Saving from Publisher to Word

I have several docs that I need to save to MS Word. They were done in
Publisher. Is this possible? If so, How is this done?
0
GrnIdLdy (1)

There is an option to save as a Word document in *files of type*, scroll down to
the .doc choices.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"GrnIdLdy" <GrnIdLdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have several docs that I need to save to MS Word. They were done in
> Publisher. Is this possible? If so, How is this done?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

publisher version incompatibility issues (2000 & 2002)
I have several users running Publisher 2000. I upgraded a few of them to 2002. My mistake, I will never upgrade just some machines again!!! Is there any exhaustive, definitive reference available explaining all the quirks, incompatibility issues and work arounds for using PUBLISHER 2000 & 2002 together? 5th item from the bottom- http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=48 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "philbert68" <philbert68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0994C513-66C1-4A27-95D7-EAF076C6B93D@micros...

Font problem with different Publisher Versions
I have MS Publisher 98 and MS Publisher 2000, and I could use some help on an issue that keeps me locked in to MS Publisher 98. I publish a newsletter in english and hebrew using MS Publisher 98. I use Times New Roman and I use hebrew letters by inserting symbols into the text -- nothing fancy, just selecting symbols from the Times New Roman font set. When I try to open this *.pub document in MS Publisher 2000 (or 2003), I get a warning that "font substitution is needed for the Times New Roman Hebrew fonts". (of course, the fonts won't display properly, even when i try ...

Graphic Trouble When Saving Publisher doc as HTML
When I create a Publisher document with text and a graphic, I use one large text box and paste the graphic into it. The text automatically wraps around the graphic, which is how I like it. When I save my publisher document as a web page, and open it up in IE, the text that "used" to wrap around that graphic doesn't wrap anymore. It just runs right through it to the right side border of the text box. Other than keeping my text in one text box and my graphic outside of it, is there a way to insert a graphic within a text box so that this doesn't happen when I save it as a we...

Temp Files saved working in a Windows Network
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I save my office documents I worked on there is allways a second file saved which starts like ._ I suppose it is a temp file which is created from the autorecovery process. How can it be solved that these files will be deleted automatically? On 3/24/09 12:16 PM, in article 59b7045c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "alieby@officeformac.com" <alieby@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > When I save my office documents I ...

Problem: Publishing changes with Deployment MAnager
Hi I have a problem publishing changes with Deployment Manager (CRM 3.0) My Deployment Manager has only 3 nodes ( Server Manager, License Manager & User Manager). If I get it right, any time I make changes (for ex. Customizing Leads adding new Industries) I need to publish changes in Deployment Manager, and I simply can't because I don't have such an action. Any idea? many thanks George You publish changes in the web client under Settings, Customizations, Customize Entities, highlight the Entity and click the Publish button. "George Athanasopoulos" wrote:...

How to include our national holidays on calendar in publisher
Does anyone know how to include our national holidays on calendar in publisher? Thanks scat wrote: > Does anyone know how to include our national holidays on calendar in > publisher? > > Thanks Not possible, unless you add them manually (at least no way I've found - there might be a way that I'm unaware of, naturally.) I'd love to be able to use the holidays file that Outlook uses in Publisher as I, too, design calendars. -- My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually lose his marbles? ...

cannot fax from Panther with Word
I cannot fax a document from Word from OSX Panther. I just get a "dinging" sound. When I try to open the address book I can't select an address book. I can't even close the address book again. It keeps "dinging" regardless what I try to do. However, finally when I put a fax number in manually, I was able to fax the Word document under Panther. It has something to do with the link to the address book! All this works fine with TextEdit. It is purely a problem with Microsoft Word. This problem was posted in January. I have update version 10.1.4 installed. Has anyone...

finding words
hi all this is maybe a little bit simple but.. i use an access database in an VB 6 program When i want to find a name in de table, i don't have a problem when i spell it correct but i want to find also de words when i leave the last symbols or when i'm lookin' for more possibilities like i spell 'house' but i want also find 'ourhouse' 'housebell' etc Who can help me please ...

Save file as text from cell
I have a company name in one cell, when I click save I would like the company name pasted in the name box. Thanks This is just an example. This little macro will SaveAs to the contents of A1. Put c:\whatever.xls in cell A1 and run the macro. Sub savetocell() Dim s As String s = Cells(1, 1) ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ s, FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _ , CreateBackup:=False End Sub -- Gary''s Student "jweasl" wrote: > I have a company name in one cell...

How do I save the taskbar layout of an email?
My new emails come up with the taskbar all jumbled up, I rearrange them but it doesn't save them on exit. How do I set the layout and then save it? It depends on the toolbars that you have rearranged. Were these added by an add-in perhaps? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/152 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Where did Word and Works newsgroups go?
Anyway I believe this is a Windows XP problem dealing with MS Word 2000. When I copy into Word 2000 from like IE6, Word will quit working with the clipboard. Closing Word and reopening it will make it start working once again. About a year ago, I was testing a number of XP systems and stopped updating Windows. This worked so well on my test machines that I stopped all of the rest of them. So nowadays I only get hotfixes that actually fix a problem that I am having. Although this one computer I restored from the Recovery CD just last week. And there are no new updates on it ...

Publisher Reader #2
Does anyone supply a read-only version of Publisher? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk No, but you can download the trial, when the trial expires it seems to become a viewer. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mr John ...

save text field w/ leading zeros in .csv format & not lose zeros?
I currently have a csv file with a field that has one digit numbers. I need to create a text field and convert the one digit number to two digit text by adding a leading zero. I have tried using the concatenate function to add the leading zero, but when I close the csv file, it reverts back to one digit. How can I get the file to save the field as text and include the leading zero? Check your CSV file in Notepad, not in Excel. Excel will frequently convert your text representation of a number into a number, even though it likely was written out to disk with the leading zero "...

Repeated Word crashes

Why does saving as XLSM trigger Compatibility Checker?
If I save as XLSX, Excel 2007 knows not to bother with the compatibility checker, because I'm not saving in an old format. But when I try to save my files with macros in the new formats that support macros, like XLSM or XLTM, it yaps to me about compatibility errors (just minor formatting referring to the cells that use the new pallette). I don't care about backward compatibility for this particular file as I'm the only one who will use it. Since I'm not saving in an older format, why does it pester me with this every time I try to save? Is there any way to stop this ju...

saving sent mail address
I have Outlook 2002 and would like to know how I configure my sent mail that the email address is saved in a drop down list from the: To: line in the email. I hope that I have made myself clear. in other words by typing the first letter of the address the list will appear. Aloha Richard, I believe you're looking for AutoSuggest. It's been a while since I've looked at Outlook 2002 but if I recall correctly that feature wasn't added to Outlook until Outlook 2003. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: ht...

Word Attachment generates error from paint??
Help, One of my teachers clicks on a .doc attachment in Outlook 2k, and gets the following error: Paint cannot read this file. This is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported. Windows XP Pro is the OS. HELP! The icon on the attachment is for a word document, so why is paint tyring to get in the process?? Steve In news:1126886531.056414.95120@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, w5en@cox.net <w5en@cox.net> typed: > Help, > One of my teachers clicks on a .doc attachment in Outlook 2k, and gets > the following error: Paint cannot read this file. This i...

Slight apology to Mr. MS Publisher
A day or so ago, you answered my query about letter spacing. You said: If you are seeing the problem on your screen, it is your video driver. If you are seeing it in print, it is your printer driver. The correct answer, of course, is C; None of the above. You've harped on this before, and I plead guilty - I didn't give you all the information. Sorry, and mea culpa! The files look fin in hard copy and on the screen in Publisher. It's when the files are uploaded via FTP to a Web page and viewed thru a browser that the letters get all squished together - it's in the HTML scenar...

How do I get my MS Publisher web page to publish to my web site?
I have WIndows Vista Home Edition, use MS Publisher 2007 and have Internet Explorer 8. I am unable to publish my web page, crated in MS Pub 07, to my web domain at JustHost.com. Can you help me? ...

page numbers in Publisher #3
i'm making a booklet and need the numbers to start on the 3rd page (not the cover, not the inside cover, but the facing 3rd page). can anyone help? Insert - section. Put your numbers in the new section. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "mialevine" <mialevine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CC9092E-0FA4-49D4-99A3-42D7E0DAFA42@microsoft.com... > i'm making a booklet and need the numbers to start on the 3rd page (not > the > cover, not the inside cover, but the f...

Creating an Outline Format in Publisher
I am going crazy. I am creating a publication and have a couple of sections in which I use an Outline format. 1. A. bullet point 1) etc. I am using styles and formats and have created a Body Text with the numbers. 1,2,3 Next I created a body text that uses the A,B,C, etc. since the increase indent feature didn't work. Only, when I go back to the Numbers, it starts over with 1, instead of Point 3. I looked to see if I could change the from this point on number, but that didn't work. Outline format works in word, but I'm not sure how to get it to work here, short of manually do...

unbound forms saving records in access 2003
i have created a unbound local form to record details and wish to save the record to a table which is linked to the database on the server Access 2003 -- RFortune Any reason why you don't just bind the form to the table? "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0928FA10-5E67-485F-ABB3-6A025E43B814@microsoft.com... > i have created a unbound local form to record details and wish to save > the > record to a table which is linked to the database on the server Access > 2003 > -- > RFortune The data base is multi user and i...

Option to Save Sent Message
I was told by a friend that uses notes that when he sends a message, he has the option to save and send the message, or just send the message from the new message window. Is this an option in Outlook that can be set? I know there is an area where you can say to save all sent messages, but this can create a substantial amount of bloat on users mailbox, as they rarely think to clear their sent items, and it would be nice to be able to save only items you know you may need in the future. If not in standard version, does anyone know of a third party utility that can do this? Thanks, Nate ...

I cannot send publisher doc as email, only attachment
When I try to send a publisher document as email it only allows me to send as an attachment not as the body of the email. Any help? Select all, copy/paste into Outlook... Does your recipient accept HTML emails? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "robertfcurtis" <robertfcurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF8FE40B-7998-4417-8701-2C810B9656A5@microsoft.com... > When I try to send a publisher document as email it only allows me to send as > an attachment not as the body of the ema...