Selecting Text Box

Is there a keyboard command that one can use with the
mouse to select the text box (frame) rather than trigger
the Edit Text mode?

When there are many objects on the page, getting the mouse
to click on the right frame can be a real problem. But if
the cursor is in the right box, some keyboard command
(with or without the mouse) should help select the right
object.

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

Formula to filter out duplicate text data in a column
I need a formula to remove duplicate text data that appears in one column. Hi Kim for lots of ideas on working with duplicates check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Regards JulieD "Kim Duffy" <KimDuffy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28A78E17-4691-402D-BDCD-7FAD6C36E086@microsoft.com... >I need a formula to remove duplicate text data that appears in one column. > > Hi Kim, Since you were interested in two columns, you already have your answer from Julie in Duplicate And Unique Items In Lists http://www.cpearson.com/excel/...

Macro to Exit Worksheet when vbNo selected
Hi, I have a straightforward msgBox that starts when a worksheet is opened. It has vbYesNo Is there any code that I can put into or assign to the No buton that will close the worksheet without saving anything, including the prompt for 'Do you want to Save Changes' msg that normally comes up when closing. Bottom line...if Yes, then we continue with input....if No then close (exit) immediately Thanks Craig The following code will open a Msgbox and if the user chooses No, the workbook will close without saving any changes. Dim Res As VbMsgBoxResult Res = MsgB...

about algiment text without boarder ?
hi I would like to write a label in cell then rotate it without rotate the boarder lines of cell ? the boarder must be fixed but the text in cell be rotate for example in 45" ? best Hassan, With you curser clicked on the cell with the text, go to the standard toolbar and click on Format -> Cells. In the Format Cells dialog box go to the alignment tab. The Orientation option will allow you to rotate your text. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "hassan barjini" wrote: > hi > I would like to write a label in cell then rotate it without rotate ...

filter query based on single column list box
Thanks for taking the time to read my question. I want to filter this query by the values in my single column list box. I made this function to create the string, but the query doesn't like it. If I paste the string that the function returns into the criteria line the query works. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Brad SQL: SELECT tblPeripheral.Type, tblPeripheral.Location, tblPeripheral.[Serial Number], tblPeripheral.Model, tblPeripheral.Brand, tblPeripheral.[Model 2], ExportPeripheralInfo() AS Expr1 FROM tblPeripheral WHERE (((tblPeripheral.Type)=ExportPeripheralInfo())); Func...

Can't edit email subject line or text in Windows Mail??
-- I can't edit email subject line or text in Windows Mail without resending it to myself. I used to have this functionality in Outlook Express [ Windows XP ]. I like to change the subject line to something more reflective of the contents of the email for when I save it in a folder. Also, many times there is a lot of junk in the body text of the email which I like to reduce to only the relevant info. In XP I could hit "edit message" in EDIT and I could change as necessary. Can someone tell me how to make changes to the Windows Mail system to allow this functionalit...

Preferred way to select IDs of duplicate rows
Hello, My table contains PK field ptID and nonunique nvarchar data field ptValue. Time to time I'd need to consolidate the duplicate values that have aggregated there over time. It's easy to select them: SELECT MAX(ptID), ptValue, COUNT(ptID) FROM PropertiesTxt GROUP BY ptValue HAVING COUNT(ptID)>1 Now, I'd like to have a list of ptID values that have those duplicate data. What I do now, is SELECT ptID FROM PropertiesTxt WHERE ptValue IN ( SELECT ptValue FROM PropertiesTxt GROUP BY ptValue HAVING COUNT(ptID)...

to find the repetitve text from a column.
JANUARY -44 JUNE - 20 FEBRUARY - 37 DECEMBER - 56 JUNE - 96 JUNE - 56 SEPTEMBER - 46 OCTOBER - 15 NOVEMBER - 87 DECEMBER - 66 DECEMBER - 12 dear All, i have this data in 2 columns and I want to show automatically in one cell as 'december' and in the next cell the total of december (134). please help me to sort out this. thanks in advance. Use the SUMIF function. Regards. Daniel > JANUARY -44 > JUNE - 20 > FEBRUARY - 37 > DECEMBER - 56 > JUNE - 96 > JUNE - 56 > SEPTEMBER - 46 > OCTOBER - 15 > NOVEMBER - 87 > DECEMBER - 6...

IF statement with combo boxes
I want to add an IF statement to a cell so that when a certain phrase is typed in, it will use different named ranges. Example, if I type in the word Calendar to B5, then the 12 month calendar list will be showing in the combo box in B6. If I then type in Fiscal in B5, then the fiscal year calendar list will show in the combo box in B6 (end example). Is this possible? I have four different potential named ranges that could be displayed in B6 if B5 contains one of the key words to make it appear. Debbie, Here is some VBA to do it. Put all of this code into the worksheet code module. Make s...

text box #3
How do I draw or show the lines around the text box that I added to the chart? -- Tina Click within the text box and then hover your curser over the edge of the box. When you see that the tip of your curser has 4 arrows are 90 degree angles to each other, right-click on your mouse and choose Format Text Box -> Colors and Lines. The line options should be at the middle of the dialog box. -- John "Tina" wrote: > How do I draw or show the lines around the text box that I added to the chart? > -- > Tina ...

Insert a hyperlink as the text in the cell?
If I have cells A1-A5 as these IP addresses: http://12.23.34.11 http://12.23.34.12 http://12.23.34.13 http://12.23.34.14 http://12.23.34.15 and they are not hyperlinks yet, is there a way to get Excel to insert a hyperlink where the hyperlink will automatically point to the contents of the cell itself ie. the hyperlink in cell A1 should "http://12.23.34.11" and so on? I know you can do this manually, but the automatic option would save a LOT of time. Thanks, Alain In B1 enter: =HYPERLINK(A1,A1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 ...

Automatic Text Labels in Charts
Hi folks, I need to call upon the experts here for a problem that has left me scratching my head. I have opened an existing Excel file that has a line chart with 3 data series and is plotted by date on the X axis. The originator of the chart has accessed Data Labels for one of the data series, which allows text input at that line - and can be a different value (or blank) for each data point in the series. The Format Data Series Window - Data Labels tab shows the box "Automatic Text" selected for this series. I need to do a the same thing in a new Excel file, but when...

Maintaining a form open when selecting a cell
Hello, I'm using a Vb6 form in an Excel application. The problem is that the VB6 compiled form minimizes automatically when selecting a cell in the active sheet Is there a possibility to maintain the form visible on the screen Thanks Avi ...

reading text file data
I have the folowing code I snippet to open and read an existing txt file to a char string. FILE *in, *out; char gro[10000]; CString Tpath = "C:\\temp1\\"; Tpath += "template.gro"; in=fopen(Tpath, "rt"); fread (gro, 6159, 1, in); fclose (in); I have the following code to write the same file data to a different name. CString Opath = "C:\\temp2\\"; Opath += "1.gro"; out=fopen(Opath, "wt"); fwrite (gro, 6159, 1, out); fclose (out); For some reason the saved file is more than 6159 bytes and the extra data is j...

Legnth of text in textbox control
I would like to create a macro that: creates a textbox fills the textbox with the text in "A1". Allows the user to add or edit text in the textbox Then when exiting the textbox: copy the text from the textbox back to "A1" the following macro seems to work ok - except for one problem - i there is a lot of text in "A1" it won't copy it all into the textbox. Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Dim testtext WksText = Range("A1").Text TextBox1.Text = WksText TextBox1.AutoSize = False TextBox1.WordWrap = True TextBox1.ScrollBars = 2 TextBox1.MultiLi...

Cut/Paste graphics & text from Powerpoint to Word

Failed in installing CRM 3.0 server:unknown full-text failure
Hi, i try to install CRM 3.0 server on win 2k3, sql2000 sp4. Everything is in a single machine. I'm using the trial lisence key. After passing the checklists, in the end of installation, it said MS CRM 3.0 server setup failed This is the errors in the log file: 17:05:47| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An unknown full-text failure (8007007e) occurred in function EnumCatalogs on full-text catalog ''. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at M...

OwnerDraw CEdit Box?
I have a dialog app that I am creating. I have multiple CEdit controls initially disabled, until the user hits an 'Edit' button. However, by default, the disabled state is lt gray background/gray text. I'd like to change the text to Black, to make the fields easier to read in the non-editable state. Any advice is appreciated! -- Thanks, Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE In general, you should not do an owner draw edit control. If you want to change the color of a disabled edit control, handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC to change its color. Here is sample code which will be hel...

text box on a chart can't be copied
Excel 2003 I have a regular clustered column chart that shows compliance on turning in forms. Each manager is supposed to turn in 4 audit forms each month (with an optional 5th week). Each form has 5 audits on it so that's 5 audits from each manager each week. I have a little chart that shows how many they turn in each week with a horozontal line for the goal (240 for the month) on the left side of the chart I have 5 text boxes: week 1, week 2, etc It looks great and is easy to see at a glance who has turned in what they should when they should. the problem is that I copy the char...

Formatting Text to Numbers for Dates
I'm currently working with a column of dates. Some of the dates are text and some are numbers. The dates are in the following format 21/6/210 or 4/12/2013 (date/month/year). I used =isnumber() to verify cells. Half of the coulmn resulted in false values. I'm unable to format the dates to other formats, since some are text. Is there anyway to change the column so that all dates are numbers vs. text, thus allowing me to format them to other date formats??? Try running them through Data>Text to Columns with column data format set to date format of your choice. ...

Field exports to Excel should retain number type and not be text.
When exporting data to Excel from Microsoft CRM some field types (example Money) should retain a number format during the export and not be changed to a text value. This would help when using Excel for totaling columns, or in getting dynamic pivot tables to calculate correctly when inserting column fields. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

Flat (2D) Combo Box
Does anyone know a nice, clean easy way of getting combo boxes to be flat instead of 3D? A search on the Web showed that this is a well-known problem, but I couldn't find a nice solution to it. All other controls can be made 2D by using CreateEx to create them and then just not setting WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE as extended style. But that doesn't work with combo boxes because apparently it is the contained edit control, whose styles you have no access to, that is creating the 3D look. I did think of trying to get at the contained edit control to change its style. Does this work? Is...

Automatic text insertion
When looking at the Publisher File canned "Post Cards" design format, if you type your name and address details on one side, it is automatically entered as the return address on side 2. I would like to set this feature up on a personally designed format file I am working on so I can type a special 4 digit number on one page and have it auto insert into one or two other boxes on other pages in the same document. Despite searching the HELP menu, I cannot find a terminology for this nor can I figure out how to do it. Can anyone help? -- Bonnie This workaround may not appeal...

import delimited text file into mulitple excel sheets
How do you import a delimited text file (about 150,000 lines) int mulitple excel worksheets. My excel sheet is limited to 65,000 lines -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may have a look at the following macro http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596 though written for Excel 95 the changes for Excel97+ are indicated -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > How do you import a delimited text file (about 150,000 lines) into > mulitple excel worksheets. My excel sheet is limited to 65,000 lines. > > > --- > Message posted fr...

How to select which user account gets mail sent/received?
Unlike Outlook Express where there is a choice to say a particular user's email account should not be checked when the program sends and receives mail, I can't find anywhere to do the same thing in Outlook 2003 which I just installed. I have two users on this notebook computer, my wife and I, and I don't want Outlook to be sending or receiving my email on this computer because normally I use a different computer to get my email. However, I like the fact that in Outlook Express all of the connect and ID and password information can stay there for my account but just not ...

Text to Columns Macro
Have a large spreadsheet, approximately 1000lines, exported from pdf to xml, then merged from multiple files using Ron deBruin RDBMerge Add-in (thanks, good macro, easy to use) - every third row is a some unformatted data in approx. 5 lines. I want to convert this to columns; I can do this manually by using text to column BUT - a) it is time consuming and I'd prefer to do it by macro; and b) after about 50 or so iterations, the Text to Column Wizard LOSES something, and says it is delimited instead of fixed column, and if I click fixed column, it loses the columns and I am expected ...