Saving one page -- as Template?

Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future
editions.

Is there a method to save these pages for re-us?

Or must I save the entire publication as a Template?

Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file?
0
cuig (6)

Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in
> future
> editions.
>
> Is there a method to save these pages for re-us?
>
> Or must I save the entire publication as a Template?
>
> Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file?

0
jl_paules (2768)
2/24/2008 8:18:00 PM
Thanks.  I thought of that work-around but also thought there must be an
easier and cleaner way.

Guess there isn't

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in
> > future
> > editions.
> >
> > Is there a method to save these pages for re-us?
> >
> > Or must I save the entire publication as a Template?
> >
> > Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file?

0
cuig (6)
2/24/2008 10:07:01 PM
You can copy/paste a single page into a new publication and save as a Publisher
template.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future
> editions.
>
> Is there a method to save these pages for re-us?
>
> Or must I save the entire publication as a Template?
>
> Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/24/2008 10:30:59 PM
Publisher allows you to delete mutiple pages at one time so it won't be too
difficult. You could select everything that's on the page you want, copy it,
open a blank page and paste it in. Your choice. :-)

--

> Thanks.  I thought of that work-around but also thought there must be an
> easier and cleaner way.
>
> Guess there isn't
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in
>> > future
>> > editions.
>> >
>> > Is there a method to save these pages for re-us?
>> >
>> > Or must I save the entire publication as a Template?
>> >
>> > Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file?

0
jl_paules (2768)

After Update Save
I have a form that I want to force one of the fields to update with a timestamp when any of the other field's data changes. Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() Me.PESA_timestamp = CurrentUser() & " ~ " & Date End Sub When a change is made, it stays in the record and won't leave "Edit mode" until I hit the ESC key. How can I get it to accept my changes and allow me to proceed to the next record without manually hitting the ESC. Also. .is there a way to get the Login Name rather than the PC user name? -- Thank you, cs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...

Password Protect When Saved
Is there a way of setting up a password, so if the save button is pressed a password is needed before the program can be saved. Also people. I am trying to write some code so when a button in my program is pressed it exits without saving. I have - ActiveWorksheet.Close I can not figure out what to put next, nothing I seem to wite is working "Nick" wrote: > Is there a way of setting up a password, so if the save button is pressed a > password is needed before the program can be saved. The easy question. You could have a button (from the Forms toolbar) that looks like ...

How do I save a Publisher document as my desktop picture?
I have created a simple Publisher document that is a reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save this document so it shows as my desktop background picture? Thank you, Randy. Randy95 wrote: > I have created a simple Publisher document that is a > reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as > there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save > this document so it shows as my desktop background > picture? Thank you, Randy. =========================================== If you...

formview and property pages
I have a formview with four property pages. What I would like to do is populate the CEdit controls with variables contained in the active property page when the "Refresh" button (also in the active property page) is pressed. My formview class is the one that is handling communications to the device driver so I'm not sure how to get the property page to communicate to the device driver or have access to any of the formview's methods and variables. Would passing the this pointer of the formview to the property pages during creation be one way? I'm looking for som...

How to save MS Money program updates?
I wish to archive software updates to Microsoft Money on my computer's disk drive. What I mean is, I would like to be able to obtain the latest version of the MS Money program without going through Microsoft's network servers. In particular, I would like to be able to 1. Install MS Money from the Microsoft CD-ROM that I bought. 2. Execute one or more update/installer files stored on my own PC. How to obtain the update/installer file(s) in step 2. above? I have the latest version, Microsoft Money Plus Premium 17.0.125.1415 expiring 11/23/2009. Thanks for any suggestions. -- David A...

Saving longer history of newsgroups then my ISP
My ISP saves binaries groups on his newsgroup server for only 2 days. Since that I have many incomplete posts. I was wondering if I can use my exchange server 2003 nntp features to get several groups from my ISP news server oll the time and that way I will be able to have a long history of those groups and not only 2 says (like my ISP is saving). Is it possible ? How do I do that ? Thanks for your time ra294@hotmail.com ...

One From Update Requery another form
Greetings, I have a form that is simply a containter form for two sub forms. There is no real relationship between the form and the subs, but rather between one sub and another. The sub1 is a continuous from, while the sub 2 is an individual form. Each of these subs is based on their own query. But both queries are based certain on the same large table. So think as sub one General Info and Sub2 as specific. In On Current of the General sub2 specific, I have code to link this sub to sub2. So, sub1 serves as an index for sub2. Data can be added in sub2, but sub1 accepts no additions o...

1/2 Page Numbers
I have created a Publisher Document that I am using as a manual. I will periodically publish updates to the manual and may need to insert pages. I would like to be able to number these new pages with decimals - for example, if I insert a two pages between pages 4 and 5, I would like to number the new pages 4.1 and 4.2. Is there anyway I can do this??? When I go into the format area it makes me choose a whole number. Apply a different Masterpage where the format for page numbering is 4.# Start the number over from 1 by inserting a section. Then on the following section restart the ...

Combine varied data from separate workbooks into one chart
I want to combine varied data from separate workbooks into one chart. Data is collected at varied date intervals and level ranges (11/03-2/07) & (0-100). Data begins with 24k rows and is filtered to 1K. Individual charts display daily data labeled as varied mm/dd/yy on the ‘Category Axis’ and 0-40, 0-60 & 0-100 on the ‘Value Axis’. Adding additional ‘Series’ just gives one horizontal line. TIA Here are some guidelines: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Pel...

looking for a lease abstract template
I am looking for a lease abstrat template. Realogic Analytics is an abstracting services company. They may have a template or checklist somewhere. http://realogicinc.com...

one table that shows purchase orders, cost accounts, invoices and payments
could anyone help us how to create one simple table in GP10 that combines all of the above without having to extract the data from multiple sources and then collating them, in Excel Hi, ur main requirement is extract the data for excel then u create a view andthen use this view to create smart list in GP. Using this smartlist u can view and and generate excel report. POP10100 – Purchase Order Work (header) POP10110 – Purchase Order Line Work (line detail) POP30100 – Purchase Order History (header) POP30110 – Purchase Order Line History (line detail) PM20000 – Open/Posted Transact...

Excel template has no pagesetup when opening from VB
Could anybody help me how to get back the pagesetup of a template? I have a VB application to create a workbook from a template. When I launch the from VB, it works fine to get back the pagesetup from the template with: oWorkBook=oExcelApp.WorkBooks.Open (Filename:="myWorkbook.xlt", Edittable:=False) oWorkBook.Sheets(1).PageSetup.LeftHeader containes the defined header from the template But when I launch the compiled EXE oWorkBook.Sheets(1).PageSetup.LeftHeader containes an empty string. Any idea? Thanks for any help! ...

Starting page number other that 1
Hope somebody out there can help me! In Publisher 1998 and 2000 I can just go to Tools >Options> General and type in the page number that I want the publication to start with( ie 100 for example) This allow me to have different chapters in different files. Can't find it in Publisher 2002 and can't find it anywhere for that matter(not even in help or assistance on the web!) Please let me know if you can do it Barry In news:0d7a01c432eb$38a57f50$3a01280a@phx.gbl, Barry Richard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: > Hope somebody out there can help me! >...

Update date in one cell when any cell in a range is modified
Hi group, I have one cell in a worksheet where I would like to have the date refreshed *if and when* any of the cells in several columns and abt 25 rows are modified. How can I do this? My date goes in H1. The cells which may be modified are C4:C15, D4:D15, G4:15, K4:K33 and L4:L33 Lars Stockholm First, G4:15 is really G4:G15???? Are they updated by typing? If yes, you can tie into the worksheet_Change event. Rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior. Select view code and paste this into the code window that just opened: Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Ch...

open a web page in Outlook
Happy Holidays! I am working on a project that involves opening web pages in outlook. We have couple public folders that have default web pages. The interesting is that all of them open ok in browser but some would not open in outlook. in particular, the ones with https are most common not to open. Any ideas why is this happening??? We are running office XP and some users have service packs and some don't. Service pack version seams to be irrelevant. George do the https ones set cookies? There seems to be a problem with sites that require cookies. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook...

Outlook Prompts for E-mail Account and Password Even Though "Save Password" Has Been Checked (XP)
The OS is XP Pro. One user, Adminstrator, password login. I can't recall if it's Outlook 2000 or 2003. Multiple e-mail accounts. Every time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the account logins and passwords. He checks the "save password" box and it gets the mail. But the next time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the accountnames and passwords again. Any idea why? Peter, I have had the same problem ever since I upgraded to Outlook 2002. Hope someone has the answer. This also happens on several of my web based email sites. I check the Remember my login and p...

Can more than one user open a single document?
Is there a way that two or more users can open an excel document at the same time without the file becoming read-only? Kile, Take a look at Tools - Share workbook. It allows more than one user to have the workbook open. There are restrictions. And problems. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Kile" <Kile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F7389CF-F844-4210-B579-8876B8E35956@microsoft.com... > Is there a way that two or more users can open an excel document at the > same > time without the file becoming read-only? ...

Saving a specific word or phrase, bring it up next time I type it
In Word 2003, I was able to save a specific word or phrase by running my cursor over it and selecting the "auto correct" option. I was then able to type just the first couple of letters of that word or phrase and that word or phrase would pop-up, then all I had to do was hit the enter key to insert it in that sentence. Now that I have Word 2007 installed, I am not able to perform this function. I need to be able to type fast in my line of work; therefore, these saved words and phrases are a real time-saver. Can anyone help me! The function is still present, from Word ...

how to save file with preview in excel
How do you save a file with preview in excel On the File menu, choose Properties, then the Summary tab. There, check the "Save preview picture" checkbox. "Rebee" <Rebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261A3C8B-D77D-4879-9FDE-6BE996033261@microsoft.com... > How do you save a file with preview in excel ...

Templates to Toolbars
I have created a few templates (emails) which are stored in the defautl templates folder. However, the process of going through ...New->Choose Form-> selecting the form folder -> selecting the template... every time I need to open a template seems to negate the expediency of creating the template in the first place. I would like to be able to create toolbar buttons/icons with which to open my templates to save time. Have not been able to find resources to help me create macros to associate with tooblar buttons (only for Forms, not templates). Any info would be helpful. Tha...

2 Subforms, can't change link fields for one
I have two subforms on my main form. The second is a copy of the first, but I want to link it to separate fields on the main form. When I open the main form in design view, the first subform shows in design view, but the second is just a blank control. The controlsource field is set to the same as the first. When I try to change the link child/master fields, it says: "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." and blanks it out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, =Ray= ...

Access product activation page
I have a trial Microsoft Office on my laptop. I have bought Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 from PC World. The Instruction says to 1.Start Word 2. Locate the Product Key on the back of the Media Holder. 3. Enter the 25 digit Product Key to unlock the software. The missing stage in the process is : How do I access the Product Key activation screen with the box in which to enter the Product Key? I seem to recall that the trial provides the option to change the product key from Word Options > Resources, but as you have bought a full version on disc, it might be wiser ...

folder deleted while trying to delete one file in Outlook Express
I wanted to delete one file but instead it deleted the entire folder. It was not sent to the deleted folder nor to the recycle bin. Why did this happen? More important is there anyway that I can retrieve the files in the folder. Thanks in advance. Gil Hoellerich It happened cause you pressed delete and then confirmed it by pressing yes. I don't believe there is any way to recover it other than by restoring from backup. "G Hoellerich" <ghoellerich@NC.RR.com> wrote in message news:01de01c35a02$42738fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I wanted to delete one file but instead it d...

Creating & Using an Email Template
Hi Everyone, We could certainly use some help. We are not regular Outlook users and I have to admit, Microsoft seems to make everything more complicated than it needs to be. All we want to do is create an email template so that we can use that template again when sending future messages. In Netscape, we can drag-drop a sent message into a Template folder and voila its done. I can now go to that folder, double click the message and use it again to send that message again when needed. It doesn't appear to be that easy in Outlook. Not surprised. That's why we call it Micro$of...

Two formulas in one cell
Correction: This did not work for what I need. I need to show the totals found on the second row, i.e. the totals of the 1.0, 2.0, etc. but keeping separate and together. I have an excel sheet showing what I need if I am too confusing here. Can you give us a simple example best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme of the data and the expected results? "something68" <something68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35ECB9C7-9B22-4CBA-9547-25801E3608DA@microsoft.com... > Correction: This did not work ...