Says printer not installed - Pub. 03

I'm using publisher 2003 on Windows 2000.  When I try to
print or use print preview I get the following message:

"To print or preview a publication, at least one printer
must be installed on the system."

It tells me a printer has not been installed on the system
if I try File to Print.  I do have a printer installed.
If I go into the printers folder and delete my printer,
then re-add it, my documents will print.  If I exit
Publisher and go back into it later, I would have to do
the same thing.

Anyone know how to fix this??

Thanks
0
lreyno917 (1)

Go to the manufacturer's web site and look for an upgraded driver.

If you think you have the correct driver, completely uninstall it, reboot and
reinstall. Read this article for more information.
How to clean up printer drivers

Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
"Lisa" <lreyno917@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using publisher 2003 on Windows 2000.  When I try to
> print or use print preview I get the following message:
>
> "To print or preview a publication, at least one printer
> must be installed on the system."
>
> It tells me a printer has not been installed on the system
> if I try File to Print.  I do have a printer installed.
> If I go into the printers folder and delete my printer,
> then re-add it, my documents will print.  If I exit
> Publisher and go back into it later, I would have to do
> the same thing.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this??
>
> Thanks

0
gsauer (5093)

Install that correction package from the MS Corporation
--hdjagxamhna Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kzxlnsvbmq"; type="multipart/alternative" --kzxlnsvbmq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qouwpfwqkslr" --qouwpfwqkslr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulne...

Freeze panes 03-02-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I would like to freeze all of Row 1 AND all of Column A. When I freeze one, then go to freeze the second, it will not let me. The only freeze option is to unfreeze panes? Can both be done at the same time? Select cell B2, then turn on Freeze Panes. You can't freeze columns & rows separately. The freeze applies to all rows above & all columns to the left of the selected cell when you turn it on. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/2/10 6:00 PM, in article 59bb3c03.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2a...

"create mscrm.sql" error on 3rd (re-)install
I have installed CRM 1.2 on SBS2K3 twice as "advetureworks cycle" and "msdn subscriber" with only 90% success because of conflicts on the web site. I have removed the conflicts but now CRM installer errors trying to create the new database as (default) local service. My login has SQLServer db_creator permissions and I can create a DB, so I'm totally confused. Can I workaround this somehow ? What login needs to be given db_creator rights so Install can run te SQL scripts ? Hi Marcus, have you deleate the complete the old date from AWC? Have you delete the ...

HP Printer
I know this is not the right newsgroup so maybe someone can point me to the right place. Windows 7, HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer. I downloaded the Windows 7 drivers from HP, trying to install, I get a dialog box showing the device is connected, and to wait while PnP finishes installing drivers. The progress bar has been allowed to cycle thru at least a half dozen times, but never finishes. Earl It would be better to seek help from HP at http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html#Support or if you are in the UK, at http://welcome.hp.com/country/uk/en/welcome.html...

Pub 2k
Have been forced to re-install Offcie 2000 Disk 2 ....However I keep getting following error: Error 1305: PFiles\Common\MSShared\Clipart\cagcat50\CA50.MMC Verify file exist (on cd) & that it can be accessed...Well...it's certainly there, but I can't get it to download...Found MS's Error fixes & supposedly re-did the cd rom drive configuration...I've not had any probs like this before...AND of course I'm on a dead-line for a web-site up-date that I need to get into Pub to do...Any & all suggestions appreciated...S After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on...

Word 2007 startup slow after installing Windows 7
Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? Do you have a printer installed? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Poul Erik" <Poul Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8832AE61-8707-439D-9761-D75C9AC6C1BC@microsoft.com... > Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? ...

Installation Error ... KB 935922
Hello, > Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service. > Currently the hotfix described in [935922]: [Windows SBS 2003] is > unavailable. > [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935922 ] How can I fix it now ?? Thank you Athan On Dec 27, 10:42=A0am, "Athan" <ath...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > > Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service. > > Currently the hotfix described in [935922]: [Windows SBS 2003] is > > unavailable. > > [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935922] > > How can I fix it now ?? > > Than...

Database will not open 03-24-10
Using Access 2003 under Windows XP. I know enough about Access to know I don't know enough. Unfortunately, the person who originally created this database has been sent to Afghanistan for a year, so I am trying to help out our end user. Database ends in .ade (I'm used to .mdb extension) and will not open. When the user doubleclicks on the document, Access tries (really hard) to open but then closes right back up. Does anyone have any suggestions? An ADE is the compiled version of an ADP (Access Data Project) which is a special front-end to a SQL-Server back-end. ...

Fonts in PUB 07 Trial disappeared after computer crashed
(I can't seem to post this under questions.) I was trying out PUB 07 to do a new brochure a few weeks ago. This week my system crashed. I reinstalled Pub 07 trial but when I pull up my brochure design, a majority of the fonts that I used to created it, such as Tekton, Hobo, and Chaucer are now listed as missing. Where O Where did they go? Thanks. -- MichelleO ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see ...

Pocket PC says I don't have Money installed when I do
I have money 2004 on my XP desktop. (I downloaded the evaluation copy) I have pocket pc 2002 on my pocket pc When I try to install Money for Pocket PC onto the pocket PC it says that I do not have Money installed. Anyone know how to get around this? Appreciate comments. Thanks. I'm not sure why this would happen, but you may want to go to the web and download the 2004 Pocket PC Money version. .. >-----Original Message----- >I have money 2004 on my XP desktop. (I downloaded the >evaluation copy) >I have pocket pc 2002 on my pocket pc >When I try to install Money fo...

Installing Office 2000 Pro
I just bought a new computer with Windows 7. I want to install my Office 2000, but it was purchased as an upgrade to an even older version. I have the registration code, but without a office piece already installed, it won't install Office 2000. How can i work around this since I really need this. -- Fran Fran wrote: > I just bought a new computer with Windows 7. I want to install my Office > 2000, but it was purchased as an upgrade to an even older version. I have > the registration code, but without a office piece already installed, it won't > insta...

printer server on domain controller on 2008 x
The server service was unable to map error code 1723.For some reason, the print servers on our one domain controller VSDCA keep going offline.. so i log into the server, i see under Print Management.. Print Servers.. that "VSDCA (local)" has a red arrow pointing down, implying it must be offline.. If i right click i dont have an option of bringing it back online, if i do a properties i get: Print Server Properties Server properties cannot be viewed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006bb). I took a look in the event log.. i dont see much pertaining t...

How to include printer driver?
Hello, I would like to connect a HP 6940 printer (with USB and Ethernet interface) to a WinCE6 device and print from PWord.exe. I added usb printer support to my image and connected the printer via USB, but I can't select a USB connection in the PWord dialog. How can I print over ethernet (my image doesn't include the generic printer driver (pcl.dll)). Is this needed for printing over network? How can I add it then? Thanks in advance. ...

Can you install Windows 7 inside of Virtual PC 2007?
I have started this but then Vista locks up on me about 40% into the extracting files options. I am trying this first to see how it looks and feels before I have to blow away my existing OS system. The installation process tells me that the Upgrade Option is not available for me. Thanks -- Thomas A. Todhunter CISSP; MCT; MCSA; MCP; Security+; Network+; A+; NCT This message is signed by a digital ID to both ensure it's authenticity and to allow encryption between users with digital ID's Certificates can be obtained free at: http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certif...

Outlook 2002 Installation Problem
I'm running Windows XP. When I try to install Outlook 2002 I get the following Error message during setup: Error 1402. Setup cannot open registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Exte nsions. Verify that you have sufficient permissions to access the registry or contact your computer manufacturer's support for Assistance. How can I avoid this so that I can get Outlook 2002 installed? ...

Page Break 03-10-10
I would like to hide/delete the visibility of a dotted lines (page break). Is it possible to hide those lines? And how to remove the page break. Any help is highly appreciated. :) To hide manual page breaks from view, make sure that nonprinting marks are not displayed; click the � button on the Home tab (Word 2007) or the Standard toolbar (Word 97-2003). To delete a manual page break, select it and press Delete. Automatic page breaks, on the other hand, cannot be deleted, and you can't hide them either. Note that in Print Layout view you can hide the white space betw...

Stocks with Low Price/Earnings Rratio
Stocks with Low Price/Earnings Rratio - 03/17/2006 For a list of stocks with Low Price/Earnings Rratio, in Dow 30, Nasdaq 100, S&P 100, S&P 400 and S&P 500 indices, please go to: http://www.investment-tools.com and then click on "Enter Reports Area" button. Access to reports area is free ...

Clean install
I want to do a clean install of all my software on my iMac. Can I use the same product key as when I first installed Office, or do I have to use a new one? You can use the same one. -- Barry Wainwright Microsoft MVP (see http://mvp.support.microsoft.com for details) Check out the Entourage User's WebLog for hints, tips and troubleshooting <http://homepage.mac.com/barryw/weblog/weblog.html> > From: Jerry <jerryromano@optonline.net> > Organization: http://groups.google.com > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: 3 Jul 2006 10:39:08 -0700 > Subject:...

Installing GP on Windows 7
Does anybody have any luck installing Dynamics GP 10 SP 4 on a Windows 7 Professional workstation? When doing the installation of Dynamics GP everything installs except the Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 9.0 I have attempted to download the client from here as well http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=df0ba5aa-b4bd-4705-aa0a-b477ba72a9cb&displaylang=en For what ever reason it will not install properly. Any assistance on this topic would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin FYI This Workstation is a Dell Vostro 2205 32 bit operating syste...

Pub 2003 Borderart Issue
Hi, I have a lapto running Vista and Norton Internet Security 2007. I have installed Office Professional 2003. I am using Publisher and wish to create a custom borderart. I pick the clipart file that I want and click ok, I then get the following error message "Publisher cannot open the file". I have run Microsoft update, installed SP2 for Office, run the update for Norton in case this was the problem, but now I am stumped! Any help or advice? Many thanks, Vickie Could be the clipart is too big to create the BorderArt. Resize the picture and try again. -- Mary Sau...

how do i install publisher2000
I have office xp installed and need to install only publisher from the office2000 disc but it will not allow me to. it gives an error message 1608. can someone please tell me how to install only publisher. GOOGLE is your friend. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? "cjg" <cjg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4A91E19-207A-4645-9CE4-D3FB4AC8F5F0@microsoft.com... >I have office xp installed and need to install only publisher from the > office2000 disc but it will not allow me to. it gives an error message > 1608. > can someone please tell me ...

launch outlook installer processes failed ....during setup
Hi, When i am trying to install MS CRM 3.0 on a computer , the set up fails . " Action Micrsoft crm.setup.client.installPST Action failed . launch outlook installer processes failed". If i look at the folders , i see one new folder " personal folder" and folders becomes double and triple when i try to re-install. is there anything i am missing in outlook setting ? thanks Aami In Past i installed on his computer with success. Yesterday he was having problem with crm menu ( CRM was online but menu was dim) and event log was saying he is not the right user . ...

Crystal reports installation help needed
Hi all, I was wondering about something. I have CR 10 Adv dev edition and am trying to intall the CRM enhancements for crystal reports. What I get when I install is a message saying I hav 9.2.0 installed and need to upgrade to 9.2.2 first. Does anyone know where I can get this upgrade or how to get it to work with CR 10 check out my link below which tells where to get 9.2.2 from. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Stephen" <win2kguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:280204ad.0409111219.14a6a64...

New window does not open after installation 3.0
I have having a strange problem. I just installed a fresh copy of 3.0 Pro and when I go on the url of the server, I can see the blue background for a second and then it tries to open a new browser then it closes both screens. From the server it self it works if I do http://localhost/. I have no clue what could be causing this or how to fix it. Anyone have suggestions? Disable any popup blockers you may have. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Karol" <Karol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:305FCB42-7DBB-4955-8602-703EF673C684@microsoft.com... I h...

Send Raw Data to a Printer
To print directly to a printer I have tried the solution: "HOWTO: Send Raw Data to a Printer by Using the Win32 API" http://support.microsoft.com/?id=138594 But nothing comes out on the printer! The "status box" (double-click on printer tray icon) shows the document for a second or so when RawPrint is executed, usually with status Spooling and occasionally with status Printing, but as mentioned nothing gets printed. The printer works OK when printing from notepad, word etc. The printer is a Canon S750 (I have named it CanonS750 in Windows), and it's connected with par...