Settings margins for imported documents

When I import a document from Word into Publisher I find I am unable to
change the margins on the pagfes.  The document has 108 pages.  I have tried
to change the Master and apply it to all the pages but it just does not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0
Trevor1 (40)

How are you importing? Best way to import text would be to create two pages in
Publisher, on the arrange menu set your margins, create a text box on each page, link
them, copy the text from Word, paste into the first page, Publisher will inquire
about creating pages, click yes...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Trevor" <Trevor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I import a document from Word into Publisher I find I am unable to
> change the margins on the pagfes.  The document has 108 pages.  I have tried
> to change the Master and apply it to all the pages but it just does not work.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
gsauer (5093)

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Trouble Importing Vendors into Items in a New Database
We are using a Microsoft SQL database import utility and have successfully imported all items into their respective departsment with the correct tax IDs ect. We cannot import the supplier choices into each item. What would be the quickest way to set each item up with their appropriate supplier choice? This customer has almost 1500 items and he doesn't look forward to enter each item by hand with its supplier setting. Hi Big Dave - where you able to import the suppliers into the supplier table ? - items are then linked to suppliers in the supplierlist table on item.id = supplierlist...

Macro to import external data from Access query to Excel
I have tried to post this a couple times, but don't see it after I post it... so if it out here three times, I am sorry! I am trying to write code that will allow me to pull in information for different areas depending on the file that I am creating. For example, I will create a file for US006 and want the external information for US006 and then create a file for US007 and want the information for US007. I created the code below. The fourth line from the bottom references US006. I would like that to be a variable dependent on the file I am creating. I cannot seem to g...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

mail settings randomly resetting
I have several networked computers in an office setting. They all receive email from a mail server. I have all of them set to leave a copy of mail on the server, however one of the computers randomly unchecks the box and in doing so downloads all the mail off the server. The computer in question is running Vista with WLM. I changed it to WLM from windows mail because I was having the same problem with windows mail. After the change to WLM it worked fine for about a month and now every morning when that employee powers on the setting has changed. That information is stored in a...

Programmatic access settings disabled
Hi, How I can enable the access to change the settings for the programmatic access in Outlook 2007. I tried to change the setting with [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security] "ObjectModelGuard"=dword:00000002 without any success. The settings stays to "Always warn" and can't be changed. We are usiing Windows 7 with McAfee 8.7i. Windows doesn't recognize it in the Action Center. You'll have to update McAfee 8.7i to at least Patch 2 for it to integrate with the Windows 7 Action Center. I believe Patch 3 has been out a...

Clearing security settings
I am setting up a new server that will be home to GP version 8. I am migrating from 7.5 to 8. I want to clear out all users, advanced security, and standard security settings and recreate them on the new server. Anybody ever scripted this? I assume I want to truncate tables, but I don't know which ones, other than what is show in techkno Steps to remove Advanced Security (874401). TIA If you run a delete statement on the SY02000 table, it will remove all settings, then you can run a reconcile against security restrictions and user access. "Cindy Lange" wrote: > I...

bcc can't be set up automatically
Anyone know a way to tell Outlook to automatically bcc another person on every new message sent out? This is a Netscape feature that doesn't seem to be available in Outlook. Hi Roberto, As far the information i have to Automatically setup the bcc you woudl have to develop a VBA code that can be used in Outlook. There are no settings in Outook for automatic update bcc. To give you an easier option there are 3rd party links and software that can be downloaded and intergrated with Outlook to set bcc as automatic. There are many add-ins which can be added to Outlook. Thank You... ...

Set default time zone for all users
Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change it to the correct zone? No. Each user must change their own timezone settings. I have no idea why Microsoft do not pick up your computers timezone. Hopefully this will be changed in a version 2.0 release "Jack Black" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F5F4A10-B6AD-420C-9ACB-F73A13FDABB9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change i...

How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 ve.
How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the square root of 7? try the formula =7^(1/10). HTH Alan P. "kestig1" <kestig1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C16AB7-8BD6-4671-B138-5F2961E46067@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the > square root of 7? ...

Can I set my custom views on Pivot table
I want to get Pivot table data on my invoice, is it possible to set custom views so that I can get Pivot table results on invoice format, I've tried views that offer excel but it doesn't offer custom views please help Thanks ...

Prices and cost Set to zero when exporting a new store
When I export a new store with 1.2.085v from headquarters all the cost and price information is set to zero. I have seen that there is a fix for 1.3v but i cannot seem to find any other fix for our version. Any suggestions? Thanks Joe Just run worksheets to update the cost and price. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Joe Gonzalez wrote: > When I export a new store with ...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

Import Templates for Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi all I am trying to use the standard import file into Leads, and it is coming up with data type not valid, length not valid however I am 100% sure it is correct. Have any of you out there got formatted xls files that have the correct data types. field lengths that we could possibly use as a template to see if it is actually my error? Regards Wayne Lockey ...

Using backup as import
Can I import a Money 2002 backup file into Money 2007? No but you should be able to restore it. "perple" <perple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0832C8E2-B5EB-4197-954E-03E64F66E32E@microsoft.com... > Can I import a Money 2002 backup file into Money 2007? ...

Move pages from document to document?

How do I break a large word document into smaller components?
I have a very large Word document (over 40 MB) that I update several times a year. I would like to break it into smaller components so that only the affected component would have to be backed up online. However, I still wish to maintain the ability to create a table of contents and index for the whole document. Is this possible and if so, what is the process to do it. I am using MS Office 2010 beta running MS Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit Dell desktop. Hi RoadRoy, You can simply make multiple copies and delete whatever you don't want from each copy. For the mul...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

comparing numerically two documents
Hi all, I need to compare the text of document A with the text of document B with some Word functionality, plugin or tool that tells me how much the text in the two docs is different. Some kind of reporting feature that tells you something like "The text of document B is X % (percent) different from the text of document A" Is anythig like this available? thanks ...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

IMPORTING MONEY FILES DUP ENTRIES
I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried importing files but all tranfers between accounts are duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts is duplicated. Follow the prompts on the import file dialog that tell you to select multiple files to import at the same time. There are other guidelines if investment accounts are involved. You might want to review postings on this subject in the group archives at http://groups.google.com. "JAYNE" &l...

Macro Security Setting not applying ...
Help! I have a workbook that will sporadically lose it's ability to run macros even though the macro security setting is set to 'medium'. i.e. - no message box comes up when opening the file and when trying to run any macros, the "cannot run macros ..." box comes up. The only way I can fix this is to open the file, select macro-security setting "low", save the file, open it again, and then return the setting to "medium". This file is out on a shared drive and many of my users need to access this - so the quick-fix noted above really isn't...

Set Enabled On All Controls in a Form?
I am trying to set all controls visible, unlocked, and enabled, as the baseline for disabling or locking down some fields based on other criteria. Here's what I tried, which gives me an "Invalid or unqualified reference" error: Function SetEnabledFieldsBase() Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Controls .Enabled = True .Visible = True .Locked = False Next ctl End Function I based this on several examples that were intended to do something to all text boxes on a form. (I have never done this before, so sorry if this i...