLINES | LVS_EX_HEADERDRAGDROP | LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES); CHeaderCtrl* pHeaderCtrl = GetListCtrl().GetHeaderCtrl(); ASSERT(pHeaderCtrl != NULL); if (pHeaderCtrl != NULL) { ...

Office 2007 PRO Spell Checker again!
All, I'm sure you're all tired of this subject, but I'm getting nowhere!. I've just installed Office Pro 07 on a brand new machine and trying to use Word 07 and Outlook 07 (not Outlook Express) and I can't get the spell checker to work in either. It did work very briefly on Outlook but then cut out. I've tried all of the suggestions that I can find on the web, but no success. Incidentally, got the spell checker working on Live mail. Please, any suggestions? ...

IMPORT PROBLEM #3
I try to import a file from excel. It imports 9 records and stops. The message is "Map1 Error ox80070057. Try again later" I try again later and get the same results. "dancer" <dancer@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23%232QSPOQHHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I try to import a file from excel. It imports 9 records and stops. The >message is "Map1 Error ox80070057. Try again later" > > I try again later and get the same results. > > What is in the file you are trying to import? It is a name and e-mail address. I'...

Exchange Small Business 2000 will not mount stores
My exchange server keeps unmounting information stores Problem occured two days ago, could not perform a soft recovery so tried a hard recovery on existing databases. Ran a defrag too. Everything looked OK and then 4 hours later the exchange server unmounted the stores. This wa s the original app log error The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Inf...

various excel problems
I have a friend who has some problems with her Excel. Here are a few of them. We would appreciate any help we can get: 1. The columns are labelled 1, 2, 3, etc. rather than A, B, C, etc. How can she change the columns to letters? 2. When she hits the page down key on her computer the excel spreadsheet goes down one line not the equivalent of a page. How can she fix this? 3. When she wants to sum a set of numbers in a column, she can only sum cells which numbers in them. That is, when she comes to a blank cell the summing ends. How can she change her settings so that she can sum an entire colu...

Accessing/Changing Keywords externally via Office 2004 mdimporter
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there a way to access and/or change the Keywords metadata for Excel and Word (Office 2004) without opening the application? I had a programmer write a program that accesses and changes the keywords metadata (without opening the application) for Microsoft Office 2008 files, iWork files, RTF files, PDF files, and a couple of others. It works great (and it only adds 1 second to modified data - so essentially there's no change - the 1 second is so that Chronosync will see the change.) Anyway, my programmer is now una...

Windows Live Mail problems 07-16-10
Hi Is it possible to get all the emails to be put in one folder (In, Out, Delete etc). I have gone to Select Quick Views, but this doesn't work well, as I have many email account.s ALso Anyone know how I can get Windows Live Mail to keep the position of folders. Every time I move StorageFolders to the top, it gets put back to the bottom again. Many Thanks "t8769" <t8769@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:DD104989-7E15-46F6-9E2C-618D43DFE1A0@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Is it possible to get all the emails to be put in one fold...

Problem of Outlook sending messages with attachments multiple times
We've been having problems with more and more Outlook users (several versions) who are getting messages "stuck" in their Outbox. Usually, we can clear it up by running scanpst on their machine. Once or twice, the problem seemed to be an outlook.pst file that was nearly 2gb. What's the best way to prevent this from happening in the first place? So far, there hasn't been much harm done, but there's real concern about inadvertently mailbombing one of our clients. Thanks! 1. Archive regularly. 2. Empty deleted items folder. 3. Remove attachments. --� Milly Staples [M...

Out of Office Assistant and Exchange 5.5
I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with approx 40 Outlook 2000 clients. With some clients the Out of Office Assistant works perfectly and with some even though it turns on, the text portion is not saved and no auto reply is sent for incoming mail. This is the same for both internal and external mail. As far as I can tell there is no difference between the mailbox accounts not the outlook settings. Anyone got any ideas???? ...

MS Publisher 2000 saving a ps file to Corel
I saved ("save as) my MS Publisher 2000 file as a postscript (.ps). In Windows XP Explorer, the file shows as a Corel Draw Essentials 9.0 file with the Corel icon (when I expected to see a .ps file). I cannot open the file in either Corel or Publisher. I have tried saving with my HP printer (postscript) and MS Publisher Imagesetter as the printer--neither gives me the desired .ps file. There are Corel Draw objects in my Publisher file, but I've used this file many times in my old Windows 98 environment (with Publsiher 2000 and Corel Essentials 9.0) with no problems. Does anyone know h...

Email addresses and scrolling problems
Outlook 2007 on Vista 64 Outlook refuses to send some emails - but I have not been able to repro the problem - it appears to be random. When you reply to an email, Outlook will fill in the too address such as Some Name <SomeEmail@somewhere.com> That normally works OK but sometimes it will refuse to send the email - it just stays in the out basket. So you need to manually edit the To address to <SomeEmail@somewhere.com> ie - you need to remove the name prefix in order to get it to work. The email address is perfectly good - it just won't send the email. Of course,...

Sending "Read Receipt" problem (Outlook 2003)
Hello, I am having problems sending a "read receipt" when one is requested. In "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Tracking Options" I use "Ask me before sending a response" When a person asks for a "read receipt" I can accept or decline, but when I allow a read receipt to be sent I do not find it in the "Sent" folder. And subsequently the person is not receiving it. I also observed that once I accepted to send a receipt, one of my other accounts (not default) and not the one I received the email "To" is trying to se...

Microsoft office 2004 installation on Microsoft Office x
HI: I wish to install office 2004 on to my mac which has office X. How I do this and keep my contacts e-mails etc which i have on my hard drive? Please contact me at mikeseiden@rogers.com Thanks No need to do anything. When you launch Entourage, it will offer to import information from different applications; choose Entourage v.X, then select your identity, and the importer will take care of the rest. On 22/11/2007 12:39, in article c24b7001-7db7-41a5-b751-46ed638ef838@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "seiden.mike@gmail.com" <seiden.mike@gmail.com> wrote: > HI: > I wish ...

Problem in exchange mailbox
Hi, I have exchange 2003 with SP1 . I have configure one mailbox in outlook but when i receive mails in my mailbox it shows for seconds only in mailbox and disappears. i have checked in all the folders in mailbox but could not found . there is no any rules als. Pls help me on this issue. One more problem i am having when i sent any word or excel attachment outside the exchange server then the word or excel does not open on recepients end or the fond goets changed in word files... Pls help oh these issues. Regards, Abhi. pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhishek pandey) wrote: >Hi, >I ...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba #2
never min, figured it out = -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

WTB: WE BUY SOFTWARE
WTB: WE BUY SOFTWARE - WE NEED MS OFFICE, WINDOWS, SERVER as well as ADOBE, SYMANTEC & OTHERS WE BUY used, new and refurbed Sun, Cisco, Lucent, Nortel, Alcatel, 3com, IBM, HP, Compaq, Dell, Madge, Cabletron, Juniper Networks, Bintec, Siemens, Foundry, Networks, Extreme Networks, Fore/Marconi, Tellabs Lucent/Avaya/Ascend, Xylogics, Brocade, Intel, Motorola, Nokia VPN/Firewall, Netscreen, Microsoft Adobe, Corel, Intuit, Macromedia, Symantec, McAfee etc... Email BUYONET@HOTMAIL.COM with any of the above that you wish to sell. LOOK BELOW FOR ALL WANT TO BUY LISTINGS... WE ARE BUYING WI...

Office 2007 - HELP

outlook profile/password problems
outlook 2003 I know that I have asked this before but I have two mail accounts (one business and one personal) set to both send and receive at the same time from their respective isp/servers. When I press send and receive I get mail from the respective accounts. The problem that I have is evreytime I do this I am asked for my password to both accounts and I do this and check the save password box but still receive the pop up box asking me for my password. I have checked both of my accounts from their pop3 web accounts and there is no problem. I have done a repair on outlook and there is no p...

Need some formula advice for two part problem
I hope someone can help me out with this problem ? I want to place a date in a block when another block reads 100%. say block B4 reads 100%, I want to place a date in D4 to represent when (Days360) that block (B4) reached 100%. Hope someone can help, thanks. Mr. Goodbred Benjamin Goodbred, I came up with this solution: Format cell B4 as percent, D4 as Date 3/14/01. In cell D4 type formula: "=IF(B4=100%,NOW(),"")" do not add the first " or the last " The cell D4 will remain empty("") until B4 is equal to 100%. hth "BENJAMIN GOODBRED" w...

Getting a value by comparing 2 columns
Hi, I have a mailing list that I need to create but with a specific list of customers. Cust 1 in the example, is our current customer list. Cust 2 is the list of mailing customers. How do I put the Final Cust Name in the column when Cust 1 and Cust 2 match? Cust 1 Cust Name Cust 2 Final Cust Name 123 Jon Doe Landscaping 456 456 Mary Browns Excavating 963 789 Orlando Towers Inc 1296 963 ECT Lawns 1866 1296 Spring Specialty 1581 Land & Air Landscaping 1866 KF Rentals Thanks for help! Assuming your master list is in cel...

About AVAYA IP Office MSCRM Integration's problem.
We have 10,000 customer details, each time when the customer phone in, the AVAYA MSCRM Integration application will pop-up the customer's information. That's really great!! But I found there are a problem: sometimes the pop-up window is really SLOW! After the ring up about 30 seconds, the window just pop-up :-( What I thought is becasue the customer database is huge, so it takes time to search the database. In fact, the frequently customer only 50s. Then I'd like to build a "Frequently Customer Database", let's the AVAYA application points to this database. M...

export from Access to Excel has created problems with
I am a new user with vision impairment, so it is extremely likely that I missed the help that has already been offered. For that I apologize and thank you for your input. I was working on a database in Access, but was having a problem because of my vision. It was suggested that I would have better luck working in Excel and since I have worked with it before I decided to try. I exported my worksheet to Excel but when I openned it in Excel I immediately noticed something was very different. It is as though every cell has been "formatted as a mini document, complete ith "wrap ...

UnInstalling Office X
Most programs have an uninstall feature. I can't seem to find it in Office. now that i have installed the new office 2004, my office X is still there. do i just drag the whole thing to the trash can? Or is there some secret to uninstalling. Thanks! Use the Remove Office utility that is included with Office 2004. 1. Launch the Remove Office tool, located in HD/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office. 2. Press the "Continue" button to locate currently installed copies of Office. 3. Select "Microsoft Office X," and press the "Continue&...

headquarters client startup problems
At two of our locations, headquarters client gives a windows error upon startup and will not load (it wants to send an error report to microsoft which I have done many times). After about 10 or 15 attempts it will finally load and run perfectly the rest of the day. Does anyone have any ideas why it does this? I would be interested in where the post ends up. I have issues whereby the client just stops connecting - mostly after a restart. I have the shortcut in the Startup menu so that it launches HQ Client up on login. "William" wrote: > At two of our locations, headquarters ...

excel LOOKUP( ) error #2
=LOOKUP(AG5,'Regular Invoices'!A:A,'Regular Invoices'!E:E) AG 'Regular Invoice' 'Regular Invoices' A E 041000-1 041000-1 SEIU 041000-2 041000-2 WP 041001-1 041001-1 SEIU Regular Invoices is a data input worksheet where column A is the invoice number and column E is the client code column AG comes from a formula worksheet. rather than crowding report work...