Setting up email to work

I created a webpage for my company and when I created the send button I went
into Format Form Properties and selected Submit and then went to Form
Properties. I then selected Send Data to me in Email and entered in a valid
Email. However when I go to test the web page and I enter in the required
information and I click Send I get a The Page Cannot Be Displayed error and
HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed. What do I do?
0
Russ (40)

Reference: "Publisher web publication forms 101":
http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx

DavidF

"Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a webpage for my company and when I created the send button I
>went
> into Format Form Properties and selected Submit and then went to Form
> Properties. I then selected Send Data to me in Email and entered in a
> valid
> Email. However when I go to test the web page and I enter in the required
> information and I click Send I get a The Page Cannot Be Displayed error
> and
> HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed. What do I do?

0
Nope8657 (939)
7/31/2006 11:33:58 PM
I have already went to that page and reviewed that. I also entered in the URL
http://www.mtiretail.com/_vti_inf.html and I received the correct response of
FrontPage Configuration Information
In the HTML comments, this page contains configuration information that the
FrontPage Explorer and FrontPage Editor need to communicate with the
FrontPage server extensions installed on this web server. Do not delete this
page.

So the server has the publisher framework installed. Is there anything else
I can do? Should there be some setting in IIS changed? I also did check the
file permissons and it is set to read write and I hope I can get some new
avenue to determine why this doesn't work. Any insight or assistance is
greatly appreciated.

"DavidF" wrote:

> Reference: "Publisher web publication forms 101":
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx
>
> DavidF
>
> "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a webpage for my company and when I created the send button I
> >went
> > into Format Form Properties and selected Submit and then went to Form
> > Properties. I then selected Send Data to me in Email and entered in a
> > valid
> > Email. However when I go to test the web page and I enter in the required
> > information and I click Send I get a The Page Cannot Be Displayed error
> > and
> > HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed. What do I do?

0
Russ (40)
8/1/2006 1:02:02 PM
Russ,

Probably a stupid question, but are you testing your form from your site, or
from a preview of your site on your computer? The later will not work.

Second question, which form does not work? I filled in and submitted as Test
from your submit a resume form page...did you get that?

And lastly, I suspect that your problem is because your site,
http://www.mtiretail.com/ , appears to be framed. Publisher does not support
framing in general, and I don't know that you will be able to work around
that. But before you conclude that, answer the two questions above...

>I have already went to that page and reviewed that. I also entered in the
>URL
> http://www.mtiretail.com/_vti_inf.html and I received the correct response
> of
> FrontPage Configuration Information
> In the HTML comments, this page contains configuration information that
> the
> FrontPage Explorer and FrontPage Editor need to communicate with the
> FrontPage server extensions installed on this web server. Do not delete
> this
> page.
>
> So the server has the publisher framework installed. Is there anything
> else
> I can do? Should there be some setting in IIS changed? I also did check
> the
> file permissons and it is set to read write and I hope I can get some new
> avenue to determine why this doesn't work. Any insight or assistance is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> Reference: "Publisher web publication forms 101":
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I created a webpage for my company and when I created the send button I
>> >went
>> > into Format Form Properties and selected Submit and then went to Form
>> > Properties. I then selected Send Data to me in Email and entered in a
>> > valid
>> > Email. However when I go to test the web page and I enter in the
>> > required
>> > information and I click Send I get a The Page Cannot Be Displayed error
>> > and
>> > HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed. What do I do?

0
Nope8657 (939)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Retrieve Lost Email

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

can't send or receive emails

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

multiple email identities

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

Outlook set up
In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:17:36 -0800, "etata" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email >address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell >it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY >NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? Just a...

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

set print area #2

Data migration - Adventure Works

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...