Sending e-mail with Windows Mail

I have created an e-mail newsletter in Publisher 2007 and want to send it to
my customers using my default e-mail program - Windows Mail. However when I
try to send it, Publisher tells me that Microsoft Outlook is not my default
mail client, do I want to change it. The answer is NO, I do not. But once I
choose the NO option it will not send at all. Everywhere I look says this
will work with Windows Mail, so why is Publisher so set on Outlook being my
default e-mail program? Is there a setting somewhere in Publisher that I need
to change?

Thanks!!
Leslie

0
lbeemer (9)

scratch that- the error I get reads "Either there is no default mail client
or the current mail client cannot fullfill the messaging request. Please run
Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

"lbeemer" wrote:

> I have created an e-mail newsletter in Publisher 2007 and want to send it to
> my customers using my default e-mail program - Windows Mail. However when I
> try to send it, Publisher tells me that Microsoft Outlook is not my default
> mail client, do I want to change it. The answer is NO, I do not. But once I
> choose the NO option it will not send at all. Everywhere I look says this
> will work with Windows Mail, so why is Publisher so set on Outlook being my
> default e-mail program? Is there a setting somewhere in Publisher that I need
> to change?
>
> Thanks!!
> Leslie

0
lbeemer (9)
9/6/2007 8:50:00 PM
In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, Set programs
button... Maybe by setting the default here will solve your problem.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"lbeemer" <lbeemer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> scratch that- the error I get reads "Either there is no default mail client
> or the current mail client cannot fullfill the messaging request. Please run
> Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.
>
> "lbeemer" wrote:
>
>> I have created an e-mail newsletter in Publisher 2007 and want to send it to
>> my customers using my default e-mail program - Windows Mail. However when I
>> try to send it, Publisher tells me that Microsoft Outlook is not my default
>> mail client, do I want to change it. The answer is NO, I do not. But once I
>> choose the NO option it will not send at all. Everywhere I look says this
>> will work with Windows Mail, so why is Publisher so set on Outlook being my
>> default e-mail program? Is there a setting somewhere in Publisher that I need
>> to change?
>>
>> Thanks!!
>> Leslie

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/6/2007 9:54:30 PM
Yeah, I tried that. It did not work.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, Set programs
> button... Maybe by setting the default here will solve your problem.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "lbeemer" <lbeemer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > scratch that- the error I get reads "Either there is no default mail client
> > or the current mail client cannot fullfill the messaging request. Please run
> > Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.
> >
> > "lbeemer" wrote:
> >
> >> I have created an e-mail newsletter in Publisher 2007 and want to send it to
> >> my customers using my default e-mail program - Windows Mail. However when I
> >> try to send it, Publisher tells me that Microsoft Outlook is not my default
> >> mail client, do I want to change it. The answer is NO, I do not. But once I
> >> choose the NO option it will not send at all. Everywhere I look says this
> >> will work with Windows Mail, so why is Publisher so set on Outlook being my
> >> default e-mail program? Is there a setting somewhere in Publisher that I need
> >> to change?
> >>
> >> Thanks!!
> >> Leslie

0
lbeemer (9)
9/7/2007 1:56:05 PM
You are going to get better answers or maybe a solution in an Outlook group or
maybe a Vista newsgroup.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Yeah, I tried that. It did not work.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, Set programs
>> button... Maybe by setting the default here will solve your problem.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "lbeemer" <lbeemer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > scratch that- the error I get reads "Either there is no default mail client
>> > or the current mail client cannot fullfill the messaging request. Please
>> > run
>> > Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/7/2007 2:07:11 PM
First, Are you sure that all customers have Publisher installed? If they
don't, they can't read it. There are no viewers. Best to create a pdf and
attach that. Your formatting will be true. No pdf writer, PrimoPDF is
available free at http://www.primopdf.com
Good luck.
"lbeemer" <lbeemer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, I tried that. It did not work.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, Set programs
>> button... Maybe by setting the default here will solve your problem.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "lbeemer" <lbeemer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > scratch that- the error I get reads "Either there is no default mail
>> > client
>> > or the current mail client cannot fullfill the messaging request.
>> > Please run
>> > Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

0
Anthemwebs (309)

Send Receive Error #3
5:41 PM 10/8/2007 Microsoft Outlook 2003 stopped sending email. (I receive email messages just fine.) After I choose to send messages from the menu, the program attempts to send a message for � 30 seconds; then I get an error message:"Send Receive Error -- Click Here for Details". Then the error message disappears after about � second -- I cannot get details. How can I fix Outlook? Thank you, Barry Karas P.S. I have Windows XP with SP2. ...

mail queues growing in the Local Delivery Queue on Exchange 2003 sp2
Hi there, If anyone can help me, it would be so good. I have problems with the queues being slowly processed in the local delivery queue very slowly. I have disabled groupshield and AV on access scanning, but the queues are still growing. Anyone seen this issue before? Thank you in advance Brian Hi Brian, Are you anti-virus software scanning the file system where the databases and log files for exchange are? You said that you have disabled the Anti-virus but have you restarted the box where exchange is running? "bodri" wrote: > Hi there, > If anyone can help me, it wo...

Resize chart automatically when window size changes?
I have a chart, created by another, that changes size automatically when I expand or shrink the Excel window. He can't remember how he did this, and I would like to duplicate this feature on other charts. Can't find anything in documentation or on-line. May not be using correct "Microsoft speak." Thanks This works only on chart sheets. Select the chart, go to Tools menu > Options > Chart tab. Find and check Chart Sized with Window Frame. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "XYMooseHun...

Sending large attachments is a problem
In 2002 when I send large attachments they never disappear from my Outbox. Because of that they keep getting send over and over again. Any ideas as to what is going on? Define large. Are you allowed to snd messages that big by your ISP? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "brian" <brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DA69CAD-9790-4E31-8996-2E5859A81EDD@microsoft.com... > In 2002 when I send large attachments they ...

Unable to send mail or reply
Hi there I'm in dire straits, When I try to send a new mail message or reply to mail using the "reply" button I get this message: "the message could not be sent because one of the receipients was rejected by the server.Server responce 550 relaying mail to........is not allowed. Error number 0 x 800 ccc79" Please help I am a computer idiot. Kind regards, Ben does your server require authentication to send? are you using the SMTP server provided by your sip? many force you to use theirs. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Ho...

can I put Outlook Express on with Windows 7
I hate this Windows Live Email I have a lot of folders in my Outlook Express on my old computer, it worked so nice. Can move them where I want, set up message rules, it worked slick. With this Live one I can't do anything in it. My folders keep disappearing, message rules don't work right mainly because they keep disappearing. I have 2 email accounts so it seperates them, then there's sent, drafts, deleted etc in them. Then there's local folders with the same stuff in them. It's so messy and non user friendly. Is there a way to get rid of the crap I...

Outlook 2007 trying to send an email that does not exist
Hi Outlook is stuck trying to send a message (1 of 1) that does not exist in my Outbox. I have tried using OutlookSpy to delete any read receipts but there are none. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook with no luck. I have tried to create a new PST, set it as default and delete the Outbox in the original PST but the delete option was ghosted. This is becoming very frustrating as although I am able to send other mails they take a very long time to go. Any help would be much appreciated. Does the problem go away when you set the new pst as default? -- Dia...

Windows 7 "Blue Screen" Issue
Below is the configuration of my Dell laptop: MS Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit Intel Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M Each time I power the machine after hibernation, I encounter a blue screen with the following error message: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Unexpected shutdown ... I tried to do some troubleshooting and removed a Cisco VPN client program that had not previously installed properly. During the removal of this program, I encountered another blue screen with the following message: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH .... At this stage, I am running the ma...

problem sending a mail
I am facing a bit strange problem we are running ms exhange 5.5 for mailing purpose on winnt server and we have isdn connection for connectivity. From a couple of dayS we were not able to send mail to rediffmail.com users only from any of the systems . but we are able to recv mails from rediffmail.com site. this prob is particullary with rediffmail.com site pls do reply to my id avd_hawk@hotmail.com Can you manually connect to rediffmail.com via telnet on 25 and send a message? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "...

Export user mail-accaunts
Hi How can I export mail addresses of all our users and distribution lists that are listed in AD? If I use 'export' optios I only get user's accaunt but now e-mail address? Thanks Regards Miha Use LDIFDE to dump the various attributes. For example: ldifde -f dump.ldf -l proxyaddresses will dump the 'proxyaddresses' attribute for all users. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message news:Owu2ijD6EHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > &g...

OT mail merge
Hi everybody. Remember my party invitations, that I finally had to print using Powerpoint? Well, now I have to make place cards. :-) What is the best way for me to do this? Should I set up a mail merge? I have the names in Excel and can import them into Access. Or I can use Word, or of course Publisher. (Office 97, Publisher 2002) Appreciate your thoughts on which application to use. Thanks a lot. Erika Mail merge will work in any of the programs you mentioned. My favorite is Access because I am Excel deficient. I do use Excel for some projects, but only when folks bring an Excel data...

Mail Box & System Attendent
Hi, In our Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 environment, whenever I create a new user, it is not creating thenE-mail address, I found that if I stop the MTA and information store, and start again, everything looks good Please help me if you have any other solution Thanks Are you noticing any MSExchangeAL 8331 errors logged to your Windows Application event log? There's a knowledge base article about this on the Microsoft site at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;837444. -- Take the ?'s out of resource management ERM 1.3 - http://www.swinc.com/erm ...

Receive immediate NDR when sending email from OL2002
Updated W2K Pro via the update site. Upgraded to IE6. After reboot, am unable to send email. Recive an immediate NDR. The NDR gives no error message. The event viewer also has no errors. Am able to PING the POP3 sever and the SMTP server. When in services and we test the email account, all goes well until it tries to send mail. That is the only failure. The error states to check the email address field. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dale Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPMLog.log file (prefera...

Outlook 2K3 install kills "Mail" app
I recently updated my machine from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. After the install the "Mail" application in the control panel (that allows modification of a profile) does not work anymore. It says that there are no more system resources and I should close some programs. In fact there is nothing else running, and I have 384 megs of memory so I really don't that that is the problem. Any ideas on how to get this working again? What OS do you have and can you right click on the outlook icon on the start menu or desktop to access Properties - which should open the mail applet...

Error sending meeting request in outlook.....HELP
Running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 server. This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-0x80004005-0x000501]. Any help is appreciated. Thanks On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:03:13 -0500, "Christi" <chess@nospam.gibraltardesign.com> wrote: >Running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 server. > >This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or >contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is >[0x80004005-0x8000...

Windows 2003: Dynamic Filename for Backup Name
Hi, I am looking to schedule a regular backup in Win 2003 using the default backup utility. I would like the name of the backup file to be dynamic, with a date and time stamp. Date is more important than time; If I can get a filename with the date, but without a timestamp, that is fine. For example, today's backup should be Feb_11_2010_6PM_File_Backup, though Feb_11_2010_File_backup will do. Next week's today be Feb_11_2010_5_59PM_File_Backup, etc.. The specific date and timestamp format is not important to me. I am hoping that I can specify a filename such as &l...

e-mail error will not send
i have a problem with my e-mail, it says: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.dc1.adelphia.net', Server: 'pop3.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E i'm not sure what to do, please help me When you have Norton Antivirus to scan every incoming e- mail it will change your pop3 server configuration to pop3.norton.antivirus when that's not really your mail server. Go to the Tools Menu, E-mail Accounts, View or Change E- mail Accounts, Select the default e-mail account and cli...

Move mail to Inbox Folder
I have archived outlook mail in our File Server with extension of .msg. How do i move this .msg file to Inbox again. Thanks in advance!!! -- RajeshDavid "RajeshDavid" <RajeshDavid.5a61cb5@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:RajeshDavid.5a61cb5@outlookbanter.com... > I have archived outlook mail in our File Server with extension of .msg. An MSG file is not an archive. > How do i move this .msg file to Inbox again. Open the Windows folder containing it, click it, and drag it back to your Outlook Inbox. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook...

hot corner: all windows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel hello - i use the hot corner "all windows" shortcut a lot for school, as i generally have multiple word documents, mozilla, pdfs, etc all open at the same time. when "all windows" are shown, i can scroll over my open windows and see the file or program names of all of these windows. for example, when i scroll over firefox, it says "gmail"..scroll over finder and it says "lecture notes"...but the problem is now (i think after my word 2008 update) i can no longer see the file names o...

Case Mail Merge
Hello, I am trying to create a mail merge activity on the case entity. However, I do not see case as one of the entities available both in outlook and web mail merge within CRM. Please let me know if there is a way to enable case entity to support mail merge. Thanks! This not available "out-of-the-box" but you can enabling this feature by manually editing the customization file. Export the customization for the case. Edit the file and add the following line under the <entityinfo Name="Incident">: <IsMailMergeEnabled>1</IsMailMergeEnabled> Save yo...

Windows Sever 2003 STD
Our Windows Server 2003 STD has a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H553A drive. Problem, it will not recognize DVDs. Has no problem with CDs. If I mount blank DVD, I cannot even look at it which I CAN do on a Desktop PC. Keeps asking me to mount a CD. I cannot write to a DVD using NERO or any other method. The system is acting as if it does not know that the TS-H553A is a DVD Recorder, thinks it's a CD drive. I think it's a Registry problem? Need to setting to make Win2003 see a DVD drive? -- ======== Tecknomage ======== Computer Systems Specialist IT Technicia...

REPOST: Unable to recieve mail on second SMTP address. Relay error
I have a single SBS2003 running Exchange. We want to host an additional SMTP domain (blackstonecanmore.ca). I have update the MX record and www.dnsreport.com says everything in the Internet DNS setup is correct. The problem now is I'm getting "Unable to Relay" bounce back messages when sending mail to this secondary domain. I have added the domain name to the recipient policy, the "This Exchange server..." is checked on and I've updated all of the AD user accounts. I've also restarted all of the Exchange services. I can send mail internally to that SMTP...

How do I block Outlook from sending a certian file type?
We have an outdated database that is hard coded to send .DBF files to Outlook. There is no way to prevent them from landing in Outlook. We need to figure out how to tell outlook to send the message anyway, but without the .DBF attachments. Any help? techsupport@crownservices.com <techsupport@crownservices.com> wrote: > We have an outdated database that is hard coded to send .DBF files to > Outlook. There is no way to prevent them from landing in Outlook. Create a rule that deletes messages from the address sending them. > We need to figure out how to tell outlook to send t...

Send an email
I'm actualy using Visual Basic for Applications in Access 2000 Windows XP [Tried the access group and only got the reply (buy) and use our smtp server] [I am used to including and using some Windows API calls] I would like to send and email messages directly from vb code without first installing a third party smtp server. I use OutlookExpress for normal emails BUT my users may not! I simply want to bypass any installed general mail application installed and not effect it any way. ?? pointers ?? ?? example soluntions ?? -- Jim Bunton This is a multi-part mes...

can't send emails 06-05-10
The connection to the server has failed. Subject '10 Golden Pine - amendment to change closing date', Account: 'EMC', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E That server can't handle port 465. Try changing the incoming port to = 110. If no improvement, change to the AT&T/Yahoo settings given here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=3DKB401738 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Patsy" wrote in message = news:77E030CE-B95C-4D4C-BDA6-76EFA0...