scrolling through a document in Publisher 2003

Why can't I scroll within my document with my mouse?  I can scroll if the
mouse is anywhere in the borders, toolbars, or scrollbars - or if i hold down
the shift button, but I can't scroll within the document!!  Publisher 2000,
word 2003, and my friend's copy of publisher 2003 scrolls within the document
- why can't I???  Any guidance would be appreciated :-)
0
Vicki (34)

Your issue is with your hardware, not Publisher.
Do you have this issue with all Publisher files?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"vicki" <vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why can't I scroll within my document with my mouse?  I can scroll if the
> mouse is anywhere in the borders, toolbars, or scrollbars - or if i hold down
> the shift button, but I can't scroll within the document!!  Publisher 2000,
> word 2003, and my friend's copy of publisher 2003 scrolls within the document
> - why can't I???  Any guidance would be appreciated :-)

0
mary.sauer (2018)
2/1/2009 12:17:08 PM
I tried closing the document and reopening it....for some reason the
scrolling now works.  It has happened frequently in the past with all the
documents I've created in publisher 2003.  It doesn't happen, ever, in any
other office product - word 2003 or 2000, or publisher 2000, so I'm not sure
why it happens or what causes it.  Do you have any ideas?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Your issue is with your hardware, not Publisher.
> Do you have this issue with all Publisher files?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "vicki" <vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Why can't I scroll within my document with my mouse?  I can scroll if the
> > mouse is anywhere in the borders, toolbars, or scrollbars - or if i hold down
> > the shift button, but I can't scroll within the document!!  Publisher 2000,
> > word 2003, and my friend's copy of publisher 2003 scrolls within the document
> > - why can't I???  Any guidance would be appreciated :-)

0
Vicki (34)
2/1/2009 5:55:02 PM
I'd take a look at my video driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and see if
there is an updated driver.
Right-click the desktop, properties, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot. Slide the
acceleration down a few notches. If the scroll behaves then you can be certain
your driver needs an update.

 Are you using a laptop?

--

>I tried closing the document and reopening it....for some reason the
> scrolling now works.  It has happened frequently in the past with all the
> documents I've created in publisher 2003.  It doesn't happen, ever, in any
> other office product - word 2003 or 2000, or publisher 2000, so I'm not sure
> why it happens or what causes it.  Do you have any ideas?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Your issue is with your hardware, not Publisher.
>> Do you have this issue with all Publisher files?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "vicki" <vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Why can't I scroll within my document with my mouse?  I can scroll if the
>> > mouse is anywhere in the borders, toolbars, or scrollbars - or if i hold
>> > down
>> > the shift button, but I can't scroll within the document!!  Publisher 2000,
>> > word 2003, and my friend's copy of publisher 2003 scrolls within the
>> > document
>> > - why can't I???  Any guidance would be appreciated :-)

0
mary.sauer (2018)
2/1/2009 11:09:06 PM
I checked to see if my driver needed updating and it said it was the most
current, so that's not the problem.  I also opened a couple of publisherr
2003 documents and the y seem to be scrolling alirght.  The problem occurs
frequently, but not all the time.  I am working on a laptop...?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I'd take a look at my video driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and see if
> there is an updated driver.
> Right-click the desktop, properties, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot. Slide the
> acceleration down a few notches. If the scroll behaves then you can be certain
> your driver needs an update.
>
>  Are you using a laptop?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "vicki" <vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried closing the document and reopening it....for some reason the
> > scrolling now works.  It has happened frequently in the past with all the
> > documents I've created in publisher 2003.  It doesn't happen, ever, in any
> > other office product - word 2003 or 2000, or publisher 2000, so I'm not sure
> > why it happens or what causes it.  Do you have any ideas?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Your issue is with your hardware, not Publisher.
> >> Do you have this issue with all Publisher files?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "vicki" <vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Vicki (34)
2/2/2009 1:47:00 AM
You could try a different mouse, disable the laptop device.

--

>I checked to see if my driver needed updating and it said it was the most
> current, so that's not the problem.  I also opened a couple of publisherr
> 2003 documents and the y seem to be scrolling alirght.  The problem occurs
> frequently, but not all the time.  I am working on a laptop...?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I'd take a look at my video driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and see
>> if
>> there is an updated driver.
>> Right-click the desktop, properties, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot. Slide
>> the
>> acceleration down a few notches. If the scroll behaves then you can be
>> certain
>> your driver needs an update.
>>
>>  Are you using a laptop?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "vicki" <vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I tried closing the document and reopening it....for some reason the
>> > scrolling now works.  It has happened frequently in the past with all the
>> > documents I've created in publisher 2003.  It doesn't happen, ever, in any
>> > other office product - word 2003 or 2000, or publisher 2000, so I'm not
>> > sure
>> > why it happens or what causes it.  Do you have any ideas?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

Outlook 2003 attachments.
When an email comes in with say a word attachment, i go to open the attachment the only option i get is 'save to disk' or cancel. It gives a message saying that this file might contain a virus etc. etc. This happens with all attachments. How can i change it so there is a open button also. The pc is windows 2000 sp 4 with Office 2003. Regards ...

publisher 2003 #38
Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ?? That could be a multitude of things. And I'd even guess that most are not Office related. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "zed" wrote: > Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 > and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , > opening "my c...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Publisher 2003 & IE 8
I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003. Lately people using IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom. People using Chrome are just fine. Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 & Publisher 2003? There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to these issues and a Service Patch that has been issue...

Creating a template using Publisher

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Move pages from document to document?

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

Copying Publisher from One computer to another
I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What should I do? You can't, you have to install it from the CD. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jasmin" <Jasmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB558F1-525D-47BD-A54B-BC62C410D79E@microsoft.com... |I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't | seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What | shoul...

Exchange 2003 environment
Hello, I have one Windows 2000 server as a domain controller running Exchange 2000. Is it possible to do an upgrade of exchange only to Exchange 2003 but leave Windows on 2000? or will I need to upgrade windows to 2003 as well? From what I have read it looks as if Exchange 2003 will run in a Windows 2000 domain but I just want word from someone who has some experience. Thanks, Chris DeFreitas Yes you can upgrade to Exchange 2003 without upgrading to Windows 2003 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Chris DeFreitas" <chris@N...

Outlook 2003 process doesn't shut down on closing
Hello, When I close down Outlook 2003 SP3, the outlook process continues to run and the Outlook icon remains in the Taskbar. Windows XP Pro SP2 fully patched. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve Do not multi-post. See your answer in m.p.office.misc. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Maincat asked: | Hello, |=20 | When I close down Outlook 2003 SP3, the outlook process continues to | run and the Outlook icon remains in the Taskbar. Windows XP Pro SP2 | fully patched.=20 |=20 | Any ideas? |=20 | Thank...

Exchange 2003: Missing emails
Hello, Strange problem, not sure if anyone else experiencing: We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 SP4. A manager came to me and asked where some files had gone in their folders. I checked through their mailbox, and sure enough the emails that had been filed away were missing. Checking through the backups, the email was last in the folder about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how i would audit what has happened here? i am not asking what has happened to these emails, but moreso who has accessed this mailbox, and when, in the last 2 weeks, thanks in advance John- Did your...

Halfway through my publisher document the text starts scrambling
I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it prints out eht. HELP!! Might try an updated printer driver. What version Publisher are you using? What printer? What version Windows? Canon has issues with Publisher 98 and Windows 98 How to troubleshoot text printing (inkjet printers) in Publisher 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198258&Product=pub PUB2000: Troubleshooting Text Printing (Laser Printers) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198...