Setting Up a Novel #2

I would like to write a book using Publisher 2002. How can I set this up to
achieve optimum results in the shortest period of time? I need Table of
Contents, Chapters, Page Numbers, Graphics, Formatting Styles, Headers,
Footers, Glossary, Index, etc  Is this the
right application to use for this job?  Thanks  Barry

0
cbj97 (29)

Barry wrote:
> I would like to write a book using Publisher 2002. How can I set this up to
> achieve optimum results in the shortest period of time? I need Table of
> Contents, Chapters, Page Numbers, Graphics, Formatting Styles, Headers,
> Footers, Glossary, Index, etc  Is this the
> right application to use for this job?  Thanks  Barry

Yes and no

first you have to have an original thought

then you have to put it down on paper

then you have to figure out that one is the first page, followed by two,
then next comes three, etc

In Publisher you can use the "knowledge Generator" which could actually
write a word for you, but it is hard to master.

Good luck in life,

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
10/29/2006 2:52:51 AM
Barry:
Publisher -- at least up to 2003 -- will not generate your Table of Contents
or index. You have to go back into work to do it. I would suggest using Word
to write the book. I've got a 90,000 word novel in Word, with headers,
Chapters, page numbers, formatting styles and even a footnote. It works
fine. I don't know if Publisher 2007 will automatically do TOC and Index.
Your glossary would, I would think, be a separate section, not generated
from within your text.

Jean Airey wrote:
> Barry:
> Publisher -- at least up to 2003 -- will not generate your Table of Contents
> or index. You have to go back into work to do it.

Jean was that a great typo, or did you call it right "You have to go
back into work to do it" ?? Just wandering...

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)

ALT + ENTER #2
I cant seem to figure out what pressing both ALT + ENTER does. I am working on a spreadsheet, and Im supposed to click on a cell and put my cursor before a certain word in the cell, and press ALT + ENTER. I know its supposed to show only the word after the cursor, but its not doing that...it does nothing at all. Help! It will insert a carriage return, so if you have xxxxx xxxx and you put the cursor between the 2 strings and do alt + enter it will change to xxxxx xxxx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Heather" <heather.l.nelson@sfcc.edu> wrote in message news:276CFDD9-6612-47...

XML Schema validation #2
Datetime field validation failed on fields with null data, why is that? Should I use this nillable="true" tricks in Schema? Thanks, Lenny Lenny Woodbridge wrote: > Datetime field validation failed on fields with null data, why is that? Empty value is not valid value for xs:dateTime type. See http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-2-20010502/#dateTime for more info. -- Oleg Tkachenko http://www.tkachenko.com/blog Multiconn Technologies, Israel ...

new message window (Microsoft Word) opens 1/2 way!
When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. There have been a few times that the window will open up all the way but not sure if there is either a regestry setting or local setting that would control this feature??? Thanks! On hands and knees, Paul crawls to SilverRaven and begs: >When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the >window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. >There have been a few times that the window will open up >all the way but not sure if there is either a re...

numbering #2
Is it possible to apply numbering (invoice or booking numbers) to sheets inside of a book. Four people using the same books and we want to put number on the sheets without becoming a number management nightmare Like adding a series of numbers like invoice number Each sheet having it's own number in the series but not repeting on different sheets. Basically generate an invoice number on the sheet when copied from a templete or at print time ...

calculate dates #2
I am trying to create an application to calculate a date that is 2 weeks from today but I never want the date to be a weekend or holiday. The results I want to run on someones desktop without them having to do anything. Any thoughts? Use =WORKDAY(TODAY(),14) WORKDAY is part of the Analysis Toolpak add-in, so you may to install that -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "kevin.raway@lifefitness.com" <kevinrawaylifefitnesscom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A790A02C-0A02-42F0-9684-719436798CD6@microsoft.com... > I a...

CRM 1.0 XML import to CRM 1.2
Does anyone know how to import a CRM 1.0 XML into the CRM 1.2 env? The deployment manager rejects the 1.0 XML file during the import process - ERROR: does not match version of the database. So is there anyway work around this? Gues I could modify the XML version but.... Tony, From what I've heard from others, there are differences in how the content of the files are structured, so you can't really do what you are trying. Your best bet is to upgrade the install and then export the customizations to create a new XML file. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:43:52 -0800, "Tony Nguyen&q...

Excel cell problem #2
I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for some reason, when I want to add or delete a cell in ANY column, I no longer have the option to shift cells up or down, it will only allow me to shift the entire row up or down. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here? I have some formulas set up to keep counts for me, nothing real special. Thanks in advance. -- Thanks Steve Have you applied Data|filter to that worksheet? Try data|filter|show all (to see everything) then try it out. Steve wrote: > > I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for so...

Log-log charts #2
Hi, I'm using Excel 2002 and am trying to create a simple log-log plot. Making the y-axis logarithmic is easy - it's a check-box option under Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog. But for the X axis the dialog does not have that option. My XY data is valid (all positive values). There's web sites that say you can do this (e.g. http://cstl-cst.semo.edu/venezian/Utilities/graphs.htm). Why doesn't my Excel support it??? Any help is appreciated. Walt Hi Walt, Sounds like your chart maybe a line chart (x-axis is category) instead of true xy scatter. Right click the chart...

counting rows depending on 2 selective values
Hi, well, I have lots of data and need to do some statistics on it. For that I need to count the number of rows "H" where a string value "X" is written but only if these rows also have cell which is NOT empty in column "E"... the if stuff drives me crazy (especially as i have a spanish version...) any help appreciated :) -- Acid-Sky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Acid-Sky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thr...

Automatic Categorization #2
I am new to Money 2007 Deluxe. I've gotten all of my accounts set up and downloading properly and noticed that Money will automatically try to assign a category to transactions in my checking account register. (ie a checkcard at McDonalds is put in the "Dinig Out" category) Is there a way to set this up for the ones it misses and then have it process all entries in the register with that information? Specifically I have a place that I do a lot of business with that will show as "CHECKCARD" + 4 digit date + payee. I would like them all to come in as just the payee and ...

Excel 2003 Upgrade
If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality of Excel, or just an upgraded Works spreadsheet program? I went to the Microsoft site, and it states that Works Suite 2004 qualifies for Excel 2003 upgrade eligibility, but I am not really sure what that means. Thanks. Steve ...

Firewire communication #2
Hi guys, I am trying to interact with a camera through firewire. I wrote a code based on the example given in MSDN. When I execute the code it always return the value 1 no matter whether the device is connected or disconnected. Please let me know what went wrong, i couldnt figure out the problem so for. Advanced Thanks - Mike My code is as follows. -------------------------------------- void CFireDlg::OnDeviceNotify() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CString cs; bool bDevInterResult=FALSE; HDEVNOTIFY *hdn=NULL; bDevInterResult = DoRegisterDevi...

Percentages #2
I need to set up a sheet whose columns will show red when cells between ..005 and 6.99, green when >=7 and white when 0. I used conditional formatting to achieve these results.<br><br> However, I also need a column that will take the number of green cells and determine what percentage they constitute of the total of red and green cells. I used COUNTIF and divided it by number of columns to arrive at percentage, but this is a rigid formula. I need a formula which calculates the percentage of green cells (>=7) but which adjusts according to the number of blank cells(0).&l...

Border Art #2
Whenever I try to use Border Art in Publisher 2002 I get a message telling me that Publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. I have tryied a repair of the installation and a complete reinstall, but it doesn't make any difference. Any suggestions please ...

Excell 2007 Dates and combining 2 cells
I have created a date in Excel with the format of 03/01/01 in the form of mm/dd/yy Sometimes it will display the date in the cell and sometimes it will display a 5 digit number. Also, even if it displays correctly in a cell when combining 2 cells (1 cell being the word date- and the other cell being the date as 03/01/01in the form of mm/dd/yy The combination will be the date and a six digit number. Example Date-16425. What do I need to do in these situations to that it will display the date correctly in one cell( 03/03/01) and display the date correctly in combined cells (Date- 03/...

COUNTIF using 2 ranges??
OK, here's the deal. I have a worksheet with about 500 rows of data, o each row has a unique ticket number, a type code (1-9) and a compan name (about 20 different companies) What I need to do is get th results for each company and each code. Therefor, the number o tickets that belong to company XYZ that have a code of 3 would b entered into one field. Then 4, 5, 6 etc. I have tried COUNTIF and array formulas but have has no success. I you have any ideas, please share. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Snickstx, a pivot table will give you what you are looking...

Reprint check remittance #2
I have a vendor requesting a copy of all of the check remittances we sent them last year. They apparently have some internal accounting problem and are following up on payments. What is the best way to get them this information? They want a list of invoices paid with each check. Thanks, John John, I don't believe there is a report like this already available in GP. Here is a SQL view I posted on my blog that will give you almost exactly what you're looking for: http://victoriayudin.com/2008/10/22/sql-view-ap-apply-in-gp/. You may just need to tweak it a little to get wh...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #2
Thanks Dave, this is almost exactly what I want! The only thing I nee in the module now is that when they try to delete a validated cell an the INVALID appears, I want the cursor to return to that cell to forc them to select from the list - at the moment they can continue leavin INVALID as the value. Perhaps a message box telling them what the have done wrong would also be useful? Thanks in advance Fuzz -- fuzzyfrea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fuzzyfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View thi...

copying or downloading clip art #2
Why can't I copy or download clip art? When I select an item my selection basket stays empty. Empty your cache, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files... Start here before you enter the clipart site, if you cannot download the ActiveX control then examine your security settings. http://office.microsoft.com/templates/axinstall.aspx You must be running Microsoft Windows´┐Ż 2000 (Service Pack 3) or any later version of Microsoft Windows. Note Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows ME do not support the ActiveX control. You need Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.01 or ...

IMS Redundancy #2
Hi all, I am using Exchange 5.5 in a Mail infrastructure consisting of 11 Exchange servers. One server, based in London, has the Internet Mail Service installed. How can I make this and also the site connectors, more redundant, without having to purchase another server or additional hardware for clustering type scenario. Regards Mohammed You can simply create additional site connectors between 2 different servers (one in each site). Your subject says IMS redundancy, so it you are actually meaning redundancy in your IMS, simply create an additional IMS. You sould also consider modifyin...

Setting up a paycheck, 401k account
I've got Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 and I've been spending the last few weeks inputting all of our financial data for the last year (all of 2005). For the most part I'm done and I'm really liking Money alot. I have been having some problems but those other problems will be the topic of another, later post. For now, I'm hoping I can get some help with properly setting up my paycheck's split transaction data and my associated 401k account. For each paycheck, I'm contributing 12% into my 401k and my employer is matching up to 3%. I have my paycheck set up wi...

Sorting Values #2
I would like to sort out a list of options. You can see me example at http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rtwCZLHXFwrJu-gj88zwQPg I don't know if this should be a function in the sheet or a macro. Pretty much want to look at and CONCATENATE the 1st 3 columns and drop out any duplicates. May results should look like cloumns G & H Diana http://people.tribe.net/littleredhairedgirl littleredhairedgirl wrote: > I would like to sort out a list of options. You can see me example at > http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rtwCZLHXFwrJu-gj88zwQPg > > I don't know if thi...

How can I reprint a couple pages of a banner in Publisher 2002 #2
I print a lot of banners and posters out of Microsoft Publisher 2002. Every once in awhile something happens and I need to "reprint" one or two pages or the huge banner or poster. This has been such a problem for me because I can't figure out how to make the program print just those one or two pages. I have read that you can "adjust" the rulers to make this happen, but have not been able to figure this out either with Publisher 2002. When I can't reprint one or two pages, I have to reprint the entire poster. This is a waste of ink and time. Please help ...

Macro Not Working #2
Guys, many thanks for your help and suggestion my Macro now working. Having said that the same code works on my home PC but for some strang reason not on my Works PC - very Odd !! Thanks again Rob ; -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26381 ...

error in excel #2
I when I try to open document in excel I keep getting a "cannot use object linking and embedding" error and I can't open the program. Any suggestions? Did this just start happening? If yes, were you hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) Je...